OT: FA: Advin device programmer, misc. parts

I'm selling off some of my misc. test equipment, microcontrollers I no
longer use, and so on; this is the first wave of stuff.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZlarwe74QQhtZ-1

0
zwsdotcom (2776)
12/3/2005 8:25:23 PM
comp.arch.embedded 20047 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Programmers, Programmers, Programmers, ...
As Steve Balmer correctly stated, while making his monkey dance, it is applications and hence programmers that make a platform. The fact though is that if you want to do professional programming, then Linux is the platform for you. I know that this statement will get the heckels up on a lot of trolls in C.O.L.A, but I have a recent experience that proves this. I am currently working for a Windows only house producing a system that receives and transmits around 1000 telegrams per second in each direction on a UDP socket, translates them into a different format and creates a log entry for each ...

[OT] Looking for embedded (PIC) programmer in GTA (Toronto, ON)
Hi guys, I'm Looking for an experienced embedded firmware C programmer to develop real-time communication and instrumentation and control firmware for a new boards. Familiarity with hardware debugging techniques will be necessary, and ability to work from less than perfect (and changing) documentation. Currently using high end PICs and Ethernet communications. FPGA familiarity wouldn't hurt for future use. Interesting startup type environment, work has to be done on-site. Please send me an e-mail or give me a call (cell 4*6-820-1248) if you know someone good who might be interested. Thanks, sorry for the OT post. Best regards, Spehro Pefhany -- "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" speff@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:47:46 -0500, Spehro Pefhany <speffSNIP@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote: >Hi guys, >I'm Looking for an experienced embedded firmware C programmer to >develop real-time communication and instrumentation and control >firmware for a new boards. Familiarity with hardware debugging >techniques will be necessary, and ability to work from less than >perfect (and changing) documentation. Currently using high end PICs >and Ethernet communications. FPGA familiarity wouldn't hurt for future >use. Interesting startup type ...

FA: Misc. Sun Parts
Sun x1131a 64.2 PCI 400mhz Co Processor Card 370-0095 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5860597132&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT Sun x1062a Fast Wide SCSI Differential Adapter 3701704 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5860597177&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT Sun x1131a 64.1 PCI 300mhz Co Processor Card 370-0075 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5860597149&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT ...

FA (ebay UK): Alphastation 500, Personal Workstation parts & other misc stuff
For auction on ebay (UK): Ending 22nd Oct 2003: 5m AUI network cable m->f DEC Digital Personal Workstation parts/manual DEC Digital StorageWorks (?) SCSI cable 2.5m DEC Digital AlphaStation 500 333MHz workst.n These are available for posting or collection from Nottingham, UK. http://makeashorterlink.com/?H24921E36 which redirects to: http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=user13954 Please direct any questions to: user13954 (*at*) ntlworld (*dot*) com (the account I post from is not checked and is just there to collect the spam...

OT ...Very OT
Ok, this is very off topic, but I've become accustomed to seeking reassurance from fellow Lightwavers over my purchases so here goes. I going to sign on the dotted line for a new..........Land Rover Discovery TDV6 SE....wadda think.....good Idea?....spec choices?....Image?....etc...Any family men here that have been through this BIG purchase nerve racker...? It's got to move a family of 5 everywhere. Thanks for your wisdom "BOXA" <dustbin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:crsaj4$ke2$1@titan.btinternet.com... | Ok, this is very off topic, but I've become ...

Device Programmer
Hi, What is the preferred device programmer used by those who build robots for a hobby? Thanks for any suggestions you can offer. TMT On 23 Jan 2005 18:34:18 -0800, "Too_Many_Tools" <too_many_tools@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, > >What is the preferred device programmer used by those who build robots >for a hobby? Probably the one that programs your favorite microcontroller that has the onboard flash. Unless you have a special requirement for a general purpose programmer for stand-along flash chips, EPROMs, etc. that one programmer will probably ...

