Multiple USB 1.1 devices in USB 2 Hub speed ?

Hi,

If I have a number of USB 1.1 devices plugged into a USB 2 Hub, can I
get the full 12MB/s  of each USB 1.1 device via the USB 2 link to a
host ? Or does the USB 2 link fall back to a 1.1 compatible mode ?

I am also looking for a Mini USB IP67 bulkhead connector. So far I
have found something from Samtec, Bulgin and the mil circular D38999
series, but all these options are very bulky. If I can get a similar
sized connector that can take through 2 or 3 USB links, then it will
not be so bad.

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

0
nobody62 (615)
7/16/2008 4:07:22 PM
comp.arch.embedded 20047 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Jul 16, 12:07 pm, Anton Erasmus <nob...@spam.prevent.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I have a number of USB 1.1 devices plugged into a USB 2 Hub, can I
> get the full 12MB/s  of each USB 1.1 device via the USB 2 link to a
> host ? Or does the USB 2 link fall back to a 1.1 compatible mode ?

Not sure what's your question, it is a bit confusing. The two
statements around the OR are equivalent.

Briefly:
High speed = 480 Mbps (USB 2.0)
Full Speed = 12Mbps (USB 1.1)
Low Speed = 1.5Mbps (USB 1.1)
USB 2.0 is backward compatible, so is the hub. It should support a mix
of devices.

So, yes, you get the 12Mbps full speed AND yes, the USB 2 link falls
back  to 1.1.

0
adrianbica (48)
7/16/2008 5:06:22 PM
"Adrian" <adrianbica@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Jul 16, 12:07 pm, Anton Erasmus <nob...@spam.prevent.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> If I have a number of USB 1.1 devices plugged into a USB 2 Hub, can I
>> get the full 12MB/s  of each USB 1.1 device via the USB 2 link to a
>> host ? Or does the USB 2 link fall back to a 1.1 compatible mode ?
>>

> Not sure what's your question, it is a bit confusing. The two
> statements around the OR are equivalent.
>
> Briefly:
> High speed = 480 Mbps (USB 2.0)
> Full Speed = 12Mbps (USB 1.1)
> Low Speed = 1.5Mbps (USB 1.1)
> USB 2.0 is backward compatible, so is the hub. It should support a mix
> of devices.
>
> So, yes, you get the 12Mbps full speed AND yes, the USB 2 link falls
> back  to 1.1.

And No, you don't get the 12 MB/s for each device. You still get 12 MB/s to
share.

Peter

On Jul 16, 4:18 pm, "Peter Dickerson"
<firstname.lastn...@REMOVE.tesco.net> wrote:
> "Adrian" <adrianb...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Jul 16, 12:07 pm, Anton Erasmus <nob...@spam.prevent.net> wrote:
> >> Hi,
>
> >> If I have a number of USB 1.1 devices plugged into a USB 2 Hub, can I
> >> get the full 12MB/s  of each USB 1.1 device via the USB 2 link to a
> >> host ? Or does the USB 2 link fall back to a 1.1 compatible mode ?
>
> > Not sure what's your question, it is a bit confusing. The two
> > statements around the OR are equivalent.
>
> > Briefly:
> > High speed = 480 Mbps (USB 2.0)
> > Full Speed = 12Mbps (USB 1.1)
> > Low Speed = 1.5Mbps (USB 1.1)
> > USB 2.0 is backward compatible, so is the hub. It should support a mix
> > of devices.
>
> > So, yes, you get the 12Mbps full speed AND yes, the USB 2 link falls
> > back  to 1.1.
>
> And No, you don't get the 12 MB/s for each device. You still get 12 MB/s to
> share.
>
> Peter

The 12 Mbps (not MB) is the bit speed, it is not the actual bandwidth
consumed by a device. Usually devices consume more less than that. As
long as the sum of the Bandwidth of each device is less than 12000, it
is ok.
It is the Host controller who manages the bandwidth and places the
devices endpoints on proper frames. It also decides what to do when
the Bandwidth was reached, but this has nothing to do with the
presence of a 2.0 hub.
0
adrianbica (48)
7/16/2008 8:47:21 PM
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:18:30 +0100, "Peter Dickerson"
<firstname.lastname@REMOVE.tesco.net> wrote:

