PIC with wifi module

I am looking for suggestions on which PIC MCU to use with MRF24WB0MA (wifi
transceiver module which is compatible with PC18/24/32 and dsPIC)....I want
to send messages (80 chars) from my PC to this MCU through wifi and display
it on a 20 by 4 LCD. I plan to make my whole module to be battery powered
and I found out that the PIC18F1220 supports this requirement.

The problem comes in connecting the wifi module to WLAN and which TCP/IP
protocols to use in order to establish a successful transfer of information
from the PC to the PIC MCU?....Thanks

---------------------------------------
abdique63 (1)
10/2/2011 6:09:35 PM
comp.arch.embedded 19969 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Oct 2, 11:09=A0am, "que63" <abdique63@n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for suggestions on which PIC MCU to use with MRF24WB0MA (wif=
> transceiver module which is compatible with PC18/24/32 and dsPIC)....I wa=
nt
> to send messages (80 chars) from my PC to this MCU through wifi and displ=
ay
> it on a 20 by 4 LCD. I plan to make my whole module to be battery powered
> and I found out that the PIC18F1220 supports this requirement.

You can rule out PIC18 for TCP/IP WiFi.  You need lot of memories.

> The problem comes in connecting the wifi module to WLAN and which TCP/IP
> protocols to use in order to establish a successful transfer of informati=
on
> from the PC to the PIC MCU?....Thanks

PIC24FJ256 should do, with a USB WiFi adapter call Android.  Anyway,
that's what we are doing.
0
me5463 (1321)
10/2/2011 6:24:31 PM
In article <IcWdnW8-tMJCNRXTnZ2dnUVZ_g2dnZ2d@giganews.com>, abdique63
@n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com says...

> I am looking for suggestions on which PIC MCU to use with MRF24WB0MA (wifi
> transceiver module which is compatible with PC18/24/32 and dsPIC)....I want
> to send messages (80 chars) from my PC to this MCU through wifi and display
> it on a 20 by 4 LCD. I plan to make my whole module to be battery powered
> and I found out that the PIC18F1220 supports this requirement.

Be sure you're picking an ethernet part.
Not all pic18 support this.
For the microchip TCPIP stack at least 128kb rom and 64kb ram are
required I think.
You'd be best of with a pic32, but it's a totally new architecture.

Then on how to exchange data: you have many options.
There are a number of way to use custom sockets with Microchip TCPIP
stack, but I can't give you any advice as I haven't personally used any.

Claudio
0
erupter (7)
10/3/2011 7:38:05 PM
On 2011-10-03, Claude <erupter@tiscali.it> wrote:
> In article <IcWdnW8-tMJCNRXTnZ2dnUVZ_g2dnZ2d@giganews.com>, abdique63
> @n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com says...
>>
>> I am looking for suggestions on which PIC MCU to use with MRF24WB0MA (wifi
>> transceiver module which is compatible with PC18/24/32 and dsPIC)....I want
>> to send messages (80 chars) from my PC to this MCU through wifi and display
>> it on a 20 by 4 LCD. I plan to make my whole module to be battery powered
>> and I found out that the PIC18F1220 supports this requirement.
>
> Be sure you're picking an ethernet part.

Why would he want or need an Ethernet part to interface to a MRF24WB0MA?

--
John W. Temples, III
0
On Oct 5, 9:12=A0am, John Temples <use...@xargs-spam.com> wrote:
> On 2011-10-03, Claude <erup...@tiscali.it> wrote:
>
> > In article <IcWdnW8-tMJCNRXTnZ2dnUVZ_g2dn...@giganews.com>, abdique63
> > @n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com says...
>
> >> I am looking for suggestions on which PIC MCU to use with MRF24WB0MA (=
wifi
> >> transceiver module which is compatible with PC18/24/32 and dsPIC)....I=
 want
> >> to send messages (80 chars) from my PC to this MCU through wifi and di=
splay
> >> it on a 20 by 4 LCD. I plan to make my whole module to be battery powe=
red
> >> and I found out that the PIC18F1220 supports this requirement.
>
> > Be sure you're picking an ethernet part.
>
> Why would he want or need an Ethernet part to interface to a MRF24WB0MA?

