board architecture

I am trying to design a board including these features :
- 2 Fast Ethernet ports
- 2 Giga Ethernet ports
- 1 serial port
- PowerQuiCC 8260 as main cpu
- alim included
- Compact PCI or PCI bus

Performances are not critical

I am a newbie to electronics

Can somebody provide help?

Thanks

comp.arch.embedded 20047 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Amadou TOUNKARA wrote:

> I am trying to design a board including these features :
> - 2 Fast Ethernet ports
> - 2 Giga Ethernet ports
> - 1 serial port
> - PowerQuiCC 8260 as main cpu
> - alim included
> - Compact PCI or PCI bus
>
> Performances are not critical
>
> I am a newbie to electronics

If you are a newbie to electronics then you should not be doing this.

Ian

0
ian6393 (145)
11/14/2003 11:03:02 PM
When i say newbie this does not mean that i don't know nothing about it
I've already realized fpga based boards and some stuff related to HF
emission/reception,
logic analyser, PIC, ... etc.

But for this kind of board i think that it's more complicated

"Ian Bell" <ian@ruffrecordsDOTworldonline.co.uk> a �crit dans le message
news: 3fb55ec5_2@mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com...

"Amadou TOUNKARA" <tounkara.amadou@nomade.fr> writes:

>When i say newbie this does not mean that i don't know nothing about it
>I've already realized fpga based boards and some stuff related to HF
>emission/reception,
>logic analyser, PIC, ... etc.

This  is  probably  not  sufficient  experience  for  the  level   of
complexity you will see with a MPC82xx system.

>But for this kind of board i think that it's more complicated

Right. Well, you can reduce the complexity a lot when you decide  not
to  design the complete system. For example, instead of designing and
manufacturing  all  the  complicated  and  sensible  parts  (MPC82xx,
clocks,  power, memory, ...) you could probably use a module which is
already includes all the critical  stuff  and  where  you  know  it's
working.  In  this  case  all you need to do is to design and build a
custom carrier board for the module.

For an example, please check http://www.denx.de ==> Hardware

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88   Web: www.denx.de
Were there fewer fools, knaves would starve.              - Anonymous
0
wd (51)
11/15/2003 9:49:25 PM
Amadou TOUNKARA <tounkara.amadou@nomade.fr> wrote:

> - 2 Giga Ethernet ports
[...]
> Performances are not critical

I strongly suspect you have a contradiction of goals here.  You cannot
seriously be needing 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports, yet not be
performance-critical.  If performance is not critical, you don't need
gigabit ethernet.  And definitely not two of such, plus another two
100 MBit ports.

To put this into perspective, consider that a single gigabit Ethernet
port already has slightly more bandwidth than a normal (32-bit, 33MHz)
PCI bus shares among all connected devices.

Even a rather modern desktop PC isn't capable of saturating a single
Gigabit link, let alone two of them.  This is independent of the CPU
you invest.  The only way to do it is to have a _very_ recent
motherboard that has the gigabit MAC connected directly to the
northbridge rather than to some PCI port, or a server mainboard that
supports higher-bandwidth PCI busses (64-bit, 66MHz), or offers other
methods of connecting network hardware.

broeker (2903)
11/17/2003 2:33:38 PM
> I strongly suspect you have a contradiction of goals here.

I strongly suspect a troll here.
Next time, we'll see a "newbie in nuclear physics" willing to build
a nuclear power plant.

Maybe I'm just too paranoid. Who knows.

Embedded board
Hi! I hope this is the right NG where to post my question. We're looking for an embedded board with this features: + three or more RS232 port + support for C language + some digital and analog I/O + there is no need of a large amount of RAM nor high CPU frequency I know we can realize that with a simple microcontroller but a compact and commercial unit is more suitable for our application. If you need further details, please tell me! Thanks, Marco / iw2nzm > We're looking for an embedded board with this features: > > + three or more RS232 port > + support for C language > + some digital and analog I/O > + there is no need of a large amount of RAM nor high CPU frequency I forgot to mention we need a standard PS2 keyboard. marcotrapanese@gmail.com wrote: > I forgot to mention we need a standard PS2 keyboard. You also forgot to mention: * Power requirements * Form factor * MIPS * 'Some' = 4? 8? 40? * Analog=? * 'Large' = 256K? 1MB? 4GB? There are hundreds of boards that meet the specs you have given... I can think of applications that match your criteria that could be satisfied with a small 8-bit micro, others that would push an x86... Regards, -- Mark McDougall, Engineer Virtual Logic Pty Ltd, <http://www.vl.com.au> 21-25 King St, Rockdale, 2216 Ph: +612-9599-3255 Fax: +612-9599-3266 Mark McDougall ha scritto: > You also forgot to mention: Sorry, you're right. > * Power requirements Not critic...

