If you looking for computer hardware...low cost computers...

Easy way to find what you need, or find answer on your problems about
hardware...
http://comp-hardware.blogspot.com/
0
gile83 (12)
5/13/2008 8:59:19 PM
comp.arch.embedded 20047 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Low cost OTS embedded computer with Etherrnet and discrete I/O?
I am looking for a low-cost computer platform with discrete I/O capabilitiy and an Ethernet interface. I need something in a box / mechanical enclosure ready to use in an industrial setting. The application is simple, not very processor intensive, process some inputs and transmit an IP / Ethernet packet; receive a packet and drive some outputs. Unfortunately it is very custom application. I either need a powerful scripting interface or the ability to write my own application. I would prefer not design any custom hardware or mechanicals as the quantity does not justify it. If I could find ...

K12> [WWWEDU] [NetGold] INTERNET ACCESS : DIGITAL DIVIDE: Low-Cost Computers and Computer Substitutes for Those Not Connected
From: NetHappenings Moderator Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:30:00 -0500 To: comp.internet.net-happenings Subject: K12> [WWWEDU] [NetGold] INTERNET ACCESS : DIGITAL DIVIDE: Low-Cost Computers and Computer Substitutes for Those Not Connected ************************************************************** Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround ************************************************************** To: The World Wide Web in Education List <wwwedu@yahoogroups.com> From: "David P. Dillard" <jwne@astro.ocis.temple.edu> Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:35:22 ...

Looking for some computer hardware?
You need informations about hardware, about computers, about configurations... try to find your ansewer on... http://comp-hardware.blogspot.com/ In article <15f9b977-deac-4bd7-8758-572c4887e86b@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, "gile83@gmail.com" <gile83@gmail.com> wrote: > You need informations about hardware, about computers, about > configurations... try to find your ansewer on... > http://comp-hardware.blogspot.com/ Can I trust the judgment of someone who spells the plural of CPU as CPU-s, not to mention the other spelling blunders in this ad? Um ... no. -- Timberwoof <me at timberwoof dot com> http://www.timberwoof.com "When you post sewage, don't blame others for emptying chamber pots in your direction." �Chris L. Timberwoof wrote: > In article > <15f9b977-deac-4bd7-8758-572c4887e86b@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, > "gile83@gmail.com" <gile83@gmail.com> wrote: > >> You need informations about hardware, about computers, about >> configurations... try to find your ansewer on... >> http://comp-hardware.blogspot.com/ > > Can I trust the judgment of someone who spells the plural of CPU as > CPU-s, not to mention the other spelling blunders in this ad? > > Um ... no. > You realize you're responding to a spammer that will never read your response, don't you? Noobs.... ...

You need informations about hardware, about computers, about configurations... try to find your ansewer on... http://comp-hardware.blogspot.com/ gile83@gmail.com wrote: > You need informations about hardware, about computers, about > configurations... try to find your ansewer on... > http://comp-hardware.blogspot.com/ or, http://pricewatch.com and buy a full combo that is tested. ...

Looking for some computer hardware?
You need informations about hardware, about computers, about configurations... try to find your ansewer on... http://comp-hardware.blogspot.com/ ...

Looking for some computer hardware?
You need informations about hardware, about computers, about configurations... try to find your ansewer on... http://comp-hardware.blogspot.com/ ...

Looking for some computer hardware?
You need informations about hardware, about computers, about configurations... try to find your ansewer on... http://comp-hardware.blogspot.com/ ...

[News] GNU/Linux in Macedonia as Example of Low-cost and Low-power Computing
Poor nations gain more choices in computing ,----[ Quote ] | The NComputing system cuts costs tremendously. The cost per child of each | NComputing system, for seven users, is $70 each, in a system running at just | 1 watt per user. `---- http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/15/AR2008031502051.html Latest SEC filing from Microsoft: http://www. microsoft.com/msft/SEC/default.mspx “A prominent example of open source software is the Linux operating system... To the extent open source software gains increasing market acceptance, sales of our products may decline, ...

Computer hardware answers what you looking for...
You need informations about hardware, about computers, about configurations... try to find your answer on... http://comp-hardware.blogspot.com/ On Jan 12, 2:42 pm, "wask...@gmail.com" <wask...@gmail.com> wrote: > You need informations about hardware, about computers, about > configurations... try to find your answer on...http://comp-hardware.blogspot.com/ And if you believe that, I have a large bridge that crosses the Hudson River that I would like to sell you...... CT the SuperSalesman ...

