Weighing the advantages of fully connected networks

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

Does anybody know any sources that weigh out the advantages of fully
connected networks (every node connected to a node in the next layer -
f.i. possibility to use matrix forms, simplifying the learning
algorithm) vs. the disadvantages? (more complex networks and sometimes
slower learning)
Thanks,

--
gipsy boy
0

See related articles to this posting

comp.ai.neural-nets 5293 articles. 13 followers. Post

fully connected recurrent network- multi step prediction
Hi all, I have implemented a RTRL network for single step prediction with the feedback(unit gain). The hidden layer neuron is feedback to state neuron. And i/p samples are passed using i/p neurons. I would like to convert this architecture for multi step prediction. Can any one guide me,how to handle the state neurons? I am confused because as part of the hidden state would be used as i/p, so do I have to again feeback these states to state neuron? Thanks, sudha. "sudha" <sudha_raman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:efc17b9e.0310101859.b9a4c5d@posting.google.com... >...

Forcing a network connection to connect
I have a network connection set up that uses a serial port. If I go into Internet Explorer and access a web page or into Outlook, it will try to establish the dial-up or direct connection. What I am looking for is a programming way to cause the dial-up or direct connect without having to go into one of these programs. Essentially, I need to find out if the connection is up, and if not, cause it to try to connect. Any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeff. On Mar 2, 6:32=A0am, "Jeffrey Adler" <jeff.nospam.ad...@bigfoot.com&g...

Connection vanishing from the Network Connections folder!
Can any one help, I have a problem with my internet connection. After creating a connection for the internet in the Net work connections folder, all works well. Until I next start my computer. The connection I created has vanished from this folder although I am still able to connect to the internet and mail etc. The monitor icons in the systems tray are also absent making it impossible to disconnect. I have tried setting up another connection etc. But the same thing happens every time. Any ideas? Daniel. l ...

connecting and disconnecting a network connection via rexx
Is it possible to connect and disconnect a network connection via rexx. I have a VPN connection in my Network Connections window then I would like to be able to connect and disconnect via rexx. Here is the manual process: 1) open the Network Connections window 2) right click on the VPN connection 3) left click on connect if it is disconnected or right click on disconnect if it is connected I have been searching for a script (any language) that would show me how to do this, but I have not found one yet. The closest I have come is some WMI that will allow me to list the connections. It...

possible? ssh-connection as XP- network connection
Hello I'm using Win XP and SSH 3.2.0 to etablish a SSH2 connection to a server. Everything works fine. I wonder if there is an XP-tool that you can establish an network drive in XP which uses the ssh2 protocol. So that i can access the files on the server direct from any windows program using the open/save command. Please don't tell me that i need to make modifications on the server (install samba ect.). I just want to make modifications on my windows-client. I don't have administrator rights on the server. Thanks for any help, Bernd > I'm using Win XP and SSH...

NETWORK-SETUP Host network has active connections.
The OSFI servers were not working so I stopped them in the hopes of restarting them. NETWORK-SETUP STOP worked fine. But now NETWORK-SETUP START gives the following message: Host network has active connections. Now the only thing I can think of to solve the problem is to reboot! How do I clean this up without having to reboot? Try using :init-network from DM. ...

Network browser fails and crashes connecting to a large network
I hope someone can help. - I'm a graphic designer with a small shop, including a G5, a G4 rip, a G4 Powerbook (all running OS X 1.4), 2 PCs and 3 printers,- all running peacefully for quite a while. I'm in the process now of moving in with another company and I've just hooked into their large network. For some reason when I try to browse the network from the G5's network browser, the browser flashes for a second - then vanishes. If I click it again, it doesn't even show up. If I restart and check the network browser the same thing happens. The Powerbook sees the network fi...