>"Adrian" <adrianbica@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Jul 16, 12:07 pm, Anton Erasmus <nob...@spam.prevent.net> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> If I have a number of USB 1.1 devices plugged into a USB 2 Hub, can I
>>> get the full 12MB/s  of each USB 1.1 device via the USB 2 link to a
>>> host ? Or does the USB 2 link fall back to a 1.1 compatible mode ?
>>>

>> Not sure what's your question, it is a bit confusing. The two
>> statements around the OR are equivalent.
>>
>> Briefly:
>> High speed = 480 Mbps (USB 2.0)
>> Full Speed = 12Mbps (USB 1.1)
>> Low Speed = 1.5Mbps (USB 1.1)
>> USB 2.0 is backward compatible, so is the hub. It should support a mix
>> of devices.
>>
>> So, yes, you get the 12Mbps full speed AND yes, the USB 2 link falls
>> back  to 1.1.
>
>And No, you don't get the 12 MB/s for each device. You still get 12 MB/s to
>share.

Thanks, this what I needed to know. So if I need to combine 6 full
speed devices into one High speed channel, I would need something with
6  1.1 host ports and one 2.0 device port. Are there any chipsets
available that does this kind of thing? I have six USB 1.1 devices
(FTDI chips in FIFO mode) each needing to send data at 3 Mbps to
a host PC. The PC has 6 USB ports, but I need to take these through a
sealed bulkhead, and the connectors I can get is to big to fit 6 of
them. So I either need to get smaller IP-67 sealed USB connectors, or
a way to combine the data into a single channel. I might be able to
fit 2 USB connectors in which case the Full Speed limit per channel
should be OK.

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

0
nobody62 (615)
7/16/2008 9:41:27 PM
On Jul 16, 5:41 pm, Anton Erasmus <nob...@spam.prevent.net> wrote:
> Thanks, this what I needed to know. So if I need to combine 6 full
> speed devices into one High speed channel, I would need something with
> 6  1.1 host ports and one 2.0 device port.

Basically, yes, but you need 2 host controllers to take care of those
this devices, one would not be enough, because of the high bandwidth
( 6 x 3Mbps). This should be two independent controllers, not a
controller with 2 ports, those just have an internal (root) hub. And
be sure the 2.0 device controller is a real 2.0, many controllers
pretend they are 2.0 but limited to full speed.

> available that does this kind of thing? I have six USB 1.1 devices
> (FTDI chips in FIFO mode) each needing to send data at 3 Mbps to
> a host PC. The PC has 6 USB ports, but I need to take these through a
> sealed bulkhead, and the connectors I can get is to big to fit 6 of
> them. So I either need to get smaller IP-67 sealed USB connectors, or
> a way to combine the data into a single channel. I might be able to
> fit 2 USB connectors in which case the Full Speed limit per channel
> should be OK.

The PC also should have more than one internal USB host controllers,
if it is just a hub, it won't do the job.

> Regards
>   Anton Erasmus

0
adrianbica (48)
7/16/2008 11:55:14 PM
Hello Anton,

> If I have a number of USB 1.1 devices plugged into a USB 2 Hub, can I
> get the full 12MB/s  of each USB 1.1 device via the USB 2 link

Yes.

> Or does the USB 2 link fall back to a 1.1 compatible mode ?

No. It would do that with a full speed Hub, but not with a high speed
(2.0) Hub.

All the other posts in this thread are wrong. A USB 2.0 hub is an
intelligent device which will repack the high speed communication coming
from the host and resend it as full/low speed on its downstream ports.

If you want to read about the details, see sections 11.1.1 and 11.14 of the
USB 2.0 Spec (Hub Transaction Translator). USB 2.0 Hubs must be able to
translate between high speed hosts and low/full speed donwstream devices.

> So if I need to combine 6 full speed devices into one High speed
> channel, I would need something with 6 1.1 host ports and one 2.0
> device port.

You need one high speed port on your host and one high speed Hub with 6
downstream ports.

