The Special Interest Group on AI (SIGAI) of Computer Society of India
(CSI) announces a *workshop* on "Emerging Research Trends in AI". The
workshop will be organised and hosted by CDAC Navi Mumbai, India and
is meant to encourage quality research in various aspects of AI, among
the Indian academia/industry. For details, refer the first call for
papers below, and visit http://sigai.cdacmumbai.in and
SIGAI Workshop on Emerging Research Trends in Artificial Intelligence
(ERTAI - 2010)
17th April, 2010, C-DAC, Navi Mumbai, India
Supported by Computer Society of India (CSI)
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has always been a research-rich field
with a number of challenging and practically significant problems
spanning many areas. These include language processing, multi-agent
systems, web mining, information retrieval, semantic web, e-learning,
optimization problems, pattern recognition, etc. AI, hence, can offer
a wide range of challenging problems matching the palate of every
academic or professional. However, most colleges and universities do
not have experienced AI researchers to work in these areas.
We also observe an increasing interest among the Indian academia to
pursue research, usually aimed at PhD. However, lack of guides with
rich research experience often makes it hard for new and aspiring
research scholars to identify relevant and useful research topics and
to get guidance on their approach and direction. A forum where those
pursuing research can exchange ideas and seek guidance, and those
seeking to get into research can get a feel of current research would
be valuable for both groups.
This is the backdrop driving SIGAI to organize a workshop of this
Proposed Structure of Workshop
It will be a one day programme consisting of,
* Invited talks covering current trends, specific challenges, etc.
in Artificial Intelligence
* Invited talks on mentoring research scholars on publication,
research methodology, etc.
* Presentations by those currently pursuing research in AI area.
We will have a panel of experienced researchers to evaluate and mentor
the research presentations.
Call For Papers
For the research presentations, we are now inviting brief research
papers of 5-6 pages, outlining the problem being addressed, approach
followed vis a vis existing approaches, current status / results, and
future plans. A subset will be short-listed for presentation, based on
a formal review process. Papers must have significant AI content to be
considered for presentation. Relevant topics include (but are not
State Space Search
Vision & Perception
Intelligent User Interfaces
Uncertainty in AI
Natural Language Processing
Planning & Scheduling
Target audience will be primarily:
* Faculty members pursuing research involving AI as the base or as
a tool for an application.
* Faculty members interested in pursuing research and exploring
areas / options.
* Research scholars working for a post graduate degree.
* Students seriously interested in research, specifically on AI.
* Last date for paper submission: 10th March, 2010
* Acceptance intimation: 25th March, 2010
* Camera ready copy due: 5th April, 2010
* Registration details announcement: 1st February, 2010
* Presentations must report original work carried out by the
* Presenters would be given a maximum of 30 minutes for their
* All participants must register for the workshop.
* Presentation may be submitted via: email@example.com This e-
enabled to view it
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (Formerly NCST)
Raintree Marg, Near Bharati Vidyapeeth, Sector 7, CBD Belapur
Opp. Kharghar Railway Station, Navi Mumbai 400 614, Maharashtra, INDIA
Fax: +91-22-27565004 (on request)
[ comp.ai is moderated ... your article may take a while to appear. ]