right-on

Imagine how useless comp.arch.embedded would be if everybody looking
for
a job posted articles such as yours.  Please refrain from again doing
so.

Michael
          Michael Kesti            |  "And like, one and one don't make
                                          |   two, one and one make
one."
    mrkesti at comcast dot net     |          - The Who, Bargain

Imagine how useless Democracy would be if it were run like usenet news
- I've come to expect this crapshit from you fucking americans.

comp.arch.embedded 20047 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Embedded is the right way?
Hello! I'm a noob on emb, and I need some help choosing a system for my application. I need a board with these interfaces: USB, VGA, Ethernet, general LCD (lcd/led matrix) also with a memory as CompatctFlash (for OS, drivers and datas). I have to write a program that can read an imput from a USB device (as a Barcode reader) and elaborate its with a local database (or LAN database). The output must be displayed by VGA monitor or by LCD/led matrix. Now i must choose my board, which OS and a programming language. I start it with Java, but i don't know if it is a good choice. Can you help me, considering my low knowledge of board, and device programming (a best choice can be a PC-similiar board)? Thank you! PS: can you tell me also a good seller of your suggested board? "Petomarmitta" <peto@marmitta.it> wrote in message news:3hB0i.3570$U01.56055@twister1.libero.it... > Hello! > I'm a noob on emb, and I need some help choosing a system for my > application. > I need a board with these interfaces: USB, VGA, Ethernet, general LCD > (lcd/led matrix) also with a memory as CompatctFlash (for OS, drivers > and datas). > I have to write a program that can read an imput from a USB device (as a > Barcode reader) and elaborate its with a local database (or LAN > database). The output must be displayed by VGA monitor or by LCD/led matrix. > Now i must choose my board, which OS and a programming language. I start > it wi...

Is embedded Linux the right solution?
I am hoping to build a device using the Cypress EZ-HOST chip that basically acts as a USB host, extracts data from a USB mass storage device and sends it on demand to a codec chip. It will also have some form of diagnostic display, probably an LCD. At the heart of the EZ-HOST is Cypress' CY16 RISC processor with 4K x 16 internal ROM, which contains a built-in BIOS, and 8K x 16 internal RAM for code and data buffering. It also has support for external memory. This device will be a prototype and I need to balance the cost of additional hardware carefully with development time. As a result, I should be grateful if someone could assist with the following: i) Would implementing embedded Linux, such as uClinux, be feasible with this chip? ii) Does embedded Linux function just like "regular Linux" in respect of USB mass storage devices? IE automatically register them as, for example, /dev/sda ? iii) How much memory should I expect embedded Linux to need? iv) Can I expect implementing embedded Linux to speed up development significantly over implementing my own firmware using the built-in BIOS? v) Has anyone got any experience with the Cypress EZ-HOST / CY16? Sorry for all the questions! :-) Many thanks, Ben Ben <benjamin-dREMOVETHIS@ntlworld.NOSPAM.com> writes: > I am hoping to build a device using the Cypress EZ-HOST chip that > basically acts as a USB host, extracts data from a USB...

Right way to initialize python embedded in a multi-threaded application
I'm embedding python in a multi-threaded C application. I've taken care to wrap every call to the Python C API with gstate = PyGILState_Ensure(); // call python code PyGILState_Release(gstate); But I'm stumped with what to do in the initialization. Right after the call to Py_IsInitialized() I've added a call: PyEval_InitThreads(); The docs say that this function leaves the GIL locked when it returns. I do some more initializations like importing modules and then I call PyEval_ReleaseLock(); This seems to cause a problem since not long after a call to PyGILState_Release(gs...