Peter

0
pp2115 (16)
7/17/2008 7:23:42 AM
Anton Erasmus ha scritto:
> If I have a number of USB 1.1 devices plugged into a USB 2 Hub, can I
> get the full 12MB/s  of each USB 1.1 device via the USB 2 link to a
> host ?

yes, if the hub is " _multiple_ Transaction Translator"

 > Or does the USB 2 link fall back to a 1.1 compatible mode ?

yes, if the hub is " _single_ Transaction Translator"

regards
0
die.spam1 (16)
7/17/2008 12:59:05 PM
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:55:14 -0700 (PDT), Adrian
<adrianbica@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Jul 16, 5:41 pm, Anton Erasmus <nob...@spam.prevent.net> wrote:
>> Thanks, this what I needed to know. So if I need to combine 6 full
>> speed devices into one High speed channel, I would need something with
>> 6  1.1 host ports and one 2.0 device port.
>
>Basically, yes, but you need 2 host controllers to take care of those
>this devices, one would not be enough, because of the high bandwidth
>( 6 x 3Mbps). This should be two independent controllers, not a
>controller with 2 ports, those just have an internal (root) hub. And
>be sure the 2.0 device controller is a real 2.0, many controllers
>pretend they are 2.0 but limited to full speed.
>
>> available that does this kind of thing? I have six USB 1.1 devices
>> (FTDI chips in FIFO mode) each needing to send data at 3 Mbps to
>> a host PC. The PC has 6 USB ports, but I need to take these through a
>> sealed bulkhead, and the connectors I can get is to big to fit 6 of
>> them. So I either need to get smaller IP-67 sealed USB connectors, or
>> a way to combine the data into a single channel. I might be able to
>> fit 2 USB connectors in which case the Full Speed limit per channel
>> should be OK.
>>

>The PC also should have more than one internal USB host controllers,
>if it is just a hub, it won't do the job.

Thanks, I did not think of this. Is an internal USB hub the norm for
PCs, or is it normally more than one host controller ?

Regards
  Anton Erasmus
0
nobody62 (615)
7/17/2008 7:54:15 PM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:23:42 +0200, "Peter Petersen" <pp@on-time.de>
wrote:

>Hello Anton,
>
>> If I have a number of USB 1.1 devices plugged into a USB 2 Hub, can I
>> get the full 12MB/s  of each USB 1.1 device via the USB 2 link
>
>Yes.
>
>> Or does the USB 2 link fall back to a 1.1 compatible mode ?
>
>No. It would do that with a full speed Hub, but not with a high speed
>(2.0) Hub.
>
>All the other posts in this thread are wrong. A USB 2.0 hub is an
>intelligent device which will repack the high speed communication coming
>from the host and resend it as full/low speed on its downstream ports.
>
>If you want to read about the details, see sections 11.1.1 and 11.14 of the
>USB 2.0 Spec (Hub Transaction Translator). USB 2.0 Hubs must be able to
>translate between high speed hosts and low/full speed donwstream devices.
>
>> So if I need to combine 6 full speed devices into one High speed
>> channel, I would need something with 6 1.1 host ports and one 2.0
>> device port.
>
>You need one high speed port on your host and one high speed Hub with 6
>downstream ports.

This is good news.

Thanks for the info.

Regards
  Anton Erasmus
0
nobody62 (615)
7/17/2008 7:56:46 PM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:59:05 +0200, lowcost <die.spam@invalid.com>
wrote:

>Anton Erasmus ha scritto:
>> If I have a number of USB 1.1 devices plugged into a USB 2 Hub, can I
>> get the full 12MB/s  of each USB 1.1 device via the USB 2 link to a
>> host ?
>
>yes, if the hub is " _multiple_ Transaction Translator"
>
> > Or does the USB 2 link fall back to a 1.1 compatible mode ?
>
>yes, if the hub is " _single_ Transaction Translator"

I have never seen this on the spec sheet of a USB Hub. Not that one
get much in the way of documentation with these type of products.
Are there any reputable manufacturers of USB hubs which gives these
sort of specs, and which wil operate from -20 deg C to 85 deg C ?

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

0
nobody62 (615)
7/17/2008 7:59:16 PM
On Jul 17, 3:54 pm, Anton Erasmus <nob...@spam.prevent.net> wrote:

> Thanks, I did not think of this. Is an internal USB hub the norm for
> PCs, or is it normally more than one host controller ?
>
> Regards
>   Anton Erasmus