Best embedded board
Hi, We need a good embedded CPU board for our next project. It must be equipped with a relative fast processor, lots of RAM, Ethernet (TCP/IP), optionally WiFi, Flash-card interface, at least 3 RS232/RS485 ports, some digital I/O, low power and last be not least low cost. The CPU board will be installed on our custom motherboard, where some of our custom hardware will be located. It must be able to run linux or Windows CE We have found the CM-X270 from http://compulab.co.il to be a good candidate - but is that the best? Are there others you would recommend? /S > We need a good embedded CPU board for our next project. > > It must be equipped with a relative fast processor, lots of RAM, > Ethernet (TCP/IP), optionally WiFi, Flash-card interface, at least 3 > RS232/RS485 ports, some digital I/O, low power and last be not least low > cost. > > The CPU board will be installed on our custom motherboard, where some of > our custom hardware will be located. > > It must be able to run linux or Windows CE > > We have found the CM-X270 from http://compulab.co.il to be a good > candidate - but is that the best? Are there others you would recommend? I have used the Viper board from Arcom (now Eurotech in Europe). This meets your technical requirements, I'm not sure where you are or what the cost would be (I bought the development kit which will always be more). I have found that their technical support is very good. ...

Reliable of an embedded board
Hi, I m wondering how to evaluate an embedded board is reliable to be used for linux or freebsd? Thanks Sam Sam wrote: > Hi, > > I m wondering how to evaluate an embedded board is reliable to be used > for linux or freebsd? > > Thanks > Sam What does 'reliable' mean for you?. Temperature range, power consumption, what else? You should know what your requirements are. Use it for the evaluation process. Heinz +=================================================================== Merokok dapat menyebabkan kanker, serangan jantung, impotensi dan gangguan kehamilan dan janin. Heinz-J�rgen Oertel wrote: > Sam wrote: > > >>Hi, >> >>I m wondering how to evaluate an embedded board is reliable to be used >>for linux or freebsd? >> >>Thanks >>Sam > > > What does 'reliable' mean for you?. Temperature range, power consumption, > what else? You should know what your requirements are. Use it for the > evaluation process. > You should also ask the other way around (o; Which OS is more reliable for your application? In my field I've seen more Linux kernel crash than hardware (o; And for FreeBSD..there are not much choices since FreeBSD will soon drop all 32-bit CPU support and is aimed at server systems. You might want to checkout NetBSD instead. rick Jedi wrote: > And for FreeBSD..there are not much choices since FreeBSD > will soon drop all 32-bit CPU sup...

Embedded linux boards
Hi guys, I work in a private indian University as part-time Faculty. I handle Linux programming and Device drivers. I have been assigned a task to start a new embedded linux training programme. I have browsed through linuxdevices.com and other web sites to collect information about SBC's. I am confused about what hardware to pick up . I want to demonstrate the development process of an embedded linux system which would cover the following BSP Boot image creation RTOS porting on target Demonstration Mini project Basics of Embedded applications Pl help me thanx in advance Bye In article <1e53117.0504040504.782f657d@posting.google.com>, rag.b123@gmail.com (steve) writes: > I am confused about what hardware to pick up . I want to demonstrate > the development process of an embedded linux system which would cover > the following > > BSP Linux doesn't really have a clearly drawn BSP interface, so it is hard to define this part of the development process. > Boot image creation > RTOS porting on target > Demonstration > Mini project > Basics of Embedded applications Except for the BSP part, any old PC (even obsolete) can be used to demonstrate these things: From a software point of view, "embedded" x86 boards are not very different from an old PC with a small harddisk (or no harddisk at all), though by sight they do look quite different.... How...