Right time at the right place.
Hello fellow computer and internet user, Its our time to EARN residual income from the computer repair and internet expensis we have.I don't want to waste important your time, just give me a chance to reveal these honest to goodness "Internet Money Earning Secrets!". Our system is AUTOMATED so you don't have to worry about personal rejection. And, when you do find someone who's really serious about improving their finances, our automated system presents your business opportunity to them, one step at a time. People that have read this same email just 1-2 months ago, are now making the kind of income they knew they were worth! What would you do, and whom would you spend your time with, when you're earning the kind of profits you'd like? It's easy to get started as a FREE member NO OBLIGATION. Just Email me. Ferdinand_arche@yahoo.com with subjext line "Register me for free demo" and please include your: First name: Last Name: Country you represent: And just check your inbox for confirmation. If you don't want the business,you can unsubscribe anytime. Sincerely, Ferdinand Arche ***************************************************************** Note: Just hit reply with " REMOVE" in the subject for no further emails. ...

Microsoft and rights management. right...
What M$ has in store for you. http://www.gripe2ed.com/scoop/story/2003/9/25/101437/094 -- Regards, JP "The measure of a man is what he will do while expecting that he will get nothing in return!" Macintosh for productivity. Linux for servers. Palm/Visor for mobility. Windows to feed the Black Hole in your IT budget In article <jpolaski-457F9F.17031301102003@netnews.attbi.com>, Jim Polaski wrote: > What M$ has in store for you. > > http://www.gripe2ed.com/scoop/story/2003/9/25/101437/094 Gosh...Microsoft providing what the customers want. How evil of them. -- Evidence Eliminator is worthless. See evidence-eliminator-sucks.com --Tim Smith In article <t7%fb.2706$Qy2.138@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Tim Smith <reply_in_group@mouse-potato.com> wrote: > In article <jpolaski-457F9F.17031301102003@netnews.attbi.com>, Jim Polaski > wrote: > > What M$ has in store for you. > > > > http://www.gripe2ed.com/scoop/story/2003/9/25/101437/094 > > Gosh...Microsoft providing what the customers want. How evil of them. I hope you had your tongue firmly in cheek when you typed that! <G> I saw this the other day and figure out I'll handle it just like I handle unwanted callers on my phone and spam in my email, only a bit more forcefully. Should I receive one of these idiot secure documents or email, just bounce them right back! But a question arises, if it is 'secure' but only can...

Embedding Python in an embedded system
Howdy. I'm looking at embedding python in a little embedded system. The device (a linksys wrt54g router, popular hack object since it runs linux), has limited resources. Just 4MB flash and 16MB memory. I'm interested in Python because I need to be more agile with developing an application for this platform. Currently I am using C++ but it takes just too much time to develop/debug code. Does anyone have experience doing something like this? S. Stefan Arentz wrote: > Howdy. > > I'm looking at embedding python in a little embedded system. The device > (a linksys wr...

Disable Right Click on Embedded Real & Quick Time players.

ARCH
Hello, I'm trying to estimate a VAR model of two equations. - the portmanteau test shows that my residuals are cross correlated - one of my equation exihibit an ARCH pattern I cannot use the AUTOREG procedure as I have a system of equations to estimate. I cannot use the VARMAX procedure because it is not possible to impose an ARCH structure for one equation only. I guess I should opt for the proc MODEL. I think I can program it. The problem here is how to check that my model is the right one ? Do you know how to generated the diagnotic checks given by the Pro c VARMAX with the proc Mo...

setuid right without execution rights
Hello, I saw that you can give setuid rights to a file without execution right. What's the point of this ? In article <422d7f6d$0$17144$636a15ce@news.free.fr>, Jeremy <sargon@no-log.org.spamno> wrote: > Hello, > I saw that you can give setuid rights to a file without execution right. > What's the point of this ? What OS are we talking about? The way you talk about this leads me to believe you may not come from a UNIX background. On MacOS X, the chmod man page says (the set-user-ID-on-execution bit) Executable files with this bit set will run w...