Usually, computers have more than one USB controllers. You can see
this in Device Manager, under USB Controllers section. The host
controllers are listed there, as well as the root hubs, normally one
per controller. Have to find the link between connectors and
controllers.
However, the other answers are correct, a 2.0 Hub will convert the
speed from Full to High. (Sorry for misinformation, what I was saying
is true for Full speed hubs, they use the actual speed of the device.
I didn't play too much with 2.0 hubs. My bad.) In this case looks like
you can use a hub and do not worry about speed because it is
translated to High speed. Not sure if you can find a 2.0 hub with 6
ports, and I'm not sure if the hub has a host controller for each port
or uses one for all (which will give you the same bandwidth problem).
But, if you use 2 hubs with 3 devices on each, that would be ok.
0
adrianbica (48)
7/17/2008 9:01:00 PM
Anton Erasmus ha scritto:
> I have never seen this on the spec sheet of a USB Hub. Not that one
> get much in the way of documentation with these type of products.
> Are there any reputable manufacturers of USB hubs which gives these
> sort of specs, and which wil operate from -20 deg C to 85 deg C ?

google (all words): usb hub multi TT

regards
0
die.spam1 (16)
7/17/2008 9:17:24 PM
In article <109v74hdgrm1k8vfp1ngmpagp5c4tcanhu@4ax.com>,
nobody@spam.prevent.net says...
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:59:05 +0200, lowcost <die.spam@invalid.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Anton Erasmus ha scritto:
> >> If I have a number of USB 1.1 devices plugged into a USB 2 Hub, can I
> >> get the full 12MB/s  of each USB 1.1 device via the USB 2 link to a
> >> host ?
> >
> >yes, if the hub is " _multiple_ Transaction Translator"
> >
> > > Or does the USB 2 link fall back to a 1.1 compatible mode ?
> >
> >yes, if the hub is " _single_ Transaction Translator"
> >

> I have never seen this on the spec sheet of a USB Hub. Not that one
> get much in the way of documentation with these type of products.
> Are there any reputable manufacturers of USB hubs which gives these
> sort of specs, and which wil operate from -20 deg C to 85 deg C ?

Not that difficult to do your own!

Look at NXP ISP1520 4 port Multiple transaction USB2.0 hub in ONE device.
They also do a SEVEN port device. This would suit person with 6 x FTDI
devices. You would have to check temp specs, myu spec says -40 to +70,
but find out if they do an industrial/automotive grade part.

ISP1520 can be used with no EEPROM or anything much else. Made a 3 port
one from it for one design where it was on board with rest of circuitry.
One of the ports was a permanently connected FTDI device.

<http://www.pcserviceselectronics.co.uk/>    PC Services
<http://www.pcserviceselectronics.co.uk/fonts/> Timing Diagram Font
<http://www.gnuh8.org.uk/>  GNU H8 - compiler & Renesas H8/H8S/H8 Tiny
<http://www.badweb.org.uk/> For those web sites you hate
0
paul1079 (318)

HP PSC1210 USB 1.1 or USB 2?
Hi all, is this printer USB 1.1 or USB 2?? Everywhere I go to find this out, it only tells me its USB Which doesnt tell me a hell of a lot lol. Any info appreciated Cheers From the truly sketchy information on the HP web site, I would have to guess that the PSC1210 supports USB 1.1 and takes advantage of the higher throughput of USB 2.0. HP supports the product (drivers, etc) running with Windows 98, which, for all intents and purposes, knows nothing about USB 2.0... Ben Myers On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:19:08 +1300, "Paul" <goneouttolunch@home.com> wrote: >Hi all, is this printer USB 1.1 or USB 2?? > >Everywhere I go to find this out, it only tells me its USB > >Which doesnt tell me a hell of a lot lol. > >Any info appreciated > >Cheers > > Ta Ben. I finally got a tech online to chat with. And yup he said its definitely 1.1 and USB2. So, it'll make use of USB2 if u have USB 2 ports and a USB2 cable. <ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers)> wrote in message news:41efbc8a.5083615@nntp.charter.net... > From the truly sketchy information on the HP web site, I would have to > guess > that the PSC1210 supports USB 1.1 and takes advantage of the higher > throughput > of USB 2.0. HP supports the product (drivers, etc) running with Windows > 98, > which, for all intents and purposes, knows nothing about USB 2.0... Ben > Myers > > On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:19:08 +1300, "P...

how can you tell if you have usb 1.1 or usb 2
How can you tell from windows 2000 if you have a usb1.1 or usb2.0 connector? "Laura" <handl@mts.net> wrote in message news:e0ddcf8.0407291201.1dc73116@posting.google.com... > > How can you tell from windows 2000 if you have a > usb1.1 or usb2.0 connector? Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager. Then right click on the USB hub(s) and click Properties. Another way is to plug in a known USB 2.0 device into the port. The system will pop a warning if the port is USB 1.1. dk "Laura" > How can you tell from windows 2000 if you have a usb1.1 or usb2.0 connector? plug something into it that runs on USB 2.0. You'll get an error message. Pat Laura wrote: > How can you tell from windows 2000 if you have a usb1.1 or usb2.0 > connector? Connectors for USB are the same for USB 1.1 or 2. Win2K does not support USB2 unless an MS patch is applied http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319973 The link will answer your question. Even with the patch, it is up to the vendor to supply a Win2K compatible driver for USB2. Check that the USB device is in fact compatible. Q ...