Connection unavailable message on PC connected to home network
I have SBC/Yahoo DSL. At home I share the connection with three different PC's using a Netgear RP614v2 router. I have one Win2k machine, one Windows98 SE machine, and one Windows 95 machine. All is well except for one thing. Every time I reboot the Windows 98 PC, the first time I try to connect to a web site with IE I get an error message that says that no network connection is available. I am given the option to either work off line or retry. When I select "retry" it always connects the second time and all is well. I can close my browser, then re open it later and I can conne...

controlling network connectivity of LAN- and Internet-connected machines
Hello. We have a local net of XP machines. One of them is also on the internet, using a second ethernet card. How can I control things so that the machines on the local net don't try to connect to the internet via the one that is on the internet, and are not accesible from the internet? Thanks in advance for any help.. Jim ...

Solaris 9 network not connecting until i unplug and replug network cable
Hi, I'm running solaris 9 on an Ultra60 with a built in ethernet adapter and 3 PCI Sun GigaSwift Ethernet UTP Adapters. Each network card is on a different network. When I boot the system, I cannot communicate on one of the PCI cards until I unplug the ethernet cable, then plug it back in and wait about 5 seconds. Any idea what this might be? czepp25@gmail.com writes: > Each network card is on a different network. When I boot the system, I > cannot communicate on one of the PCI cards until I unplug the ethernet > cable, then plug it back in and wait about 5 seconds. Any idea w...

Use a virtual network connection to my solaris 7 in local network
Hello, I want use a virtual network connection for my sparc station 2. i think's of in a tty, but's i wan't make that by ethernet ! i see to realvnc, but it's not for sparc/solaris :( do you know a good soft for that ? the client as an x86 with windows XP. thank's Cl�ment "Cl�ment Saillant" <infograweb@free.fr> writes: > I want use a virtual network connection for my sparc station 2. > i think's of in a tty, but's i wan't make that by ethernet ! > i see to realvnc, but it's not for sparc/solaris :( > do you know a good soft ...

network connection
What would allow me to access my linux server home directory from my redhat workstation? A samba client? I can successfully 'ping servername' .....or can you direct me to a resource, manpage etc..which will help? Thanks, Steve "Steve" <sjwallacew@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eb6d00cc.0311041059.5fd2be85@posting.google.com... > What would allow me to access my linux server home directory from my > redhat workstation? A samba client? I can successfully 'ping > servername' > ....or can you direct me to a resource, manpage etc..which will help? &...

network connections
Hi all, I wonder if anybody can help me. I've been trying on and off for ages to get my Sagem F@st 800 USB ADSL modem to work under Suse 9.0. I've installed the drivers correctly, and the PPPoA stack according to Sagem's instructions [1] and all appears to have gone smoothly. Running if_config -a shows that both the modem (ADIModem) and ppp0 are installed. The output shows 'ADIModem' to have an IP address of 192.168.60.30. I can ping this address without any problems. The installation guide mentions that if I have an ethernet card (which I do), I should change the co...

Connecting to network
Why is it I can no longer connect to my G4 via Airport from my PowerBook G4? I keep getting the 'ftp File System Authentication' window instead of the 'connect to File Server' window when I double click on the G4 icon which shows up in the Network window. I'm running 10.3.8. I used to be able to connect without any problem. I can connect from the G4 to the PowerBook. I've probably done something stupid (doesn't take much!) but I can't find anything wrong with my network setup. I can connect via ethernet and printer sharing works wirelessly. Its driving me nut...

Network Connection
I'm new to linux so excuse me if this is a naive/trivial question. I have access to a cluster of four machines running linux. I would like to find out what the speed (theoretical?) of the connection between the machines is. Is there a command that will provide me with such information; like it might tell me that the machine has a network card with XXMbps or something or other (i don't know much about networks either :( ) Any help greatly appreciated! regards, Pat Patrick wrote: > I'm new to linux so excuse me if this is a naive/trivial question. > > I have access t...

connecting to a network...
pls, how do you connect to a network w/a mac.. I'm on 10.3.9, when go to network, don't seen our network drives (even though AM connected via ethernet (can get on the internet..) thank you.. Frances Frances wrote: > pls, how do you connect to a network w/a mac.. I'm on 10.3.9, when go > to network, don't seen our network drives (even though AM connected via > ethernet (can get on the internet..) > > thank you.. > Frances You need to give some more information. What kind of network? Is it Novell? if so, that is the reason, since you would need a copy of...