Computer to Computer chat
Hello, I have just started understanding WinSock and I'm wondering how to make a program talk to another computer through the internet? I have the other's IP address, though both computers are on networks (I couldn't seem to get any example codes to work with my computer, I think it was because of the router...) I know the port that I will be talking through and listening on. I just want this program to send simple messages that will be understood on the other side. i.e let p! = program 1 let P2 = program 2 P1 -> P2: msg = TALK P2 -> P1: msg = CONFIRM P1 -> P2...

Computer hardware answers what you looking for...
try to find your answer on... http://comp-hardware.blogspot.com/ ...

Computer hardware answers what you looking for...
try to find your answer on... http://comp-hardware.blogspot.com/ ...

Computer Rent to Own Installed Spyware with unremovable hardware in computer.
If you installed a new version of Windows XP, Vista or 7 windows device manager would automagically download the firmware drivers so the hardware could still spy on the family and/or you. PITTSBURGH � A major furniture rental chain has software on its computers that lets it track the keystrokes, screenshots and even webcam images of customers while they use the devices at home, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday. The lawsuit was filed on behalf of a Wyoming couple who said they learned about the PC Rental Agent "device and/or software" inside the computer they rented last year when an Aaron's Inc. store manager in Casper came to their home on Dec. 22. The manager tried to repossess the computer because he mistakenly believed the couple hadn't finished paying for it, the couple said. Brian Byrd, 26, said the manager showed him a picture of Byrd using the computer � taken by the computer's webcam. The image was shot with the help of spying software, which the lawsuit contends is made by North East, Pa.-based Designerware LLC and is installed on all Aaron's rental computers. "It feels like we were pretty much invaded, like somebody else was in our house," Byrd told The Associated Press in an exclusive telephone interview, the day before the suit was filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Erie. "It's a weird feeling, I can't really describe it. I ha...

Computer hardware answers what you looking for...
try to find your answer on... http://comp-hardware.blogspot.com/ ...

Computer to Computer chat
Hello, I have just started understanding WinSock and I'm wondering how to make a program talk to another computer through the internet? I have the other's IP address, though both computers are on networks (I couldn't seem to get any example codes to work with my computer, I think it was because of the router...) I know the port that I will be talking through and listening on. I just want this program to send simple messages that will be understood on the other side. i.e let p! = program 1 let P2 = program 2 P1 -> P2: msg = TALK P2 -> P1: msg = CONFIRM P1 -> P2...

LOW PRICE Used Computer Hardware
I have many used computer parts in very very good condition for sale and I am wondering if you are interested in buying any of them. The list is included below: - TigerPro 300W Power Supply - Pentium 4 Mother Board (Not Sure Which Speed But It is atleast 1.3 Ghz and Probably Much More) - PC-133 128 Megabyte RAM - PC-133 128 Megabyte RAM - PC-100 128 Megabyte RAM - Western Digital 30.7 GIG Hard Drive - AFREEY 50X CD-ROM Drive - DVD-ROM Drive (Not Sure Which Speed) - 1.44 Megabyte Floppy Drive - Sound Blaster Live! Card: Creative Labs Model Number: CT4830 - V-DATA 23MB XP-2800 Graphics Card - Intel NIC/Ethernet Card - Creative 56k Modem Card - Creative 56k Modem Card Please let me know as soon as possible if you are interested in any of the above items. Please contact me via e-mail: mnm2004bft@alltel.net (I'm offering to sell someof these items for even less than 10 dollars!) Thank You! Mohammad ...

Computer hardware answers what you looking for... #2
You need informations about hardware, about computers, about configurations... try to find your answer on... http://comp-hardware.blogspot.com/ ...

Looking for a little embedded computer... Gumstix?
I've got the following hardware requirement: 2 x RS232 port Bluetooth (to talk to a mobile phone) Ethernet (speed irrelevant) USB (Controller) A small qwerty keyboard A small text LCD 640x480 Video output NTSC video output No particular processor power is required Low power dissipation Needs to fit into a box approx (mm) 100 x 50 x 150 I've designed loads of embedded hardware over the years but this project will involve some internet stuff, and the bluet**th ;) so we will be looking to make use of existing support and something like Linux would be essential. It would be nice to have something on which bluetooth actually works ;) There seems to be a wide choice of hardware out there. The Gumstix line is interesting but there appears to be no support contact details; just a developer mailing list. The video output requirement is a bit weird... we actually just need to drive the text LCD, and currently I am doing a part of this using a standard windoze XP machine with an 800x600 VGA output (DB15) driving a cheap ex-Ebay VGA to NTSC converter. The converter is not a great issue but is a significant size PCB and draws about 500mA at 9V. On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 10:27:30 +0100, Peter <nospam@nospam9876.com> wrote: >I've got the following hardware requirement: > >2 x RS232 port >Bluetooth (to talk to a mobile phone) >Ethernet (speed irrelevant) >USB (Controller) >A small qwerty keyboard >A small text LCD >640x480 Video output >NTSC v...

