Sendmail

Can any one help me setting up my mail server. I have 3 different
domains i want to set that up in one m/c.

Help
0
bhavingsi
7/15/2004 3:18:57 PM
comp.admin.policy 907 articles. 0 followers. renu_p_r (17) is leader. Post Follow

What M/C are you Planning on Using - Outlook Express, Outlook Etc.

Kevin

bhavingsi@yahoo.com (Bhavin) wrote in message news:<49df75f0.0407150718.21c23a7e@posting.google.com>...
> Can any one help me setting up my mail server. I have 3 different
> domains i want to set that up in one m/c.
>
> Help
0
kcallanan

sendmail.sendmail?
I'm setting up a newly configured server from the hosting provider, and the sendmail file is in /usr/lib/sendmail.sendmail I'm not sure why sendmail.sendmail is repeating. Is there some configuration remaining or do I just need to rename the file to sendmail? Thanks Dan DeLion <noemail@northpole.nowhere> wrote: > I'm setting up a newly configured server from the hosting provider, and the > sendmail file is in > /usr/lib/sendmail.sendmail > I'm not sure why sendmail.sendmail is repeating. Is there some > configuration remaining or do I just need t...

Graphical Admin for sendmail
Can anyone recommend a graphical admin tool for configuring and managing sendmail on linux ? -- http://www.texeme.com Clusty is the coolest search engine! http://clusty.com John Bailo <jabailo@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<2sg93uF1gjs2jU1@uni-berlin.de>... > Can anyone recommend a graphical admin tool for configuring and managing > sendmail on linux ? You're not likey to find a good one. Sendmail has way too many options. Everything is in the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file. A GUI tool would be essentially reading this file into a gooey interface and saving ch...

please help sendmail admins
dear admins, i had a local mail server which is used by my office programmers. i used smtp server for outgoing mails and pop server receiving mails. The smtp and pop servers are in local network. my doubt is, how can i set the smtp server outside the local network. That is pop server will be in local network and the smtp server should be any another network( network may be in any other country) is this possible if it please help regards prasanna I would think it should not be an issue if you allow the "internal" network range to relay on the &q...

GUI tools to admin sendmail
Hi all, Any GUI toosl for the administration of sendmail server? Please advise me if there is. many many thanks helo wrote: > Hi all, > > Any GUI toosl for the administration of sendmail server? Please advise me > if there is. > If you want to use SuSE-Linux: yast2 But you also need vi :-) Webmin, Eric "helo" <weicun@hotmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:bdej1v$ap0$1@nobel.pacific.net.sg... > Hi all, > > Any GUI toosl for the administration of sendmail server? Please advise me > if there is. > > > many many thanks > > ...

I need a SMTP ADMIN with SendMail EXP
Hello All, I have the below mentioned requirement for a Fortune 500 Campany based out of Mountain View, CA, if anyone is a good fit, please email me or call me at the earliest. -- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES DUTIES >> Provide 2nd level support for SMTP email requests Maintain entire operating environment Provide 24x7 oncall support Ensure environment is secure, efficient and stable by identifying operation ineffeciencies and process improvements Identify and implement requried maintenance activities/tasks to be completed as part of quarterly maintenance projects Participate in Engi...

sendmail fails to deliver to livemail with policy bounce
Hi list, I've configured up a webserver, it server exists only as a webserver and as such PHP is doing all of the sending using sendmail. I have a problem whereby any mail sent to hotmail (livemail) addresses gets rejected with the following bounce: From MAILER-DAEMON@www.MYHOST.com.au Sat Aug 30 10:46:22 2008 Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:46:22 +1000 From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@www.MYHOST.com.au> To: <apache@www.MYHOST.com.au> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/report; report-type=delivery-status; boundary="m7U0kMSt026514.1220057182/www.MYHOST.com....