"usb 7-1: reset low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2"
Hello. usb 7-1: reset low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2 Is this something to worry about in my KNOPPIX v6.4.4? Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "The foreign policy aim of ants can be summed up as follows: restless aggression, territorial conquest, and genocidal annihilation of neighboring colonies whenever possible. If ants had nuclear weapons, they would probably end the world in a week." --Journey to the Ants, page 59. Bert Holldobler & Edward O. Wilson /\___/\ Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ ...

USB 2-1.1 switching hub.
Is there such a thing as a switching hub? I.E. If I've got a USB2 port on a laptop, and want to connect 20 or so cheap webcams to it. (obviously with external power) The webcams pretty much saturate a 1.1 connection. (no, getting USB2 webcams is not possible, too expensive) -- http://inquisitor.i.am/ | mailto:inquisitor@i.am | Ian Stirling. ---------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------- If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is opinion. -- Robert A Heinlein. "Ian Stirling" <root@mauve.demon.co.uk> skrev i en meddelelse news:bjaqom$mmv$2$830fa78d@news.demon.co.uk... > Is there such a thing as a switching hub? > I.E. If I've got a USB2 port on a laptop, and want to connect 20 or so > cheap webcams to it. (obviously with external power) > The webcams pretty much saturate a 1.1 connection. There should be no problem as USB2 is fully backwards compatible with USB1.x. Zulu Zulu <zulu@toughn-o-s-p-a-mguy.net> wrote: > "Ian Stirling" <root@mauve.demon.co.uk> skrev i en meddelelse > news:bjaqom$mmv$2$830fa78d@news.demon.co.uk... >> Is there such a thing as a switching hub? >> I.E. If I've got a USB2 port on a laptop, and want to connect 20 or so >> cheap webcams to it. (obviously with external power) >> The webcams pretty much saturate a 1.1 connection. >...

laptop usb 1.1 + scanner usb 2.0 + modem ADSL = ?????!!!!!*****
I have a laptop with a single USB 1.1 port. My new scanner (Epson 3170 usb 2.0) works fine with it and so does my ADSL modem but both can't work together. I have tried to make them "cooperate" with a Sitecom Usb pocket hub which needs an external power adapter and of course it doesn't work without it; do you think it would work if I had one? Or is there any other possibility (Pcmcia/usb card for example)? Thank you for your future wise advice. Good chance powered hub will work, but not guaranteed. Is your modem USB only? If ethernet also, as one more option, y...

move ZFS mountpoint from USB 1.1 to USB 2.0 port
I created a mountpoint called /tdusb1 on a USB 1.1 port conncted to a 1TB LaCie hard drive. I discoverd that our system has a USB 2.0 port and want to move the logical mountpoint to a new physical USB port. How do I do it? Actually, I will need to do the same sort of thing from one Solaris 10 system to another in the future. I don't care about plug-and-play and hot swappable as long as I can read the same drive from different Sun systems. I assume that there are ZFS related commands for doing this but don't want to experiment too much as the USB hard drive already has valuable stuff ...

Compatibilit� USB 2.0 et USB 1.1 avec W2K ?
Bonjour Je rencontre un PB avec l'une de mes cl�s USB qui est USB 2.0 et qui bug lorsque je la connacte sur un hub USB 1.1 : je la "vois" sur le PC mais je ne peux y transf�rer quoique ce soit, malgr� l'installation des drivers sp�cifiques. Ayant constat� qu'avec XP, chaque fois que l'on connecte un p�riph�rique USB 2.0 sur un port 1.1 XP signale qu'il peux y avoir des porbl�mes, je vous drais savoir si cela existe aussi avec W2K. Merci d'avance Sorry Pegasus Mail is NOT USB 1.x or 2.0 compliant. Dave ;-) <John.Viel@caramail.rem...

