Weighing the advantages of fully connected networks

Hi,

Does anybody know any sources that weigh out the advantages of fully
connected networks (every node connected to a node in the next layer -
f.i. possibility to use matrix forms, simplifying the learning
algorithm) vs. the disadvantages? (more complex networks and sometimes
slower learning)
Thanks,

--
gipsy boy
0

weighing variables for cluster analysis
Hello SAS Gurus: I am in the process of clustering few entities (stores) based on a number of variables (like area, sales, growth etc.). I am implementing Proc FASTCLUS for this purpose. We have a requirement that all variables are not of equal importance. Depending on the problem, we may need to give more importance to certain variables over others (say sales over other variables). Can you suggest any approach for this? Thanks very much for your help, Regi ...

BUG #1294: Random errors (failed connection)
The following bug has been logged online: Bug reference: 1294 Logged by: Stefanos Harhalakis Email address: v13@it.teithe.gr PostgreSQL version: 7.4.5 Operating system: IRIX 6.5.17 Description: Random errors (failed connection) Details: This bug is tested against pgsql 7.4.1 and 7.4.6 using openssl 0.9.7c and 0.9.7d. It took me about 6 hours and a lot of compiles and step-by-step tracing to figure it out. Every postgresql client that runs under IRIX 6.5 seems to fail to connect to remote clients either when using openssl or not...

channel 3: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused
I have done a lot of googling and have not been able to figure out what the above error message means. My specific situation is as follows: Case 1: ssh from linux box to linux box Screen1: Client> ssh Server -L 9546:127.0.0.1:9546 Screen2: Client> telnet 127.0.0.1 9546 Then on Screen1 (which is now ssh'd into the Server, I see the following message: channel 3: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused There is nothing actually running on port 9546 of the Server. I just use telnet as a means of sending packets ...

XP My Network Places does not find other computers
I have three computers on a LAN. On two of them My Network Places searches for shared resources on the network every time I open it. But on the third it doesn't, which might seem trivial but is surprisingly inconvenient. In fact there doesn't seem to be an easy way to populate it all. I have tried every setting I can find but to no avail. Anybody know the secret? Quentin Whitehouse Have you checked the obvious: same workgroup name for all computers different computer names for each use DHCP to allocate internal IP's on the LAN share at least one folder on each computer and reb...

ftp proxy connects to 0.0.0.0
Hello. I'm trying to forward requests to remote ftp-server with simple htaccess (located in /ftp/ dir): RewriteEngine on RewriteRule (.*)\.txt$ ftp://123.123.123.123 [P] But Apache (2.0.48) returns such error: Proxy Error The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server. The proxy server could not handle the request GET /ftp/1.txt. Reason: Could not connect to remote machine: (null) port 80 I've tested same htaccess with http forward and it just works fine. In error.log (debug mode) i'm getting such messages: proxy_ftp.c(824): proxy: FTP: se...

broadcast on network
hello is there any way to broadcast data on the internet ( to all the systems around the world ). ? if no, how do the architecture restricts such an attemp ? any help would be appreciated .. thanx. manish wrote: > hello > is there any way to broadcast data on the internet ( to all the systems > around the world ). ? > if no, how do the architecture restricts such an attemp ? > > any help would be appreciated .. > > thanx. No. There are multiple ways to restrict it. Firewalls, routers and software. On 30 Jan 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networkin...

Mobile phone java coding, connections
Hi I'm replacing my antiquated mobile phone for something newer soon. I want my new phone to have java so I can code for it and I want information on the delivery mechanism. I gather you get get java programs via wap sites but I would ideally like to compile a program and transfer it from my pc for free, so via a usb wire or similiar. Is this possible? I don't know much about the makes of phones and accesability either, are some phones easier to code for in terms of delivery? I need general info here, I can get info on cldc and midp myself but I know nothing about delivery mec...

Url of a fully loaded page
Hi, How can i know if a page from annother domain is completely loaded in an iframe, cause i must read it's url which is not the one i sent to a cgi script. It returns an encoded url with Hmac key i must read to create a temporary user account named as the key. I tried many things but all what i got is the address i sent first.:( Thanks in advance for your help. paratge said the following on 4/17/2007 9:09 AM: > Hi, > > How can i know if a page from annother domain is completely loaded You can't. It is a Cross Domain Security violation. -- Randy Chance Favors The Pre...