Why would he interface it at all. Yet another undocumented wifi
part. "Works with the free tcp stack", great.
If I need something which "works with", I'd go for a readily available
TV-set, phone, notebook, whatever.
If I design a part in I expect it to be documented so I can at least
talk to it if not reprogram it.
But this is the wifi reality today, unfortunately. Someone(s?) was
busy
buying out and killing all documented wifi parts which used to be on
the market at the beginning and nobody in the trade seems to notice
or object that.

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff               Transgalactic Instruments

http://www.tgi-sci.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/didi_tgi/sets/72157600228621276/
0
dp (801)
10/5/2011 7:48:12 AM
que63 skrev 2011-10-02 20:09:
> I am looking for suggestions on which PIC MCU to use with MRF24WB0MA (wifi
> transceiver module which is compatible with PC18/24/32 and dsPIC)....I want
> to send messages (80 chars) from my PC to this MCU through wifi and display
> it on a 20 by 4 LCD. I plan to make my whole module to be battery powered
> and I found out that the PIC18F1220 supports this requirement.
>
> The problem comes in connecting the wifi module to WLAN and which TCP/IP
> protocols to use in order to establish a successful transfer of information
> from the PC to the PIC MCU?....Thanks
>

> ---------------------------------------
> Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Have a look at the WiFi stuff at http://www.hd-wireless.se/
There is a module which has a UART interface.

http://www.hd-wireless.se/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=130

I think you can get the stuff through Arrow.
If you can skip the PIC, there is ready software for AVR32s.

BR
Ulf Samuelsson
On 2 =EF=CB=D4, 21:09, "que63" <abdique63@n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for suggestions on which PIC MCU to use with MRF24WB0MA (wif=
> transceiver module which is compatible with PC18/24/32 and dsPIC)....I wa=
nt
> to send messages (80 chars) from my PC to this MCU through wifi and displ=
ay
> it on a 20 by 4 LCD. I plan to make my whole module to be battery powered
> and I found out that the PIC18F1220 supports this requirement.
>
> The problem comes in connecting the wifi module to WLAN and which TCP/IP
> protocols to use in order to establish a successful transfer of informati=
on
> from the PC to the PIC MCU?....Thanks
>
> --------------------------------------- =9A =9A =9A =9A
> Posted throughhttp://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

www.olimex.com/dev check for MOD-WIFI there is demo web server done
with this module and PIC32-MX460LCD but it will work with any of our
PIC board which have UEXT connector, Microchip web stack provide easy
way to make TCP-IP to RS232 bridge

Best regards
Tsvetan

Embedded Pager Modules
Anyone have some pointers to embedded pager modules (Flex, ReFlex, etc.) Thanks, Stuart "Stuart J Adams" <sja@std.com> wrote in message news:bhjavt$3qu$1@pcls4.std.com... > Anyone have some pointers to embedded > pager modules (Flex, ReFlex, etc.) ReFLEX: http://www.w-innovations.com http://www.tga.com ...

Software modules (for embedded)
Hi group! I'm trying to create at strategy for writing software modules. I'm writing code for embedded systems but this is not significant for the solution. What I'm trying to do is construct software modules that I can use in several projects. I want the modules to be the same even if the underlaying hardware change. What I was thinking of doing is to make functions for talking to the hardware, like GetIO or SetIO and things like that. I think you get the idea. But the problem is that i need to include a header file with the function prototypes and the functions need to be ...

embedding a module in a script
I have a need to embed a module in a perl script. Basically, I want to cut and paste the contents of the module directly into my script, but otherwise have the script and module interact in the same way as if the module and script were in different files. The script in question is used to set up installs and deinstalls of my application, which consists of a suite of perl scripts and some custom modules. The setup script needs to leverage some of the custom modules in my application, but the setup script needs to be completely self contained so that it can be distributed as a single file. Tarb...