[Sendmail] Strange sendmail log...
Hello. I ran linux web+sendmail server for years. Recently i was noticed that my server appointed as spam mail sending black list. When i look into my sendmail log, it was surprising. Some Brizilian spammers are sending massive spam mail via my box. I think there was some hole in user name "apache". Now i'm changed username apache --> apache2, but it is same. Sendmail Version = starting daemon (8.13.4): SMTP+queueing@01:00:00 ---- sendmail log. Jun 3 18:50:47 node sendmail[16954]: j539ojU6016954: from=<>, size=4982, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<20050603141608.BD...

sendmail.cf and sendmail.mc
A simple question: is there a way to include parts of sendmail.cf in sendmail.mc? Thank you. Marco Verago. Marco Verago schrieb: > A simple question: is there a way to include parts of sendmail.cf in > sendmail.mc? Not a simple question at all, as I can't for the life of it imagine what you are actually wanting to achieve. sendmail.cf is generated from sendmail.mc, so you seem to be creating a sort of circular dependency here. Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt@phoenixsoftware.de> writes: > Marco Verago schrieb: > > > A simple question: is there a way to include parts...

sendmail ignores sendmail.cf
If i do a 'sendmail -C /etc/mail/sendmail.cf <adress>' everything works fine, but just using 'sendmail <adress>' seems to ignore sendmail.cf? There is even nothing like open(sendmail.cf) if i do an strace about this. See for yourself, this is like it expect it: nebula root # sendmail -C /etc/mail/sendmail.cf -v jan tescht .. jan... Connecting to mail.doubleslash.de. via relay... .... but this not: nebula root # sendmail -v jan tescht .. jan... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... jan... Deferred: Connection refused by [127.0.0.1] Jan Schubert wrote: > If...

sendmail and cyrus
until now i have a mailserver (based on SuSE 8.2) that delivers incoming mail to /var/spool/mail and users get it via pop3/qpopper. now i want imap access and installed cyrus. cyrus seems to work, (windows-) clients can access it and create new mailboxes. but incoming mail does not appear there. it still goes to /var/spool/mail. how should this work if it worked? does cyrus fetch the mail from /var/spool/mail or must sendmail deliver it straight to cyrus? cyrus documentation does not loose a word over sendmail and vice versa. what piece of configuration is missing here? does anyone know how ...

Sendmail/Sendmail Processes Hanging
Hi there, I have a problem with my RedHat 7.2 (2.4.18-26.7.x kernel) box and sendmail. We have recently been finding many many stuck sendmail processes where seemingly the first process freezes and all later ones then start but fail to log or complete in any way. We were running an old (8.11) version of sendmail so I have upgraded from source to the latest 8.13.6 and replaced the binary and config files ok. The new version runs fine and all seems to work. But... the problem continues. I have attached a copy of the relevant parts of a ps and netstat etc... below. I thought this might ...

sendmail
In FreeBSD 4.10, what are the necessary steps to set up sendmail? I am on a stand-alone computer, connected to the net via adsl. All I want is to use elm or similar to send off email to my remote smtp server. Thanks / JB danube wrote: > > In FreeBSD 4.10, what are the necessary steps to set up sendmail? I > am on a stand-alone computer, connected to the net via adsl. All I > want is to use elm or similar to send off email to my remote smtp > server. > > Thanks / JB Hi: Normally, I don't like it when I see responses of the type RTFM. However, ...

sendmail
Hi, i search an option where i can setup the following method. if a mass email sending run, the sendmail sould only send 3 emails to the same domain at the same time. you know? is that possible? thanks for help -- Mit freundlichen Gr��en Christian Schmidt Webmaster Homeatwork.de - SMS & Vertrieb, Marketing und Entwicklung mail: webmaster@homeatwork.de fon: +49 (0) 170 82 65 443 fon: +49 (0) 3628 58 56 8 2 url: http://www.homeatwork.de Christian Schmidt wrote: > i search an option where i can setup the following method. > if a mass email sending run, the sendmail sould only sen...

sendmail
I'm having trouble configuring sendmail. The OS is redhat 9. I'm not new to linux. I'm trying to use the PHP function mail() and it only sends the mail message to the root user instead of the intended recipient. I want it to be forwarded to an exchange 5.5 box (our mail server). Any help? Any good links to sites that might help me? I haven't found what i'm looking for at sendmail.org. Thanks in advance to any help. jedge wrote: > I'm having trouble configuring sendmail. The OS is redhat 9. I'm not > new to linux. I'm trying to use the PHP funct...

sendmail
Is there a way to add hyperlinks to the body of an email message using the sendmail function? I am using Microsoft Outlook. ...

