DSP using a non DSP processor

My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take
analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their
samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply
them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering
operation on this power signal.
Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being
too ambitious?
please post your comments about its feasibility.

Thanks,
Rohan

0
rohanshar (36)
9/1/2006 4:45:22 AM
comp.arch.embedded 20047 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Rohan wrote:

> My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take
> analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their
> samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply
> them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering
> operation on this power signal.
> Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being
> too ambitious?
> please post your comments about its feasibility.
>
> Thanks,
> Rohan

The big question is "in real time?".

Do you want to do this in C ?

So, Yea but, is your answer.

0
donald3108 (399)
9/1/2006 5:10:53 AM
Rohan wrote:
> My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take
> analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their
> samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply
> them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering
> operation on this power signal.
> Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being
> too ambitious?
> please post your comments about its feasibility.

  It is possible, depends on your precision, harmonics and samples.
I've seen some of the better 80C51's used for mains FFT work.

  Look at some of the metering ICs like
http://www.tsc.tdk.com/products/product_category_detail.cfm?category_key=27
  or
http://www.austriamicrosystems.com/03products/11_metering.htm

-jg

0
no.spam2900 (819)
9/1/2006 6:13:11 AM
Rohan wrote:
> My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take
> analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their
> samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply
> them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering
> operation on this power signal.
> Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being
> too ambitious?
> please post your comments about its feasibility.
>
> Thanks,
> Rohan

Are you sure that Fourier is the way to go
instead of a simpler low-pass filter?

You can implement a quite fancy filter at about
70 Hz corner frequency with the calculation
tedium of a FFT / inverse FFT pair.

The main difference of a DSP to a more common
processor is the ability to make a very fast
scalar product of two vectors, i.e. multiply
the vectors element-by-element and add the
products. If your application stands doing
the same with a garden-variety processor,
you can use it.

To get a reasonable amount of samples in a cycle,
you will need a sample rate around 1000 samples
per channel and second. This is not a problem
for modern controllers.

A good point to ponder is whether a 8 bit controller
can handle it or if a more powerful 32 bit chip
would better fill the bill. The main considerations
here are cost and needed calculation resolution.

(I'd consider some of the ARM's here, e.g. Atmel AT91's).

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi
Tauno Voipio wrote:
> Rohan wrote:
> > My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take
> > analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their
> > samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply
> > them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering
> > operation on this power signal.
> > Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being
> > too ambitious?
> > please post your comments about its feasibility.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rohan
> >

> Are you sure that Fourier is the way to go
> instead of a simpler low-pass filter?
>
> You can implement a quite fancy filter at about
> 70 Hz corner frequency with the calculation
> tedium of a FFT / inverse FFT pair.
>
> The main difference of a DSP to a more common
> processor is the ability to make a very fast
> scalar product of two vectors, i.e. multiply
> the vectors element-by-element and add the
> products. If your application stands doing
> the same with a garden-variety processor,
> you can use it.
>
> To get a reasonable amount of samples in a cycle,
> you will need a sample rate around 1000 samples
> per channel and second. This is not a problem
> for modern controllers.
>
> A good point to ponder is whether a 8 bit controller
> can handle it or if a more powerful 32 bit chip
> would better fill the bill. The main considerations
> here are cost and needed calculation resolution.
>
> (I'd consider some of the ARM's here, e.g. Atmel AT91's).
>
> --
>
> Tauno Voipio
> tauno voipio (at) iki fi

I think low pass filter is a good idea. can you guide me how the FFT /
inverse FFT pair could give a corner frequency of 70hz. this should
solve the problem
I am using a renesas R8C series 16 bit processor. This is the first
time i am dealing with analog/digital signals so my knowledge is
limited to the books.
Its the function of a AD7751 metering IC whose function I have to
emulate inside the controller.
Yes it has to be done in real time.
So logic should be about 1000 samples per second, Low pass filter at 70
hz, multiply over a cycle and take average? is it feasible?
And also do ADC give a negative value for negative half cycles. If no
then how do you take care of it?

0
rohanshar (36)
9/1/2006 7:35:05 AM
Rohan wrote:

> I think low pass filter is a good idea. can you guide me how the FFT /
> inverse FFT pair could give a corner frequency of 70hz. this should
> solve the problem

The filter should be done *without* any Fourier transform
at all.

Please get an elementary textbook on digital signal processing
and learn the filter design. There are quite a lot of different
design decisions that *you* have to make.