For those interrested TERN embedded module
see http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&item=330009168399&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 cheap embedded stuff Johan ...

search python wifi module
hello, i search a wifi module python on windows, i have already scapy ! thanks @+ On Fri, 2009-10-23, Clint Mourlevat wrote: > hello, > > i search a wifi module python on windows, i have already scapy ! What is a wifi module? Your OS is supposed to hide networking implementation details (Ethernet, PPP, Wi-fi, 3G ...) and provide specific management interfaces when needed. What are you trying to do? /Jorgen -- // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . . \X/ snipabacken.se> O o . ...

A420 strange module pic...
I got hold of a couple of dumped A420's yesterday along with an A5000. One A420 seems happy (and has an IDE drive and Watford IDE interface in it). The other one seems to have lost vertical sync and gives a rolling picture on my old Acorn screen - but it has a small, strange module inside of it. See: http://www.moosenet.demon.co.uk/temp/A420.jpg The module's plugged into pins 1-4 of PL1 on the right hand side of the main board (I think it's PL1 - the numeral's badly printed!) The thick red wire goes to +5V on the backplane. The yellow wire goes to the frontmost pin of LK2. Three grey wires go to LK1 near the video connector (making me think it's related to my vhold problem). Two grey wires go to pins 5 and 6 of IC29. There's 3 chips on the little board - an ACT153 and ACT86, which I think are just standard logic, then a larger chip with the following: PCF8754T 23935ME MSM92443Y I don't recognise that one at all. The module also has a grey and a red wire coming from it which don't go anywhere, making me think that I may be missing a vital board... This machine also came with an adapter cable plugged into the video port with a 15 pin high density connector at the other end. I tried it with a modern VGA monitor but get no display at all, which rules out my guess that the module's somehow increasing the vertical sync frequency so that video output will work on a modern screen (unless the module's broken of course or I am mi...

Embedded Bluetooth
Hi, Any suggestions for a SMT/pcb mount module for a bluetooth-serial adapter? It's to act as a "slave" device, ideally operating a RS485 tranceiver. I.e. PC -> bluetooth -> Module -> RS485 There seem to be too many manufacturers I have never heard of... Qty ~100, initially, would also like it to still be available in 6 months time. Thanks, -- John Devereux "John Devereux" <john@devereux.me.uk> wrote in message news:87k4gjnl4t.fsf@devereux.me.uk... > Hi, > > Any suggestions for a SMT/pcb mount module for a blueto...

Embedded Python static modules
I build python from sources(static version): ../configure --disable-shared Next I build program with this static library. Program work fine on my linux, but when I tried run my program on another linux, I got next message: Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix> Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix> Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>] ImportError: No module named site This message I receive when call Py_Initialize(). How I can build python static library with all required Python modules? Thanks. I mad...

PICs in general, PIC language questions, pic hardware questions
Hi Group, Saw some posts here on the PIC, and it got me thinking. I played around with them back when the 12c508 was the hot ticket. Used the UV eraseable ones, and I swear I nearly killed my wrists opening and closing my eraser, not to mention having 5 or 6 of them so I didn't have to wait for the eraser. Now they are in circuit programmable, which makes them a lot more appealing. I also remember my CCS compiler, which did a servicable job most of the time, but more often than not, I resorted to writing everything in assembler, just to get the speed and control I needed, or to circumvent some pecularity of the software. I thought I would revisit these things, and put the results in my N&V column. 1) Whats the "hot ticket" language/environment. 2) What is involved with in circuit programming, and does it also provide in circuit debugging? 3) What is the "workhorse" of the PIC world these days? 4) Does someone make an edu-board, that also doubles as a programmer? 5) Any comparisons between CCS, HTsoft, MicroElectronics? 6) Anything else I may have overlooked? Thanks Mike On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 19:31:58 -0700, "blueeyedpop" <blueeyedpop@sbcglobal.net> wrote: [snip...snip...] >6) Anything else I may have overlooked? Other processors? The PICs still have a following, to be sure, but a lot of hobby development (and things like one-off lab setups where I just need a gizm...

