windows 2000 and windows xp networking problem with athentication

i am trying to do a peer to peer with a windows 2000 machine and a xp
corp machine. i can see the machines in my network places, but when i
try to connect to the xp machine it ask for username and password, we
have usernames and passwords set up for both machines , they are the
same ones we use to log onto our own machines. they both have admin
rights. when we put in the username and password and hit ok it just
ask for it again and doesnt connect..we are both connected to a router
for my cable connection..the firewall allows acces from our ip's..any
help..thanks
0
clever_one
9/1/2003 8:14:15 PM
comp.admin.policy 907 articles. 0 followers. renu_p_r (17) is leader. Post Follow

rh_nayan@msn.com (Rakib Hassan) wrote in message news:<1a0a9065.0309020146.582df00f@posting.google.com>...
> Hi guys,
> you must got  problems in sharing permissions.if it doesnt work then
> make a dc(win2000)and make the xp pc its(dc's) client.i hope it will
> work.

check your registry settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
Maybe there is a key FORCEGUEST, if yes, edit the value to 0
0
kirsche
9/15/2003 4:05:14 PM
Just insert the XP CD choose preform other tasks and click set up
network, follow the wizzard and it'll sort it out (worked for me) XP
is against manual settings obviously.

Do it with both machines (yes its legal, even recomended by MS - see
wizzard) and you will be fine.

Tarl
0
tarlrules

Really really confused: Matlab's tricky window behavior on Linux, Windows 2000 and Window XP (was: why my matlab program on Linux and Windows XP behave so differently?)
"gino" <mizhael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cd5a6s$due$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > Hi folks, > > The matlab program is supposed to be cross platform compatible. Since matlab > uses Java, it should behave the same for the GUI to display on Windows XP > and Linux. But now, the GUI window was completely random showing on Linux > and on Windows XP. Manu UI control components are off their place. If I fix > this problem on Linux, the the UI controls will be off their place on > Windows; if I fix this problem on Windows, then the UI controls will be off >...

Windows NT vs Windows 2000 vs Windows XP
Hi, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to computers. I posted in another thread that I just purchased a used computer for close to nothing. I have an old windows NT workstation which I plan on installing. My question is : A friend of mine can sell me a Windows 2000 or Windows XP license for cheap. Is there any reason I need to spend $40 to buy any one of these two operating systems for an old Pentium II computer, instead of a free windows NT workstation system that I already have ? For general home use : access internet, typing documents, etc, is there any difference in us...

WINDOWS XP PRO --> WINDOWS 2003 SERVER
Hello, I want to add to the domain a computer but I can't. Client PC with Windows XP Pro can only see itself and the same with the windows 2003 server. The ping doesn't work. Maybe the problems are the IP numbers? Hardware is correctly installed and appears in both computers the network icon working. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance. PeeWee You must get basic network TCP/IP connectivity working first. PING tests will help. Once that happens then try joining the PC to the domain. Can you describe your network and TCP/IP network addressing? ...

Putty from Windows XP to Windows 2000 pro server
I've been using Putty telnet for some time (and very satisfactorily) to connect to a Solaris server. Now I'm trying to use it to connect to a Windows 2000 server. The character based application on the server uses tip files to control screen addressing - line draw chars, cursor movement, reverse type etc. - and to interpret function, delete, insert keys etc. However I can't find a combination of putty configuration setting and tip file which is entirely OK. On unix it's easy to trap function key sequences and modify tip files, but how do you do this on windows? I'd be ...

Access 2000 running on Windows XP/Network Connection problem
I have installed Access on a system which has Windows XP Home Edition as its operating system. My question is can I download and install MDAC 2.5 Service Pack 3 (SP3) which is for Windows 2000, not Windows XP? My Access version is 9.0.3831 SR-1. My concern is that the XP Home Edition contains Works as its suite instead of the Office versions of software. I don't want to screw up the other packages trying to get Access working. Addtional info: I have recently started to receive the "Error accessing file: Network Connection May Have been lost." error message when using Access....

Windows XP vs Windows 2000
Hi all I have strong and powerful computer. It has Dual Xeon processor and 2G memory. The operation system that installed right now is Microsoft server 2003. We use Matlab 6.5 (R13) and Microsoft SQL server only ( without any other big program that may slowly the speed of the processing). We understood that this version of Matlab (6.5) never been tested on this Operation system, so we decided to replace it to tested one. We are think over two operation system: - Windows XP - Windows 2000 ( Server or workstation) The most significant performance that we care is the speed of the processing at ...

