Something like FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? Parallel -> USB with real USB 2.0 bandwidth ?

Hello,

is there a chip, in functionality like a FT245BM for USB 2.0 ?
I found on websites mentioning the FT245BM compatible for USB 2.0,
but i think they don't use USB 2.0, because transfer rate is "only" 1
MByte/s, which looks like high speed USB.

Is there a faster parallel USB chip, which achieves more than 1 MByte / s ?
I think with USB 2.0 there must be at least a factor of 10 to this speed ?

Regards,

        Martin

0
capiman (33)
3/4/2004 8:39:28 AM
comp.arch.embedded 20047 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

"Martin Maurer" <capiman@clibb.de> wrote in

> Hello,
>
> is there a chip, in functionality like a FT245BM for USB 2.0 ?
> I found on websites mentioning the FT245BM compatible for USB 2.0,
> but i think they don't use USB 2.0, because transfer rate is "only" 1
> MByte/s, which looks like high speed USB.
>
> Is there a faster parallel USB chip, which achieves more than 1 MByte
> / s ? I think with USB 2.0 there must be at least a factor of 10 to
> this speed ?
>
> Regards,
>
>         Martin

The FT245BM is a USB 2.0 device that can operate at 12 Mb/s (USB full
speed).

Cypress has a high speed part that is functionally similar called the
SX2. Evidently, they have some drivers that are similar to the DLL that
FTDI distributes. I am looking into this part for a project, but I don't
know very many details yet.

-
Al Clark
Danville Signal Processing, Inc.
Purveyors of Fine DSP Hardware and other Cool Stuff
Available at http://www.danvillesignal.com
0
dsp825 (453)
3/4/2004 3:12:23 PM
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 09:39:28 +0100, Martin Maurer wrote:

>is there a chip, in functionality like a FT245BM for USB 2.0 ?
>I found on websites mentioning the FT245BM compatible for USB 2.0,
>but i think they don't use USB 2.0, because transfer rate is "only" 1
>MByte/s, which looks like high speed USB.

I think it's referred to as "full speed" - the fastest USB1.1 could
go.

>Is there a faster parallel USB chip, which achieves more than 1 MByte / s ?

Cypress and NetChip have working devices apparently, but I haven't
used them.

>I think with USB 2.0 there must be at least a factor of 10 to this speed ?

USB 2.0 goes to 450Mbps, or around 50+MB/sec.

Be aware that support for high-speed USB 2.0 is somewhat patchy in
current OSs. Microsoft have released EHCI drivers for XP, and I
understand that drivers for Linux also exist, but that's about it so
far as I know.

Some links and further info here:
http://www.beyondlogic.org/usb/usbhard2.htm

--
  Max
0
"Max" <mtj2@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 09:39:28 +0100, Martin Maurer wrote:
>
> >is there a chip, in functionality like a FT245BM for USB 2.0 ?
> >I found on websites mentioning the FT245BM compatible for USB 2.0,
> >but i think they don't use USB 2.0, because transfer rate is "only" 1
> >MByte/s, which looks like high speed USB.
>
> I think it's referred to as "full speed" - the fastest USB1.1 could
> go.
>
> >Is there a faster parallel USB chip, which achieves more than 1 MByte / s
?

> Cypress and NetChip have working devices apparently, but I haven't
> used them.

Stay away from Cypress - we've had nothing but hassles with both the devices
and the company.  NetChip has been great to work with though.

> >I think with USB 2.0 there must be at least a factor of 10 to this speed
?

> USB 2.0 goes to 450Mbps, or around 50+MB/sec.

Wrong, USB 2.0 High Speed is 480 Mbps.

For whatever reason, USB.org has dropped reference to USB 1.1 for the slower
devices.  All are included in the USB2.0 specification.  So, the end user
and developer has to read deeper than just the spec number in the reference.
USB High Speed is 480- MBps, Full Speed is 12 MBps, low speed is 1.5 Mbps.

> Be aware that support for high-speed USB 2.0 is somewhat patchy in
> current OSs. Microsoft have released EHCI drivers for XP, and I
> understand that drivers for Linux also exist, but that's about it so
> far as I know.

We have high speed USB devices working in VxWorks as well as Win-XP, and
Win-2K.  There are drivers available for Linux for the NetChip devices as
well.

> Some links and further info here:
> http://www.beyondlogic.org/usb/usbhard2.htm
>
> --
>   Max

> The FT245BM is a USB 2.0 device that can operate at 12 Mb/s (USB full
> speed).