PIC project for lamp/appliance modules?
I want to put a standard PIC into an appliance or lamp module for a custom X-10 interface. I see projects to retrofit the PIC of a RR501 and maybe a CM11A, but not the modules. Are the power supplies of the RR501 and CM11A 5V? The lamp and appliance modules are 15V. Plus the pinout of the original PIC doesn't match any off-the-shelf models that I've seen. Plus I don't care to start from scratch with the X10 PLC decoding if someone else has done this. Has this been done already? Any tips? This is the closest I have come to doing this: http://www.edcheung.com/automa/iwsp.htm ...

Python Embedding Importing relative modules
Hi all, I have a serious problem I haven't solved yet, hope one of you can help me. The first thing is, I embedded Python into my app and I execute several scripts in this environment. The problem is, the scripts don't import modules from their relative path. I guess this is related to the sys.path ['',...] and the current working directory which is set to the directory of my host application. I could set that path manually, but all the scripts might be stored in different locations. So now I try to find a way to handle that. Any suggestions? A solution would...

naming the main module in embedded Python
Hi I am embedding Python as an interpret in my code. Now, whenever my code or Python itself issues an error/warning message I am getting something like: File "<string>", line 1, in <module> or __main__:46: RuntimeWarning: My warning message I am using PyRun_SimpleString to load part of the code and the I call: sprintf (line, "execfile ('%s')", path); error = PyRun_SimpleString (line). The question is: how can I set up the module name or input file name so that my error/warning messages output them rather than the above d...

Any high thruput embedded ethernet modules?
I've been looking around at embedded ethernet interface modules, most seem to have a serial interface with a max bit rate of 115200 or 230400 so I can only move about 20kbytes/sec with them. Are there any with byte-wide interfaces and higher data rates? I have a project where I'd like to move a byte stream of 250k bytes per second reliably from a microcontroller to a windows app thru a lightly used lan. In general, what are the practical speed limits of moving data streams between devices on 10base and 100base lans? TIA, Dan Daniel Simon wrote: > I've been looking around at ...

redirect output from embedded C module
hi all.. I'm writing an application in python2.3 under linux debian which accepts new "plug-ins" in the form of c-written python extension modules. My problem is that I'd like to catch the stdout/stderr from one of this modules and redirect it into a tkinter text widget, in real time. Let's say the module's name is plugin and that plugin.doSomething() prints out with a C printf() the string "it's a mess". Redirecting sys.stdout before calling plugin.doSomething() doesn't work, I guess because the plugin code has a different stdout file then python...

embedded module for blackfin SPI port
Hi everybody, I am a new user of blackfin module embedded! I have the ADSP-BF537 EZ- Kit Lite and I am programming the board with labview embedded for blackfin module.&nbsp; I want to connect the processor with a devices using SPI port. I was looking for an example for SPI driver in labview's example but I don't find nothing! Where I can information about this subject? &nbsp; Thanks Hola &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Tal vez esta liga te funcione <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/...

Labview Embedded module for blackfin processor
hi i want ot&nbsp;know that, Labview Embedded module for blackfin processor full development kit is essentail for detecting Blackfin Board. I have all the software to detect the board but only Labview Embedded module for blackfin processor is Evaluation version. &nbsp; so is that a resion for not detecting the Board &nbsp; Regards mithun patil Dear Sir , I have installed Visual DSP++ Version 4. I have Labview 7.1 as well as labview 8 with me. I have installed Labview 7.1 Embedded module for blackfin processor [Evaluation Version] I&nbsp;am able to detedt the card through visua...