HP Pavilion zv5000 laptop can't connect to interrnet
Hi, I replaced the failed 30 gig hard drive in the laptop with a new 60 gig one I got from newegg. I installed xp home with the dvd that came with the laptop. I then installed the drivers that came with the driver dvd. All ok in device manager except for nic card. Went to hp web site and downloaded updated driver, and now the yellow exclamation point went away. I have a router, wifi, with bellsouth service. I use it on 2 pc's, and a compaq laptop. the pc's connect via cat 5, one is windows ME, and the other is XP Home. Both work fine. Laptop is wifi, and it works fine, too, with...

Siri Gives Apple a Two-Year Advantage Over Google
<http://mashable.com/2011/10/28/apple-google-smartphone-war/> ----- Could Siri, the voice-based virtual assistant for every iPhone 4S owner, constitute a threat to Google's Android operating system? Absolutely, says Gary Morgenthaler, a partner at Morgenthaler Ventures, recognized expert in artificial intelligence, and a Siri board member and investor. Apple, he argues, now has at least a two-year advantage over Google in the war for best smartphone platform. "What Siri has done is changed people's expectations about what's p...

Clipper / VO / Advantage Synchronization
I have a large Clipper app (1,000,000 records) using Advantage on Win2000. Several of the key files have an update date/time string, and are indexed on this string. All workstations are synchronized to the server time. Hourly, I have a VO app seek on the last date/time and using VO2ADO, I move the updates and new records to a SQL table. For each table, I save the last update time that has been processed, and this is used as the starting point for the next time. This works well - most of the time. However there are those times when I miss 10 - 20 records. Is there a way to...

VO 2.7 and Advantage 5.6
Has anybody got VO 2.7 to talk to Advantage Server 5.6? Having spent US$400 upgrading VO do I have to spend $1500 upgrading Advantage? Us New Zealanders have to sell a lot of sheep to buy those Yankee dollars. Chris Cheer Chris, Sorry, but the answer is YES :-(( If you want to use VO 2.7 with Advantage Database Server you have to upgrade Advantage Database Server to version 7.0 or greater. HTH, Marc Chris Cheer wrote: > Has anybody got VO 2.7 to talk to Advantage Server 5.6? > > Having spent US$400 upgrading VO do I have to spend $1500 upgrading > Advan...

Re: ORACLE connection error: ORA-12505: TNS:listener could not resolve SID given in connect descriptor.
Helen, Your Oracle database is down. Contact the Oracle DBA at your firm and make them aware of the problem. You may also want to get on the distribution list of for news regarding the database. It may be down because the DBA is performing routine maintenance. -----Original Message----- From: Helen [mailto:sunchunkui@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 8:59 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: ORACLE connection error: ORA-12505: TNS:listener could not resolve SID given in connect descriptor. Dear SAS-L, I am trying to open a sas view generated from oracle by proc sql and I ...

strange networking asymmetry
I have this ... annoyance, I suppose with two computers that are running WinXPPro. Let me call them 'snow' (an olderish AthlonTB1200) and 'ice' (an AthlonXP2k+). Both are connected to the internet through a D-Link router, I'm using static IP addresses, to/from the internet all is fine. Both can see each other in the network neighborhoods, ping each other, everything is working. Both have a shared drive (partition "E:" on each, explicitely created for shared stuff; "D:" is for local/private stuff and "C:" is for the OS alone so I can r...

ipfw-natd: connecting internal network to the Internet
all~ i have been working on getting my ipfw rules fixed so that my internal machines on the network can connect to the Internet. In doing so, I have my machines able to connect to the Internet, let say www.google.com and do search, which works as expected. When I click on a link, groups.google.com, I get a connection refused. I cannot determine by my ruleset what is preventing me from functionality. Here's my ipfw ruleset. Please let me know whether there is anything else that I can provide that will assist. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. If there is something I nee...

pg_dump: what is advantage with schema and data dumps?
Hi, I've seen in previous posts that recommended practice for database backup is to run the dump utility twice. Once for schema only and a second time for data only (I think). Up to know, I've only ever dumped both, and have never had a problem restoring into older/newer versions of postgres, nor with restoring into other commercial versions of postgres. This is a testament of the robustness of pg_dump! Of course, there are always a series of error messages at the start of each restore when duplicate/unknown template DB functions are recreated, but these have never preve...