connecting to a network..
we're all on pc's here at work, but have a mac or two around for testing purposes... and find that with the mac I can't connect to our corporate network w/o having to log in first (like when connecting to VPN from home...) but very often even after logging in w/username/password it says "can't find <nameOfNetworkDrive>".. pls, what is the deal here.. why do I have to login w/username and password to connect to our corp network, why can't I connect the way you do w/pc's.. (no login except if you're connecting from home to VPN..) and why ...

Cannot connect to network...
Here is a chronic problem I have had ever since switching to OS-X three years ago. It has happened on all five machines I own, using several different networks. When I go to select GO -> NETWORK from the Finder menu, nothing happens. No window opens to indicate the requested function. Nothing at all. If I open a regular Finder window then select GO -> NETWORK, it shows me an "empty" network even though I know there are servers connected, either through Airport or Ethernet. If I click on an alias on my desktop that links to a folder on the (invisible) network, I get the beach...

network connection
I am running SuSE 10.1 on an IBM Think Center with a dual 3.7ghz processor using disks purchased online, no manual. I have a DSL modem to an internet provider that is plugged into the Ethernet slot and it works fine with Win XP which is on the same drive. Problem is with Linux, I can configure the card for DSL but there are no icons or other means of initiating a connection. It's like having wiring without any telephone device. Can someone help? Zeno On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:53:58 -0800 (PST), zeno wrote: > I am running SuSE 10.1 on an IBM Think Center with a dual 3.7ghz &g...

No Network Connectivity
On our office network we have a zonenet small office 24 port switch. Two of the computers could not get a DHCP address and a static ip address and related info would not work either. The two systems were running Win 2K/XP and were Dell Precision 4100's. The details follow: 1) The systems could not get a DHCP address to connect to the network. 2) With static IP information the systems were not able to access the network. 2) With the same network cable, port, etc. another system was able to get a DHCP address and access the network. 4) From a different known good cable, switch ...

Recover Informix JDBC connections in Tomcat after loss of Network Connectivity
Hi everyone. My application makes use of Informix, Oracle, SQL Server and My SQL. Of all these databases, whenever my web server loses connectivity with a database server, only the Informix connections do not recover. For all the other databases, restoring connectivity between the two servers will cause JDBC queries for Oracle, MySQL and MS SQL to resume as normal. Informix, however, gets a GenericJDBCException on any queries after the loss and recovery of network connectivity. The only way to get Informix connected again is to restart Tomcat. There has to be a way to make Inform...

Connecting two networks together by having two network cards in the same computer
Hi, I recently aquired two 100Mbs cards and I am trying to incorporate them in my existing network at home. My old network looks as follows: 10Mbs 10Mbs Mountainman ------------- Surfrat -------- Win XP Win 98SE | 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.2 | 255.255.255.0 255.255.255.0 | | |---------------------------------------------| | | 10Mbs |- Jukebox ---------------- J...

connect to network
I installed Fedora core 1 on my 1 year old Dell Dimension 8250's 2nd HD. I set it up to have static IP address of 192.168.1.5 on my home network. But I can not connect it to my network. From the network window, I have the default gateway of 192.168.1.1. I remember on the Solaris box, I need to create a file /etc/defaultrouter and put 192.168.1.1 in it. What is the equivalent of this on Fedora core 1. Second question, I created a 32G logical drive and format it as vfat file system to share files between linux and Windows. But when I logon, even as root, I don't have perm...

Network Connection
Why when I start my computer does it pick the wrong network driver despite my USB cable modem being already connected via the USB port. If once my PC has started I then uplug my modem, the PC then recognises it! I am using a USB cable modem 351000, yet my computer always selects an INtel PRO/100 VM Network connection that is disabled, when first booted up. Any help would be appreciated ...