about bbs

could any body tell me a good bbs or forum about embedded system
software development?thanks.
comp.arch.embedded 20047 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"huxuelei630@gmail.com" wrote:

> could any body tell me a good bbs or forum about embedded system
> software development?thanks.

Try Usenet, on the comp.arch.embedded newsgroup.

   <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>
   Try the download section.

cbfalconer (19194)
12/4/2007 11:18:12 AM
CBFalconer wrote:
> "huxuelei630@gmail.com" wrote:
>> could any body tell me a good bbs or forum about embedded system
>> software development?thanks.
>
> Try Usenet, on the comp.arch.embedded newsgroup.

Bravo, Bravo!

ATARI BBS GATEWAY (links to all Atari BBS's on one BBS!)
FamilyNet International Newsgate A long time & stable Dallas BBS, The Prison Board, has offered to provide a "Favorites page" for the Atari BBS users. Other users (like Tcropper) and I provided an up to date BBS list of the active Atari sites out there, and Rueben (PB Sysop) created a place you can go to, bring up an Atari telnet menu, and go directly to that Atari BBS. icon_smile.gif (Recently a Commodore BBS list has been added too.) Ever been curious to see the online world of Atari computers? Come check out the Prison Board BBS: 972-329-0781 (this number good for people want to try out Atari modems, and dialup means.) 216.62.20.217 (This IP number is great for Lantronix users, and has not changed for a considerable time.) [IP Still accurate April 13, 2008] (also telnet://rdfig.net) Trying to dial in with a stock Atari 300/1200 baud modem? You poor soul! But this has been less painful with a new feature. When you log in and the BBS asks for your log in name type "*[First name] [last name] [password]" and you'll skip over the log in screens and get taken directly to the main menu. Never has the online Atari world been so easy to access from your Atari computer. Simply call up the above system, get to the main menu, X for the internet menu, and then A for the Atari menu. From there, it is simply a matter of hitting 1 through 9 for the Atari BBS's. Atari BBS's in many cases run on real Atari compute...

Embedding Python in an embedded system
Howdy. I'm looking at embedding python in a little embedded system. The device (a linksys wrt54g router, popular hack object since it runs linux), has limited resources. Just 4MB flash and 16MB memory. I'm interested in Python because I need to be more agile with developing an application for this platform. Currently I am using C++ but it takes just too much time to develop/debug code. Does anyone have experience doing something like this? S. Stefan Arentz wrote: > Howdy. > > I'm looking at embedding python in a little embedded system. The device > (a linksys wr...

ARCH
Hello, I'm trying to estimate a VAR model of two equations. - the portmanteau test shows that my residuals are cross correlated - one of my equation exihibit an ARCH pattern I cannot use the AUTOREG procedure as I have a system of equations to estimate. I cannot use the VARMAX procedure because it is not possible to impose an ARCH structure for one equation only. I guess I should opt for the proc MODEL. I think I can program it. The problem here is how to check that my model is the right one ? Do you know how to generated the diagnotic checks given by the Pro c VARMAX with the proc Mo...

[BBS ad] Landover Amiga BBS
Australia's oldest Amiga & Commodore 8 bit BBS has had a facelift. Our new web portal is now the front end to the BBS, featuring news snippets, access to our large filebase, entry to the telnet BBS & a new Forums area. Come & visit us at http://commodore.thebbs.org --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.520 / Virus Database: 318 - Release Date: 19/09/2003 ...

Borderline BBS
I just wanted to post a quick reminder that Borderline BBS is still alive and well. It continues to be the ONLY Commodore-run dial-up BBS *anywhere* and is running 24/7 on a real Commodore 64 breadbox computer with Color 64 v7.37 software. Borderline BBS operates at 300/1200/2400 baud, and features 40/80 column operation, ASCII/ANSI/PETSCII support, message bases, file transfers, and online games (Master's Empire 5.4, Stock Market, and Horse Racing!). So dust off your old modems and give Borderline BBS a call at (951) 242-3593. For international callers, the country code is 1. :) What about Lord Ronin's BBS in Astoria? IIRC: It should still be around - although I haven't dialed to it lately. "Andrew Wiskow" <wiskow@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ec71682b-78ce-4be8-9148-56210b923d39@a12g2000pro.googlegroups.com... >I just wanted to post a quick reminder that Borderline BBS is still > alive and well. It continues to be the ONLY Commodore-run dial-up BBS > *anywhere* and is running 24/7 on a real Commodore 64 breadbox > computer with Color 64 v7.37 software. > > Borderline BBS operates at 300/1200/2400 baud, and features 40/80 > column operation, ASCII/ANSI/PETSCII support, message bases, file > transfers, and online games (Master's Empire 5.4, Stock Market, and > Horse Racing!). > > So dust off your old modems and give Borderline BBS a call at (951) > 242-3593. For international callers, the countr...