What specification usb is in sgi 320 usb 1 or usb 2
looking at device connection using usb iceclown wrote: > looking at device connection using usb The SGI320 is too old for USB2. It has USB1 ports, which are not fully compatible with all USB devices... Better get an USB or USB2 PCI card... Benjamin thanks, come to think of it the fact it doesn't mention specification of usb port indicates early version ...

problem related to backward compatibility of usb 2.0 -> usb 1.1?
Hi, I've recently bought an external harddrive (Q - tec). It's great stuff. The hdd combines lot's of storage space and small dimensions with adequate speed because it runs on usb 2.0. Just plug it in and do whatever you feel like doing. Needless to say, I've grown attached to it. Then bad things started to happen. One night, my PC got fragged (cooked MCU on motherboard). As a result, I was forced to use my dad's computer in order to finish my work for school. It didn't have any usb 2.0 slots, so I had to make due with usb 1.1. I plugged it in, started Wi...

USB flash drive speed USB1.1 vs USB 2.0
My laptop's USB ports advertised to be USB 2.0 When I use one of them to transfer a 106 MegaByte folder of many subfolders and files to a Sandisk 256 MB flash drive it takes about fourty minutes 2.7 MegaBytes per Minute. Does this sound right for USB 2.0 or USB 1.1? The new laptop is not executing any other programs and the hard disk light is off. Big education for me. USB 1.1 and 2.0 are standards, not speeds. Each has a high speed and a low speed. To know what your peripheral is going to do you must ignore the 1.1 and 2.0 designations as meaningless. What counts is ...

Toshiba Satellite 2410-S185 / PS241U-851457 is NOT USB 2.0 as advertised. It is only USB 1.1
I purchased a Toshiba laptop 2410-S185 from CDW almost a year ago The system specs claimed to support USB 2.0. This didn�t seem to be the case when I tried to get it working. I eventually looked up the Intel Chipset at Intel�s website and found it DOES NOT support 2.0 (Intel Chipset 82801CA) I spent 4 hours on the phone with Toshiba before I was upgraded to a lvel two tech and convinced them of the problem. They told me �Thank you for letting us know the error in our documentation, I�ll have someone fix that for you� Of course there is NO WAY they�re going to get off the hook that easy. I can�t imagine how many of these they sold with such a major mistake. I have a feeling they�re just going to send me a usb2.0 pccard adapter. They BETTER do at least that much. I'd say it qualifies for a class action law suit. Not that I myself have the energy or motivation to take it that far. usenet@net-express.com.remove On Mon, 03 May 2004 21:15:19 -0500, Bastian <usenet@net-express.com> wrote: >I purchased a Toshiba laptop 2410-S185 from CDW almost a year ago > >The system specs claimed to support USB 2.0. >This didn�t seem to be the case when I tried to get it working. > >I eventually looked up the Intel Chipset at Intel�s website and found >it DOES NOT support 2.0 (Intel Chipset 82801CA) > >I spent 4 hours on the phone with Toshiba before I was upgraded to a >lvel two tech and convinced them of the problem. > >They told me �...

Toshiba Satellite 2410-S185 / PS241U-851457 is NOT USB 2.0 as advertised. It is only USB 1.1
I purchased a Toshiba laptop 2410-S185 from CDW almost a year ago The system specs claimed to support USB 2.0. This didn�t seem to be the case when I tried to get it working. I eventually looked up the Intel Chipset at Intel�s website and found it DOES NOT support 2.0 (Intel Chipset 82801CA) I spent 4 hours on the phone with Toshiba before I was upgraded to a lvel two tech and convinced them of the problem. They told me �Thank you for letting us know the error in our documentation, I�ll have someone fix that for you� Of course there is NO WAY they�re going to get off the hook that easy....

New Printer with USB 2.0 - Old PC with USB 1.1 Ports
I am FINALLY getting around to getting a new printer - but I have a 4 year old laptop that has two USB 1.1 ports. Will a new printer with a USB 2.0 connection work with my laptop? I heard it will - but will be slower than designed to be. I am planning on getting another HP OfficeJet (my old one lasted 7 years!!!!). Also, can I use a regular USB 1.1 cable? Is there a difference between USB cables (2.0 different than 1.1?). Thanks! Paula On 31 Jul 2006 17:25:13 -0700, pokee@shaw.ca wrote: >I am FINALLY getting around to getting a new printer - but I have a 4 >year o...

