State of Art Text Categorization methods - computational costs

Hi,
 I'm doing some research on state of arts methods used in Text
Categorization, and I could easily get access to comparative results of
classification but *not* to the computational costs involved.. (or at
least, not for all methods).
I have googled for some days, but I am still not sure of the computational
costs (training / classification) of:
-Linear SVM
-RBFNN
-Bayes Net
-Naive Bayes

If someone could give me some informations (also simply pointing to some
significative urls) it would be much appreciated, cause in the articles
that I read I did not find all that I wanted.
Thanks a lot

--
bye
Alessio

Neural nets creating neural nets
Disclaimer: I know very little about neural nets. That said, from what I understand, the optimal parameters for a neural net vary from task to task: the number of nodes, layers, type of feedback, etc. I gather that it is largely up to the designer's sense of what would be appropriate for any given problem, and then some trial and error. Has anyone fooled around with having a neural net optimize a neural net? It would give a configuration as an output, the suggested net would then run on the original problem for a while, and its trained accuracy would be given as input to the meta-net. ...

Why are Neural Nets not AI?
Hi there, I made an appointment to see one of my lecturers a few days back and said it was going to be about AI. When I got there, I asked him about Neural Nets and he told me that NNs are not considered a branch of AI. I didnt want to disagree but he did not explain why. Could someone please elaborate and explain why NNs are not considered a bramch of AI? Thanks Allan "Allan Bruce" <abruce@TAKEAWAYcsd.abdn.ac.uk> wrote in message news:bg5k4f$kr5$1@news.abdn.ac.uk... > Hi there, > > I made an appointment to see one of my lecturers a few days back and said it &g...

integrate fuzzy with neural net (fuzzy in neural net)
I'm electrical engineering student..n i have to do fuzzy neural network for my final project..but,,i'm absolutely have no idea about it... so, is there anyone who can help me to shOw how to integrate fuzzy in neural network using matlab fuzzy n neural toolbox... oya,,i want to figure out that i use it for classifying needs....... thanks... ;) ...

Why are Neural Nets not AI? #2
Hi there, I made an appointment to see one of my lecturers a few days back and said it was going to be about AI. When I got there, I aske dhim about Neural Nets and he told me that NNs are not considered a branch of AI. I didnt want to disagree but he did not explain why. Could someone please elaborate and explain why NNs are not considered a bramch of AI? Thanks Allan [ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ] [ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ] [ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ] Allan ...

Where one neural net learns the weights for another neural net
You can try out the idea if you like, it's here: http://code.google.com/p/lemontree/downloads/list ...

Neural Nets with categorical data
Hi all, I am a 2007b Matlab user. I have a set of categorical data in form of 0 and 1.What type of Neural network can I use; Should I make any transformation to my initial data since they are clean; Thank you in advance Emmanouil Zoulias On Jul 16, 4:56=A0pm, "Manos " <ezoul...@in.gr> wrote: > Hi all, > > I am a 2007b Matlab user. I have a set of categorical data > in form of 0 and 1.What type of Neural network can I use; > Should I make any transformation to my initial data since > they are clean; You haven't given much information. Are both inputs an...

Where one neural net learns the weights for another neural net
I did think up this new system for OCT based neural nets where one neural net learns the weights for another neural net. This may provide an alternative to back propagation for such nets. Back propagation does not work too well with them. Anyway it is for you to evaluate the system I present. http://code.google.com/p/lemontree/downloads/list Sean O'Connor On 9-May-2009, Lemon Tree <bitterlemon40@yahoo.ie> wrote: > I did think up this new system for OCT based neural nets where one > neural net learns the weights for another neural net. Where does the other network get i...

Text-wrapping and mathematics
I'm interested in combining text-wrapping with mathematics. I'm looking for examples of books that have both a) substantial mathematical content b) text wrapping around figures For (b) I mean pages like this, where 'x' is text and 'i' is illustration. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx iiiiiiiiii xxxxxxxxx iiiiiiiiii xxxxxxxxx iiiiiiiiii xxxxxxxxx iiiiiiiiii xxxxxxxxx iiiiiiiiii I'm interested in knowing something of the 'state of the art...

