[OT] Looking for embedded (PIC) programmer in GTA (Toronto, ON)

Hi guys,
I'm Looking for an experienced embedded firmware C programmer to
develop real-time communication and instrumentation and control
firmware for a new boards. Familiarity with hardware debugging
techniques will be necessary, and ability to work from less than
perfect (and changing) documentation. Currently using high end PICs
and Ethernet communications. FPGA familiarity wouldn't hurt for future
use. Interesting startup type environment, work has to be done
on-site.

Please send me an e-mail or give me a call (cell 4*6-820-1248) if you
know someone good who might be interested. Thanks, sorry for the OT
post.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
speffSNIP (1047)
12/14/2007 2:47:46 PM
comp.arch.embedded 20047 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:47:46 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
<speffSNIP@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote:

>Hi guys,
>I'm Looking for an experienced embedded firmware C programmer to
>develop real-time communication and instrumentation and control
>firmware for a new boards. Familiarity with hardware debugging
>techniques will be necessary, and ability to work from less than
>perfect (and changing) documentation. Currently using high end PICs
>and Ethernet communications. FPGA familiarity wouldn't hurt for future
>use. Interesting startup type environment, work has to be done
>on-site.
>
>Please send me an e-mail or give me a call (cell 4*6-820-1248) if you
>know someone good who might be interested. Thanks, sorry for the OT
>post.
>
>Best regards,
>Spehro Pefhany

 :( Bummer I don't think I'd qualify...

C:
Just about forgot it all because nobody hired me to do any C work.

Real time communication:
Real time with PIC??...Gee how fast are those suckers going now?

Hardware Debugging
I usually swear at a project and beat it until it works.

Less than perfect documentation...
That should go well with my less than perfect...ahem...everything
else..

High end PIC's
I guess those have more than 32 instructions.

FPGA
Maybe I'll use one someday..

D from BC
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:43:42 -0800, D from BC
<myrealaddress@comic.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:47:46 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
><speffSNIP@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote:
>
>>Hi guys,
>>I'm Looking for an experienced embedded firmware C programmer to
>>develop real-time communication and instrumentation and control
>>firmware for a new boards. Familiarity with hardware debugging
>>techniques will be necessary, and ability to work from less than
>>perfect (and changing) documentation. Currently using high end PICs
>>and Ethernet communications. FPGA familiarity wouldn't hurt for future
>>use. Interesting startup type environment, work has to be done
>>on-site.
>>
>>Please send me an e-mail or give me a call (cell 4*6-820-1248) if you
>>know someone good who might be interested. Thanks, sorry for the OT
>>post.
>>
>>Best regards,
>>Spehro Pefhany
>

> :( Bummer I don't think I'd qualify...
>
>C:
>Just about forgot it all because nobody hired me to do any C work.
>
>Real time communication:
>Real time with PIC??...Gee how fast are those suckers going now?

Real time isn't all about speed.. more about determinism, but anyhow
30MIPS is common.

>Hardware Debugging
>I usually swear at a project and beat it until it works.

Did I mention the free Tim Hortons coffee? On the downside, the
successful candidate would have to work with me. ;-)

>Less than perfect documentation...
>That should go well with my less than perfect...ahem...everything
>else..
>
>High end PIC's
>I guess those have more than 32 instructions.

Yup. But the 32 or 35 or whatever is more of a specsmanship thing than
anything else.

>FPGA
>Maybe I'll use one someday..
>
>D from BC

IME, they're a bit like micros- a lot of fun unless you're running up
against the limits.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
speffSNIP (1047)
12/14/2007 9:23:45 PM
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:47:46 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
<speffSNIP@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote:

>Hi guys,
>I'm Looking for an experienced embedded firmware C programmer to
>develop real-time communication and instrumentation and control
>firmware for a new boards. Familiarity with hardware debugging
>techniques will be necessary, and ability to work from less than
>perfect (and changing) documentation. Currently using high end PICs
>and Ethernet communications. FPGA familiarity wouldn't hurt for future
>use. Interesting startup type environment, work has to be done
>on-site.
>
>Please send me an e-mail or give me a call (cell 4*6-820-1248) if you
>know someone good who might be interested. Thanks, sorry for the OT
>post.
>
>Best regards,
>Spehro Pefhany

Building an organization?

