Where one neural net learns the weights for another neural net

I did think up this new system for OCT based neural nets where one
neural net learns the weights for another neural net.  This may
provide an alternative to back propagation for such nets.  Back
propagation does not work too well with them.  Anyway it is for you to
evaluate the system I present.
http://code.google.com/p/lemontree/downloads/list

Sean O'Connor
0
Lemon
5/9/2009 10:20:48 AM
comp.ai.neural-nets 5773 articles. 2 followers. tomhoo (63) is leader. Post Follow

On  9-May-2009, Lemon Tree <bitterlemon40@yahoo.ie> wrote:

> I did think up this new system for OCT based neural nets where one
> neural net learns the weights for another neural net.

Where does the other network get its weights?

--
Phil Sherrod
(PhilSherrod 'at' comcast.net)
On May 9, 6:20=A0am, Lemon Tree <bitterlemo...@yahoo.ie> wrote:
> I did think up this new system for OCT based neural nets where one
> neural net learns the weights for another neural net. =A0This may
> provide an alternative to back propagation for such nets. =A0Back
> propagation does not work too well with them. =A0Anyway it is for you to
> evaluate the system I present.http://code.google.com/p/lemontree/download=
s/list

What type of files are each of the seven?
What does each one do?

Greg
0
Greg

Neural nets creating neural nets
Disclaimer: I know very little about neural nets. That said, from what I understand, the optimal parameters for a neural net vary from task to task: the number of nodes, layers, type of feedback, etc. I gather that it is largely up to the designer's sense of what would be appropriate for any given problem, and then some trial and error. Has anyone fooled around with having a neural net optimize a neural net? It would give a configuration as an output, the suggested net would then run on the original problem for a while, and its trained accuracy would be given as input to the meta-net. ...

integrate fuzzy with neural net (fuzzy in neural net)
I'm electrical engineering student..n i have to do fuzzy neural network for my final project..but,,i'm absolutely have no idea about it... so, is there anyone who can help me to shOw how to integrate fuzzy in neural network using matlab fuzzy n neural toolbox... oya,,i want to figure out that i use it for classifying needs....... thanks... ;) ...

Evolving Neural net- learning the weights
Hi I know my query is more on GA rather than ANN.I ve implemented an ANN for face recognition , and I want to evolve the ANN using GA to skip the gradient and come up with optimum values of weights. AS my input neurons are 15*20=300 nodes , with 2 hidden nodes I 'll have a chromosome of length near 600. I have used real vector representation to represent my chromosome. I have considered not to use any cross overs as they might destroy my feature detectors. with this chromosome length, I should have a inteligent mutation,What is the best mutation you might it it will help me if i implem...

neural net learning?
I thought the only way to train a ANN was partitioning your data set into train and test and to use something like back propagation to build the net. Something I read, and I don't have a citation, implies you can create maybe an object/fitness function like in a genetic programming system to see if the ANN ultimately succeeded or failed during a "run" (it was a video game). How do you train without using something like back propagation? Mike That's easy to do, but evolutionary algorithms are fairly slow. The big problem is that the net will learn very well on the g...

Why are Neural Nets not AI?
Hi there, I made an appointment to see one of my lecturers a few days back and said it was going to be about AI. When I got there, I asked him about Neural Nets and he told me that NNs are not considered a branch of AI. I didnt want to disagree but he did not explain why. Could someone please elaborate and explain why NNs are not considered a bramch of AI? Thanks Allan "Allan Bruce" <abruce@TAKEAWAYcsd.abdn.ac.uk> wrote in message news:bg5k4f$kr5$1@news.abdn.ac.uk... > Hi there, > > I made an appointment to see one of my lecturers a few days back and said it &g...

a very simple model of neural net in neural toolbox
hey people, i'm very new to 'neural toolbox' in matlab. i must learn something. i've got some data from 2 sets of experiments with some bio-mass tank. the task is to put datas into "pre" neural network to see if it can train or create something. i've got INPUTS of tank: -one vector of 40 elements [a b c ...] (it's volume of air needed in combustion process) -one vector of 1 element [x] (it's a weight in kilos of fuel=biomass) 'ive got OUTPUTS of tank: -two not-similar vectors of 40 elements [A B C...] (one is temperature o...

Neural nets
I havent found a lot of information on current happenings relating to implementation of neural networks on FPGA. What I am really looking for right now is a real world application which would actually exploit the reconfigurability aspect of the FPGA. One of those many fields holding interest were Density enhancement using FPGA. This is much based on work published by Bringham Young university, but since the hardware available would allow us to work a lot more in depth, and the reconfiguration time has gone down a lot, I am looking to see if the density of neurons can further be enhanced by p...