Z1300 Update: InkStop Does Right, but Are They Right?
Well, I hauled the nonfunctioning Lexmark 34/35 "compatibles" back to InkStop this afternoon. Guess Kid Behind the Counter from Saturday must be back in school. His BIg Sister, who sold me the original pair, was back. Only today she was accompanied by Gramps, who I guess runs the place. Both of them repeated Kid's suggestion that I trade in their cartridges for a pair of OEMs, but to their credit and their company's, they didn't hesitate to refund my money when I told them I'd already bought OEMs elsewhere. Anyway, Gramps says they get around 4 per cent ...

block the right port on the right ip
hi,i know in some countries, several people share the same ip but different ports, so i think "block ip only" is not appropriate. may we should just block the right port at the right ip.does anybody there agree with me? samplestrategy@gmail.com dixit: > hi,i know in some countries, several people share the same ip but > different ports, In order to share the same physical IP address, you gotta have a router that supports NAT or some other protocol that will translate between public (physical) and virtual (private) IP addresses. So, the rule is, a host...

what does SHIFT-left-or-right of up-down-left-right do?
Well, I know about shift up-and-down: shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the cursor all the way to the beginning or the end. shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes to scroll-down that FIRST time.) What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the left and right arrows? Oh, apparantely undocumented, I've found (via mistaken key-pushes) that RIGHT-arrow will do a SWAP (on stack), and that an UP-arrow gets you into HIST (that HIST is *one nice feature*!) Other tricks with those arrows? Thanks! David David Combs wrote: > Well, I know about shift up-and-down: > > shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on > choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the > cursor all the way to the beginning or the end. > > shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the > screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click > *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN > choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes > to scroll-down that FIRST time.) > > > What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the > left and right arrows? > > > Oh, apparantely undocumented,...

The right criticisms for the right OS (and/or its users)
I'm sure everyone will agree that Windows 7 flat-out rocks. No? Well, get a life, then. But yeah, Vista was the Windows Me of NT- based OSes, and now they're quickly putting XP out to pasture, when it's still the most widely used OS, and those are fair criticisms of Microsoft. (Then again, in Vista's case, they would have at some point had to release it - and it never would've gotten good enough until after it was released. That's unfortunately part of the game they were playing, but it was worth it to get past the initial rewrite, and achieve Win7. The NT/2000/XP codebase was indeed too burdened to build on, not that that implies anything about XP or its predecessors, which were part of the gradual transition into modern computing.) But to all the Unix geekwads (and no, that *isn't* a criticism of the software *itself*) who want to attack MS over their OEM licensing (among other ass-pulled-from stuff), just realize that you're wrong. Why are nearly all competitively priced computers only sold with Windows? Well, do you know *anything* about business, or do you just assume that it must be Microsoft's alleged bullying? The OEMs benefit from that licensing. It's called volume. They get discounted, widely usable software, they churn out hundreds of identical machines, people get a bargain - no doubt *cheaper* than offering options would be, for the same hardware. If you don't want the software, it's called formatting. W...

Is it right?
hi I'm a beginner in matlab and I have to plot these FS but I'm not sure of my codes so could anyone help me!!! sawtooth signal x(t)=(2A/�)(sin(wt)-(1/2)sin(2wt)+(1/3)sin(3wt)- ...) my code is: T=.01 t=0:.000001:.03 x=0 for i=1:21 x=x+((sin(2*pi*(t/T)))/i) end plot(x) fully-rectified consinusoid x(t)=(2A/�)(1+(2/3)cos(wt)-(2/15)cos(2wt)+(2/35)cos(3wt)...) I don't know how to write it's code ??help me plz ...

Rights
I have a basic question regarding rights. What level of rights do I have to have to grant another user update rights? I don't want to give everyone owner rights. Can a person with update rights grant another person update rights? Thanks. "Chris_M" <cmcclendon@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:d6cef4db.0311260956.5893b978@posting.google.com... > I have a basic question regarding rights. What level of rights do I > have to have to grant another user update rights? I don't want to > give everyone owner rights. Can a person with update rights grant > another person update rights? > > Thanks. You can grant a user update rights per table (and per column) if necessary. If you specify WITH GRANT OPTION, then that user can grant the update right to other users. There are examples in Books Online in the syntax for GRANT. A general best practice is to manage permissions with roles, not by individual user, as it makes things a lot easier. Also have a look at the built-in roles, such as db_datareader and db_datawriter, which can be useful. In general, though, it's considered better to allow data access only through stored procedures, if this is possible in your situation. This means that users never require update permissions on tables, they only have execute permissions on the procedures. That gives you more flexibility, as you can add logic to the procedure for more control. Check out "Using Ownership Chains" in Boo...