loli, loli bbs, bbs loli
http://kellykreations.com/loli-galleries.html http://kellykreations.com/loli-board.html http://kellykreations.com/loli-gallery-samples.html http://kellykreations.com/young-loli-bbs.html http://kellykreations.com/loli-hentai.html ...

Cottonwood BBS & Borderline BBS
As of today, 10 January 2010, both Cottonwood and Borderline BBSs are back up and running. Thank you everyone for your support while I was away, and I hope you'll all continue to give your support by calling my boards. :) Call Borderline BBS at +1 (951)242-3593. "Call" Cottonwood BBS at cottonwood.servebbs.com:6400. Old Tech... Still alive and well in 2010! On Jan 10, 7:12=A0pm, Andrew Wiskow <wis...@gmail.com> wrote: > As of today, 10 January 2010, both Cottonwood and Borderline BBSs are > back up and running. =A0Thank you everyone for your support...

embeded
Has anybody experience to develop embeded application in Oberon? Or may be place links here please. > Has anybody experience to develop embeded application in Oberon? > Or may be place links here please. www.xo2.org, there are some nice little robots here and there running with this embedded version of oberon. Kind regards Sjur J. Vestli ...

Distiller 6 fonts embedded or subset embedded
I have a problem with fonts in Acrobat. It works just fine but one thing is "bugging" me. If a customer sent me a PDF and the proofs come back to me with just a little typo-change, I cant change it. I tried with Pitstop and Acrobats own tools for this. (touch-up). Everytime (except for Arial and more common types) Acrobat says that the font can not be changed, unless I put the font in question in my system. It doesnt matter if I choose to distill with all of the fonts and uncheck the subset-option. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way around this? Its really embarresing to ask the customer to make a new PDF and send it to me. Is this a licens-issue for fonts or what? -- /GE "G�ran E" <no_f_spam_grymme@comhem.se> wrote: >Everytime (except for Arial and more common types) Acrobat says that the >font can not be changed, unless I put the font in question in my system. .. >What am I doing wrong? Nothing is wrong. This is Acrobat making sure you have an installed font before you can edit text. Font vendors (apparently) have made a fuss because Acrobat was not properly checking this, so it has been tightened. You need to purchase your own copy of fonts for any text you want to edit - this has always been the case, apparently. ---------------------------------------- Aandi Inston quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don't e-mail them. "Aandi Inston" <quite@di...

embedding?
I've written some simulators in C that use Tcl and custom commands as an embedded debugger language. Tcl works OK, but I don't like the language very well. It's simple, but not very elegant Ruby looks like a much better language. Is there any documentation or example code showing embedding Ruby in a C program? A Google search turns up some C++ stuff, but it didn't seem very helpful. Is it possible to create multiple independent Ruby interpreter contexts? Thanks, Eric [If you want to reply by private email, please remove the obvious spam-proofing from my email address.] ...

is Embedded Matlab (Embedded C) dependent on MCR
Hi, I was reading about Embedded C and the features that it provides. However, I am wondering, will the C code generated still be dependent on Matlab software to run? i.e Could I use the C code generated and run it on a different machine that does not have Matlab installed? Thanks. "S " <ppk664@my.utsa.edu> wrote in message <i51d41$r$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > I was reading about Embedded C and the features that it provides. However, I am wondering, will the C code generated still be dependent on Matlab software to run? i.e Could I use the C code generated and run it on a different machine that does not have Matlab installed? > > Thanks. Hi, No, the generated C code is not dependent on MATLAB. In fact, a major purpose of embedded MATLAB support along with the Real-Time Workshop is to allow you to generate stand-alone C code that can be deployed on your embedded systems. Wayne Hi Wayne, Thanks for the reply. Is this mentioned somewhere on the mathworks website for me to refer to? Also, do you know if this is the only method that a Matlab code can run independently without the Matlab software or MCR? I searched over the forum for information related to having a standalone application without dependence on Matlab/MCR but this was the only suggestion/option. I am not sure if Embedded C will work for Desktop/Web Deployment but I am analyzing the options. Regards. "Wayne King" <wmkingty@gmail.com&...

the BBS
Is this URL still on line? I can't reach it. http://ti994a.thebbs.org/Catalog.asp Guillaume. ...

