Delete itself in VxWorks

Hi,

Can the calling task delete itself in VxWorks ?
Is there any pdf/link that discusses about this ?

This deletion is possible in =B5C/OS-II , but i need to know some info
w=2Er.t VxWorks

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

comp.arch.embedded 20047 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

>"karthikbalaguru" <karthikbalaguru79@gmail.com> wrote in message
>Hi,

>Can the calling task delete itself in VxWorks ?
>Is there any pdf/link that discusses about this ?

>This deletion is possible in �C/OS-II , but i need to know some info
>w.r.t VxWorks

>Thx in advans,
>Karthik Balaguru

What does the manual say?

--
Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
13 official architecture ports, 1000 downloads per week.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by T�V as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.

0
noemal (14)
10/14/2007 6:34:55 AM
On Oct 14, 11:34 am, "FreeRTOS.org" <noe...@address.com> wrote:
> >"karthikbalaguru" <karthikbalagur...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >Hi,
> >Can the calling task delete itself in VxWorks ?
> >Is there any pdf/link that discusses about this ?
> >This deletion is possible in =B5C/OS-II , but i need to know some info
> >w.r.t VxWorks
> >Thx in advans,
> >Karthik Balaguru
>
> What does the manual say?

I am unable to find the information/manual w.r.t it.
Any pdf/link that discusses about that would help me.
Does anyone here have such pdf/link w.r.t it ?

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

delete on delete !
Hi, If I do another delete on an object which has been deleted earlier, then how is the system expected to behave ? Is it an unpredictable behavior ?? Thanks Sandeep Sandeep Grover wrote: > Hi, > > If I do another delete on an object which has been deleted earlier, then > how is > the system expected to behave ? > > Is it an unpredictable behavior ?? > Yes, unpredictable. Some will choke, some destructors SEGV, it goes on and on. Sandeep Grover wrote: > If I do another delete on an object which has been deleted earlier, then > how is the system expected to behave? > > Is it an unpredictable behavior ?? It's undefined, so in theory, yes; anything could happen. S > Sandeep Grover wrote: > > > If I do another delete on an object which has been deleted earlier, then > > how is the system expected to behave? > > > > Is it an unpredictable behavior ?? > > It's undefined, so in theory, yes; anything could happen. > > S Thanks ! So, if I have an array of pointers; more than one of the entries could point to the same chunk of memory (allocated using new). How do I ensure that I end up deleting that entry only once. I dont want to use reference-counting kind of thing in constructor. On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:53:31 -0700, Sandeep Grover <sandeep@magma-da.com> wrote: >[I]f I have an array of pointers; more than one of the entries could >point to the same chunk of memo...

Deleting Embedded Files
When emails are deleted in Eudora embedded files are not removed and will accumulate indefinitely. Rather than controlling the size of this folder manually I am using the free version of xxcopy as part of my daily automated backup routine. The following command line will remove Eudora embedded files older than 40 days: xxcopy C:\EudoraData\Embedded\ /RS /YY /DB#40 | ---replace with your path...quotes required if spaces present For testing purposes add the following to the command to produce a list of what would be removed. Eliminating the "/L" produc...

Delete does not really delete
I developed a large program and found the program does not really release memory after the delete operation is taken, since, according to "performance monitor", the virtual bytes used by this process does not decrease after 'delete'. Is this because the heap allocator holds the deleted memory for future use? Is there anyway to force the release of the memory since we confront problem of memory allocation failure if the delete memory is not really released. Goshiwen Hong Chen wrote: > I developed a large program and found the program does not really > release memory a...

Embedded folder
I was under the impression that: Embedded files are kept until the message they came with is deleted. I just checked the folder and found 581 graphics present. I am about to delete all of them - is there a configuration change which I should perform? Eudora version 6.0.0.22 paid mode (44) Shelly F wrote: > Embedded files are kept until the message they came with is >deleted. > >I just checked the folder and found 581 graphics present. > > > > I seems that sometimes Eudora deletes those as described, and sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't for me, so I just delete them when I think about it. I put a shortcut to the embedded file as well as the attachment file on the desktop to make it easier. Rick Shelly F <shellyfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > I was under the impression that: > Embedded files are kept until the message they came with is > deleted. Not exactly. They should be kept until the messages are emptied from the Trash, not just deleted. > I just checked the folder and found 581 graphics present. > I am about to delete all of them - is there a configuration change > which I should perform? There isn't any setting that governs that. It should work. Some people reports that it doesn't work for them. I don't know why, not having had an opportunity to look at an installation that actually had that problem. (I've looked at some where people cla...

