Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of
the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem
(Hungary)

http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/

You can download MATLAB Toolboxes:

 - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox
 - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox
 - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox
 - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox

independent MATLAB programs related to:

 - Data mining
     * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation
     * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy
Classifiers
     * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions:
Grey-Box Identification and Control Design
     * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS
Model Reduction
     * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data
     * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace
elements of clinkers

 - Process control and monitoring
    * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks
Identified by Sensitivity Approach
    * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation -
Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models
    * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy
Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on

manuscripts in PDF about

- fuzzy model based process control and monitoring
- fuzzy clustering and classification
- incorporation of a priori knowledge in the identification of fuzzy
systems
- block-oriented modelling of dynamical systems
- fuzzy clustering and its applications to chemometrics
- generic model control (GMC) based on hybrid models.

The related transparencies of the conference presentations and
MATLAB program codes and data are also available.

Supporting MATLAB and Simulink files of the book:

Fuzzy Model Identification for Control J�nos Abonyi, University of
Veszpr�m, Hungary January  2003 / 288 pp. / 132 ill. / Hardcover
ISBN 0-8176-4238-2, Price: $74.95

are also available. This book presents new approaches to the
construction of fuzzy models for model-based control. New model
structures and identification algorithms are described for the
effective use of heterogeneous information in the form of numerical
data, qualitative knowledge, and first principle models. The main
methods and techniques are illustrated through several simulated
examples and real-world applications from chemical and process
engineering practice.

Your comments and suggestions are truly welcome.

Yours sincerely,

Janos Abonyi, Ph.D

http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/
0
abonyij (3)
3/2/2005 10:48:01 AM
comp.ai.neural-nets 5773 articles. 2 followers. tomhoo (63) is leader. Post Follow

Call For Papers: Soft Computing for Bioinformatics (SOFT COMPUTING Journal
=20 SOFT COMPUTING Journal - SPRINGER =20 Special Issue on =20 Soft Computing for Bioinformatics =20 CALL FOR PAPERS =20 The past few years have witnessed phenomenal growth of=20 bioinformatics, an exciting field devoted to the interpretation and=20 analysis of biological data using computational techniques. Among=20 the large number of computational techniques used, soft computing,=20 which incorporates=20 =20 * neural networks,=20 * evolutionary computation,=20 * fuzzy systems, and=20 * chaos,=20 =20 stands out because of its demonstrated strength in handling=20 imprecise information and providing novel solutions to hard=20 problems.=20 =20 This special issue aims at not only showcasing innovative=20 applications of soft computing techniques to bioinformatics, but=20 also clarifying outstanding issues for future progress.=20 =20 Biological areas of interest include but are not limited to the=20 following:=20 =20 * protein structure and function,=20 * genomics,=20 * proteomics,=20 * molecular sequence analysis,=20 * evolution and phylogenetics,=20 * molecular interactions and structure,=20 * gene expression,=20 * metabolic pathways,=20 * regulatory networks,=20 * developmental control and systems biology. =20 =20 Papers should be submitted in PDF format via email to any of the=20 following guest editors by 30 March 2004:...

simple matlab neural net toolbox question
Hi, For the newlin function of the neural net toolbox, the online help says: NEWLIN(PR,S,ID,LR) takes these arguments, PR - Rx2 matrix of min and max values for R input elements. S - Number of elements in the output vector. ID - Input delay vector, default = [0]. LR - Learning rate, default = 0.01; My question concerns just what the purpose of PR is. Reading that I would think that it limits the range of what the input values can be, however if we do the following: net = newlin([-1 1],1,[0 1]); net.biasConnect=0; net.IW{1,1} = [1 2]; P = {1 2 3 4}...

RASC 2006 - Call for Papers
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D C A L L F O R P A P E R S =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D 6th International Conference on R E C E N T A D V A N C E S I N S O F T C O M P U T I N G ( R A S C 2 0 0 6 ) Knowledge Integration through Computational Intelligence ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= --- Department of Electronics, University of Kent Canterbury, Kent, United Kingdom, 10, 11, 12 July 2006 www.rasc2006.org or www.rasc2006.org.uk Sponsored by: IEE VIE Professional Network, European Neural Network Society, EUSFLAT IAPR TC1 Submission Deadline: 15 February 2006 =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D INTRODUCTION ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The 6th International Conference on Recent Advances in Soft Computing, RASC2006, will be hosted by the Department of Electronics at the University of Kent, Canterbury, UK, on 10, 11 and 12 July 2006. RASC 2006 is intended to provide a forum for researchers and enginee...