I was right again!!!
I predicted after the launch of Windows 8 that the operating system would flop in a tremendous way and that it would lead to the ouster of both Sinofsky and Ballmer. Sinofsky left shortly after the release of Windows 8. Ballmer just today announced his departure. That makes my predictions 3 out of 3!! Next year I predict we will see a sizable number of Windows XP users defect to Linux as M$ stops supporting the OS. Some people have suggested that M$ will keep supporting XP just to prevent Linux from establishing a beachhead on the desktop. I however, predict that they will make the (wrong) gamble that XP users will buy a new computer with Windows 8.2 (yes, I'm predicting a further point upgrade of Windows 8 too). After 30% of desktop users have switched to Linux the company will be in a death throe, quickly spiraling out of control. I'm gonna enjoy watching the demise of MicroShaft!! ...

Right Away, Firefox Looks and Feel Right
<http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/video/> Once again, the Firefox team shows they get the importance of being consistent with an environment... -- [INSERT .SIG HERE] "Snit" <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> schreef in bericht news:C670316E.38DA1%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com... > <http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/video/> Let's wait for the Kohltard moron to tell you that this video is forged! > > Once again, the Firefox team shows they get the importance of being > consistent with an environment... > Mmm, yes but I like Opera more! On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 21:17:34 -0700, Snit wrote: > <http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/video/> > > Once again, the Firefox team shows they get the importance of being > consistent with an environment... It feels faster than the previous version. At least the Windows version does. I know the Linux version had pre-release memory leaks so who knows if that got fixed before release. Abeel van der Kloothuysen stated in post 4a4b61f2$1@news.x-privat.org on 7/1/09 6:17 AM: > "Snit" <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> schreef in bericht > news:C670316E.38DA1%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com... >> <http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/video/> > > Let's wait for the Kohltard moron to tell you that this video is forged! LOL! Yes... >> Once again, the Firefox team shows they get the importance of being >> consistent with an...

is this right?
hello! I'm trying to add many images, in the same figure then I try to get the standard deviation & contast.... I began with this: To read in the raw image data, For example, a 640x480 set of 10 images: % f=fopen('filename','rb'); % I=reshape(fread(fp,640*480*10,'uchar'),[640 480 10]); % fclose(f); Now I compute the contrast for a 7x7 region for all 10 files Nf=10; SC=zeros(size(I)); for i=1:Nf, SC(:,:,i)=colfilt(I(:,:,i),[7 7],'sliding',contrast); end Now I get the average the 10 files together SCm=mean(SC,3); why it does nor work, and how I ...

Right on
December 11, 2007, 9:40 am Comic relief: The Apple Product Cycle As Macworld approaches, this is as good a time as any to revisit the canonical Apple Product Cycle, boiled down to 36 steps by an anonymous humorist who called himself misterbg. Originally posted more than three years ago, it rings as a true today as it did then. The full parody is available here. A sample below: It begins: An obscure component manufacturer somewhere in the Pacific Rim announces a major order for some bleeding-edge piece of technology that could conceivably become part of an expensive, digital-lifestyle-enhancing nerd toy. Soon: Eager Mac-heads fan the flames by flooding the Mac discussion forums with more groundless conjecture. Threads pop up around feature wish lists, favorite colors, and likely retail price points. Months later: As Macworld or the Worldwide Developer's Conference draws near, the chatter builds to a fever pitch. Rumor sites jockey for position, posting a new unverifiable, contradictory rumor every hour or so. eBay is flooded with six-month-old, slightly used gadgets as college students, underemployed web designers and independent musicians struggle to clear credit card space. Macworld arrives: Steve Jobs spends the first half-hour of his keynote crowing about how many iPods shipped during the previous six months and how many "native applications" have been developed for OS X. Attempting to appear as though it's just an aftertho...