Minolta 5400 II & USB 1.1/2. 0interface & speed
Hi, I've just recevived my 5400 II and the speed is very slow when i'm on the net (USB modem). Plugged out the modem the speed is surely best. I'm to buy an USB 2.0 adpater card. Does the speed will really get faster as i guees it ? Regads Fia "fiatuni" <t031113@ro.mine.nu> wrote in message news:432BB6FD.89C9004C@ro.mine.nu... > Hi, > > I've just recevived my 5400 II and the speed is very slow when i'm on > the net (USB modem). Plugged out the modem the speed is surely best. > > I'm to buy an USB 2.0 adpater ...

usb error on external disc ?? hub 1-0:1.0:Cannot enable port 2
Hi, I want connext an external drive STOREX FHD-353 on my Linux 2.6.9-34 WhiteBox I have following error message "hub 1-0:1.0:Cannot enable port 2. Maybe the USB cable is bad. " Do you have an idea ? Regards Philippe My computer is an K7AMD, with motherboard Micro star 6167 . I think computer could onlly work un USB1.0 not USB 2.0. External Hard drive is running before with another PC that use XP .. ...

How to tell USB 1 or USB 2?
How can I tell if the USB ports on my G4 are USB 1 or 2? Thanks, Anthony In article <f0a79190.0402251052.2265babc@posting.google.com>, anthony <ajc1961@yahoo.com> wrote: > How can I tell if the USB ports on my G4 are USB 1 or 2? Run the System Profiler application. Click USB, then USB Bus. If it saya "Up to 12 Mb/sec," you have USB 1.1. If it's something higher than that, it's USB 2. (As I don't have USB 2, I'm not positive of the USB 2 speed figure, but I believe it's 480Mbps.) -- Garner R. Miller Manchester, CT =USA= ...

Help construct a tree 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.1.1 etc HELP !!!!!!!
Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: '1 2.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 2.2.1 1.3 2 Dim Parent() As String Dim Level1() As String Dim Level2() As String Dim Level3() As String etc .. How can I construct a tree. parent, children, grand children etc... and also figure out # of children # of grand children etc Thanks "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:875cd1df-7605-45ab-9f7b-f1edec25d47b@r34g2000vbi.googlegroups.com... > Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: > > '1 > 2.1 > 1.1.1 > 1....

Borland Guru's I need help I have a text file as follows: 1 2 1.1 1.1.1 3.3 2.3 etc I cannot use a control active x tree I need to read this file and 1 is a parent 1.1 is a child of parent 1 and 2 is a parent 2.3 is a child of parent 2 and construct in search a way using arrays or probably a recursive function No xml parsing just read a file. Does any body have a function "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c1aaeb20-3c1f-408d-9986-bb8d28a87509@s31g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > I have a text file as follows: > 1 > 2 > 1.1 >...

Help construct a tree 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.1.1 etc HELP !!!!!!!
Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: '1 2.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 2.2.1 1.3 2 Dim Parent() As String Dim Level1() As String Dim Level2() As String Dim Level3() As String etc .. How can I construct a tree. parent, children, grand children etc... and also figure out # of children # of grand children etc Thanks "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:875cd1df-7605-45ab-9f7b-f1edec25d47b@r34g2000vbi.googlegroups.com... > Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: > > '1 > 2.1 > 1.1.1 > 1....

usb 1.1 to 2.0 card?
I have a 3-4 year old Intel El Paso motherboard w/82845 chipset. It has 2 front mounted USB 1.1 ports. I traced the cable to the connector on the motherboard and it's easily accessible. My question: Is there a USB 2.0 PCI card out there that has an internal connector compatible with the motherboard connector? The idea being that I could just unplug the cable from the motherboard and plug it into my shiny new 2.0 card and have front accessible USB 2.0 ports. ? TIA </joel> On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 02:11:37 GMT, "Joel" <joelycat@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have a ...

USB 1.1/2.0 Implementation
Hi All Has anyone successfully implemented USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 protocol in Altera Device. If yes, can you pls start me off. I'm not able to make any progress in this. I have found couple of sites in ths area, but always end towards a brick wall. Help Pls Cheerio "SneakerNet" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message news:<fIObb.156268$JA5.3828849@news.xtra.co.nz>... > Hi All > > Has anyone successfully implemented USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 protocol in Altera > Device. If yes, can you pls start me off. I'm not able to make any progress > in this. I have fo...