Neural Network Architecture with MATLAB Neural Network Toolbox
Dear neural network experts, I would like to make a neural network model for a situation when some of the input variables can interact, while others don't have any interactions. This information is based on logical considerations and I have to include it into the architecture of the net. For example, I have 3 different groups of input variables. Within each groups the variables are disjunct (i.e. no interaction). Variables of different groups may interact. This would result in either - restrictions to some weights of a network consisting of completely inter-linked neurons (i.e. some weights have to be zero), or - a combination of neural networks, one for each group of variables and one combining the groups (nested nets?). This network needs to be created, trained and simulated. How can I implement this based on commands of the neural network toolbox (newff?, trainlm?)? I would be very happy if you can point me to an example or similar that demonstrates how the commands have to be used in this situation. Many thanks in advance! Steffen mathneural@web.de wrote: > Dear neural network experts, > I would like to make a neural network model for a situation > when some of the input variables can interact, while > others don't have any interactions. This information is > based on logical considerations and I have to include it > into the architecture of the net. THe MLP and RBF are universal approximators. Interaction information is automatically ta...

Neural nets creating neural nets
Disclaimer: I know very little about neural nets. That said, from what I understand, the optimal parameters for a neural net vary from task to task: the number of nodes, layers, type of feedback, etc. I gather that it is largely up to the designer's sense of what would be appropriate for any given problem, and then some trial and error. Has anyone fooled around with having a neural net optimize a neural net? It would give a configuration as an output, the suggested net would then run on the original problem for a while, and its trained accuracy would be given as input to the meta-net. ...

Virtual reality toolbox Matlab
I'm using Virtual reality toolbox having 100 objects but at a time 5 object= s only takes action but I noticed that if only 1 object in .wrl file, it pr= ocessing good but when more than 1 its slows gradually less computation spe= ed. What is the solution of my scenario. Is dynamic Simulink VR-Sink can he= lp for me? What are the suggestions according to this problem? ...

Maple Toolbox for Matlab vs. Matlab Symbolic Toolbox?
What's the difference between Maple Toolbox for Matlab and Matlab Symbolic Math Toolbox? I saw Maplesoft website selling the former, and Mathworks selling the latter. Are they selling the same horse twice? In article <p9qdncFk5e7VVlHanZ2dnUVZ_jWdnZ2d@comcast.com>, Zeke Zeng <zzeng2@comcast.net> wrote: >What's the difference between Maple Toolbox for Matlab and Matlab Symbolic >Math Toolbox? >I saw Maplesoft website selling the former, and Mathworks selling the >latter. Are they selling the same horse twice? No, the Maple toolbox is m...

integrate fuzzy with neural net (fuzzy in neural net)
I'm electrical engineering student..n i have to do fuzzy neural network for my final project..but,,i'm absolutely have no idea about it... so, is there anyone who can help me to shOw how to integrate fuzzy in neural network using matlab fuzzy n neural toolbox... oya,,i want to figure out that i use it for classifying needs....... thanks... ;) ...

parallel computing toolbox without distributive computing toolbox
Hi, Is it true that the parallel computing toolbox won't work if the distributive computing toolbox has not been installed? Because then if I type in 'matlabpool', I received the following err msg: " License checkout failed. License Manager Error -4 Maximum number of users for Distrib_Computing_Toolbox reached. Try again later. To see a list of current users use the lmstat utility or contact your License Administrator. Troubleshoot this issue by visiting: http://www.mathworks.com/support/lme/R2008b/4 Diagnostic Information: Feature: Distrib_Computing_Toolbox License pa...

