PIC

can someone please explain in simple terms why I need to and how i can
initialize the Fosc and Timer2.

....and what effects these have on the program. i am fairly new to
micro-controller programming.
thank you

---------------------------------------
xzibit2b (1)
4/3/2011 12:06:25 AM
comp.arch.embedded 20047 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

"tha switch" <xzibit2b@n_o_s_p_a_m.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> can someone please explain in simple terms why I need to and how i can
> initialize the Fosc and Timer2.
>
> ...and what effects these have on the program. i am fairly new to
> micro-controller programming.
> thank you
>

> ---------------------------------------
> Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Go to the microchip forums on the microchip website. Look in the forums
about timers & oscillators. Lots of good information there.

On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 19:06:25 -0500, tha switch wrote:

> can someone please explain in simple terms why I need to and how i can
> initialize the Fosc and Timer2.

Fosc presumably means the oscillator (clock) frequency. It determines how
long each instruction will take to execute, but it's also the base clock
for many peripherals. It's usually initialised by "config" directives in
the source code, and may be changed at run time; the precise details
depend upon whether you're using C or assembler and exactly which PIC
you're using (there are hundreds of different models).

Timer2 is a timer. It's clock will be derived from Fosc, and may be used
to derive the clock for other peripherals (e.g. PWM). Again, the details
depend upon exactly which PIC you are using.

To do anything with a PIC, you need the datasheet for the specific model
which you are using. You also need a reasonable understanding of digital
electronics and low-level programming (familiarity with assembly language
programming is useful even if you're going to be programming in C). None
of these can be learnt in a few hours. Nor can they be learnt by
accumulating isolated facts; you need to understand how the various
concepts interact.

If there's a demo board for the PIC you are using (or a similar model),
you might want to look at the datasheet for the demo board, as that may
have an introductory tutorial.

0
nobody (5159)

I lose my embedded pics when forwarding
Hi All, I'm using Eudora 5.1 in paid mode. When someone sends me a message with embedded pictures in the text, I have no problems reading the text or viewing the pics. However, if I forward the message on to someone else, the pictures go along with the message and I can no longer see the pictures if I re-open the original message that was sent to me. I know that the pics are stored in the Eudora\Embedded directory, but is there some way of keeping them in there if I forward the message on to someone else ??? When I forward the message, the pics disappear from that directory...

PICs in general, PIC language questions, pic hardware questions
Hi Group, Saw some posts here on the PIC, and it got me thinking. I played around with them back when the 12c508 was the hot ticket. Used the UV eraseable ones, and I swear I nearly killed my wrists opening and closing my eraser, not to mention having 5 or 6 of them so I didn't have to wait for the eraser. Now they are in circuit programmable, which makes them a lot more appealing. I also remember my CCS compiler, which did a servicable job most of the time, but more often than not, I resorted to writing everything in assembler, just to get the speed and control I needed, or to...

PC vs PIC/Embedded robotics
I don't know how I can start this discussion without people getting pissed, but... It is just a premise, a topic of conversation, you are expected to disagree on some level and/or agree on some level. I was thinking about embedded/pic based robotic projects vs PC based, generally speaking, the PC based systems tend to be bigger and more complex than the the others. They also tend to require more power and resources. That being said: My robot is based on a PC, I like the tools. They are the same tools I use day in and day out. I use Linux, because of this I have full access t...

Eudora 5.1 Loses Embedded Pics
Hi all, I'm using Eudora 5.1 in paid mode. I noticed something the other day, and then realized that this recently started. Let's say that someone sends me an E-mail with pictures embedded in the body of the message. The pictures are stored in the Eudora\embedded directory. If I forward that message to someone, the pictures evidently get deleted from that directory as the message goes out, and I lose them. I don't think that it was always like that--I think the pics used to stay in that directory even if I forwarded the message. I think this started recently. Is there a ...

PIC programming in particular, embedded programming in general
Nowadays I'm trying to get my feet wet with PIC programming, assembly, simple circuitry, etc. It is a strange feeling reading PAIP, Art of MOP and then going back to learn some assembly coding for 16F84, switching mindsets etc. One of the Turkish bloggers gave me a URL: http://www.picant.com/c2c/c.html and then out of curiosity he asked what is the situation of Lisp in terms of PIC programming, embedded programming, etc. (Because he knows I do not miss any chance to do Lisp propaganda, including TV shows during prime time ;-) I don't know the answer to his question so I thought m...

[OT] Looking for embedded (PIC) programmer in GTA (Toronto, ON)
Hi guys, I'm Looking for an experienced embedded firmware C programmer to develop real-time communication and instrumentation and control firmware for a new boards. Familiarity with hardware debugging techniques will be necessary, and ability to work from less than perfect (and changing) documentation. Currently using high end PICs and Ethernet communications. FPGA familiarity wouldn't hurt for future use. Interesting startup type environment, work has to be done on-site. Please send me an e-mail or give me a call (cell 4*6-820-1248) if you know someone good who might be interested...