Upgrade laptop USB 1 to USB 2
Hi, I wish to change my laptop with a USB 1 to USB2. It does have a free mini PCI slot inside and I have been told that one can upgrade to usb2 by putting a usb pci card in. It does NOT have a PMCIA slot. Any help here please. It is a non brand with the number N34AS1. I believe it is a Clevo, Highlander or one of the many brands these came out as. It is 2.4 CPU with 1MB ram and 20 GB hard drive. Thanks for any help. rock In news:477d8500$0$32673$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au, Rock typed on Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:57:43 +1100: > Hi, > > I wish to change my laptop with a USB 1 to USB2. > > It does have a free mini PCI slot inside and I have been told that > one can upgrade to usb2 by putting a usb pci card in. It does NOT > have a PMCIA slot. > Any help here please. > > It is a non brand with the number N34AS1. I believe it is a Clevo, > Highlander or one of the many brands these came out as. > > It is 2.4 CPU with 1MB ram and 20 GB hard drive. > > Thanks for any help. > > > rock Wow, you are kidding, right? Something with 2.4GHZ with 1GB.... whoa wait! 1MB of RAM? You mean 1GB right? With a 1MB, that would be like a 286 or a 386 (and some 486) machines made over 15 years ago. Oh with a 20GB HD... well that would put it about when the change over from USB1 to USB2 had taken place (2000-2002 era). No PCMCIA slot you say? Btw, a lot of people call them PC Card slots nowadays. I personally don't go for the i...

Change laptop USB 1 to USB 2
Hi, I wish to change my laptop with a USB 1 to USB2. It does have a free mini PCI slot inside and I have been told that one can upgrade to usb2 by putting a usb pci card in. It does NOT have a PMCIA slot. Any help here please. It is a non brand with the number N34AS1. I believe it is a Clevo, Highlander or one of the many brands these came out as. It is 2.4 CPU with 1MB ram and 20 GB hard drive. Thanks for any help. rock ...

1.1.1.1 ?
hi my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid IP? and what is port 9999?? thanks mike wrote: > hi > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > IP? and what is port 9999?? > thanks These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port 9999 -- S.S. "StarScripter" <Star@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bv8ejj$p54t3$1@ID-185702.news.uni-berlin.de>... > mike wrote: > > hi > > > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > > IP? and what is port 9999?? > > thanks > > These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port > 9999 thanks very much..will check it out ...

Web resources about - Multiple USB 1.1 devices in USB 2 Hub speed ? - comp.arch.embedded

Multiple sequence alignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A multiple sequence alignment (MSA) is a sequence alignment of three or more biological sequences , generally protein , DNA , or RNA . In many ...

Brussels terrorist attacks: Multiple blasts rock airport and Maalbeek metro station
Multiple explosions have been reported at separate sites in Brussels on Tuesday morning (local time).

Brussels terrorist attacks: Multiple blasts rock airport and Maalbeek metro station
Multiple explosions have been reported at separate sites in Brussels on Tuesday morning (local time).

Brussels terrorist attacks: Multiple blasts rock airport and Maalbeek metro station
Multiple explosions have been reported at separate sites in Brussels on Tuesday morning (local time).

Brussels terrorist attacks: Multiple blasts rock airport and Maalbeek metro station
Multiple explosions have been reported at separate sites in Brussels on Tuesday morning (local time).

Medical examiner: Katy teen died from multiple gunshot wounds - abc13.com
Authorities say they have identified the body found in west Houston earlier this week as missing Katy teenager Adriana Coronado.

Choetech 6 port USB charger: The quick way to charge multiple devices
Having multiple mobile devices is great. Charging them? Not so much. If you need to top the battery on a few smartphones and tablets at the same ...

Terror attacks hit Belgium: Multiple explosions at Brussels airport and metro
A new wave of terrorist attacks has hit Europe, following the incidents in Ankara, Turkey. A series of explosions shocked the Brussels airport ...

Leonardo Di Caprio’s Galaxia App Encourages Having Multiple Personalities
... anything posted in that group stays in that group, and can’t be seen by those outside of it. On top of that, Galaxia users can create multiple ...

Investigators: Multiple ISIS plots being planned in Europe
Investigators are aware of multiple additional ISIS plots in Europe possibly linked to the Paris and Brussels networks that are in various stages ...