Embedding
Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble trying to script my application using Python. I have created classes that I can use in C++ and I have created Python objects from those classes using SWIG and they're working just perfectly. However, I have no idea on how I can actually pass these back and forth when I call my scripts from C++. Ideas anybody? Please... ...

Embedded
Suppose you have requirements for a basic embedded system such as a few digital I/O, analog I/O, RSxxx communication links, alphanumeric LCD, etc. The usual way is to select a microcontroller with the required I/O and based on the complexity some amount of RAM and ROM. You often choose a microcontroller from a family you are familiar with. You then select an OS or no OS, depending on the requirements. If you decide to write the code in Ada, how do you know there will be a compiler that will target the microcontroller? Do you have to ask every vendor or is there a list of supported CPU for each compiler? How will the choice of Ada affect the amount of RAM and ROM needed? Regards Lanarcam wrote: > The usual way is to select a microcontroller with the required > I/O and based on the complexity some amount of RAM and ROM. > > You often choose a microcontroller from a family you are > familiar with. You then select an OS or no OS, depending > on the requirements. That's the usual way, but that's not necessarily a good way. A better way is to choose a suitable language, then choose the hardware to suit the language choice. Since Ada's about the only thing around that was designed for embedded systems, an unbiased selection of a suitable language will usually choose Ada. However, even if you do it the other way around, there's at least one compiler that produces ANSI C as its intermediate language, so you can always choose Ada. -- ...

UK Embedded Masterclass
Hi, just a quick note to let you know that we are running another Embedded Masterclass - it is in London and but to be repeated in Bristol (8th and 13th May). For those of you that have never attended, its a non- sales forum to learn about the latest and greatest stuff. This year will include presentations on 'realtime' linux, farming dsp's in high end systems, software timing analysis, time triggered design... the presentation ate technical.. so no sales pitch. There are over 20 vendor engineers with tabletops for demo's and discussions. Also - there is an Embedde...

RTOS/Embeded Linux / Driver Embedded Senior Engineer
RTOS/Embeded Linux / Driver Embedded Senior Engineer Job Category: Engineering - Embedded City: Richardson, Texas Job Description: The strong Embedded SWE will be a member of the embeded software team. Essential skills: Embedded C Programming Structured software development Interrupts, multithreading, state machines Working with legacy code Familiarity with the following is desired: ROT/Embeded Linux MIPS and ARM Real-time operating systems VOIP, TCP and Kernal software development Qualifications: BSEE/CS or equivalent and 10+ years of experience in system software des...

Embedded SQL calling another Embedded SQL program
Anyone deal with a full SQLRPG Video program calling another SQLRPG Video program without losing the cursor pointers in the first program? Program A is a standalone SQLRPG program which simply displays a subfile. Program A requires a call to another video program (Program B) and Program B in turn is normally a standalone program as well. Program A and Program B both have standard CONNECT RESET and DISCONNECT clauses. When program A calls program B, and then I return back to Program A, it will not scroll down and load additional records. The job logs indicate obviously that the database is not connected and/or the cursor is not open. I know why it's doing it but not necessarily know how to fix it. By calling program B, the database connection and cursor is closed in A and I doing a subfile reload is not really an option because users can change values in the subfile which a reload would wipe out. If someone can point me in the right direction and/or post a link to some type of article, it would really help! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Eddie Eddie Gomez wrote: > Anyone deal with a full SQLRPG Video program calling another SQLRPG Video > program without losing the cursor pointers in the first program? > > Program A is a standalone SQLRPG program which simply displays a subfile. > Program A requires a call to another video program (Program B) and Program B > in turn is normally a standalone program as well. > > Progr...

Making a LAB of Embedded System on Embedded java in Linux Platform
Hello guys, I do have task of making a LAB of Embedded System on Embedded java in Linux Platform. I have searched the different tools for Embedded Linux (ETLinux, LEM, LOAF, uClinux, uLinux, ThinLinux etc) and Embedded Java (Eclipse, JEdit & plugins, JEdit & plugins etc). As I am new in using Embedded System on Java in Linux Platform, so I have to know the latest tools for Linux and Java for making an ideal Embedded system. I apologize if anything wrong statement has been written. I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Biswajit Das ...