> I am using a renesas R8C series 16 bit processor. This is the first
> time i am dealing with analog/digital signals so my knowledge is
> limited to the books.
> Its the function of a AD7751 metering IC whose function I have to
> emulate inside the controller.
> Yes it has to be done in real time.
> So logic should be about 1000 samples per second, Low pass filter at 70
> hz, multiply over a cycle and take average? is it feasible?

IMHO, yes. It depends on your other design decisions, however.

> And also do ADC give a negative value for negative half cycles. If no
> then how do you take care of it?

Pretty many ADCs can be set up for bi-polar operation.
Have a look at the manual of the converter you have.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi
Rohan wrote:
> My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take
> analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their
> samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply
> them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering
> operation on this power signal.
> Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being
> too ambitious?

I have designed a similar (but quite simpler) system. The idea is in
using fast FIFO memory to read from ADC and hold a signal and then
operate with data in non-real time by slow mcu.

0
eupenik (1)
9/1/2006 4:14:34 PM
Eugene V. Upenik wrote:
> Rohan wrote:
> > My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take
> > analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their
> > samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply
> > them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering
> > operation on this power signal.
> > Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being
> > too ambitious?
>
> I have designed a similar (but quite simpler) system. The idea is in
> using fast FIFO memory to read from ADC and hold a signal and then
> operate with data in non-real time by slow mcu.

Hi all,
Thanks for the wonderful support.
Have got the book and working on my DSP skills. Thats the most
important first step. Thanks
hi Eugene. I am also looking at simplifying design. I have to ensure I
have an average power  being calculated every half second. so its like
non real time. could you guide me a little more about what kind of
system you are using. I couldn't get the logic from your post.
Thanks a lot

0
rohanshar (36)
9/1/2006 7:08:27 PM
On 31 Aug 2006 21:45:22 -0700, "Rohan" <rohanshar@gmail.com> wrote:

>My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take
>analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their
>samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply
>them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering
>operation on this power signal.
>Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being
>too ambitious?
>please post your comments about its feasibility.

Look here. There is a reference design available.

http://www.maxim-ic.com/solutions/electricity_metering_system/index.mvp

Mit freundlichen Gr��en

Frank-Christian Kr�gel
0
dontmailme2 (165)
9/1/2006 7:25:28 PM
    C dont do machine code , Forth does .
   H/w is too cheap to ignore ....

Donald wrote:
> Rohan wrote:
>
> > My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take
> > analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their
> > samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply
> > them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering
> > operation on this power signal.
> > Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being
> > too ambitious?
> > please post your comments about its feasibility.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rohan
> >

> The big question is "in real time?".
>
> Do you want to do this in C ?
>
> So, Yea but, is your answer.

0
werty (556)

info about embedding code in DSP processor
Hello I am trying to develop an application for X-ray vision, where I will do the coding in Matlab and then embed the code into a DSP processor, which can be utlilised for Real Time operations and can be attached to a camera. Can anyone guide me; 1. What toolbox I need to have? 2. Which DSP processor would be useful for such application? 3. Has anyone done something similar? Thanks Vihang ...

Number format to be used in DSP processor
Hello, I need your help in the number format to be used. The input from the ADC is direct binary i.e most negative is representd by 0000 and 0 is represented by 0X8000 and positive number by 0x3fff (14 bit ADC) .. I will take this data and compute some parameter which will result in the number computed to be negative number like -5860 . This number i have to add 2000 times , How do i do this. i can use 32 bit register for the added number. what is the number format to be used???? waiting for reply with regards praveen praveen wrote: > Hello, > I need your help in the number format to...

Conversion from a MATLAB code to a C code used by a DSP processor
Hello, I need to implement image processing in a Digital Signal Processor. I have a code ready in MATLAB, I have tried using MATLAB Coder, but its unable to go past the first line: the imread() function. I have installed the C compiler from MATLAB and that is all. How do I go about the whole of the conversion process? Do I need to install something else? ...

DSP processor
Some questions; 1.Difference between ADSP2100 and TMS320c5x DSP processor.? 2. Difference between Fixed point and Floating Point DSP Processor and which one is faster and how? 3. How will you use fixed point processor for floating point arthimetics. sunil_paliwal@yahoo.com (sunil Dutt Paliwal) wrote in message news:<9d81deb7.0408292305.a720d3@posting.google.com>... > Some questions; > 1.Difference between ADSP2100 and TMS320c5x DSP processor.? 202897 > 2. Difference between Fixed point and Floating Point DSP Processor and > which one is faster and how? Fixed point process...