.net or not .net
Hi all I not read the group for a week ot two and i get back and suddenly there are lots of .net related messages posted. I have questions...... 1. Can someone please explain to me exactly what .net consists of and how it effects application developement. talk of .net has been around for a long time, firstlt linked with microsoft wanting application users to rent software over the internet and pay per use, but that was a long time ago. 2. Where can i learn about .net, i haven't got my head aroun COM and interaces, etc yet! Thanks all Vertuas Vertuas...

a very simple model of neural net in neural toolbox
hey people, i'm very new to 'neural toolbox' in matlab. i must learn something. i've got some data from 2 sets of experiments with some bio-mass tank. the task is to put datas into "pre" neural network to see if it can train or create something. i've got INPUTS of tank: -one vector of 40 elements [a b c ...] (it's volume of air needed in combustion process) -one vector of 1 element [x] (it's a weight in kilos of fuel=biomass) 'ive got OUTPUTS of tank: -two not-similar vectors of 40 elements [A B C...] (one is temperature o...

Neural Net
1 name: Derek Smart He he, does anyone remember his claims? He is insisting it is true. But can somebody explain to me shortly, what was the basis of his claims? Is is theoretically possible to incorporate NN into a game like this ? Maybe he thought that a game-engine IS a neural net. And i think he watched too much Matrix - i remember when he talked that the "wood,rocks...etc." have AI. Like in the movie,where the "Oracle" said that there are programs designed for the Sunset/sundown , wind and trees ... ;) ;) Anyway, any thoughts? Cheers, T. ...

neural net
I am trying to create a network. but i do not know how to set input waits and layer waits ! i tried by directly setting the IW and LW matrices but nothing worked for when i type disp(net) i cannot see the new weights is there a way to set the new waits On Aug 29, 2:04=A0pm, "lakshmi yeswanth" <lakshmiyeswa...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to create a network. but i do not know how to set =A0input wa= its and layer waits ! > i tried by directly setting the IW and LW matrices but nothing worked for= when i type > disp(net) i cannot see the new weights is ...

Mind transfer from one OCT neural net to another using random vectors
You can transfer the information stored in one OCT neural net to another using random vectors. I have put some code here: http://code.google.com/p/lemontree/downloads/list ...

Why are Neural Nets not AI? #2
Hi there, I made an appointment to see one of my lecturers a few days back and said it was going to be about AI. When I got there, I aske dhim about Neural Nets and he told me that NNs are not considered a branch of AI. I didnt want to disagree but he did not explain why. Could someone please elaborate and explain why NNs are not considered a bramch of AI? Thanks Allan [ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ] [ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ] [ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ] Allan ...

Web resources about - Where one neural net learns the weights for another neural net - comp.ai.neural-nets

Weight machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A weight machine is an exercise machine used for weight training that uses gravity as the primary source of resistance and a combination of simple ...

Premier Colin Barnett reveals secrets to his weight loss
'Over the years I've always been drawn by cartoonists as a little fat man and I'm looking forward to them now drawing me as a little skinny man'. ...

Mugen motivates rider to lose weight for million-dollar bike
Filed under: Green , Videos , Europe , UK , Motorcycle , Electric , Racing The 2016 Mugen Shinden is a GO, but John McGuinness will need to drop ...

Scammy Sellers Of AF Plus, Final Trim Weight-Loss Pills Made Millions From Bogus “Risk-Free” Trials
You may have heard radio ads for weight loss supplements named AF Plus and Final Trim, promising “24 hours of fat burning power” and “maximum ...

Fat Girls? Marines Hint At Increased Weight Standards For Bulking Women
'Being big, strong, having a certain body mass, gives you an advantage'

Why Cutting Out Alcohol To Lose Weight Usually Fails
Every January, millions of people decide that they’re finally going to lose weight. They Google the best diets, join a gym, and declare that ...

'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ashley Benson: 'I Get Told All the Time to Lose Weight'
'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ashley Benson: 'I Get Told All the Time to Lose Weight'

Why You Can't Exercise Your Way To Weight Loss
Yet another study busts the myth that exercise alone will lead to weight loss. Will people finally get the message?

University Issues Mandatory Fitbits to Track Students' Weight, Exercise Habits
Incoming freshmen at Oral Roberts University will be required to wear a Fitbit that will track their exercise habits, sleep, and weight, then ...

Kylie Jenner Weight Loss: Tyga Cheating Is Making Her Stressed Out - Hollywood Life
Oh no! Poor Kylie Jenner has gone on the heartbreak diet after the allegations that her seemingly on-again boyfriend Tyga keeps hooking up with ...