GUI for my embedded board
Hi Everybody I have ported uCLinux on an embedded board and want to provide it a GUI layer. Actually my board is consist of an ARM processor and other peripherals and a touch screen display. Actually this is a small embedded board which I have made . I want to display various gui widgets like buttons , scrollbars etc . I want to use QT for this purpose. But I don't know how to proceed , how I can make the QT GUI layer to interact with kernel So , can you tell me how can I make it to talk to the uClinux kernel, I mean how can I interface it to the kernel. Th...

how to chose the best embedded board?
Hi I'm looking for a so-called embedded board to use in vehicle(bus. I'm confused about bunch of keywords: SBC, Car PC, embedded motherboard, computer on module ,.... which keyword should i use and how can i find the best manufacturer of these boards? Best I suggest u that keyword, "sbc". I'm working for it, that's great. about : http://www.armkits.com/product/sbc6000x.asp On Aug 10, 8:41=A0am, "EmbeddedLotus" <n.gho...@processingworld.com> wrote: > Hi > > I'm looking for a so-called embedded board to use in vehicle(bus. > I'm confused about bunch of keywords: SBC, Car PC, embedded motherboard, > computer on module ,.... > which keyword should i use and how can i find the best manufacturer of > these boards? > > Best On Aug 9, 7:41=A0pm, "EmbeddedLotus" <n.gho...@processingworld.com> wrote: > Hi > > I'm looking for a so-called embedded board to use in vehicle(bus. > I'm confused about bunch of keywords: SBC, Car PC, embedded motherboard, > computer on module ,.... > which keyword should i use and how can i find the best manufacturer of > these boards? > > Best embedded PC or embedded computer are OK, you might try M2M, or strings containing 'low power' , 'small form factor', PC 104, etc. check out www.winsystems.com too. On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 19:41:59 -0500, "EmbeddedLotus" <n.ghotbi@processingworld.com> wro...

Trivial embedded Architecture idea
Might it be useful in a new Architecture with relatively few address registers to multipurpose the stack pointer by using the more significant N bits as a 'segment' with the least significant bit of the segment clear for stack-pointer-based references. The same segment could then be used for the global/thread-local-storage pointer with the least significant bit of the segment set and the less significant (non-segment) bits cleared, using positive offset addressing. Such would obviously put an upper bound on the stack size, but the upper portion of the stack segment could be...

Embedded ethernet + FPGA board
I'm looking for an all-in-one board that includes an embedded processor, ethernet port, FPGA, and 50+ I/O pins. The board should also come with a decent software development kit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciates. -Daniel Daniel Wong wrote: > I'm looking for an all-in-one board that includes an embedded > processor, ethernet port, FPGA, and 50+ I/O pins. The board should > also come with a decent software development kit. Any suggestions > would be greatly appreciates. > > > -Daniel www.iotech.dk AT91RM9200 + Spartan 3 -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com This message is intended to be my own personal view and it may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB "Ulf Samuelsson" <ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:ejvpa2$dk9$1@aioe.server.aioe.org... > Daniel Wong wrote: >> I'm looking for an all-in-one board that includes an embedded >> processor, ethernet port, FPGA, and 50+ I/O pins. The board should >> also come with a decent software development kit. Any suggestions >> would be greatly appreciates. >> >> >> -Daniel > > www.iotech.dk > AT91RM9200 + Spartan 3 > > > -- > Best Regards, > Ulf Samuelsson > ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com www.emqbit.com Ask for their new FPGA + ARM board -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com "Daniel Wong" <dantheman0316@gmail.com...

Inexpensive embedded board for Linux
I am looking to make a simple embedded device to run Linux, which has following components [approximately]: 386/486/586/Crusoe processor, Flash Mem (32MB+), SDRAM (32MB+), 1 parallel port, 3 serial ports, ATAPI connector (boot from disk for installation) and one Modem&RJ11 jack. Power consumption is not an issue. For display, we plan to use inexpensive LCD. Have you come across/can recommend any off-the-shelf board which has all these characteristics ? It is very price conscious, I can even spend some time assembling parts if it helps in bringing down the price. Any links ...

Troubleshooting embedded controllers boards
First off I am not that educated in this field (Embedded Controllers). I own business that operates coin-operated equipment of all types. Arcade, Redemption, Vending, Jukebox, Phones, Water machines, etc.etc. I have a few years of electronics education and 10 years of being in this business. I have tons of test equipment. (Literally) I have gotten to the point of where I am stuck when it comes to repairing certain pcb's. I guess they fall under the class of embedded controllers. Some are simple for some redemption games and some are complex for some of the latest arcade game. I really want to learn how to repair these boards. Can someone give me an idea on how to approach troubleshooting these boards? I look at the board and there are chips on there. How do I know if a particular chip is working or not? Can someone please guide me on what to do? Is there a book that shows how to troubleshoot these boards down to the component level. I am getting the feeling that it can't be done. I have never found anyone who can give me some detailed steps to follow. I have offered money and asked this question many times. Can it be done? Some of the chips are custom with no data sheets. Also most of these boards have no documentation. They don't like to release paper because of security reasons. And even if only one or two chips are custom with no data sheets how do you confirm that they are ok? That is the main thing that stops me. Not knowing if a chip is good or...