Has anybody used embedded Linux on a single TI 67Xx DSP?
Dear all, Anyone succeeded in installing TinyOS or similar OS in a TI67xx DSP (in particular TMS320C6727)? My final purpose is to install Corba and/or IEEE1451 in a custom board with 6727 DSP as the single microprocessor. Thanks, mi1980 --------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com ...

Which DSP to use?
Hi, I'm just starting on a project which requires signal processing and I really don't know where to start in terms of choosing a DSP. I'm after a DSP that can take in minimum of 3 analogue input signals, convert it to digital and then modulate and mix those 3 signals (software program it) into a single one and output it as an analogue signal. I can find cheap DSPs which have the ADC but not the DAC. I've also found audio codecs which have both type of converters but not enough flexibility to process the signals ie(http://www.analog.com/en/subCat/ 0,2879,765%255F803%255F0%255F...

Dsp
To do well dsp what areas of math I must know well, and also what dsp starter kit for learning you would recommend me? Dave Dave wrote: > To do well dsp what areas of math I must know well, and also what dsp > starter kit for learning you would recommend me? > > Dave > Try this page: www.dspguru.com And check out the beginner books section. Rick Lyons' book is an excellent place to start. R I recommend following Math area: Probability , statistics, random theory DSP kit: ADSP 2181, SHARC, TMS 320C54xx ArunKumar "Dave" <davecle@SoftHome.net> wr...

Anyone using the Ultra Low Power audio DSP's in non audio applcations?
I'm referring to the Ultra Low Power DSP's customized for hearing aids and headsets, they are very small, very fast processors and use very little power (0.05mW/MIPS) and run on 1.2 volts, quite impressive here is one http://www.amis.com/products/dsp/belasigna_200.html CoolFlux in another one, but they only license the cores www.coolfluxdsp.com I'm just becoming familar with these type of processors, although they appear to have hardwired semi programmable filters (coprocessor), it also seems to have a generic DSP,RAM, A/D, D/A etc, but not much details on the site (no data she...

DSP Group TeakLite DSP Board
I've pulled a DSP Group Teak Lite DSP development board out of the bin at work. It's about 3-4 years old. Their web site asks you to login before you can look at docs an support S/W etc. Does anyone have an old support login for this site? Cheers, Alfie. ...

/dev/dsp... how to target different dsp ?
i'm using xmms... and after doing a cvsup/rebuild from (8.0-release) to: FreeBSD elhdt.hoe 8.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 8.1-PRERELEASE #3: Sat Jun 12 15:39:04 PDT 2010 root@elhdt:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386 xmms nolonger works... and i think that problem is that 8.1-pre- release can now see additional sound devices that weren't seen before... my problem, is how do i get xmms working again (i think, rebind the /dev/dsp device?) how to bind /dev/dsp to a different beast.... elhdt# ls -l /dev/dsp crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 117 Jun 18 13:07 /dev/dsp elhdt# ls -l /dev/dsp* crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 111 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp0.0 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 117 Jun 18 13:07 /dev/dsp0.1 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 90 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp1.0 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 89 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp2.0 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 88 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp3.0 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 87 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp4.0 hmm... clearly, devfs is synthesizing the response to the stat for /dev/dsp by the first ls -l, and the second shows that /dev/dsp is not really there, (the shell expansion of '*' doesn't see it) - so /dev/dsp is probably some sort of artificial virtual object synthesized by devfs. my problem is this. i want to bind to the dsp3.0 (pcm3) equivalent device, and not the pcm equivalent device (i think). how can i do this ? any help or suggestions would be appreciated! elh...

Which DSP vendor has the best DSP architecture and why?
There are 4 major supplier of general purpose DSPs; Agere, TI, Analog Devices and Motorola. Which DSP vendor has the best DSP architecture(s), DSPs, tools, support and why? Thanks.........dp On 19 Dec 2003 19:25:35 -0800, petkevich@yahoo.com (dp) wrote: >There are 4 major supplier of general purpose DSPs; Agere, TI, Analog >Devices and Motorola. Which DSP vendor has the best DSP >architecture(s), DSPs, tools, support and why? > >Thanks.........dp Your question tickled me. It's like asking, "Who makes the best gasoline-powered vehicle, who has the best maintenan...

AM demodulation using DSP
hi! i want to demodulate AM signal digitally... i want to use a digital filter to separate the carrier and the informatio signal. i've searched a lot...and i haven't found the answer. can anyone help?please... thx... -chris(c1910)- _____________________________________ Do you know a company who employs DSP engineers? Is it already listed at http://dsprelated.com/employers.php ? c1910 wrote: > hi! > i want to demodulate AM signal digitally... And I want $100. > i want to use a digital filter to separate the carrier and the information > signal. Sure. As for me, th...