JSP Connection
Hi, i�m trying to connect to a progress database using JdbcProgress class. i can connect within a java class but using the same code i receive an exception ClassNotFoundException. My JSP code is : <html> <body> <%@ page language="java" import="java.sql.*" import="java.io.*"%> <% try{ Class.forName("com.progress.sql.jdbc.JdbcProgres- sDriver"); String url = "jdbc:JdbcProgress:T:morfeo:inv_pru:inv"; ...

How ot test if an internet connection exists...
Does anybody know how to use javascript to test whether or not an internet connection exists? Is this possible even? I presume this page resides on an intranet or local network - in which case you could perhaps set a Body onLoad to redirect to a webpage, plus set a Javascript timeout running at the same time. If the internet connection exists it will redirect the browser to it, if it doesn't exist then the javascript timeout will redirect the user to a 'non internet connection' version of the pages? Not sure if thats even possible, but its an idea... A better way to be to...

Multiple Simultaneous Telnet Connections
Dear All, I am in need of a tool or script that allow me to schedule multiple simultaneous connections to a host machine. My applicaiton broadcasts/ push data over IP:Port and I need to stress test this application with 100's of connections from different machines. I tired to crat a batch file that starts multiple telnet connections but i could only start the sessions using batch file and cannot able to stop sessions. The scenario is to Connect about 100 clients to the host using telnet and then close each telnet session randomly/ sequentially/ all at once. Kindly suggest me on how to th...

Connection Problems
I have just upgraded from a Voyager 105 USB ADSL modem to a D-Link DSL-2640 Wireless G ADSL2+Modem Router and am now unable to get a connection from my Risc pc. I have a Risc os Adjust 4.39 fitted with a D-Link DFE-530TX 10/100 Adapter. I have Pinged from the Windows XP to the Risc machine and everything is fine. However when I ping from the Risc to the Windows I get the message "Host Is Down". My Network settings are as follows : AUN - Enable AUN "UNTICKED" HOSTS - 2 Windows XP's and the Risc machine all have 10.0.0.??? addresses and the Rout...

tg4msql Connection Problem
Good morning, Here is the message: SQL> connect sys/****** as sysdba Connected. SQL> Drop database link tg4msql; =========================== Database link dropped. SQL> Create database link tg4msql connect to "WCSGuest" 2 identified by "WCSGuestpwd" using 'tg4msql'; Database link created. SQL> select * from tblWCAircraft@tg4msql; select * from tblWCAircraft@tg4msql * ERROR at line 1: ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned this message: [Transparent gateway for MSSQL][Micr...

Advantage Ingres ABF
Does anyone know if ABF will be supported in the next release of Advantage Ingres? How long do you think CA will continue to support ABF? Thanks, Robin Hi Robin, Obviously I cant talk for CA, but I think I can assure you that support for ABF will continue for quite some time. Or let me put it this way, If they don't, I'm sure you'll be able to join the rampaging mob storming the Castle. I'll meet you there. I'll be the guy by the drawbridge selling the burning torches and pitchforks. Marty (Moat Monster) Bowes > > Does an...

48GII/49G+ and connecting to a Mac
Does anyone know if there is a software solution to connect a 4xG to a Mac running OS X? I would like to purchase one of the new calculators, but if I will be unable to connect it to my machine I see little poiunt in doing so. In <2104bf34.0310051230.2b4d0502@posting.google.com> Luke Petschauer wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a software solution to connect a 4xG to a > Mac running OS X? I would like to purchase one of the new calculators, > but if I will be unable to connect it to my machine I see little > poiunt in doing so. > The way I do it is by using a SD ca...

group membership needed for looking at network usage?
Does a user need to belong to a certain group to be allowed to start a program that shows network load (like knemo)? Some of my users can and some can't, don't know why not. In the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in article <1131185065.214684.54660@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, frwarner wrote: >Does a user need to belong to a certain group to be allowed to start a >program that shows network load (like knemo)? Depends on the permissions and ownership of the binary. Try ls -l /path/to/knemo >Some of my users can and some can't, don't know why...

Adaptive filtering techniques for weighing machines
Hi, I've started this project "Adaptive filtering techniques for Weighing machines" with big interest and curiousity.. and i've started learning probability theory.. and weiner filters... and trying to relate the project with these ideas.. Am i correct... or is there any other way.. Please give me suggestions.. Thanks and regards Shiva ...