Embedding Python in an embedded system
Howdy. I'm looking at embedding python in a little embedded system. The device (a linksys wrt54g router, popular hack object since it runs linux), has limited resources. Just 4MB flash and 16MB memory. I'm interested in Python because I need to be more agile with developing an application for this platform. Currently I am using C++ but it takes just too much time to develop/debug code. Does anyone have experience doing something like this? S. Stefan Arentz wrote: > Howdy. > > I'm looking at embedding python in a little embedded system. The device > (a linksys wr...

Need advice, get error message with emails with embedded web pics.
When I get email with Eudora 6.0, I get an error message if the file contains a graphic link to a web site. The email may or may not show the graphic but I get an error message saying that it cannot find the file and then it gives the path to my Temp Internet File Cache. I've looked in the Ini files to see why it would put anything in my Internet cache and I find nothing that points to my cache. Any suggestions? BM Brett Miller <Brettmiller@notworkingaol.com> wrote: > When I get email with Eudora 6.0, I get an error message > if the file contains a graph...

ARCH
Hello, I'm trying to estimate a VAR model of two equations. - the portmanteau test shows that my residuals are cross correlated - one of my equation exihibit an ARCH pattern I cannot use the AUTOREG procedure as I have a system of equations to estimate. I cannot use the VARMAX procedure because it is not possible to impose an ARCH structure for one equation only. I guess I should opt for the proc MODEL. I think I can program it. The problem here is how to check that my model is the right one ? Do you know how to generated the diagnotic checks given by the Pro c VARMAX with the proc Mo...

Crysis pics
I noticed in the Clear Skies thread, Shawk mentioned he was replaying Crysis with the 2.21 Custom crysis Config, as am I coincidentally (which is possibly due to imminent release of warhead :) ). Thought I'd make a separate thread for some screenies I've uploaded some screen shots to image shack, I have the CCC set to level 5 and the TOD mod installed, realistic shadows rather than ultra sharp (although some shots taken with ccc1.3 installed) DX10 mode. http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot0000ao6.jpg http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot0002ul7.jpg ...

Embedded vs. Non-embedded Tests
As far as I know, Facets is the only large project that uses embedded unit tests. The tests are housed in block comments, eg. =begin test ... =end I have a command line tool that can run the embedded test directly. For deployment, I have another tool that extracts all the embedded tests and copies them to stand-alone test/ files so others can run them. It works fairly well. And the advantage of course is that the unit tests are right there with the libs they test. However, considering that just about everyone else is putting units test in their on test files, I'm wondering if I...

Embedded BerkeleyDB vs. Embedded MySQL
Does any one know Embedded Berkeleydb's performance vs. Embeded MySQL's. ? Any idea would help. Thanks a lot. ...

Forward Mail around The World, Free Joke pics , Free Article , Free Cute pics , Free Beautiful pics , Free Funny Movies, Update New.
Forward Mail around The World, Free Joke pics , Free Article , Free Cute pics , Free Beautiful pics , Free Funny Movies, Update New. ..A Place where every one can Share their views and ideas, A Complete Fun, Entertainment Hub for All. Join Us to have real Entertainment.call us 9789333343,9443081646,9677591766,9677591808,9952757312.. visit anandeuro.blogspot.com anandeuro.blogspot.com ...

my pic
One I did to day I stuck on my web as its got a naked woman in it and I did not wish to offend. http://www.trevbowden.clara.net/ ...

Web resources about - PIC - comp.arch.embedded

Chicago PIC Teaching Collective - Dismantling the Prison Industrial Complex through Popular Education ...
Dismantling the Prison Industrial Complex through Popular Education The Chicago Prison Industrial Complex (PIC) Teaching Collective is an all-volunteer ...

Funny Pics Depot
Funny Pics Depot Follow us on Twitter @FunnyPicsDepot Home Cartoons Meme Ratchet Quotes Contact Info Privacy Policy What MJ really thinks about ...

Pica Pic - retro handheld games collection
Hipopotam's digitalised collection of handheld electronic games

Pic Collage for iPad/iPhone
Download My Collages Friends Blog Support Facebook today's search terms Search He's absolutely perfect!

Tropical Island Pictures, Photos, Images, Pics Mauritius, Maldives, Seychelles, Fiji, Reunion, Hawaii ...
Tropical Islands Pictures, Mauritius, Maldives, Seychelles, Fiji, Reunion, Hawaii, Bora Bora, Tahiti, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Cuba, Dominican ...

Pic Stuff - Pic uControllers and Stuff
microelectronics, ucontroller, microcontroller, electronics, hobby, rc

/r/Pics Gallery on ReddPics - Reddit Pics
View pictures from Sub-reddit /r/ as a gallery. Looking for an image subreddit with minimal rules? Check out /r/images A place to share interesting ...

St. Augustine Pics · Daily Pictures from St. Augustine, Florida
Daily pictures from St. Augustine, Florida. Photos of beaches, nature, city life, history and all things Saint Augustine, Florida.

When Pics Fly
These are images from work I did on Open Season 2 while working with Reel FX in Dallas. Most of the work was done in Maya and RealFlow. There’s ...

Press Pics
... home You will find an extensive, memorable collection from the past and present which will be updated daily to provide an ever growing pictorial ...