Scalability of DSP Processors !
Hi everyone, can anyone tell me what does the scalability of DSP processors mean. is it related to the MIPS of processor with per instruction or related to functionality of the processor such as how much operations a procressor can perform. please reply, thanks ...

DSP Processor Tools
We have 2 applications ,one with Tiger SHARC and another with SHARC processor. We are planning to purchase development tools and Emulators for the above processors. Is one VisualDSP++ software development tool is enough for the applications? or we need to purchase seperately for both? Can anybody suggest USB based Emulator which supports both the processors? ravi wrote: > We have 2 applications ,one with Tiger SHARC and another with SHARC > processor. We are planning to purchase development tools and Emulators > for the above processors. > > Is one VisualDSP++ software dev...

which DSP?
Hello, I have a Yakumo Hypersound 128 MP3-Player and would like to modify the firmware. Can anybody tell we, which DSP is used? Thank you in advance, Daniel ...

about DSP
Can anyone tell me about the application of DSP in telecommunication? Do you have any technology involved? Thanks <laura_pretty05@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:1142355397.631224.60760@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone tell me about the application of DSP in telecommunication? Yes - it's used all over the place in telecom. Any time you have discrete signals (digitized signals) and they undergo any sort of processing - that's DSP...and there's plenty of that in telecommunication. > Do you have any technology involved? Thanks What do you mean? Clearly...

dsp.SignalSource not found (dsp System Toolbox is available)
Hi, I'm trying to run the code available here: http://www.mathworks.com/help/dsp/ref/dsp.cicdecimatorclass.html I keep on getting the error : Undefined variable "dsp" or class "dsp.SignalSource". I have dsp System Toolbox Version 8.2 , and I can use other objects inside the DSP package but not SignalSource. Any idea why? Thanks in advance "H Hachem" <hhachem00@gmail.com> wrote in message <kg0mvb$p2b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > I'm trying to run the code available here: http://www.mathworks.com/help/dsp/ref/dsp.cicdecimatorclass.html > I keep on getting the error : > Undefined variable "dsp" or class "dsp.SignalSource". > I have dsp System Toolbox Version 8.2 , and I can use other objects inside the DSP package but not SignalSource. Any idea why? > > Thanks in advance I just checked the supported versions. Signalsource is only supported in R2012b, I have R2012a :/ ...

Fixed Point DSP Vs Floating Point DSP
Hi, I searched the internet to find out the difference between a fixed point & a floating point DSP. To my surprise, I did not find a well defined difference. Plz, can anyone differentiate between the two so that a layman can also understand ? Thanx in advance... Sandeep Chikkerur wrote: > > Hi, > > I searched the internet to find out the difference between a fixed > point & a floating point DSP. > To my surprise, I did not find a well defined difference. > > Plz, can anyone differentiate between the two so that a layman can > also understand ? > > Thanx in advance... A fixed-point DSP does only fixed-point arithmetic, and usually has hardware to facilitate multiplication. A floating-point DSP has extra hardware for floating-point addition and multiplication (addition is a bit more involved than multiplication) and often omits the hardware to facilitate fixed-poing multiplication. Expect some difference in the size of a few registers. A matter of curiosity (mine): What difference had you imagined? Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. ����������������������������������������������������������������������� In article <d5d88eb5.0306260219.36f87462@posting.google.com>, sandeep_mc81@yahoo.com says... > Hi, > > I searched the internet to find out the difference between a fixed > point & a floating point DSP. > To my surprise, I did not find a wel...

Should I use microprocessor or FPGA for DSP?
I have some algorithms to implement to hardware. And I am very new in hardware implementation. What I understand is microprocessor(C/C++) and FPGA(VHDL) are both technology widely used in DSP. What should I consider when I want to choose which of them to be used? Which one is the best in terms of performance, speed, power consumption, cost, time to market and etc. I have tried to google my question, however, most of companies are hard selling their product. Hope someone can clarify. Thanks in advance. >I have some algorithms to implement to hardware. And I am very new in >hardware impl...

Got DSP? Senior DSP Communications Engineer-Relo available
Senior Digital Communications Engineer My client, located here in the Silicon Valley, is looking for a talented individual to join the Signal Processing Systems Engineering Team to work concurrently on various state-of-the-art communications systems, both internally and externally. Job Responsibilities This person will possess a range of skills that encompass both broad and deep expertise in the digital communications application space at the systems level in addition to having the skills required to implement the various functions in these systems. The successful candidate will ...