Overview of real-time embedded systems for non-embedded developers
Any links to overview/principles of real-time embedded systems for *non-embedded developers*? Ethernet, RS232 and other, Modems, Cards, Ports (Serial, Parallel, etc). Thanks in advance, -- Alex Vinokur email: alex DOT vinokur AT gmail DOT com http://mathforum.org/library/view/10978.html http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn Alex Vinokur wrote: > Any links to overview/principles of real-time embedded systems for > *non-embedded developers*? > > Ethernet, RS232 and other, Modems, Cards, Ports (Serial, Parallel, > etc). > > Thanks in advance, > >...

[ANN] embedded IPsec project
Hello, "embedded IPsec" is a basic IPsec implementation for low-end embedded systems. The current version has been tested on a 16bit Infineon C167 microcontroller with the lwIP TCP/IP stack. The unoptimized version requires about 160kB ROM and 16kB RAM, is written in ANSI C and has the following features: * Tunnel-mode * AH with HMAC-MD5 and HMAC-SHA1 * ESP with 3DES, 3DES HMAC-MD5 and 3DES HMAC-SHA1 * Dynamic Security Policy management * Dynamic Security Association management * Anti-replay protection * Manual keying * Open Source, comes with lib...

[News] Broader Embedded Linux Support, CherryPal Uses Embedded Linux

How do you interpret single quote embedded in double quote embedded in single quote?

[ace-users] Double precision values corrupted when sent from x86 arch to Arm Arch
--_000_4E5FB28957328741A7353545DBC197FA04F7982AGLDMS85003goldl_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ACE VERSION: 5.4a_p4 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: CentOS release 6.4 Host Machine talking to an Arm Cortex A8 running= armv7l TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Arm Cortex A8 running armv7l Compiler: arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++ (Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q3-67 4= ..4.1 THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual C++)]: AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: When a double precision value is sent from an application o= n an x86 Linux system to an application running on an ARM processor through= ACE/TAO CORBA ORB the double precision value is corrupted. DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: The Problem affects data while in execution. SYNOPSIS: When a double precision value is sent from an application o= n an x86 Linux system to an application running on an ARM processor through= ACE/TAO CORBA ORB the double precision value is corrupted. DESCR...

[News] Arch Linux Magazine is Born, New Arch Linux Distribution for Sub-notebooks

Web resources about - about bbs - comp.arch.embedded

Videos show terror suspect 'neutralized' by police in Brussels
Residents in the Brussels neighborhood of Schaerbeek reported hearing gunshots and at least three explosions on Friday afternoon, amid reports ...

Here Are the Cheapest Ways to Buy an iPhone SE
Apple’s latest press conference heralded the return of the 4″ premium phone. Bucking rumors, the iPhone SE is an iPhone 6s in a much smaller ...

Late night hosts, Jeffrey Tambor pay tribute to Garry Shandling
Moments after news of Garry Shandling's death broke Thursday, celebrities from across the entertainment industry began posting memories of and ...

Google is reportedly building a new live streaming app called YouTube Connect
This story was delivered to BI Intelligence " Digital Media Industry Insider " subscribers. To learn more and subscribe, please click here . ...

‘Batman v Superman’ KOs ‘Avengers’, ‘Ultron’, ‘Dark Knight’ & ‘Iron Man 3’ With $27.7M Thursday Preview ...
Whatever war of words Warner Bros .’ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice lost with critics with a 30% Rotten Tomatoes score, it’s making up for ...

News: Daily Deal: ‘Charge’ iPhone Case w/ Lightning Cable
Today in iLounge Deals we’re offering the ‘Charge’ iPhone Case w/ Lightning Cable for only $15.99 — 67% off the regular price. This iPhone case ...

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau & Alison Brie Kiss in Apple TV Commercial
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Alison Brie star together in a funny new commercial for Apple TV ! The one-minute spot debuted on television on Thursday ...

Meanwhile in Japan, Microsoft's A.I. Chatbot Has Become an Otaku
This was bound to happen. So were the questions about Hitler. Read more...

Ole Miss Student Pleads Guilty To Putting A Noose Around Civil Rights Statue
A former University of Mississippi student could face up to a year in prison after pleading guilty to desecrating a civil rights statue. Austin ...

Build your own Amazon Echo using a Raspberry Pi for $60
Amazon’s Echo is a nifty little gadget that’s powered by the company’s Alexa voice assistant and listens for voice commands to do things like ...