Device programmer
Hello, Does anyone know this company below? http://www.rk-system.com.pl/english.php I am looking for universal programmer and their products look very nice. Do you have any experience with Uprog, especially Uprog GANG from RK-SYSTEM? Best regards Victor wicek_krowi_cycek pisze: > Does anyone know this company below? > ... I think that You should ask on pl.misc.elektronika. This is polish group, but probably there is someone how has a experience with that company. Good luck! -- Peter ...

[News] Review of a Unique Linux Device, Linux Grows in Embedded Devices
Meet the chumby ,----[ Quote ] | I've been pacing the chumby maternity ward for nearly a year, waiting for | this unique wireless device to see the light of day. I recently took delivery | of my own little bundle of chumby joy and, at first look, I think it will | make a great addition to my growing gadget family. `---- http://www.linux.com/feature/119766 LinuxCertified Announces Embedded and Real-Time Linux Development Training ,----[ Quote ] | Over the past few years, more and more organizations have been opting for | Linux as their embedded platform. `---- http://www.linux...

FA: PC Misc Hardware, Misc Software, Joysticks, Zip Drive and Disks
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=steelhors e86&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50 ...

FA: PC Misc Hardware, Misc Software, Joysticks, Zip Drive and Disks #3
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=steelhorse86 ...

FA: 4 laptops for parts / hard drives and ram fa: and fs: / westell router
FA: thinkpad 600 parts and a complete 600 / hard drives ram Item name: Westell 327W DSL Modem / VERIZON Wireless router Price: $19.99 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9733468325 Item name: 512mb x 2 = 1GB RAM DDR Memory pc2700 LAPTOP (Gateway) Price: $45.00 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6886571819 Item name: IBM Travelstar 8GB Laptop Hard Drive + caddy( 760EL ) Price: $24.00 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6886573148 Item name: IBM Thinkpad 600 Pentium II 266mhz Laptop Price: $45.00 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6886580004 Item name: 4 laptops - IBM Thinkpad 600 760el 365XD compaq 5250 Price: $40.00 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6886581784 Item name: 512MB SDRAM & 256MB SDRAM pc133 (dell ram memory) Price: $24.99 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6886599135 Item name: 256MB x 4 = 1GB SDRAM pc133 (dell ram memory) Price: $49.99 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7624383063 IBM Thinkpad 600 Pentium I...

[OT] (kinda) HP, parts ain't parts; KVM internal power supply
We've got an HP KVM switch, 336044-B21. Its just out of warranty, and not under contract. Power supply went all microsoft on us (low output, capacitors oozing, no worky). HP does not provide service parts, and cannot tell us where to get same, though they'd be happy to sell us a new unit. Aside from being very difficult to understand, the parts person was pleasant and tried to help but apparently something on his screen said "can't help, no info, make the caller go away and move on to the next one". Its kind of on topic because we do have a DS10 and an MV3100-30 conn...

[OT] 2 full-time openings at Xilinx (embedded systems, embedded software, SoC, FPGA)
Hello, Xilinx (San Jose, California) has 2 full-time openings for people intereste= d in software development, embedded systems, SoC chips, ARM architecture an= d FPGAs. Ideal candidate would love seeing hardware and software cooperate. As a mem= ber of our team you'll spend most of your time with Vim/Emacs, designing, w= riting, testing and breaking our proprietary OS. It's written in BSD-style = ANSI C and assembler, has 101k lines of code and is used across the company= in all sorts of unusual ways. If that sounds interesting to you, here are the links: IRC104504: http://tinyurl.com/XILINX-IRC104504 IRC104645: http://tinyurl.com/XILINX-IRC104645 If you think you qualify, send an e-mail with attached resume in the PDF fi= le to: pssa_hiring (at) xilinx.com E-mail should have a format: To: pssa_hiring (at) xilinx.com From: you@mail.domain Subject: IRC104504 or IRC104645 Otherwise it'll go to spam. Thanks, --=20 Wojciech A. Koszek Sr Systems Design Engineer wojciech.koszek (at) xilinx.com ...