Scalability of DSP Processors ! #3
Hi everybody, can anyone tell me what does the scalability of DSP processors mean. is it related to the MIPS of processor with per instruction or related to functionality of the processor such as how much operations a procressor can perform. If any one have other issues relates to this feature of DSP Processors plz share with me. thanks "prithvi" <prithvi.in@gmail.com> writes: > Hi everybody, > can anyone tell me what does the scalability of DSP > processors mean. is it related to the MIPS of processor with per > instructi...

DSP Processors supported by LabVIEW
Greetings, I am looking for some Good DSP Processors for Image Processing Applications for Personel use. can anyone suggest me a good Processor Board Supported by LV that is quite economical. I have seen some processors from NI that is quite expensive for personel Use and not affordable for students . &nbsp; Regards, Sundar. Thanks Kevin, What about the other abundandly available processsors such as ARM, AD . Is there a support expected from NI soon for them . Or do we depend or other tools for development purposes.. Regards, Sundar. ...

Why use DSP builder over HDL?
I know this group may be biased, given that it's a VHDL forum, but I thought Id ask for opinions from people who may have been in a similar situation. It has come to a point where management are insisting all implementation is done in Simulink/DSP builder, rather than hand coded HDL. Ive been using DSP builder in simulink a week now, and all I feel is like its come full circle back to schematic entry that many people abandoned for HDL input years ago. We lose the ability for auto- documention of changes via version control, but it appears we gain commonality inside a single environment a...

Dsp Processors with Labview Support
Greetings, I am looking for some Good DSP Processors for Image Processing Applications for Personel use. can anyone suggest me a good Processor Board Supported by LV that is quite economical. I have seen some processors from NI that is quite expensive for personel Use and not affordable for students . &nbsp; Regards, Sundar. Hi Sundar, Are you using LabVIEW DSP module? The LabVIEW DSP Module currently supports the following four DSP evaluation boards: - NI SPEEDY-33 - Texas Instruments TMS320C6713 DSK - Texas Instruments TMS320C6711 DSK - Texas Instruments TMS320C6416 DSK Refer to <a href="http://www.ni.com/dsp/lv_dsp_supp_hw.htm#" target="_blank">LabVIEW DSP Supported Hardware Target</a>s for more details about these evaluation boards. Currently, the LabVIEW DSP Module does not support custom DSP hardware even if the hardware has similar or identical peripherals to the supported targets listed above. Regards,Stanley HuNational InstrumentsApplications Engineeringhttp://www.ni.com/support <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;view=by_date_ascending&amp;message.id=303222#M303222" target="_blank">Duplicate Post.</a> Please don't create a new message thread with the same question.&nbsp; It causes multiple responses from people who may not have seen the other thread. ...

Web resources about - DSP using a non DSP processor - comp.arch.embedded

Processor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ARM Announces Cortex-A32 IoT and Embedded Processor
Today ARM announces the new Cortex A32 ultra-low efficiency processor IP. For some readers this might come as a surprise as it's only been a ...

Apple captured 21% of smartphone processors, 31% of tablet CPUs in 2015
Although the smartphone and tablet processor markets actually declined year-over-year in 2015, Apple managed to capture large shares of both ...

Is D-Wave’s quantum processor really 10⁸ times faster than a normal computer?
One of D-Wave's chips, circa 2011. (credit: D-Wave) We have been following D-Wave's claims about its quantum hardware at Ars for a number of ...

Mobileye’s Little Chip Outguns Processors in Auto ‘ADAS,’ Observes Bernstein
Analysts Mark Li , Mark Newman , and Stacy Rasgon this morning offer a team report claiming that “ automotive is the next battlefield for semis,” ...

AMD Zen processors will have 32 cores and Symmetrical Multi-Threading
We seem to have hit something of a ceiling when it comes to the raw speed of processors; things are now progressing rather more slowing than ...

Toshiba Launches New Line-up of Image Recognition Processors for Monocular Cameras
Toshiba expands its TMPV760 series line-up of image recognition processors for automotive applications which is suited to monocular cameras in ...

Faster Raspberry Pi 3 available with 64-bit processor, Wi-Fi
Raspberry Pi is now shipping the Raspberry Pi 3 computer, which at the same $35 price as its Pi 2 predecessor packs a more powerful 64-bit CPU, ...

How Intel’s Skylake processors will supercharge your Mac
Here’s what makes those Skylake processors so special, and how they’re going to bring greater performance, graphics, and battery life to your ...

Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 820 processor powers Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
Samsung Electronics' recently-announced Galaxy S7 and S7 edge feature the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor with integrated Snapdragon X12 LTE ...