VxWorks
Can anybody tell me what exactly is "Device Software"? Now-a-days Wind River says they are into the business of "Device Software Optimisation". It appears they have stopped using the word "embedded". It's been nearly 5 years..I always thought am an embedded software engineer and VxWorks is the (RT)OS used in embedded systems. Err..am I in the wrong profession? VG Vcc Ground wrote: > Can anybody tell me what exactly is "Device Software"? Now-a-days Wind > River says they are into the business of "Device Software > Optimisation". I...

delete vs delete[]
Hi all, A thought crossed my mind.... if I allocate memory for an array at runtime using.... int* arr = new int[num_of_elems] ; what happens when I then de-allocate memory using delete arr ; AND/OR delete[] arr ; As I understand it, the first method will remove the reference only, whereas the second method will de-allocate the memory as well as removing the reference. Am I right? AB posted: > if I allocate memory for an array at runtime using.... > > int* arr = new int[num_of_elems] ; > > what happens when I then de-allocate memory using > > delete arr ; ...

can a deleted bat file delete an exe that deleted it?
Have an exe that needs to delete itself and other files in the same folder but this cannot be done. So thought I would use a bat file. Problem is that the exe is not deleted if the exe deletes the bat file and its folder first. I thought I could: 1 start the exe via a bat file that lives in the same folder. 2 The exe deletes all files including the bat file and folder they all live in 3 The exe ends and the running - but deleted - bat file then deletes the exe. 4 Plan is no files are left but exe is left in the folder above - see bat below I thought I could get this working...

automatic arch log delete
Hi all, Is it possible to find and delete archive logs that are 3 days old using PL/Sql? Could you, please refer me to an online document? Thanks, Eugene On 11 Jul 2005 11:56:40 -0700, "Eugene" <epipko@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi all, >Is it possible to find and delete archive logs that are 3 days old >using PL/Sql? Could you, please refer me to an online document? > >Thanks, >Eugene no it is not possible to do that using pl/sql, or you must call the rman interface directly. You could do it using rman, but that requires you back them up using rman. Depending on your backup strategy, your request may possibly render your database unrecoverable. I would make sure you know what you are doing. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA If you are decoupling the removal of archive logs from the backups (which is a good idea), you probably want to use operating system commands to do it anyways. I run a cron something like 49 03 * * * find .../arch -type f -mtime +2 -exec ll {} \; >> /home2/oracle/archfilerm ; find .../arch -type f -mtime +2 -exec rm {} \; where ... is the explict path to where the arcs are. Having several days of arcs previous to any given backup has definitely helped when recovering. And the record of deletion is nice. There's probably better ways to code it, but the above is easy. There's probably was to write it with agents, but since you haven't given any platform or version, difficult to advise. jg -- @...

Automatic deletion of attachments and embedded files?
Is there a setting that would automatically delete attachments and embedded files when I trash the original message? For example, friends forwards a great many attachments and sometimes includes pictures within her messages. Eventually, I end up with a huge number of items in c:\program files\qualcomm\eudora\myname\attachments and in c:\program files\qualcomm\eudora\myname\embedded. I can go through and manually delete them, but I am sure there must be an option to do this automatically. Under Incoming Mail, I have checked delete from server when emptied from trash. I did *...