State of the Art text-to-speech for Windows?
What's the best packages for text-to-speech for Windows? I've got TextAloud 2, but I'm having some trouble with it. The speech I get from it has an unnatural rhythm to it at times... Thanks! srp336@getcoactive.com schrieb: > What's the best packages for text-to-speech for Windows? I've got > TextAloud 2, but I'm having some trouble with it. The speech I get from > it has an unnatural rhythm to it at times... Try ATT Natural Voices http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/ They also offer an online demo. Try it! The best I heard so far. /dirk <srp336@getcoac...

ai ai ai
Hello , I work for a small transporting company, our clients send us pick-up adressess by fax and by e-mail. We give every pick up order a number, chronologically in the way we receive the orders. Than,we make a table in which we type every pick-up order. Afterwards, we give every driver a number of pick-ups. We also give the drivers a list with all the adressess. To make these lists, we make a query (which results in a report) for every driver. In the query we type in all the numbers (the pick up numbers) Everything works very well, BUT for example: we get...

teaching robot/ai/neural network martial arts
I have a question: How does one train a NN to proform martial arts; I need a breakdown/decomposition for a video game I am working on. All are invited to assist; the game is a Open Source project: http://onager.guild.net/~vrai Maybe the .mil can help :-) Ministry <metasynths@netscape.net> <vrai@onager.guild.net> <knaze@bvds.geneva.edu> ...

SVM For OCR, is it possible to use input methods similar to neural net ?
While it is possible to find some features that describe letters in the 2 dim space, I was looking to speed things up, by entering the letter as is. in its raw binary info (like neural net). So is it possible to train the SVM with a character (e.g one vector that contain binary letter information, with 1's and 0's) like in the neural net training ? Because all the demos, and all the articles I read deal with 2 dim info. Thanks. Eizo <odperry@gmail.com> wrote in message <a1291231-2de3-442d-aba4-7e9df869f326@r24g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>... > While it...

a very simple model of neural net in neural toolbox
hey people, i'm very new to 'neural toolbox' in matlab. i must learn something. i've got some data from 2 sets of experiments with some bio-mass tank. the task is to put datas into "pre" neural network to see if it can train or create something. i've got INPUTS of tank: -one vector of 40 elements [a b c ...] (it's volume of air needed in combustion process) -one vector of 1 element [x] (it's a weight in kilos of fuel=biomass) 'ive got OUTPUTS of tank: -two not-similar vectors of 40 elements [A B C...] (one is temperature o...

State of the art
Dear group members, I am new to neural networks and try to understand what the current best-performing techniques are. I did some experiments and noticed classic backpropagation to be totally insufficient for most but very simple problems. Looking for newer approaches, I found out that there are tons of papers with different proposals. Still, I have no idea which of them are important and efficient. Is there an overview of the current state- of-the-art? Thanks a lot Theo ...

State-of-the-art ?
Hi I am looking for information about the state-of-the-art of the OO Databases and OO Databases in the industry. Bye Marcus Check out GemStone at www.gemstone.com They have a number of persistence / object cache tools, for both Java and Smalltalk. We use GemStone/S. -- Bob Nemec Northwater Objects "Marcus Wellmann" <marcus.wellmann@t-online.de> wrote in message news:cp79o1$gvu$05$1@news.t-online.com... > Hi > I am looking for information about the state-of-the-art of the OO > Databases and OO Databases in the industry. > > Bye > ...

Web resources about - State of Art Text Categorization methods - computational costs - comp.ai.neural-nets

Wikipedia:Categorization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page documents an English Wikipedia editing guideline . It is a generally accepted standard that editors should attempt to follow, though ...

categorization « Above the Law: A Legal Web Site – News, Commentary, and Opinions on Law Firms, Lawyers ...
: This is the latest installment in a series from Bruce MacEwen and Janet Stanton of Adam Smith Esq. and JDMatch . “Across the Desk” takes a ...

Twizy Renault Sport F1 is a racy EV that defies categorization
Filed under: Concept Cars , Motorsports , Performance , Renault , Specialty , Electric It recently came out that Porsche mulled a return to ...

Chop-e electric 2-wheeler defies easy categorization
This battery-powered, fat-tired, low-slung ride is an odd breed that exemplifies the modern, global entrepreneurial spirit.

Footwear by Q Designs Transcends Categorization
One of the biggest barrier for designers getting their work to the public is the current state of large scale physical retail, which can inhibit ...

Munenori Kawasaki Resists Categorization - NotGraphs Baseball
I'm sure you are, by now, acquainted with the anti-statistical crowd who bemoan their inability to encompass the little things in baseball: running ...

The Walking Dead: Part Four defies categorization - Post Arcade - FP Tech Desk - Financial Post
The Walking Dead has finally entered the home stretch in what has become one of this year's very best video game stories.

Patent US6928433 - Automatic hierarchical categorization of music by metadata - Google Patents
A method, performed by software executing on the processor of a portable music playback device, that automatically files tracks according to ...

Muslim-American Demographics Reveal A Diverse Group That Rejects Categorization
The recently formed U.S. Council for Muslim Organizations is intended to represent and serve the American Muslim population, which numbers roughly ...