Why are Neural Nets not AI? #2
Hi there, I made an appointment to see one of my lecturers a few days back and said it was going to be about AI. When I got there, I aske dhim about Neural Nets and he told me that NNs are not considered a branch of AI. I didnt want to disagree but he did not explain why. Could someone please elaborate and explain why NNs are not considered a bramch of AI? Thanks Allan [ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ] [ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ] [ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ] Allan ...

Matlab neural network toolbox
Hello, Anyone out there have personal experience with the neural net module for Matlab? I'd appreciate hearing about your experience, since I'm considering the purchase of Matlab and the NN package. On 29 Jan 2004 10:06:38 -0800, cook_jim@yahoo.com (J Cook) wrote: >Hello, > >Anyone out there have personal experience with the neural net module >for Matlab? I'd appreciate hearing about your experience, since I'm >considering the purchase of Matlab and the NN package. I've just starting using it and was able to get up and running very quickly. There&#...

Neural nets using matlab
Hi, I am working on a set of 1000 data each having 12 input vectors, that is a matrix of [1000 x 12] and 1 output, the total matrix being [1000 x 1]. I am using 1 hidden layer. I am developing a matlab program (without using the toolbox)to get the output. I have a target output matrix of [1500 x 1]. I have backpropagated the errors and updated the weights. now I am planning to use the moentum term. I know the logic, but I am not sure about writing it in the matlab code. Can somebody help me? Thanks, S.M shonai mehta wrote: > Hi, > > I am working on a set of 1000 data each having 12 input vectors, You have a data set consisting of 1000 input vectors. Each has 12 components. Therefore, the input space is at most, 11 dimensional. Hope this helps. Greg P.S. Maybe someelse will help you with code. > is a matrix of [1000 x 12] and 1 output, the total matrix being [1000 > x 1]. I am using 1 hidden layer. I am developing a matlab program > (without using the toolbox)to get the output. I have a target output > matrix of [1500 x 1]. I have backpropagated the errors and updated > the weights. > now I am planning to use the moentum term. I know the logic, but I am > not sure about writing it in the matlab code. > > Can somebody help me? > > Thanks, > S.M ...

Where one neural net learns the weights for another neural net
You can try out the idea if you like, it's here: http://code.google.com/p/lemontree/downloads/list ...

matlab neural network toolbox #6
hello; matlab neural network toolbox has NN predictive controller (system model+controller)and model reference controller blocks(system model+controller) does any one know how can i use these bocks only as a system model block because i did not need for neural controller thanks ...

use of matlab neural network toolbox
Dear members, I am new to Neural networks, and would like to get advise form experienced users suggestions for my problem, Problem and data I am having a sensor which measures salt content of water in a hard water body and the sensor gives timeseries data of salt content. As time progress( after 3 months or so) the sensor is getting deposited with minerals and the measurement start drifting form the correct values( this could be nonlinear as it dippends on various factors). The target of me is to correct the drift to the normal values. I intent to use neural network fo...

Problems with TRAINBR in Neural Net Toolbox?
Hi All I am currently trying to train Elman nets using TRAINBR. Problem is that after the first epoch my sum of squared weights (SSW) goes to a very small number then just keeps getting smaller e.g. of the order of 10^-11. Because of this the network does not perform at all well. This effect is unpredictable as sometimes the net does train up and the SSW is reasonable. However, more often or not I get the extremely small SSW. The network sizes I am using are small, just one hidden layer with a varying number of neurons. I have tried larger and more varied architectures but the same prob...

Neural network toolbox
What is the relationship between the setting of net.outputConnect and the output of sim()? If net.outputConnect=[0 1 1] does that mean that the output of sim() should contain the output of two layers? It doesn't. Why? ...

matlab neural network toolbox #5
hello; matlab neural network toolbox has NN predictive controller (system model+controller)and model reference controller blocks(system model+controller) does any one know how can i use these bocks only as a system model block because i did not need for neural controller thanks ...

NN(Neural Network) Toolbox MATLAB
Hello all, I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I am undertaking a final year project which involves the use of MATLAB. In particular I need to use the NNToolbox. I am having great difficulty using it and would like some advice from more experienced users to help me. Ok here is a brief description of my assignment: 1.I have transcribed a list of names into phonetic format using the IPA(International Phonetic Alphabet). Each name is made up of phonetic symbols. In total there are 54. 2.Each symbol is numbered: the first as 0 and the last as 54, working like an index. 3...