How do I get embedded directory files to automatically delete?
How do I get my embedded files in C:\Program files\qualcomm\eudora\embedded to be automatically deleted when I delete their corresponding email from the Trash folder? While there is such an option under Tools > Options for deleting attachments, I have found NO such option for deleting the embedded directory files. With all the spam I receive, this embedded directory quickly fills up with thousands of junk graphics files, and deleting them manually is a pain. Fred fappleyard@mindspring.com (Fred) wrote: >How do I get my embedded files in C:\Program >files\qualcomm\eudora\embedded to be automatically deleted when I >delete their corresponding email from the Trash folder? While there is >such an option under Tools > Options for deleting attachments, I have >found NO such option for deleting the embedded directory files. With >all the spam I receive, this embedded directory quickly fills up with >thousands of junk graphics files, and deleting them manually is a >pain. The embedded files are deleted when you delete the email the given embedded file(s) is/are associated with. That's the way My Eudora has always worked. I rarely find anything in the embedded directory when I check it. OJ III "Fred" <fappleyard@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:23a5a684.0307111432.1b387ca5@posting.google.com... > How do I get my embedded files in C:\Program > files\qualcomm\eudora\embedded to be automatica...

differences among embedded linux, pSos and VxWorks.
Hi, I am new to RTOSs. Could anyone explain me what are the main differences among embedded linux, pSos and VxWorks. Thanks. ...

VxWorks/DSP/Embedded Entwickler sucht neues Projekt
Guten Tag, ich suche zum 2.1.2004 ein neues Projekt. In meinem aktuellen Projekt bearbeitete ich folgende Themen: - DSP56826 mit CodeWarrior - Entwicklung eines sehr alten Modemsstandards auf einem modernen DSP (PSK) - Soundanalyse, Verschl�sselung, �bertragung, Entschl�sselung und Rekonstruktion des Sounds auf einem DSP. Der Transport lief �ber eine normale Telefonleitung Verschl�sseltes Telefonieren. - FSK/PSK Modulation auf dem DSP - FFT/FHT auf dem DSP und auf den PowerPC's - PPC604 und PPC860 mit VxWorks (VME rack und PC104 version) - Entwicklung eines eigenen Videocodecs f�r extrem schmale Bandbreiten aber gute Farbaufl�sung (besser als RealPlayer) - Anzeige des Videos unter Win32 und JAVA - Multi-Messaging System mit SMS/Fax/Voice/Mail. Alles in einem embedded System integriert F�r weitere Informationen und meine sonstigen Projekte (nur die letzten 6 Jahre), sehen Sie sich bitte meine Homepage an: http://matthias.thoemel.bei.t-online.de Sollten Sie Interesse an einer Zusammenarbeit haben w�rde ich mich �ber einen unverbindlichen Kontakt freuen. Ihr Matthias Thoemel ...

Registry: Deleting a key with null embedded in key name
Hi, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to delete a registry key that some program placed into my registry without my knowledge. I scanned the registry using sysinternals RootkitRevealer program and found two keys that have nulls embedded in the names and now I want to clear them from the registry. Regedit won't allow it. Regedit says "Cannot open ______ Error while opening key". The key I'm trying to delete is "version_version". Substitute the '_' with '\0' and that is what the key actually looks like in memory. I used ...

select best arm embedded board friend with VxWorks
hello all i'm begginer in the VxWorks RTOS i want buy an ARM Embedded board that support VxWorks RTOS where i can find a list of ARM Board with this features? ...

Difference between DELETE and DELETE FROM statement
Hi, Are there any differences between DELETE and DELETE FROM statements? Can they be used interchangably? For example" delete from mytable where ....; delete mytable where ....; Thanks in advance. Nick Li "Ninjali" <nickli2000@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 7c6e2c4e-ef5e-4e6b-8ac6-0d7e69552160@d23g2000vbm.googlegroups.com... | Hi, | | Are there any differences between DELETE and DELETE FROM statements? | Can they be used interchangably? For example" | | delete from mytable where ....; | | delete mytable where ....; | | | Thanks in advance. | | Nick Li | What does the documentation says? http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_8005.htm#i2117787 Regards Michel On Aug 3, 2:00=A0am, "Michel Cadot" <micadot{at}altern{dot}org> wrote: > "Ninjali" <nickli2...@gmail.com> a =E9crit dans le message de news: > 7c6e2c4e-ef5e-4e6b-8ac6-0d7e69552...@d23g2000vbm.googlegroups.com... > | Hi, > | > | =A0Are there any differences between DELETE and DELETE FROM statements? > | Can they be used interchangably? For example" > | > | =A0delete from mytable where ....; > | > | =A0delete mytable where ....; > | > | > | =A0Thanks in advance. > | > | =A0Nick Li > | > > What does the documentation says? > > http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_...