SendMail
Hello Hopefully a quick one. I am utilising SENDMAIL within RedHat Enterprise, and most of my stes are ok. however, i have one site who's MAIL Service provider says i must send authentication parameters before allowing the mail to be sent directly to their SMTP server. Where is the USER and PASSWORD profile assigned, as this does not appeat to be present in sendmail.cf thanks John ...

Missing admin/hosts/users policies in recent krb-server build (RHEL4.5)
Greetings All, I built a test kerberos server a month ago & it had some pre-installed account policies. But in duplicating this (prod server & other test servers), no policies!! Can anyone advise? more info: I'm new to Kerberos & AFS (AFS being the reason for using Kerberos). I've googled a couple hours about this & can't find any answers. I'm following instructions for Fedora 9, although I'm using ScientificLinux 4.5 = a clone of RHEL4.5. http://www.dementia.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/FedoraAFSInstall On a test server built a month ago, these rpms ins...

(860) US-CT-Hartford: Business / Systems Analyst Life
********************************************************************** This job posting is brought to you by ISHUNTER.COM, offering computer jobs for programmers, engineers, systems analysts, network administrators and other high technology professionals. Search over 3,000 IS/IT jobs in the United States by clicking on http://www.ISHunter.com ********************************************************************** Title ...... Business / Systems Analyst Life - Policy Admin. , Skills ..... data integration projects,data mapping Location ... Hartford, CT Area Code .. 86...

US-NY-New York: Solaris System Admin, EMC, DNS, Sendmail, Veritas, TCP/IP; 6M (45345657606)
US-NY-New York: Solaris System Admin, EMC, DNS, Sendmail, Veritas, TCP/IP; 6M (45345657606) =========================================================================================== Position: Solaris System Admin Reference: SMC02002 Location: New York NY Duration: 6M Skills: Strong skills in EMC, DNS, and Sendmail, Veritas Volume Manager/Filesystem, Veritas Cluster, VCS, Veritas Netbackup, TCP/IP, Shell scripting, NIS, Unix security Excellent communication skills Project management skills Enterprise ...

US-NY-New York: Solaris System Admin, EMC, DNS, Sendmail, Veritas, TCP/IP; 6M (45344732409)
US-NY-New York: Solaris System Admin, EMC, DNS, Sendmail, Veritas, TCP/IP; 6M (45344732409) =========================================================================================== Position: Solaris System Admin Reference: SMC02002 Location: New York NY Duration: 6M Skills: Strong skills in EMC, DNS, and Sendmail, Veritas Volume Manager/Filesystem, Veritas Cluster, VCS, Veritas Netbackup, TCP/IP, Shell scripting, NIS, Unix security Excellent communication skills Project management skills Enterprise server management and consolidation. Scope: Project Title * Solaris System Administrator Project Description * The Solaris Server team is responsible for daily server support operations as well as other projects such as migration/upgrade activities through and beyond transformation to the leveraged capability model. Please send your current resume in confidence to staffing@eurosoft-inc.com ..45344732409. ...

Web resources about - Sendmail - comp.admin.policy

Open Source - Sendmail.com
Sendmail partners include a host of leading companies who share a proven track record of developing and delivering complimentary email products ...

Sendmail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the mail transfer agent. For the company, see Sendmail, Inc. . Sendmail is a general purpose internetwork email routing ...

Companies mobilize to patch Sendmail
... has security experts and software companies moving quickly to convince customers to apply a patch. A critical vulnerability in Sendmail, the ...

Sendmail hit by data interception flaw
Internet security researchers have discovered a serious flaw in versions of the widely-used Sendmail open-source e-mail software. The flaw could ...

Sendmail Adds Calendaring, Scheduling
E-mail server software developer Sendmail Inc. is branching out into groupware with the addition of its Calendar Server.

Sendmail Launches 'Rogue Email Application Control' Appliance
Sendmail this week announced the release of the Sentrion Rogue Email Application Control (REAC) appliance, a new offering designed to address ...

Another vulnerability found in Sendmail
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners . You can withdraw ...

Sendmail Hit by Data Interception Flaw - Slashdot
FreeBSD also has details in their security notification. Those guys are fast - if you want to have up to date info on security vulns., FreeBSD ...

Email Offline At the Home of Sendmail 179
... "The UC Berkeley email system has been either offline, or only providing limited access, for more than a week. How can the place where sendmail ...