How to check if Matlab and Neural Network Toolbox is installed
Hi, I will be generating a MSI-package that installs a project which requires that Matlab and the Neural Network Toolbox is installed. Anyone knows about the best way to check if these two products are installed; i.e. via registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall or existing of specific files? Thanks in advance Jens Try typing a = ver('nnet'); If a is empty, nnet tb isn't installed: otherwise a will hold the version info of the toolbox. Martti "Jens Olsen" <jens.olsen@ms-team.dk> wrote in message news:ef57cc3.-1@we...

ai ai ai
Hello , I work for a small transporting company, our clients send us pick-up adressess by fax and by e-mail. We give every pick up order a number, chronologically in the way we receive the orders. Than,we make a table in which we type every pick-up order. Afterwards, we give every driver a number of pick-ups. We also give the drivers a list with all the adressess. To make these lists, we make a query (which results in a report) for every driver. In the query we type in all the numbers (the pick up numbers) Everything works very well, BUT for example: we get 3 pick up orders : we give it numbers 1 , 2 , and 3 We want the driver to go to 1, than 3, and than 2 So I type in the query : 1 or 3 or 2 BUT it does not appear 1-3-2 it appears 1 - 2 - 3 !! But I want it to appear 1-3-2 , in that order! Is there a possibility to make it appear in this way?? Thank you very much for your help Philippe *** Sent via Devdex http://www.devdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Philippe Cremie <p.cremie@jcp.be> wrote in news:40dbe4f4$0$16428$c397aba@news.newsgroups.ws: > > > Hello , > > > I work for a small transporting company, our clients send us > pick-up adressess by fax and by e-mail. > > We give every pick up order a number, chronologically in the > way we receive the orders. > > Than,we make a table in which we type every pick-up order. ...

Newb & matlab & a neural net
Hi , I have been asked to design a neural network in matlab that takes vectors of handwritten digits as the training data. Then I have been given some testing data to see if the network works. The data is of the form 47,100, 27, 81, 57, 37, 26, 0, 0, 23, 56, 53,100, 90, 40, 98, 8 for the number 8 and I have over 7000 of these. I have absolutely no idea how to get matlab to do this as I have only just started using it any useful guides or links could really help as I am really stressing over it. Thanks in advance >no idea how to get matlab to do this as I have only just started using ...

Web resources about - Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes - comp.ai.neural-nets

Computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the formal concept of computation, see computation . For the magazine, see Computing (magazine) . For the scientific journal, see Computing ...

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

Apple Signs Deal To Use Google’s Cloud Computing
More and more businesses are moving their computing platform to the cloud. Cloud computing is the term given to accessing computer and database ...

Can we stop pretending the iPad represents the future of computing?
... post-PC era was upon us. Not to single out Cook, even Steve Jobs believed that tablets were going to one day eclipse PCs as the future of computing. ...

Skyport Raises $30M from GV and Cisco Investments to Ramp Delivery of Zero-Trust Secure Computing Infrastructure ...
Skyport Systems, the company redefining enterprise security architecture, today announced a $30 million round of funding, enabling the company ...

Breakthrough brings quantum computing a big step closer
Quantum computing is now within closer reach thanks to a major breakthrough in which scientists have demonstrated that a key building block can ...

Could a Fredkin gate be the next quantum leap forward for computing?
Building quantum computers is tricky business, with a range of obstacles to overcome, but scientists have had a recent breakthrough with a new ...

Quanta partners with Ericsson for cloud computing datacenter business
Quanta Computer has partnered with telecom equipment maker Ericsson to push the cloud computing datacenter market and the cooperation is expected ...

Eight Ways Solar Power Is Driving New-Gen Computing
As solar technology advances, it's becoming clear that solar is a vital part of the equation that will grow tech's future.

GPU computing breakthrough? Cloud rendering company claims to run CUDA on non-Nvidia GPUs
The cloud rendering company Otoy is claiming to have invented a new software translation layer that would allow Nvidia's CUDA to run on a variety ...