FA,eprom programmer
vintage ferrit multi-function computer testing system http://tinyurl.com/t37b 1986? ...

OT: Programmer Hierarchy
I'm sure some have seen this already, but maybe some haven't: http://lukewelling.com/2006/08/03/java-programmers-are-the-erotic-furries-of-programming/ ...

[OT] iPod device
On impulse while at a large Fry's electronics store in N. California, I bought on impulse a clock radio/CD/iPod dock and player under the iLive brand. It even has a remote, and a video out for iPod video which I haven't tried yet. Oh, yeah, it's got straps to be "portable". But it's quite large for a beside item, and the sound at any decent low level has so much white noise as to be unusable, whether the FM tuner or the iPod. Long winded way to ask for a specific recommendation for decent sound quality, but under $200, with visible clock. -- John McWilliams ...

Looking for a embedded device
I'm looking for the smallest embedded device I can find that can do: 1. Infrared sensor 2. Wireless connection (can connect to an G router, I'll have to check the distance that might cover, otherwise maybe N will have to be used) 3. DHCP I'll need the infrared sensor to trigger either a single UDP packet or TCP (handshake) and all. Any ideas on how I can get something workable? Marco "Marco Shaw" <marco@Znbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:20Gyh.3925$R71.59926@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > I'm looking for the smallest embedded device I can find that ...

OT: Keyboard.arch
Aset keyboard It has been said that the most common letters were taken off the home row of the first typewriter keyboard to slow down the typist and prevent jamming. On a Dvorak keyboard almost sixty percent of average text is typed from the home keys. Transposing the letters 'etni' with 'dfjk' would put more than 55% of text on the home keys, up from only 26% on the qwerty layout. Thats more than twice the text typed without lifting a finger. The change is quite pleasent and easy to learn. I hope you will pass this on. To put e, t, n and i back where they belong, there i...

[OT] for italian programmers
Salve, sto considerando l'opportunita' di creare un newsgroup della gerarchia it sul Cobol. Se ci fosse qualcuno interessato, ne potremmo discutere su it.comp.lang, tanto per capire se vale la pena di continuare in questo progetto, oppure rinunciarvi. Se inviate dei nuovi messaggi su it.comp.lang, indicate il tag [Cobol] nell'Oggetto. Ciao. pF pF <pas.fuscoLEVA@tin.it> wrote: > Se ci fosse qualcuno interessato, ne potremmo discutere su it.comp.lang, > tanto per capire se vale la pena di continuare in questo progetto, oppure > rinunciarvi. Io programmo in Cobol da diversi anni e potrei anche essere interessato. Mi sa che pero' che saremo in pochi... Attenzione: Follow-up impostato su it.comp.lang -- Il luogo comune secondo cui il crimine e' causato dalla poverta' e' una specie d'ingiuria nei confronti dei poveri. (H.L. Mencken) ok. mi sembra una buona idea. "pF" <pas.fuscoLEVA@tin.it> wrote in message news:<xC9wb.10419$up5.743333@news1.tin.it>... > Salve, > sto considerando l'opportunita' di creare > un newsgroup della gerarchia it sul Cobol. > Se ci fosse qualcuno interessato, ne potremmo > discutere su it.comp.lang, tanto per capire > se vale la pena di continuare in questo progetto, > oppure rinunciarvi. > Se inviate dei nuovi messaggi su it.comp.lang, > indicate il tag [Cobol] nell'Oggetto. > Ciao. > pF sono un programmatore cobol datato, sono d&...

AlphaStation and misc parts
I've got an AlphaStation 255. I've got a matching StorageWorks shelf with disks. I've got an ATTO ExpressPCI PSC card I just pulled out of an old Mac. The next time I can shut down the AlphaStation, I intend to insert the ATTO card. According to ATTOtech.com, this card will work with Linux, which is what I'm running on the machine at the moment. What I'm trying to figure out is how do I connect the card with the shelf? The shelf currently has a DS-BA35X-FA personality card in it, whose plug doesn't match the one on the ATTO card. What personality ...

