Weighing the advantages of fully connected networks

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

Does anybody know any sources that weigh out the advantages of fully
connected networks (every node connected to a node in the next layer -
f.i. possibility to use matrix forms, simplifying the learning
algorithm) vs. the disadvantages? (more complex networks and sometimes
slower learning)
Thanks,

--
gipsy boy
0

See related articles to this posting
comp.ai.neural-nets 5248 articles. 13 followers. Post

fully connected recurrent network- multi step prediction
Hi all, I have implemented a RTRL network for single step prediction with the feedback(unit gain). The hidden layer neuron is feedback to state neuron. And i/p samples are passed using i/p neurons. I would like to convert this architecture for multi step prediction. Can any one guide me,how to handle the state neurons? I am confused because as part of the hidden state would be used as i/p, so do I have to again feeback these states to state neuron? Thanks, sudha. "sudha" <sudha_raman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:efc17b9e.0310101859.b9a4c5d@posting.google.com... >...

Forcing a network connection to connect
I have a network connection set up that uses a serial port. If I go into Internet Explorer and access a web page or into Outlook, it will try to establish the dial-up or direct connection. What I am looking for is a programming way to cause the dial-up or direct connect without having to go into one of these programs. Essentially, I need to find out if the connection is up, and if not, cause it to try to connect. Any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeff. On Mar 2, 6:32=A0am, "Jeffrey Adler" <jeff.nospam.ad...@bigfoot.com&g...

Connection vanishing from the Network Connections folder!
Can any one help, I have a problem with my internet connection. After creating a connection for the internet in the Net work connections folder, all works well. Until I next start my computer. The connection I created has vanished from this folder although I am still able to connect to the internet and mail etc. The monitor icons in the systems tray are also absent making it impossible to disconnect. I have tried setting up another connection etc. But the same thing happens every time. Any ideas? Daniel. l ...

connecting and disconnecting a network connection via rexx
Is it possible to connect and disconnect a network connection via rexx. I have a VPN connection in my Network Connections window then I would like to be able to connect and disconnect via rexx. Here is the manual process: 1) open the Network Connections window 2) right click on the VPN connection 3) left click on connect if it is disconnected or right click on disconnect if it is connected I have been searching for a script (any language) that would show me how to do this, but I have not found one yet. The closest I have come is some WMI that will allow me to list the connections. It...

possible? ssh-connection as XP- network connection
Hello I'm using Win XP and SSH 3.2.0 to etablish a SSH2 connection to a server. Everything works fine. I wonder if there is an XP-tool that you can establish an network drive in XP which uses the ssh2 protocol. So that i can access the files on the server direct from any windows program using the open/save command. Please don't tell me that i need to make modifications on the server (install samba ect.). I just want to make modifications on my windows-client. I don't have administrator rights on the server. Thanks for any help, Bernd > I'm using Win XP and SSH...

NETWORK-SETUP Host network has active connections.
The OSFI servers were not working so I stopped them in the hopes of restarting them. NETWORK-SETUP STOP worked fine. But now NETWORK-SETUP START gives the following message: Host network has active connections. Now the only thing I can think of to solve the problem is to reboot! How do I clean this up without having to reboot? Try using :init-network from DM. ...

Network browser fails and crashes connecting to a large network
I hope someone can help. - I'm a graphic designer with a small shop, including a G5, a G4 rip, a G4 Powerbook (all running OS X 1.4), 2 PCs and 3 printers,- all running peacefully for quite a while. I'm in the process now of moving in with another company and I've just hooked into their large network. For some reason when I try to browse the network from the G5's network browser, the browser flashes for a second - then vanishes. If I click it again, it doesn't even show up. If I restart and check the network browser the same thing happens. The Powerbook sees the network fi...

Connection unavailable message on PC connected to home network
I have SBC/Yahoo DSL. At home I share the connection with three different PC's using a Netgear RP614v2 router. I have one Win2k machine, one Windows98 SE machine, and one Windows 95 machine. All is well except for one thing. Every time I reboot the Windows 98 PC, the first time I try to connect to a web site with IE I get an error message that says that no network connection is available. I am given the option to either work off line or retry. When I select "retry" it always connects the second time and all is well. I can close my browser, then re open it later and I can conne...

controlling network connectivity of LAN- and Internet-connected machines
Hello. We have a local net of XP machines. One of them is also on the internet, using a second ethernet card. How can I control things so that the machines on the local net don't try to connect to the internet via the one that is on the internet, and are not accesible from the internet? Thanks in advance for any help.. Jim ...