Computer hardware answers what you looking for... #2
You need informations about hardware, about computers, about configurations... try to find your answer on... http://comp-hardware.blogspot.com/ ...

look for computer parts to upgrade embedded PC
Hi! anyone wants computer parts to upgrade Pentium 3 motherboards: look in this sites: Pentium 3 1000 Mhz http://www.miau.pt/leiloes/leilao.jsp?offer_id=5695441 Intel PIII 1.13GHz/512Mb/133MHz-Tualatin ---> very good for servers: http://www.miau.pt/leiloes/leilao.jsp?offer_id=5597686 128 Mbytes Ram 133 Mhz: http://www.miau.pt/leiloes/leilao.jsp?offer_id=5697782 reagards, Fernando C. ...

TCL programming environment for embedded computers (like Raspberry PI, Beaglebone, Linux Industrial Computers...)
Hello, Programming embedded computers is not easy and requires good low-level programming knowledge. It is also time consuming process as well as expensive :( I was looking for middleware platform working both on Linux and Windows (Ce, Mobile, Xp, 7, Embedded, 8), and ....I found AOS - http://www.a-os.eu With AOS you can write scripts in TCL/Tk and run them on embedded devices. It works great. Using AOS i have already developed system running on 23 raspberry pi. AOS can be downloaded for free from www.a-os.eu. Free trial! ...

Low cost laser range finder with computer interface
I am looking for low cost ($200-$400) laser range finder with computer interface (RS232, USB etc). None of the low cost range finder I have found so far has computer interface.Do you know one with RS232 or USB interface? Nick a =E9crit : > I am looking for low cost ($200-$400) laser range finder with computer = > interface (RS232, USB etc). None of the low cost range finder I have fo= und=20 > so far has computer interface.Do you know one with RS232 or USB interfa= ce? Whay about specifications : range, resolution, Frequency ? Richard >=20 >=20 We use ...

Cheap, low megaherz Linux computer with embedded DSP
We are seeing lots of low-cost Linux laptops latetely, most of them with sub-Gigaherz processors. These are fine for simple tasks but not for watching video and audio/video streaming and editing. I was wondering if it would be possible to team up the CPU with a low-cost DSP by altering the Linux operating system and maybe even the applicatons in such a way that you can watch MPEG2 and MPEG4 video full screen and with a minimal usage of extra power. It is well known that Intel resisted the use of co-processor DSP's in the 90's, insisting that all audio and video processing had to be done by the CPU (and they did some arm wrestling to make sure). Now that vendors have a large amount of freedom with Linux, I wonder if this would be feasible or viable. Any thoughts? ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com ** On Oct 15, 9:45 am, "Dale Harris" <dhar...@mailinator.com> wrote: > We are seeing lots of low-cost Linux laptops latetely, most of them with > sub-Gigaherz processors. These are fine for simple tasks but not for > watching video and audio/video streaming and editing. Not good for editing, but they are fine for watching most video with a resolution appropriate to the screen size. My (original mobile, not Atom) EeePC chokes a bit on 1080p HD video, but then so does my desktop. > I was wondering if it > would be possible to team up the CPU with a low-cost DSP by altering the > Linux operating system and maybe even the ...

Web resources about - If you looking for computer hardware...low cost computers... - comp.arch.embedded

Computer Show

Brussels terrorist attacks: Police find 'will' on suspect's computer in hunt for airport, metro station ...
Police have a fresh lead in their investigation of the Brussels terror attacks: a computer belonging to one of the suicide bombers, containing ...

Brussels terrorist attacks: Police find 'will' on suspect's computer in hunt for airport, metro station ...
Police have a fresh lead in their investigation of the Brussels terror attacks: a computer belonging to one of the suicide bombers, containing ...

alt.legal: Can Computers Beat Humans At Law?
If artificial intelligence (AI) can beat the greatest strategy champions at their own games, will it reach a point where it can beat a lawyer ...

BBC Micro:bit computer lands in student hands today
Today, the BBC has begun shipping out its tiny Micro:bit programmable computers to Year 7 students in UK schools, and the devices will be arriving ...

Exclusive: We asked every member of Congress with a computer science degree about Apple's war with the ...
... all that many of them. Of the 535 members of Congress, BGR has only been able to identify four whose education background includes a computer ...

Apple worries that spy technology has been secretly added to the computer servers it buys
... of scale that Apple needs, such as Amazon, Facebook, Google and Microsoft. And most of these companies have spent decades creating custom computer ...

Biggest pay gap in America: Computer programmers
The tech industry's best jobs have a gender problem.