Windows 2000 vs. Windows XP?
I know it's probably been asked to death, but what is everyone's preference and why? -O Ovid left a note on my windscreen which said: > I know it's probably been asked to death, but what is everyone's preference > and why? XP (Pro). Cause it's 2K with knobs on. -- Stoneskin [Insert sig here] On 5 Nov 2003 11:38:17 -0600, Ovid <Ovid@Epigram.com> wrote: >I know it's probably been asked to death, but what is everyone's preference >and why? I don't use Windows a whole lot. But when I do, my own preference is ...

Windows XP vs. Windows 2000
I use XP and I like one thing very much: fast user switching. Is there a way to somehow install it and have this service on Windows 2000 Pro? tf Greetings -- No. Bruce Chambers -- Help us help you: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. -- RAH "Tomasz Frelik" <tomasz.frelik@enzo.pl> wrote in message news:bgt3er$vm6$1@news.lublin.pl... > I use XP and I like one thing very much: fast user switching. Is there...

Windows XP vs. Windows 2000
I have created a visual basic program that creates an activeX component. I used the package and deployment wizard and created the internet package cab file with no problems. When upload the cab file to my clients server, they can view the created .htm page perfectly with internet explorer on WindowsXP but when they try and view the .htm file on a windows2000 machine all they get is a small white box. The ActiveX control button never loads? Any ideas? I am about to go the other way. I developed a component in windows 2000 and we're going to upgrade to XP. Does anyone know where ...

replacing windows xp with windows 2000
I just recently bought a laptop with the Windows XP operating system preinstalled. Being an advocate of Windows 2000 I was trying to replace XP with 2000 but ran into the following problem. The setup process seems to not allow newer Windows operating systems be replaced by older ones despite the preference of the operator. Is there any way to get around this? If there is one I'd be very grateful for advise. Thanks. Boot from a Win 98 floppy, fdisk, format and install Terry "Joe" <josephstran@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1a55ccc2.0401111637.682b70c8@posting.google...

Networking Windows 7 with Windows XP
My Windows 7 and Windows XP computers can't talk to each other. They have = the same workgroup and are in the same subnet. Windows 7 can ping XP by IP= address but not by hostname. Windows XP can't ping Windows 7 by IP addres= s or host name. They were talking to each other until I restored the XP co= mputer from a backup, so I don't think the issue is with Windows 7. Any id= eas? ...

LAN Networking with Windows XP and Windows 98
hello, I have 3 computers: 2x with Windows XP Professional installed 1x with Windows 98 SE installed. I have knowledge on how to set up a simple lan and the configuration I think is correct, but whenever I have all 3 computers connected to my 4 port 10/100 ethernet hub I always get a collision whenever all 3 are logged on.... All I do is disconnect one of the cables from the hub and it fixes the problem....But I should be able to have 3 PC's connected to a four port hub otherwise there is no point having 4 ports.... Should the NIC's be set to 100Mbps - Full duplex??? Because that is w...

VB6 and Windows Installer problem on Windows 2000
Hi, I've got Visual Studio 6.0 sp5 installed on a Toshiba laptop running Windows 2000 pro. Whenever I start Visual Basic, Windows Installer starts up and tries to install some unknown component, after clicking cancel Visual Basic hangs up. Help!!! Thanks, McFly Thanks anyway, A key in the windows registry was missing for some MS Office component. The Event Viewer gave the clue to solve this problem. I don't know why vb was triggering that event. Regards, McFly. ...

Windows XP and Windows 98 Networking... Ugh...
Here is my problem, I have a Win 98 network, It works great with any computer as long as it is windows 98.. My friend has XP home and he can connect to my router and get on the internet, but file and print sharing doesn't work. I can see his computer on the network but I cant connect. I think it says something like the network path could not be found. I'm Just wondering if anybody could tell me what the trick is to networking xp... I know it has a lot of security features from NT and its probably something to do with my lack of knowledge of win nt. I havnt upgraded to xp yet...

IWPM For Windows 2000 To work with Windows XP?
Guys, Have you been able to get this beast to work with Windows XP? When I attempt to run the install program, it says it "Can not write PATH Key" and then quits. I am in Administration mode on the PC and can write to the PATH manually. Is there a newer viewer then Version 2 Release 3 Build 20001004? Thanks! ----------------------- James http://www.fordaspire.com -Web http://www.fordtaurus.net -Web jpiper2@gmail.com - Email ...

Mapping Drives From Windows 2000 To Windows XP
First, let me say I am a developer not a network guy, so I reconize my limitations in this area. I am running Windows XP on my desktop in Domain A. I am trying to map a drive on a Windows 2000 server machine in Domain B using Windows explorer. I supply credentials which are valid for the Win2K machin in Domain B. A space is created in my explorer (the space is blank, it does not contain any information about the drive I mapped). I can see the file system (i.e. the directory tree) fine, but if I try to copy any files from my pc to the mapped drive, I get complaints about the filenames being ...