[OT] Pragmatic programmers
Hello Just for those of you who have gone through various tutorials on ruby and/or Rails. But don't feel like you've come away with quite enough information to do anything more than a few basic utilities. Also, like I did, you might view some areas of Ruby with a touch of scepticism. The Pragmatic Programmers guide is the next part of the puzzle. I think it was right to do other tutorials first, before getting the book or pdf, because although the book starts by assuming a new user of the language, it is much more pleasant to work through if you already have some ground work done. I...

TOP device programmers
Hi all, Does anyone have any experience with the TOP series of programmers ? I am interested in the TOP2048 which seems to support almost everything I need and is USB powered, all for US$225. All seems too good to be true. The PC software downloads, installs and runs without any hiccups or viruses (being detected at least). Comments and thoughts ? Mark Aren. > I am interested in the TOP2048 which seems to support almost > everything I need and is USB powered, all for US$225. A HK company is selling them on eBay for $180 + $16 shipping (to USA). ...

[OT] Games for Programmers
Hi everyone, Here's a list of board or card games that are based, more or less, on computer programming, along with a description. The games range from obscure to humorous. Note that I have not played any of these myself, but some of them look like they might be interesting as teaching tools. A few look like they might actually be fun. ;) I'm still waiting for "Ruby: The Board Game". Hey, if Fortran can have its own game... (see below). Enjoy! 1. c-jump - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/18731 Discover the fundamentals of computer programming by playing a boa...

OT: Klingon Programmers
* Top 12 Things A Klingon Programmer Would Say 12. Specifications are for the weak and timid! 11. This machine is a piece of GAGH! I need dual Pentium processors if I am to do battle with this code! 10. You cannot really appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon. 9. Indentation?! -- I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull! 8. What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake. 7. Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' -- they have 'arguments' -- and they ALWAYS WIN THEM. 6. Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak. 5. I have challenged the entire quality assurance team to a Bat-Leth contest. They will not concern us again. 4. A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment his code! 3. By filing this SPR you have challenged the honor of my family. Prepare to die! 2. You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand! 1. Our users will know fear and cower before our software. Ship it! Ship it, and let them flee like the dogs they are! On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 12:21:33 +0000, "Trev@Work" <no.email@please> wrote: Kaplah! Very funny. -Tom. >* Top 12 Things A Klingon Programmer Would Say > >12. Specifications are for the weak and timid! > >11. This machine is a piece of GAGH! ...

Web resources about - OT: FA: Advin device programmer, misc. parts - comp.arch.embedded

Programmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A programmer , computer programmer , developer , coder , or software engineer is a person who writes computer software . The term computer programmer ...

Programmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A programmer , computer programmer , developer , coder , or software engineer is a person who writes computer software . The term computer programmer ...

Contract Analyst Programmer (JavaScript) 160212/AP/vtd

Managing Programmers
Programmers are not like the other kids. They cannot and should not be managed like normal people if your intent is to produce high quality software. ...

CudaText: a programmer’s editor that everyone can use
You need a Notepad replacement, but web searches only get you overcomplicated programmer's editors aimed at people who think in regular expressions ...

One of the world's most important programmers works from home in his bathrobe in complete silence
Linus Torvalds, the founder and maintainer of the incredibly popular free Linux operating system, spends his days working from home in a bathrobe ...

Biggest pay gap in America: Computer programmers
The tech industry's best jobs have a gender problem.

Female Programmers Make Only 72% Of Male Wages: What Are We Going To Do About It?
... Glassdoor survey of male and female wages is an interesting little point that the Wall Street Journal has picked up on. Among computer programmers ...

Reminder: The First Computer Programmer Was A Woman
... today. Ada also offered up other forward-thinking concepts in the article. For her work, Ada is often considered to be the first computer programmer. ...

Gender pay gap widest among computer programmers, study says
SAN FRANCISCO — For all the lip service the technology industry pays about valuing diversity and equality, it has struggled to close the gender ...