Supply Mini-Com Coupler Modules ,Mini-com Coupler Modules,Panduit Mini-com Coupler Module,Panduit Minicom Modules,Panduit Mini-Com Module,Panduit Mini-com Fiber Optic Adapter Modules
Original:China Supply Mini-Com Coupler Modules ,Mini-com Coupler Modules,Panduit Mini-com Coupler Module,Panduit Minicom Modules,Panduit Mini-Com Module,Panduit Mini-com Fiber Optic Adapter Modules Mini-Com TX6 Plus Jack Module TP Series,Mini-Com Coupler Modules ,Mini-com Coupler Modules,Panduit Mini-com Coupler Module,Panduit Minicom Modules,Panduit Mini-Com Module,Panduit Mini-com Fiber Optic Adapter Modules,Panduit Mini-Com ST Fiber Optic Adapter Modules,Panduit Mini-Com SC Fiber Optic Adapter Modules,Panduit Mini-Com FC Fiber Optic Adapter Modules,Panduit Mini-Com Surface Mount Boxes,Fiber Optic Surface Mount Boxes,Fiber Surface Mounted Boxes Surface mount box accepts four Mini-Com modules. See More Details at the Link: http://www.cheerwe-telecom.com http://indonetwork.net/cheerwetelecom Category 5e, RJ45, 8 position, 8 wire universal coupler module. Features: Designed to exceed performance requirements of the TIA/EIA-568-B.2 Category 5e and ISO 11801 2nd Edition Class D channel standards RJ45 8 position, 8 wire female to RJ45 8 position, 8 wire female pass through module No termination tool required Accepts 6 and 8 position modular plugs without damage Can be clearly identified with optional labels and icons Not suitable for surface mount box applications ...

[...]

Lousy throughput with DPAC Airborne WiFi module
Some of the guys at my company are seeing lousy throughput performance with the DPAC Airborne WiFi module ( WLNB-AN-DP102). It is hooked into our embedded system with SPI. The rating is for 20MHz SPI frequency, but we can only get it to talk at 1.5MHz. So that is one problem. Even worse, when in use with many TCP or UDP packets, the module seems to buffer data for a long time and then dribble packets out at a 300msec interval rate. The spec says we should be able to sustain 300kbs in one direction and 70kbs in the other... I think we are getting only a very small fraction of this. Any id...

Installing Perl modules (in a multi-arch hierarchy)
Hi, Where can I find documentation explaining how to install a Perl module? More precisely, it must deal with installation in the user's home directory, with the support of several architectures (e.g. the home directory is under NFS). I've looked at the perlmodinstall(1) man page, but if I follow this way, then architecture-dependent files (.so) get installed in a common directory ($HOME/lib/perl/5.8.8/auto/Math/MPFR in my case). Note: I don't want to use CPAN since I sometimes need to patch modules and with CPAN, I need to modify the MyConfig.pm so that it works everywhere (I recall that my home directory is under NFS, and there are many different machines on the network). I currently do: perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=$HOME/$ARCHTYPE and in $HOME/$ARCHTYPE, I've created symbolic links to the architecture-independent directories (e.g. man and share). -- Vincent Lef�vre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> 100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <http://www.vinc17.org/blog/> Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / Arenaire project (LIP, ENS-Lyon) "Vincent Lefevre" <vincent+news@vinc17.org> wrote in message news:20070216020755$4392@prunille.vinc17.org... > Hi, > > Where can I find documentation explaining how to install a Perl module? > More precisely, it must deal with installation in the user's home > directory, with the support of several architectures (e.g. the home > directory i...