Is this right?
Am I right in making these assumptions? When an application is linked to the shared C library it calls XSharedCLibrary_LibInitAPCS_32, and this fills in the stubs (that initially look like lots of MOV PC,#0 instructions) with branches to entry points of code inside the CLib module. Branches must be to addresses within + or - 8Mb, there being only 24 bitsworth of offset in the branch instruction. Ergo, the CLib module must be stored within 8Mb of the area in which applications run. -- Gavin Wraith (gavin@wra1th.plus.com) Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/ On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 13:41:22 +0100, Gavin Wraith wrote: > Am I right in making these assumptions? > > When an application is linked to the shared C library it > calls XSharedCLibrary_LibInitAPCS_32, and this fills > in the stubs (that initially look like lots of MOV PC,#0 > instructions) with branches to entry points of code > inside the CLib module. > > Branches must be to addresses within + or - 8Mb, there > being only 24 bitsworth of offset in the branch instruction. > > Ergo, the CLib module must be stored within 8Mb of the area > in which applications run. Hmm. Interesting question. I always seem to recall them being branches, but it can't be that simple for precisely the reasons you describe. Are you sure they're branches, rather than say, a load of LDR PC, someaddress, where someaddress is near the trampoline and is also filled in by the Shared C Library?...

does PHP read left to right or right to left?
I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable called 'image' and prints what it finds. showThumbnail takes an image for a parameter and resizes it before sending it to the screen. But when I do this: <?php showThumbnail(currentImage(), 20, 20); ?> showThumbnail is telling me that it is not being given a file name, and currentImage is printing the file name to the screen. How is that possible? What is the right way to do this? lawrence k wrote: > I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable > called 'image' and prints what it finds. showThumbnail takes an image > for a parameter and resizes it before sending it to the screen. But > when I do this: > > <?php showThumbnail(currentImage(), 20, 20); ?> > > showThumbnail is telling me that it is not being given a file name, and > currentImage is printing the file name to the screen. How is that > possible? What is the right way to do this? Nevermind, I'm an idiot. currentImage was echoing its result to the screen instead of returning it. lawrence k wrote: > I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable > called 'image' and prints what it finds. showThumbnail takes an image > for a parameter and resizes it before sending it to the screen. But > when I do this: > > <?php showThumbnail(currentImage(), 20, 20); ?> currentImage() will execute before showThumbnai...

Rights
Hi! Connected as user x i like to know which rights user x has, related to all objects in the database and what right is needed to create a user? Greetings, Ralf Ralf Schnickmann wrote: > Hi! > > Connected as user x i like to know which rights user x has, related to all > objects in the database and what right is needed to create a user? > > Greetings, Ralf USER_SYS_PRIVS USER_TAB_PRIVS USER_TAB_PRIVS_RECD USER_COL_PRIVS USER_COL_PRIVS_RECD USER_ROLE_PRIVS -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/aoa/aoa_main.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) So I created this query: SELECT TABLE_NAME, OWNER, PRIVILEGE FROM USER_TAB_PRIVS UNION SELECT TABLE_NAME, TABLE_SCHEMA, PRIVILEGE FROM USER_ROLE_PRIVS, ALL_TAB_PRIVS WHERE GRANTED_ROLE = GRANTEE In sql+ or in toad in can start this query correctly and it returns several rows. But starting this query in my c# application i got no rows returned. The intresting thing is that i can start these two SELECT statements seperatly with the correct result. Only the union of these statements fails... no errors but no rows returned... Any ideas? Geetings, Ralf "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan@exxesolutions.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3F4D07F1.2718B2C3@exxesolutions.com... > Ralf Schnickmann wrote: >...