[...]

windows 98Se and windows XP network help
I have a simple network involving a PC on XP and a laptop on 98SE being connected together via a ethernet switch. They can both each other's adress and get a reply via the command prompt, but neither can see the other in network neighbourhood. Any ideas?? Thanks Edward Fixed this too. edwardmluk@hotmail.com (Edward) wrote in message news:<5e8d667.0312300617.507186ac@posting.google.com>... > I have a simple network involving a PC on XP and a laptop on 98SE > being connected together via a ethernet switch. They can both each > other's adress and get a repl...

[News] [Rival] Problem with Windows Vista Listed, Man Threatens to Sue over Windows XP Problems
5 Mistakes Microsoft made with Windows Vista ,----[ Quote ] | Let me outline those 5 mistakes Microsoft made with the Windows Vista launch | and talk about how Microsoft might be able to keep Windows Vista from being a | sequel to Windows ME. `---- http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=41979 Customer wants to sue the inventor of Windows XP. ,----[ Quote ] | When I worked for a Norwegian ISP I got my hands on a really funny email from | an angry customer who doesn’t know too much about computers. `---- http://greenshinobi.wordpress.com/2007/08/15/customer-wants-to-sue-the-i...

Windows XP networking problem??
Hello, I have at home, two Windows XP machines which are connected to a Linksys router to share the internet connection. Now with normal connection, I can do a search for computer on network, it shows the other computer but I cannot access the shared folders on the other computer. Also I want to share the printer on one computer. I cannot even see the printer in the shared resources. However, I have enabled the file and printer sharing in the connection properties. Is there anything I need to take care of in order to make the computers talk to each other? Thanks, Anand. www.careyholzman.co...

Windows XP Networking problems
Hi, I bought a SpaceCube and tried to set up a network with my RISPC Kinetic 4.03 through an 8 port 10/100M fast internet switch. After a lot of tweaking, I got the system and Tight VNC working. However, somehow I screwed it up and now, I can send files to MyDocs, C etc, on the SpaceCube. I can rename and delete them from RISC OS, but I cannot bring files back to the RISC PC or read them on the RISC PC side - I receive a timeout error. Also, Tight VNC freezes with a black window. I have wallpaper disabled on the Windows side. I am using Omniclient and can open C, MyDocs and Shared...

Windows XP networking problem??
Hello, I have at home, two Windows XP machines which are connected to a Linksys router to share the internet connection. Now with normal connection, I can do a search for computer on network, it shows the other computer but I cannot access the shared folders on the other computer. Also I want to share the printer on one computer. I cannot even see the printer in the shared resources. However, I have enabled the file and printer sharing in the connection properties. Is there anything I need to take care of in order to make the computers talk to each other? Thanks, Anand. www.careyholzman.co...

Networking Problem, Setting up "Home Networking Wizard" with Windows XP
Networking Problem, Setting up "Home Networking Wizard" with Windows XP Host Machine is XP Home Edition with satellite internet connected to USB, a USB hub is running off of this machine with 3 clients. Client A (laptop) has Windows ME, Client B has 98 SE and C has 98. Client A can see the host, the host can see client A and I have successfully set up internet connection sharing on client A. Clients B and C cannot see the host and the host cannot see them, however they can see each other. The Workgroup for all machines is: MSWORKGROUP, all computer names are different. Ran th...

Web resources about - windows 2000 and windows xp networking problem with athentication - comp.admin.policy

Sportstats - Results
Claim and share your race results, receive live race notifications and more!

Authenticated actions as an alternative to login
The usual approach to authentication online is the “login” approach — you enter userid and password, and for some “session” your actions are ...

FileCloud – Release Notes
Private Cloud Solution That Offers On-Premises File Storage, Mobile Access and Sync for Businesses

Sudo authentication via old phone dial pad
This project is about making an alternate authentication method for sudo running on linux systems using a arduino with a dial pad from an old ...

The HTC Rezound gets an Ice Cream Sandwich release candidate
We've already seen one leaked ICS update for the Rezound earlier this year, but it was still a beta version. Now comes a release candidate, which ...

Govcode - Government Open Source Projects
Top Contributors About Govcode Government Open Source Projects Sort by: Forks - Recent wh-app-ios View Commits whitehouse 202 wh-app-android ...

Sportstats - Log In
Claim and share your race results, receive live race notifications and more!

Log In
{"SWIMMING":"Swimming","start.following":"Follow","multi.claim.added.header":"Result Added","manual.claim":"Manual Claim","snowshoe":"Snowsh ...

Sportstats - Log In