controlling an embedded board through internet
Hello guys I have an arm board with ethernet controller in it named DM9000. Actually what I want to know is that I want to control it through the internet by connecting it through the LAN with it's ethernet port. The arm board is installed with the embedded linux operating system and has it's own ip address and all other features which can be accessed with the " ifconfig " command. But I am not getting the clue that how should I control it through the internet by connecting it to the LAN and can control it from anywhere. Thank you --------------------------------------- Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com On 4/20/2011 12:30 AM, piyushpandey wrote: > I have an arm board with ethernet controller in it named DM9000. > > Actually what I want to know is that I want to control it through the > internet by connecting it through the LAN with it's ethernet port. > > The arm board is installed with the embedded linux operating system and has > it's own ip address and all other features which can be accessed with the " > ifconfig " command. > > But I am not getting the clue that how should I control it through the > internet by connecting it to the LAN and can control it from anywhere. Depends on what you want to control. Begin here: "How would I 'control it' if I were seated at the 'console'?" > >Depends on what you want to control. > >Begin ...

little embedded architecture with Display
I'm looking for a micro device with: cpu little storage little display (3/4/5 inch) little case low energy consumption support for micro OS (linux or other) wifi support a micro device like car navigation tools (like tomtom garmin hardware) but an industrial product with programming tool and wifi support. I should read data from a server by wifi connection and show data on device display and this data often change ... (this display should be small and the device compact) I can imagine something like this (for hardware and display shape ) http://www.plcdirect.eu/upload/ADC/MMI/color_change.gif but with little OS and programming tools one o more button should be useful but not essential. Thanks in advance. On Sep 25, 7:54 pm, PP <ilpaese.delpressapp...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm looking for a micro device with: > cpu > little storage > little display (3/4/5 inch) > little case > low energy consumption > support for micro OS (linux or other) > wifi support You aren't real specific on what you need for a display capability, but - the zipit is a cheap little linux wifi messaging device - "bug" stackable emedded modules - "net-top" handheld PC's such as asus eeepc 2g - assorted smartphones with wifi - GPX-type gaming handhelds with wifi added via USB or ? > You aren't real specific on what you need for a display capability, > but On the display I should only print numbers or little phras...

Embedded HDLC processing board
Hi, does anybody know good a cPCI and potentially ATCA board for embedded HDLC processing? What I am looking for is an embedded softswitch for the HDLC packets. It should be able to process them depending on the content and forward between interfaces. E1/T1, Ethernet and H.110 should be all present. Besides forwarding within the board a biderectional host data interface is needed as well. Thanks Dmitry In article <1105487062.377185.73480@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, dornatskij@hotmail.com says... > Hi, does anybody know good a cPCI and potentially ATCA board for > embedded HDLC processing? What I am looking for is an embedded > softswitch for the HDLC packets. It should be able to process them > depending on the content and forward between interfaces. E1/T1, > Ethernet and H.110 should be all present. Besides forwarding within the > board a biderectional host data interface is needed as well. > Thanks > > Dmitry > > Try these guys: www.sealevel.com I used their board quite a bit when I was doing bisync and SDLC/HDLC. Good quality stuff. Cheers, Rich ...

Linux - Embedded
New http://www.omegris.com/board/ Hi News :-) news wrote: > New > > http://www.omegris.com/board/ What's wrong with this group (and c.a.e and the usenet in total)? Ciao, J�rg -- gpg/pgp key # 0xe40a9d7a fingerprint d4f8 b448 835b 7bcf 4161 ce35 7e8b ab47 e40a 9d7a ...