John

0
jjlarkin (641)
12/15/2007 4:58:20 AM
On Dec 14, 11:58 pm, John Larkin
<jjlar...@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

> >I'm Looking for an experienced embedded firmware C programmer to
>
> Building an organization?

Groundbreaking on the underground lair was announced weeks ago, did
you miss it?

I hope Spehro has, at the very least, an eyepatch, a motorized chair
and a bald cat.
0
zwsdotcom (2776)
12/15/2007 12:50:56 PM
On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 04:50:56 -0800 (PST), the renowned larwe
<zwsdotcom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Dec 14, 11:58 pm, John Larkin
><jjlar...@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
>
>> >I'm Looking for an experienced embedded firmware C programmer to
>>
>> Building an organization?

Adding a few vital elements to an existing (and very interesting, and
growing) company doing some state-of-the-art work.

>Groundbreaking on the underground lair was announced weeks ago, did
>you miss it?
>
>I hope Spehro has, at the very least, an eyepatch, a motorized chair
>and a bald cat.

LOL! In my dreams. ;-)

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
speffSNIP (1047)
12/16/2007 1:50:47 AM
On Dec 15, 8:50 pm, Spehro Pefhany <speffS...@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat>
wrote:

> Adding a few vital elements to an existing (and very interesting, and
> growing) company doing some state-of-the-art work.

Mmm, pity about the Canadian part of it. I'd have applied if it could
be remote. Oh well.

> >I hope Spehro has, at the very least, an eyepatch, a motorized chair
> >and a bald cat.
>
> LOL! In my dreams. ;-)

Nothing could be simpler.

Underground lair: <http://www.missilebases.com/> (some fully
reconditioned and ready for evil occupant).

Eye patch (3 pack, in case of bloodstains while dismembering
incompetent lackey): <http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UUGZUE?
smid=A2UILHLLDUMCAM&tag=nextag-hpc-20&linkCode=asn>

Recliner with 2 jet engines: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=DDzlmNf8cCk>

Bald (Sphynx) cat: Several available for adoption right now, but this
one seems to have the requisite evil tendencies already and will not
require substantial training - <http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/
displaypet.cgi?petid=9808120>
0
zwsdotcom (2776)

Web resources about - [OT] Looking for embedded (PIC) programmer in GTA (Toronto, ON) - comp.arch.embedded

Programmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A programmer , computer programmer , developer , coder , or software engineer is a person who writes computer software . The term computer programmer ...

Programmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A programmer , computer programmer , developer , coder , or software engineer is a person who writes computer software . The term computer programmer ...

Contract Analyst Programmer (JavaScript) 160212/AP/vtd

Managing Programmers
Programmers are not like the other kids. They cannot and should not be managed like normal people if your intent is to produce high quality software. ...

CudaText: a programmer’s editor that everyone can use
You need a Notepad replacement, but web searches only get you overcomplicated programmer's editors aimed at people who think in regular expressions ...

One of the world's most important programmers works from home in his bathrobe in complete silence
Linus Torvalds, the founder and maintainer of the incredibly popular free Linux operating system, spends his days working from home in a bathrobe ...

Biggest pay gap in America: Computer programmers
The tech industry's best jobs have a gender problem.

Female Programmers Make Only 72% Of Male Wages: What Are We Going To Do About It?
... Glassdoor survey of male and female wages is an interesting little point that the Wall Street Journal has picked up on. Among computer programmers ...

Reminder: The First Computer Programmer Was A Woman
... today. Ada also offered up other forward-thinking concepts in the article. For her work, Ada is often considered to be the first computer programmer. ...

Gender pay gap widest among computer programmers, study says
SAN FRANCISCO — For all the lip service the technology industry pays about valuing diversity and equality, it has struggled to close the gender ...