Call for Papers: The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing (WORLDCOMP'09), USA, July 13-16, 2009

                       CALL  FOR  PAPERS
                             and
              Call For Workshop/Session Proposals

                          WORLDCOMP'09
          The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science,
          Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing
               July 13-16, 2009, Las Vegas, USA

              (composed of 22 Joint Conferences)

You are invited to submit a paper (and/or a proposal to organize
a session/workshop).  All accepted papers will be published in the
respective conference proceedings.

The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
and Applied Computing (WORLDCOMP'09) is composed of the following
22 conferences (all will be held simultaneously, same location
and dates: July 13-16, 2009, USA):

o BIOCOMP'09: The 2009 International Conference on Bioinformatics
  and Computational Biology

o CDES'09: The 2009 International Conference on Computer Design

o CGVR'09: The 2009 International Conference on Computer Graphics
  and Virtual Reality

o CSC'09: The 2009 International Conference on Scientific Computing

o DMIN'09: The 2009 International Conference on Data Mining

o EEE'09: The 2009 International Conference on e-Learning,
  e-Business, Enterprise Information Systems, and e-Government

o ERSA'09: The 2009 International Conference on Engineering of
  Reconfigurable Systems and Algorithms

o ESA'09: The 2009 International Conference on Embedded Systems
  and Applications

o FCS'09: The 2009 International Conference on Foundations of
  Computer Science

o FECS'09: The 2009 International Conference on Frontiers in
  Education: Computer Science and Computer Engineering

o GCA'09: The 2009 International Conference on Grid Computing and
  Applications

o GEM'09: The 2009 International Conference on Genetic and
  Evolutionary Methods

o ICAI'09: The 2009 International Conference on Artificial
Intelligence

o ICOMP'09: The 2009 International Conference on Internet Computing

o ICWN'09: The 2009 International Conference on Wireless Networks

o IKE'09: The 2009 International Conference on Information and
  Knowledge Engineering

o IPCV'09: The 2009 International Conference on Image Processing,
  Computer Vision, and Pattern Recognition

o MSV'09: The 2009 International Conference on Modeling, Simulation
  and Visualization Methods

o PDPTA'09: The 2009 International Conference on Parallel and
  Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications

o SAM'09: The 2009 International Conference on Security and Management

o SERP'09: The 2009 International Conference on Software Engineering
  Research and Practice

o SWWS'09: The 2009 International Conference on Semantic Web and
  Web Services

(a link to each conference's URL can be found at
http://www.world-academy-of-science.org )

ACADEMIC CO-SPONSORS:

   Currently being prepared - it will include a number of active
   research laboratories and centers that have helped to shape our
   field.  The Academic Co-Sponsors of the last offering of
   WORLDCOMP included research labs at Harvard University, UCLA,
   University of Minnesota, University of Illinois at Urbana-
   Champaign, Georgia Institute of Technology, Emory University,
   University of Texas at Austin, MIT, George Mason University,
   University of Iowa, Russian Academy of Sciences, NEMO/European
   Union, and others.  Corporate Co-Sponsors included, Google,
   Salford Systems, Synplicity, Supermicro, NIIT, and others.

General Co-Chair and Coordinator:

   H. R. Arabnia, PhD
   Professor, Computer Science
   Editor-in-Chief, The Journal of Supercomputing (Springer)
   Advisory Board, IEEE Technical Committee on TCSC
   Vice President, Int'l Society of Intelligent Biological Medicine
   The University of Georgia
   Department of Computer Science
   415 Boyd Building
   Athens, Georgia 30602-7404, USA

   Tel: (706) 542-3480
   Fax: (706) 542-2966
   E-mail: hra@cs.uga.edu

PURPOSE / HISTORY:

   This set of joint conferences is the largest annual gathering of
   researchers in computer science, computer engineering and applied
   computing.  Many of the joint conferences in WORLDCOMP are the
   premier conferences for presentation of advances in their
respective
   fields.  We anticipate to have 2,400 or more attendees from over 85
   countries participating in the 2009 joint conferences.

   The motivation is to assemble a spectrum of affiliated research
   conferences into a coordinated research meeting held in a common
   place at a common time.  The main goal is to provide a forum for
   exchange of ideas in a number of research areas that interact.  The
   model used to form these annual conferences facilitates
communication
   among researchers from all over the world in different fields of
   computer science, computer engineering and applied computing.  Both
   inward research (core areas of computer science and engineering)
and
   outward research (multi-disciplinary, inter-disciplinary, and
   applications) will be covered during the conferences.