HELP
For some reason or another several folders in a slave drive became unavailible. I could not open the folders or the subfolders. It seems to have something to do with permissions though I am the only user in WXP pro. I recovered the data with EZ Recovery so no harm done. Except the system won't let me delete the original folders. This is about 10 gig on a 200 WD. It passes smart and has no corrupt parts. Also tried a program called Tune-up with has a "shredder". I don't know DOS that well and there are about 30 separate folders so that route seems a little ...

Why does "delete" not delete?
Hi, When I call "clean" as shown below, shouldn't I be getting segmentation fault due to garbage data? I am compiling with CC and the output is 5. Does "delete" not delete in this situation or is it no guarantee that it will print 5 or go wrong? void clean( int* ptr ) { delete ptr; } //... int* ptr = new int( 5 ); clean( ptr ); cout << *ptr << endl; On Mar 10, 5:11 pm, "D. Susman" <derya.sus...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > When I call "clean" as shown below, shouldn't I be getting > segmentation fault due t...

Delete Delete really gone
When one deletes an email it goes into the Eudora trash mbox. I want to be able to really delete it, directly to space /dev/null never never land. Is there a hot key, a shift sequence. My trash is cluttered with spam I never want to see again. Thanks, Vic one wrote: > > When one deletes an email it goes into the Eudora trash mbox. I > want to be able to really delete it, directly to space /dev/null > never never land. Is there a hot key, a shift sequence. My > trash is cluttered with spam I never want to see again. Not from within Eudora. If you *really* want to wipe data from your drive(s), you'll need a special program to do so. Larry A trick I've used is 1) Create a tmpjunk mail folder 2) Select the "deletes" and drag them to the tmpjunk 3) go to dos and > delete tmpjunk.* in the eudora folder. Not faster than delete to trash, but no need then to "empty trash" dp "Lawrence Glasser" <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:3F70911C.8B4A6D2@spamcop.net... > one wrote: > > > > When one deletes an email it goes into the Eudora trash mbox. I > > want to be able to really delete it, directly to space /dev/null > > never never land. Is there a hot key, a shift sequence. My > > trash is cluttered with spam I never want to see again. > > Not from within Eudora. > > If you *really* want to wipe data from y...

Deleting/Not Deleting attachments with messages?
I have my Eudora prefs set to Delete Attachments with Messages because I receive so much junk and want any attachments to go away with the messages. But, of course there are times when I want to keep an attachment but delete the "cover letter" message that brought it. I'm quite sure that renaming the attachment file in the Finder, or opening it and saving it under a new name, is sure to preserve it. I *think* that just dragging the file from my Downloads folder into a new folder before deleting the message also does this -- but I'm not absoutely sure. ...

delete[] p or delete[] *p
Hi, Suppose I have the following code: int (*p)[5] = (int (*)[5])new int[5]; How do I delete the allocated memory? Is it: a) delete[] p; b) delete[] *p; c) delete[] (int*)p; ?? Any ideas?? On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 05:34:51 +0100, "Paul" <pchristor@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: >Hi, >Suppose I have the following code: > >int (*p)[5] = (int (*)[5])new int[5]; > >How do I delete the allocated memory? >Is it: >a) delete[] p; >b) delete[] *p; >c) delete[] (int*)p; > >?? Any ideas?? You have casted the pointer type returned from...

Function deleting itself (Deletable globals)
Hi, I'm a beginner with Javascript, purely out of personal interest. I have been studying various guides related to Javascript, although I have mostly been interested in the specifications in ECMA 262. I recently took a look at the Apple Javascript Coding Guidelines (2008), which applies to WebKit, apparently: http://developer.apple.com/documentation/ScriptingAutomation/Conceptual/JSCodingGuide/JSCodingGuide.pdf On page 21, it recommends that initializer functions contain code to delete themselves: --- var foo = function() { // code that makes this function work delete foo...