Eudora 5.1 Loses Embedded Pics
Hi all, I'm using Eudora 5.1 in paid mode. I noticed something the other day, and then realized that this recently started. Let's say that someone sends me an E-mail with pictures embedded in the body of the message. The pictures are stored in the Eudora\embedded directory. If I forward that message to someone, the pictures evidently get deleted from that directory as the message goes out, and I lose them. I don't think that it was always like that--I think the pics used to stay in that directory even if I forwarded the message. I think this started recently. Is there a setting somewhere that controls this ??? Thanks, RON ======================================================== Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail. I've had the exact problem with 5.2.1 for a long time. Common response in this group is that the problem is related to Quicktime. A false belief. I think the problem is really related to bugs in file and filenaming management when going to the new message from the original, and the new embedded image. I'm hoping that this bug was is fixed in 6.1 solidgoldZZZ@optonline.net (Ron in NY) wrote: >Hi all, > > I'm using Eudora 5.1 in paid mode. I noticed something the other day, >and then realized that this recently started. Let's say that someone sends me an >E-mail with pictures embedded in the body of the message. The pictures are >...

Need Ethernet to WiFi/802.11 module
I am looking for a module that will connect to the Ethernet port of an embedded device and enable it to connect to a 802.11 WiFi network (i.e. be seen as a node on that network). I am interested in both embedded as well as product versions. Any suggestions? Thanks ElderUberGeek wrote: > I am looking for a module that will connect to the Ethernet port of an > embedded device and enable it to connect to a 802.11 WiFi network (i.e. > be seen as a node on that network). I am interested in both embedded as > well as product versions. On the commercial side, the words to look for a...

Embedded python: dotted (sub) module name
I get the feeling I'm just picking the wrong google search phrase here, because I'm finding nothing. I'm trying to namespace out some embedded python modules. This works: Py_InitModule("game", py_game_methods); but this doesn't: Py_InitModule("quake.game", py_game_methods); What am I missing here? Any help would be appreciated. logistix at cathoderaymission.net wrote: > I get the feeling I'm just picking the wrong google search phrase > here, because I'm finding nothing. I'm trying to namespace out some > embedded python module...

Web resources about - PIC with wifi module - comp.arch.embedded

Zvezda (ISS module) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
27,743.8 kilometres per hour (17,239.2 mph) Zvezda ( Russian : Звезда , meaning "star"), DOS-8 , also known as the Zvezda Service Module , is ...

LG G5 camera module demonstration
... for about a day now. LG decided to try something new with this year's flagship and include the ability to swap out different hardware modules, ...

Fraunhofer Sets New Solar CPV Module Efficiency Record
... published on Sustainnovate. By Henry Lindon A new solar conversion efficiency world record for concentrator photovoltaic (CPV) solar modules ...

Space graffiti discovered inside Apollo 11 command module
Workers at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum uncover astronauts' scribbles that haven't been seen for 40 years.

LG brings interchangeable 'Friends' modules to flagship G5 smartphone
... 6 (Marshmallow) device with an unusual new feature a 2800 mAh battery that slides out from the bottom. The slot can accept a variety of modules ...

Trina Solar 2015 PV module shipments up 51.8% on year
China-based Trina Solar shipped 1.776GWp of PV modules in the fourth quarter of 2015, leading to shipments of 5.74GWp in 2015 which hiked 51.8% ...

LG CAM Module for LG G5 Available for Pre-Order, Listed at $70
The LG CAM Plus module, made specifically for the LG G5 , is now listed up for pre-order on B&H Photo. Listed with a price of $69.99, this little ...

NASA to use the ISS as a testbed for inflatable living modules
... than anyone else, knows that there's only so much room for packing stuff onto a spacecraft. That's why it's testing expandable living modules ...

LG's G5 Smartphone Goes After DSLRs, Stereos, HDTVs Via Modules At Mobile World Congress #MWC16
Every trade show has its themes inside and across categories, and at this year’s MobileWorld Congress (MWC), smartphone modularity appeared to ...

Boston Dynamics Atlas Robot Edited w/ Cursing Module
This is a video of Boston Dyanmics' latest Atlas humanoid robot edited with a fictional cursing module . It doesn't appear to be a very obscene ...