Embedded CPU board question!!
Hi~ I have a question about Embedded CPU board If Embedded CPU board has tow CPUs, is it very normal or high technology for Embedded industry? CPU support Supports Socket 604 Dual Intel Xeon/LV Xeon processors up to 2.8 GHz with 400/533 MHz FSB or LV Xeon up to 2.4 GHz with 400/533 MHz FSB On-board intelligent switching type power regulator x 2 Supports streaming SIMD instruction Supports uni- processor implementation Supports Hyper- Threading Technology Thanks a lot!! Julia Ho www.nexcom.com.tw *The harder I work the luckier I get* On 15 Jul 2006 06:01:47 -0700, "Lucky Girl�" <juliaho@nexcom.com.tw> wrote: >Hi~ I have a question about Embedded CPU board > >If Embedded CPU board has tow CPUs, is it very normal or high >technology for Embedded industry? > >CPU support > >Supports Socket 604 Dual Intel Xeon/LV Xeon processors up to 2.8 GHz >with 400/533 MHz FSB or LV Xeon up to 2.4 GHz with 400/533 MHz FSB > > On-board intelligent switching type power regulator x 2 > Supports streaming SIMD instruction > Supports uni- processor implementation > Supports Hyper- Threading Technology In a world where "embedded" can cover everything from a single 4-bit micro all the way up to an embedded multi-processor VME chassis, the terms "normal" and "high technology" are very, very relative. -- Rich Webb Norfolk, VA Lucky Girl™ <juliaho@nexcom.com.tw> wrote:...

looking for embedded board with miniPCI
Hi All, I'm looking for a small embedded linux platform that has one or two miniPCI slots. So far I've only found a meshcube (meshcube.org). But unforunatly hey don't sell it any more. I also looked at Soekris and PC Wrap but they are too big. What boards do you use? Boris./ Why not buy a small OEM card system (e.g. with an ATMEL ARM9200 chip, there are several ones with Flash, RAM and Ethernet Phy) and create a simple PCB as a carrier for the card and the miniPCI card(s). Some of those OEM card companies offer development boards which might have mini PCI s...

embedding ERICSSON T10s board
Hi, I want to use a ERICSSON T10s board (from disassambled phone with LCD) in one of my projects. How can I powering up the board? I couldn't do it by powering up through connector on the board without its battery. Sincerely, Rustam Bogubaev ...

embedded projects on soekris net4501 board.
Hi list, Can someone share any "student projects" on a soekris net4501 board?Not the entire project but the title or ideas.These projects have to fit into the embedded domain.I googled for it but couldn't get much useful information.Any help would be greatly useful.Thanks in advance. regards- kk krishna wrote: > Hi list, > Can someone share any "student projects" on a soekris net4501 > board?Not the entire project but the title or ideas.These projects have > to fit into the embedded domain.I googled for it but couldn't get much > useful information.Any help would be > greatly useful.Thanks in advance. > regards- > kk > too expensive with Soekris, use WRAP. Sam hi bsder, Actually I already have two soekries boards with me.Thts why Iam asking for the soekis board based projects.Can you pl. share some of the titles . regards- kk ...

Anyone recognise this embedded x86 board?
Hi, I recently got hold of an Internet TV set top box, and I was wondering whether anyone here might have some more detailed info it - ideally I'd like to convert it into a cut-down PC, as it seems like this might not be too hard. The board itself runs an Intel 80486DX4/100, and generally seems to use standard PC hardware, all onboard: - SMSC FDC37C665GT (SuperIO) - OPTi 82C802GA (Northbridge?) - OPTi 82C602A (RTC/companion chip?) - OPTi 82C931 (Audio) - Davicom DM9008F (LAN) - IGS CyberPro 2010 (VGA + TV out) - Philips SAA 7111A (TV in) It has 16MB RAM (1x 72 pin) and 8MB Flash (also 72pin, in the second RAM slot.) The operating system was written by Neon Technologies. When it boots up it displays the video card banner in standard PC text mode, and then loads the OS from the flash chip. If I remove the flash chip, it just resets at the point where the OS normally loads. The flash chip is an Intel DA28F640J5, soldered onto an otherwise blank 72-pin RAM stick. I'm guessing I'll have to flash something else onto the chip, however I'm not sure how to go about this - or even whether the chip will work in a 72-pin slot on a normal PC (and since a lot of PCs zero the memory at startup, whether this will erase the flash chip.) Anyway, if anyone recognises this board or has any info, please let me know. Thanks, Adam. Adam Nielsen wrote: > > Hi, > > I recently got hold of an Internet TV set top box, and I was wondering > whether anyo...

Embedded Linux on Single Board Computer
Hey guys I can't seem to reply to Saghu's quesation. So I'll post new reply. try this company. http://www.emacinc.com/operating_systems/linux_embedded.htm EMAC has been around since 1985 and have been selling embeded Linux Starter kits since at least 2002. I hope this is of some use to you all. Good Luck. Robert Davidson wrote: > Hey guys I can't seem to reply to Saghu's quesation. So I'll post new > reply. try this company. > > http://www.emacinc.com/operating_systems/linux_embedded.htm > > EMAC has been around since 1...