DELETE ... NOT query does not delete all that I expected
Originally I had a temporary table with about a million rows. Now I have some questions about the row counts returned from some queries: SELECT * FROM #details WHERE originator = 'J' and beneficiary = 'V'; -- the above yields 17 rows DELETE FROM #details WHERE NOT(originator = 'J' AND beneficiary = 'V'); -- theoretically, should only leave 17 rows in table SELECT * FROM #details ORDER BY aml_rec_id; -- unfortunately, yields more than 300,00 rows... but only 17 should be there I am pretty sure if my delete had been this: DELETE FROM #details WHERE id NOT IN (SELECT id FROM #details WHERE originator = 'J' and beneficiary = 'V') that it would have deleted what I wanted, but I dont understand why my original DELETE statement failed to do what I wanted. You are experiencing this because one or both columns 'originator' and 'beneficiary' have NULL values. Boolean logic with NULLs goes like this: NOT TRUE -> FALSE NOT FALSE -> TRUE NOT UNKNOWN -> UNKNOWN Since your WHERE filter evaluates to UNKNOWN when 'originator' and 'beneficiary' has NULL value, the DELETE skips those rows. To delete the correct rows you can write the query like below: DELETE FROM #details WHERE NOT ((originator = 'J' AND originator IS NOT NULL) AND (beneficiary = 'V' AND beneficiary IS NOT NULL)) HTH, Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com On Jan 23, 10:57 am, metaperl ...

delete NULL, what about delete[] NULL
Hello, I could find in the C++ definition that: delete NULL (delete 0) is perfectly valid. But I couldn't find the same thing for delete[]... Thanks Mathieu Mathieu Malaterre wrote: > ... > I could find in the C++ definition that: > > delete NULL (delete 0) is perfectly valid. But I couldn't find the same > thing for delete[]... > ... 5.3.5/2 states that for both forms of 'delete'. -- Best regards, Andrey Tarasevich Andrey Tarasevich wrote: > Mathieu Malaterre wrote: > >>... >> I could find in the C++ definition that: >> ...

Delete Before Put or Put Before Delete
The following is rhetorical, no answer required. For years and years we've had an application in an Image database. Users happily enter data and the program does its thing. Put is entered sometimes before the Delete of the prior record, of course this is so microscopically fast Image doesn't care. I mean what the hell, it's a Detail Set. Years pass by... We add some 3rd party applications* to the machine that captures data entry into a MSG file so a script can read it and populate SQL tables on a PC based server. This seems well and good when capturing data from ...

Web resources about - Delete itself in VxWorks - comp.arch.embedded

VxWorks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... sources, or by checking whether the references meet the criteria for reliable sources. Unreliable citations may be challenged or deleted. VxWorks ...

Wind River Opens IoT Marketplace for VxWorks OS
The Intel subsidiary says the online store will give customers a central place to find IoT offerings from third-party vendors.

Wind River outfits VxWorks for 'Internet of things'
Wind River Systems has updated its widely used VxWorks embedded RTOS (real-time operating system) to make it ready for use on impending "Internet ...

Wind River outfits VxWorks for 'Internet of things'
Wind River Systems has updated its widely used VxWorks embedded RTOS (real-time operating system) to make it ready for use on impending “Internet ...

Wind River Introduces Industry Profiles for Next-Generation VxWorks Real-Time Operating System - SYS-CON ...
... NJ, The world's leading i-technology media company on breaking technology news. real-time operating system (RTOS). The profiles enrich VxWorks ...

Wind River VxWorks patches some TCP sequence spoofing bugs
1995 called, wants its vulnerability back Intel-owned embedded software outfit Wind River has been caught with an embarrassing bug in its VxWorks ...

C - Skills - LinkedIn
See top C professionals, groups, and related job openings.

Use Connected Community's Advanced Search to find a Connected Community partner across a whole range of solutions

QuickSec/IPsec Client Toolkit
QuickSec/IPsec Client Toolkit, security software, VPN security, SSL, packet engine, packet engines, TRNG, TRNGs, true random number generator, ...