Acupuncture courses: Right choice for right people
Here I am providing all the details about the acupuncture courses, I hope this will help to all newcomers for finding information on it. Acupuncture and Herbal: The course will cover Chinese anatomy, meridians and points, pathology, pulse reading and analysis, tongue, face, eye and skin diagnosis. Spinal Acupuncture: This is helpful for spinal movement. Advanced Needle Manipulation: This is a unique course specializing in authentic needling techniques with an explanation of correct usage of reinforcing and reducing needling manipulations. Auricular acupuncture and Stress Management: The emphasis of the course falls on the practical application of auricular acupuncture in alcohol and drug rehabilitation. Cosmetic Acupuncture: It is very practically orientated with lots of hands-on training. Acupressure Massage: The emphasis of the course falls on the practical application of acupressure massage as treatment for variety of muscle- skeletal conditions. Sports and Traumatic Injury: The day begins with a theoretical explanation. After applying massage therapy on sport injury. Chinese Herbal Medicine: 2 Year professional Training Diploma Course. Each module will cover 10 Herbs which are similar you will study their differences to understand the feature properties of each medicine Chinese Pulse, Tongue and Face: 1 Year Diploma Course, It helpful for Pulse, Tongue Facial diagnosis. Each module will cover Pulse, Tongue and facial signs to focus attention on a particular syndrom...

We were right
The Amiga One is as good as dead now that even the board supplier has gone belly-up. That would explain the warranty issues and why dealers and developers are leaving in droves. For some insight look here... http://flyingmice.com/cgi-bin/squidcgi/mbthread.pl/amiga/expand/113458?page=1 (thanks Terry for the link) Clockmeister wrote: > The Amiga One is as good as dead now that even the board supplier has gone > belly-up. That would explain the warranty issues and why dealers and > developers are leaving in droves. > > For some insight look here... > > http://flyingmice.com/cgi-bin/squidcgi/mbthread.pl/amiga/expand/113458?page=1 > > (thanks Terry for the link) Well, for what it's worth the domain "mai.com" is still registered. But it doesn't look like the site is coming back. I didn't try the phone number myself, but it wouldn't be any big surprise if they had gone under. Meanwhile, OS4 has been in "pre-release" form for a year now. Apparently some people on AW are clinging to the hopes that OS4 will eventually wind up somewhere, anywhere. Today I saw a thread on AW where someone found a "screenshot" of FireFox running on OS4. Turned out to be a hoax, but how pathetic is that when people get excited because a basic application like a *web browser* might be available? As slow as development has been over the past year, and as many projects have been abandoned, it's pretty clear that OS4 will...

Web resources about - right-on - comp.arch.embedded

Facebook Tests Navigation Bar Layout With Search On Left, Messages And Notifications On Right
... of the navigation bar, with the search box next to the word “Facebook,” and the icons for messages and notifications pushed to the right-hand ...

Fantastical 2 - Calendars and Reminders Done Right on the App Store on iTunes
Get Fantastical 2 - Calendars and Reminders Done Right on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Clews-Todd Report 4: Update On Right-Wing Extremists - YouTube
Clews-Todd Report 4: Update On Right-Wing Extremists - YouTube

Terror threat proves John Howard was right on guns
Sometimes the passage of time allows us to see clearly what we did not see before.

ALP seeks to stop immigrants turning right on arrival
ALP seeks to stop immigrants turning right on arrival

Teens must know rights on questions of consent
The Youth Affairs Council of Victoria advocates on behalf of Victorian young people and wants all young people to be aware of their rights.

ALP seeks to stop immigrants turning right on arrival
ALP seeks to stop immigrants turning right on arrival

'What we're competing on right now is our clear vision for change,' says Liberal spokesperson Kate Purchase ...
After weeks on the hustings, the Liberals are in a dead heat with both the Conservatives and the NDP. Kate Purchase says that Justin Trudeau ...

Energy East talks with First Nations on right path: Fontaine
... pipeline hasn't been without its challenges, but the former chief of the Assembly of First Nations believes TransCanada Corp. is on the right ...

The very real dangers of turning right on a red light
From bumper creepers to throttle jammers, pedestrians and cyclists have to be aware of the dangers of right turns on a red signal