   WORLCOMP'09 will be composed of research presentations, keynote
   lectures, invited presentations, tutorials, panel discussions, and
   poster presentations.  In recent past, keynote and/or tutorial
speakers
   included: Prof. David A. Patterson (U. of California, Berkeley);
   Prof. Michael J. Flynn (Stanford U.); Prof. John H. Holland
   (U. of Michigan, Ann Arbor); Prof. Brian D. Athey (U. of Michigan,
   Ann Arbor), Prof. H. J. Siegel (Colorado State U.); Prof. Barry
Vercoe
   (MIT); Prof. Ruzena Bajcsy (U. of California, Berkeley);
   Prof. Jun Liu (Harvard U.); Dr. Jim Gettys (OLPC + developer of X
   Window); Dr. Chris Rowen (President and CEO, Tensilica, Inc.); and
   many other distinguished speakers.

SUBMISSION OF PAPERS:

   Prospective authors are invited to submit their draft papers by
   uploading them to http://worldcomp.cviog.uga.edu/ .
   Submissions must be received by Feb. 25, 2009 and they must be in
   either MS doc or pdf formats (about 5 to 7 pages - single space,
   font size of 10 to 12).  All reasonable typesetting formats are
   acceptable (later, the authors of accepted papers will be asked to
   follow a particular typesetting format to prepare their papers for
   publication.)

   The length of the Camera-Ready papers (if accepted) will be limited
   to 7 (IEEE style) pages.  Papers must not have been previously
   published or currently submitted for publication elsewhere.  The
   first page of the draft paper should include: title of the paper,
   name, affiliation, postal address, and email address for each
author.
   The first page should also identify the name of the Contact Author
   and a maximum of 5 topical keywords that would best represent the
   content of the paper.  Finally, the name of the conference that
   the paper is being submitted to must be stated on the first page.

   Papers will be evaluated for originality, significance, clarity,
   impact, and soundness.  Each paper will be refereed by two experts
   in the field who are independent of the conference program
committee.
   The referees' evaluations will then be reviewed by two members of
   the program committee who will recommend a decision to the chair of
   the track that the paper has been submitted to.  The chair will
make
   the final decision.  Lastly, the Camera-Ready papers will be
reviewed
   by one member of the program committee.

PROPOSAL FOR ORGANIZING SESSIONS/WORKSHOPS:

   Each session will have at least 6 paper presentations from
   different authors (12 papers in the case of workshops).  The
   session chairs will be responsible for all aspects of their
   sessions; including, soliciting papers, reviewing, selecting, ...
   The names of session chairs will appear as Associate Editors in
   the conference proceedings and on the cover of the books.

   Proposals to organize sessions should include the following
   information: name and address (+ email) of proposer, title of
   session, a 100-word description of the topic of the session,
   the name of the conference the session is submitted for
   consideration, and a short description on how the session will
   be advertised (in most cases, session proposers solicit papers
   from colleagues and researchers whose work is known to the
   session proposer).  email your session proposal to H. R. Arabnia
   (address is given above).  We would like to receive the proposals
   by January 16, 2009.

IMPORTANT DATES:

   Jan.  16, 2009:    Proposals for organizing/chairing sessions/
workshops
   Feb.  25, 2009:    Submission of papers (about 5 to 7 pages)
   March 25, 2009:    Notification of acceptance
   April 25, 2009:    Camera-Ready papers and Registration due
   July 13-16, 2009:  The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science,
                      Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing
                      (WORLDCOMP'09 - 22 joint conferences)

MEMBERS OF PROGRAM AND ORGANIZING COMMITTEES:

   The Program Committee includes members of chapters of World Academy
   of Science (chapters: supercomputing; scientific computing; AI;
   imaging science; databases; simulation; software engineering;
   embedded systems; internet and web technologies; communications;
   computer security; and bioinformatics.) The Program Committee for
   individual conferences is currently being formed.  Those interested
   in joining the Program Committee should email H. R. Arabnia
   (hra@cs.uga.edu) the following information: Name, affiliation
   and position, complete mailing address, email address, a short
   biography together with research interests and the name of the
   conference offering to help with.
   Many who have already joined the committees of individual tracks
   are renowned leaders, scholars, researchers, scientists and
   practitioners of the highest ranks; many are directors of research
   laboratories, fellows of various societies, heads/chairs of
   departments, deans and provosts.