12 MBit/s was already possible with USB 1.1, for this i don't need USB 2.0
:-(
USB 2.0 supports 480 MBit/s, which should give much more than 1 MByte/s...

> Cypress has a high speed part that is functionally similar called the
> SX2. Evidently, they have some drivers that are similar to the DLL that
> FTDI distributes. I am looking into this part for a project, but I don't
> know very many details yet.

I will have a look on this !

Thanks,

         Martin

0
capiman (33)
3/4/2004 5:01:20 PM
Martin Maurer wrote:

> > The FT245BM is a USB 2.0 device that can operate at 12 Mb/s (USB full
> > speed).
>
> 12 MBit/s was already possible with USB 1.1, for this i don't need USB 2.0
> :-(
> USB 2.0 supports 480 MBit/s, which should give much more than 1 MByte/s...
>
> > Cypress has a high speed part that is functionally similar called the
> > SX2. Evidently, they have some drivers that are similar to the DLL that
> > FTDI distributes. I am looking into this part for a project, but I don't
> > know very many details yet.
>
> I will have a look on this !

Perhaps someone who designs USB devices can explain this.  I have been
told by the chip companies that USB 2.0 full speed devices are not the
same as USB 1.1 full speed.  I have been told that there are operational
differences, or enhancements I guess is a better term, that a USB 1.1
full speed device is not automatically a USB 2.0 full speed device.  Is
that correct?  Does USB 2.0 require new features or modes?

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

rick.collins@XYarius.com
removed.

> Perhaps someone who designs USB devices can explain this.  I have been
> told by the chip companies that USB 2.0 full speed devices are not the
> same as USB 1.1 full speed.

Could it have something to do with the following:

1) USB 1.1 with full speed occupies the line (around 100 %) with 12 MBit /
s.
2) When a USB 2.0 device is used with 12 MBit / s (which is also full
speed), than only around 12 / 480 is used.

Only speculation...

Regards,

          Martin

0
capiman (33)
3/4/2004 6:04:38 PM
> > Cypress and NetChip have working devices apparently, but I haven't
> > used them.
>
> Stay away from Cypress - we've had nothing but hassles with both the
devices
> and the company.  NetChip has been great to work with though.

I'm just looking for an USB 2.0 high speed peripheral right now, and of
course the SX2 was high on the list.
I saw Netchip devices, but thought that Cypress "visibility" would have make
the FX2/SX2 family reliable for being widely used.

Our distributor looks good for Cypress... but what about the devices ?

Please, could you share with us your bad experiences ?

"Antonio Pasini" <NOSPAM_pasini.a@tin.it> wrote in message
> > > Cypress and NetChip have working devices apparently, but I haven't
> > > used them.
> >
> > Stay away from Cypress - we've had nothing but hassles with both the
> devices
> > and the company.  NetChip has been great to work with though.
>
> I'm just looking for an USB 2.0 high speed peripheral right now, and of
> course the SX2 was high on the list.
> I saw Netchip devices, but thought that Cypress "visibility" would have
make
> the FX2/SX2 family reliable for being widely used.
>
> Our distributor looks good for Cypress... but what about the devices ?
>
> Please, could you share with us your bad experiences ?

Cypress has proven to be significantly less than reliable as a supplier.
They have not been responsive to repeated phone calls and emails for support
that was agreed to while in the hardware design phase.

The SX2 & FX2 do NOT satisfy USB compliance tests for back drive voltage
without the addition of obscure hardware & a specific software mechanism.

NetChip, on the other hand, actually acted like they wanted our business and
valued us as a customer.  They were extremely responsive to ALL issues as
they came up.  Their devices satisfy ALL USB compliance testing without
extra design caveats.

"Antonio Pasini" <NOSPAM_pasini.a@tin.it> wrote in message news:<0aM1c.17160$36.589027@news4.tin.it>...

> I'm just looking for an USB 2.0 high speed peripheral right now, and of
> course the SX2 was high on the list.
> I saw Netchip devices, but thought that Cypress "visibility" would have make
> the FX2/SX2 family reliable for being widely used.

In the past, Cypress have had no problem lying to your face: "Yes, we
have no intention of obsoleting these parts."

That is, until you go into production and actually order the parts,
and your distributor says they're going away.

Cygnal's 8051-based USB microcontrollers are USB 2.0 full-speed
compliant (which means that they only run at 12 Mbps), their
development kits are pretty cheap, and the chips have in-system debug
capability (gotta love that).  I'm going to use one on my next USB
project.