Common software architecture for embedded systems
I am trying to come up with an overview of a common software architecture, which I would like to keep reasonably generic. That being said, it is intended for embedded systems, specifically mobile (cell) 'phones. Irrespective of the actual software project, there are certain common functionalities which should be present in most systems. The operating system (currently VxWorks, but that could change) should take care of things like message passing, process scheduling, timers, etc. However, before beginning a project, it might be nice to have a skeleton which sits above that, as a sort of scaffolding upon which to build development. I am thinking, for instance, of a decent memory management system, with defragmentation, checking for leaks, double-free and the like, some debug trace logging and so on. Can anyone suggest anything else, of a good web site or book discussing this topic? If anyone knows of any freely reusable software, that would be a great bonus. If not, I was thinking of going C++ (not meaning to re-ignite the perennial C vs. C++ debate), so that anything that I missed could be easily added into base classes later. I rather thought hat I might base upon "Design Patterns" by Gamma, et al http://www.amazon.com/Design-Patterns-Object-Oriented-Addison-Wesley-Professional/dp/0201633612/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-0876593-6712646?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1174973276&sr=1-1 Does anyone have any suggestions for finding or designing a decent framework whi...

Embedded linux for MPC860 Eval Board
I want to develop software on an Eval board that has MPC860 with Serial port and Ethernet port on it. I am planning to use Embedded linux on it. Could not find anything online. Can anyone tell me which vendor supports it and if there are any free downloadble versions. On Aug 14, 5:40=A0am, NewToEmbeddedLinux <het...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I want to develop software on an Eval board that has MPC860 with > Serial port and Ethernet port on it. I am planning to use Embedded > linux on it. Could not find anything online. Can anyone tell me which > vendor supports it and if there are any free downloadble versions. I'm not an expert on this chip, but Denx Linux seems to have a MPC86xADS setup. May be that will work with your chip. ...

Low cost Embedded Linux Board
This Board runs a real Linux operating system on an Atheros AR5315 microprocessor! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170089996390 ...

Accessing the embedded board via NFS
Hello to all guys Actually I have an embedded development board installed with the linux and I want to mount the filesystem in my Desktop also running the linux Ubuntu 10.04 lucid , which is in the path /opt/my_folder on the embedded board via NFS. For this how should I proceed . Please give me hint or any document where communication through the embedded board is described in detail. Piyush Pandey --------------------------------------- Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com piyushpandey wrote: > Actually I have an embedded development board...

Web resources about - board architecture - comp.arch.embedded

Coding the Architecture
Coding the Architecture

International style (architecture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The International style is a major architectural style that emerged in the 1920s and 1930s, the formative decades of Modern architecture . The ...

Tesla hires yet another chip architecture titan out of Apple’s PA Semi, feeding the rumor that it plans ...
... Apple’s A4 and A5 processors, which powered most of the company’s mobile devices from 2010 to 2012. Keller then left to develop the Zen architecture ...

Intel’s ‘Tick-Tock’ Seemingly Dead, Becomes ‘Process-Architecture-Optimization’
... that the ‘Tick-Tock’ strategy of introducing a new lithographic process note in one product cycle (a ‘tick’) and then an upgraded microarchitecture ...

Pere Ubu released 'Architecture Of Language 1979-1982′ box set
Pere Ubu frontman David Thomas talks about how the band's idea of "datapanik" is more relevant than ever.

These striking photos of subterranean architecture will make you want to move underground
Not all subterranean structures are built alike. While the phrase "underground architecture" conjures images of war bunkers and crypts, some ...

AIA: "Modest Expansion for Architecture Billings Index"
Note: This index is a leading indicator primarily for new Commercial Real Estate (CRE) investment. From the AIA: Modest Expansion for Architecture ...

China's weird architecture
The unusual, the imaginative and the just plain strange

Cisco Launches New Digital Architecture That Will 'Change The DNA Of The Channel'
... changing its enterprise networking model from hardware to a software, service-centric approach with the launch of its new Digital Network Architecture ...

Crucifix window forms beacon for Dalman Architecture church
A tower with a large window rises above this New Zealand church rebuilt by Dalman Architecture, replacing the corner spire of the original building ...