LOCATION OF CONFERENCES:

   The conferences will be held in the Monte Carlo hotel, Las Vegas,
   Nevada, USA (with any overflows at other near-by hotels).  This is
   a mega hotel with excellent conference facilities and over 3,000
   rooms.  It is minutes from the airport with 24-hour shuttle
   service to and from the airport.  This hotel has many recreational
   attractions, including: waterfalls, spa, pools, sunning decks, Easy
   River, wave pool, lighted tennis courts, health spa, nightly shows,
   a number of restaurants, ...  The negotiated room rate for
   conference attendees is very reasonable.  The hotel is within
   walking distance from most other attractions (recreational
   destinations, Golf courses, ...)

0
amgsolo (1021)
12/13/2008 1:20:08 PM
comp.arch.embedded 20047 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Hmm.  According to their web site it is going to be in LA, not LV!

http://world-research-institutes.org/conferences/CSIE/2009/

"A. M. G. Solo" <amgsolo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>   practitioners of the highest ranks; many are directors of research
>   laboratories, fellows of various societies, heads/chairs of
>   departments, deans and provosts.
>
> LOCATION OF CONFERENCES:
>
>   The conferences will be held in the Monte Carlo hotel, Las Vegas,
>   Nevada, USA (with any overflows at other near-by hotels).  This is
>   a mega hotel with excellent conference facilities and over 3,000
>   rooms.  It is minutes from the airport with 24-hour shuttle
>   service to and from the airport.  This hotel has many recreational
>   attractions, including: waterfalls, spa, pools, sunning decks, Easy
>   River, wave pool, lighted tennis courts, health spa, nightly shows,
>   a number of restaurants, ...  The negotiated room rate for
>   conference attendees is very reasonable.  The hotel is within
>   walking distance from most other attractions (recreational

Call for Papers: The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing (WORLDCOMP'09), July 13-16, 2009, USA
Dear Colleagues: I would appreciate if you would share the announcement below with those who might be interested. Best regards, A. M. G. Solo Publicity Chair, WORLDCOMP'09 ----------------------------- CALL FOR PAPERS and Call For Workshop/Session Proposals WORLDCOMP'09 The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing July 13-16, 2009, Las Vegas, USA (composed of 22 Joint Conferences) You are invit...

Call for Papers: The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing (WORLDCOMP'09), USA, July 13-16, 2009 #2
CALL FOR PAPERS and Call For Workshop/Session Proposals WORLDCOMP'09 The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing July 13-16, 2009, Las Vegas, USA (composed of 22 Joint Conferences) You are invited to submit a paper (and/or a proposal to organize a session/workshop). All accepted papers will be published in the respective conference proceedings. The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing (WORLDCOMP'09) is composed of the following 22 conferences (all will be held simultaneously, same location and dates: July 13-16, 2009, USA): o BIOCOMP'09: The 2009 International Conference on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology o CDES'09: The 2009 International Conference on Computer Design o CGVR'09: The 2009 International Conference on Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality o CSC'09: The 2009 International Conference on Scientific Computing o DMIN'09: The 2009 International Conference on Data Mining o EEE'09: The 2009 International Conference on e-Learning, e-Business, Enterprise Information Systems, and e-Government o ERSA'09: The 2009 International Conference on Engineering of Reconfigurable Systems and Algorithms o ESA'09: The 2009 International Conference on Embedded Systems and Application...

[...]

Call for Papers: The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing (WORLDCOMP'09), Las Vegas USA, July 13-16, 2009
[...]

Call For Participation: WORLDCOMP'09 (The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing), USA, July 13-16, 2009
Call For Participation WORLDCOMP'09 The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing Date and Location: July 13-16, 2009, Las Vegas, USA http://www.world-academy-of-science.org/ This is an invitation to attend WORLDCOMP'09 Congress. WORLDCOMP'09 is composed of a number of tracks (22 joint conferences, 15 tutorials, 180 technical sessions and workshops, 55 keynotes and invited lectures); all will be held simultaneously, same location and dates: July 13-16, 2009. Attendees will have full access to all conferences' sessions, tracks, and tutorials. See below for the complete list of joint conferences, list of sponsors, registration information, hotel information, and some highlights. LIST OF JOINT CONFERENCES: o BIOCOMP'09: Bioinformatics and Computational Biology o CDES'09: Computer Design o CGVR'09: Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality o CSC'09: Scientific Computing o DMIN'09: Data Mining o EEE'09: e-Learning, e-Business, Enterprise Information Systems, and e-Government o ERSA'09: Engineering of Reconfigurable Systems and Algorithms o ESA'09: Embedded Systems and Applications o FCS'09: Foundations of Computer Science o FECS'09: Frontiers in Education: Computer Science and Computer Engineering o GCA'09: Grid Computing and Applications o GEM'09:...

[...]

Call For Participation: WORLDCOMP'09 (The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing), USA, July 13-16, 2009 #3
Call For Participation WORLDCOMP'09 The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing Date and Location: July 13-16, 2009, Las Vegas, USA http://www.world-academy-of-science.org/ This is an invitation to attend WORLDCOMP'09 Congress. WORLDCOMP'09 is composed of a number of tracks (22 joint conferences, 15 tutorials, 180 technical sessions and workshops, 55 keynotes and invited lectures); all will be held simultaneously, same location and dates: ...

Call For Participation: WORLDCOMP'09 (The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing), USA, July 13-16, 2009 #2
[...]

CFP with extended deadline of Mar. 11, 2009: WORLDCOMP'09 (The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing), USA, July 13-16, 2009
I would appreciate if you would share the announcement below with those who might be interested. The paper submission deadline is extended to March 11, 2009. Call For Papers Extended Paper Submission Deadline: March 11, 2009 WORLDCOMP'09 The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, & Applied Computing Date and Location: July 13-16, 2009, Las Vegas, USA http://www.world-academy-of-science.org Due to numerous requests, the paper submission deadline has been extended to March 11, 2009. You are invited to submit a paper; see below for submission instructions. All accepted papers will be published in the respective conference proceedings (in printed books). Academic Sponsors include: United States Military Academy, Network Science Center; various research laboratories and centers affiliated with Harvard U. / MIT; Argonne National Lab.; U. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Minnesota Supercomputing Institute; U. of Texas at Austin; George Mason U.; Vienna U. of Technology; U. of Siegen; National Institute for Health Research; U. of Iowa; Russian Academy of Sciences; U. of North Dakota; Texas A&M U./Com.; The European Commission, and many others. For the complete list of sponsors, refer to http://www.world-academy-of-science.org/worldcomp09/ws/sponsors The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engine...

CFP with extended deadline of March 11, 2009: WORLDCOMP'09 (The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing), USA, July 13-16, 2009
I would appreciate if you would share the announcement below with those who might be interested. The paper submission deadline is extended to March 11, 2009. Call For Papers Extended Paper Submission Deadline: March 11, 2009 WORLDCOMP'09 The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, & Applied Computing Date and Location: July 13-16, 2009, Las Vegas, USA http://www.world-academy-of-science.org Due to numerous requests, the paper submission deadline has been extended to March 11, 2009. You are invited to submit a paper; see below for submission instructions. All accepted papers will be published in the respective conference proceedings (in printed books). Academic Sponsors include: United States Military Academy, Network Science Center; various research laboratories and centers affiliated with Harvard U. / MIT; Argonne National Lab.; U. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Minnesota Supercomputing Institute; U. of Texas at Austin; George Mason U.; Vienna U. of Technology; U. of Siegen; National Institute for Health Research; U. of Iowa; Russian Academy of Sciences; U. of North Dakota; Texas A&M U./Com.; The European Commission, and many others. For the complete list of sponsors, refer to http://www.world-academy-of-science.org/worldcomp09/ws/sponsors The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing (WO...

[...]

CFP with extended deadline of Mar. 11, 2009: WORLDCOMP'09 (The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing), USA, July 13-16, 2009 #2
I would appreciate if you would share the announcement below with those who might be interested. The paper submission deadline is extended to March 11, 2009. Call For Papers Extended Paper Submission Deadline: March 11, 2009 WORLDCOMP'09 The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, & Applied Computing Date and Location: July 13-16, 2009, Las Vegas, USA http://www.world-academy-of-science.org Due to numerous requests, the paper submission deadline has been exten...

CFP with extended deadline of March 11, 2009: WORLDCOMP'09 (The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing), USA, July 13-16, 2009 #2
[...]

Call for Papers wih Deadline of May 27, 2009: WORLDCOMP'09 (joint conferences in computer science, computer engineering, and applied computing), USA, July 13-16, 2009
Call For Papers - Deadline: May 27, 2009 WORLDCOMP'09 The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing Date and Location: July 13-16, 2009, Las Vegas, USA http://www.world-academy-of-science.org/ Indexing: Inspec / IET / The Institute for Engineering and Technology, DBLP / CS Bibliography, and others. You are invited to submit a paper (see instructions below.) This announcement is ONLY for those who missed the opportunity to submit their papers in response to earlier annou...

Web resources about - Call for Papers: The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing (WORLDCOMP'09), USA, July 13-16, 2009 - comp.arch.embedded