-a
0
Bassman59a (39)

USB 2.0 vs USB 3.0
Recently; i found myself over at Best Buy and Found a Toshiba Hard Drive,= =20 1 Tb for $99 and i thought; 'That is too good to be true.' and also; Toshiba ??? Would they betray me ? So i bought it. And i did get it to work a little bit, which would suggest that the USB 3.0= cable that came with it, Would work with my MacBook and its USB 2.0 Vulvas= ,=20 but it didn't work very well. The Plug was 'Wiggly' And the Cable that came= with it was like 4 inches long, and it is Very Difficult to find an Extens= ion Cable for this sort of thing. i wanted to just drop by a store and get = one, but i had to buy one on the Interweb, from Amazon, and the Shortest th= ey had was for 276 Feet.=20 Or so. Also; This Wiggliness that i spoke of, The HardDrive wouldn't 'Connect' Pro= perly, and by this, i mean that the little light on the Hard Drive would no= t come on, Unless i pressed down ( Gently ) on the USB 3.0 Plug.=20 All i wanted was a slightly longer cable. So the Plug for it was Wiggly Too! And the Hard Drive did not work well,=20 i wanted to Partition it, because i had heard or read that i had to partiti= on it to get it to load The Start Up Disk and Then Re-Boot my MacBook from = it, Which i now suspect, may not be correct ( ? ) But anyways; While trying to Partition the Hard Drive, it somehow Broke. i seemed to have done it once, then when i decided to eliminate one of the = Partitioned Zones, it Slowed Way,...

USB 3.0 Hub treatment of USB 2.0 connections.
My old USB 2.0 hub (7 port with external power) had been getting increasingly flaky over time with various devices dropping out and re-connecting (printer, keyboard wireless receiver and so on) so I bought a new one. An Anker 7 port USB 3.0 with ext. p/s. I had no USB 3.0 peripherals when I first hooked it up. When looking at system profiler there were no USB 3.0 devices - not even the hub - showing. Fastest interface was shown as 480 Mb/s. Today I received a couple USB 3.0 docks and after initially hooking them straight to the Mac, I tried, as an experiment, passing the USB 3.0 through the hub. Did not connect. So I powered off the hub and disconnected it from the Mac, then reconnected it all. The disk appeared. And the Highspeed USB 3.0 appeared in profile (at 5 Gb/s). So once it's running with USB 2.0 devices only connected, the hub doesn't take to new 3.0 devices showing up. Once they're there, it's fine. Copy rate via the hub from the disk on the 3.0 was the same as a direct connection. (I've since put the USB 3.0 disk directly to the computer). I had assumed that USB 2.0 traffic would be "wrapped" in USB 3.0 and passed to the computer and unwrapped. But it appears it remains electrically and logically USB 2.0. (Then I found this: http://via-labs.com/en/images/products/vl812/vl812-blkdiagram.jpg implying that USB 2.0 and 3.0 follow different hardware paths (not clear if those ...

USB HDD 20GB USB 2.0
Please can anyone tell me if this is OK? I really need some feedback, as I've got major storage problems!!! Ta http://www.ok2bid.com/cgi-bin/auction.pl?item=471073511735 ...

Connector to USB 2.0 Cable USB Power Adapter Polishing cloth Works with Many GSM carriers including: AT&T #2
(paypal payment)(www.goodsaler.com ) Brand NEW 16GB iPhones (Unlocked) with Newest Firmware Version 1.1.4. Stereo Headset with mic Dock Dock Connector to USB 2.0 Cable USB Power Adapter Polishing cloth Works with Many GSM carriers including: AT&T GSM Cingular GSM T-Mobile Rogers Wireles Fido Vodaphone Orange O2 any other GSM carriers Worldwide Comes new in original box and all accessories. (paypal payment)(www.goodsaler.com ) spam ...

USB 2.0 problem: Could USB stick have been the cause?
I recently had my T41's (2373-3kg) mother board replaced (on warranty) because of the problem described on the following page: http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_USB_2.0 In short: My USB 2.0 ports stopped working properly under LINUX and under Windows. Now, I wonder whether the cause of the problem could be the following unorthodox USB memory stick. It was the last new USB device that I bought before the problem started to occur. http://www.ocztechnology.com/images/products/accessories/b/Mini_Kart2.jpg Any idea? Also, could the new mother board die in the same way that t...

How can I tell if my PC has USB or the new USB 2.0?
I have been trying to figure this out for a while, and do not know how!! klhurst3@aol.com (Klhurst3) wrote in news:20031214172608.26022.00000901@mb- m06.aol.com: > I have been trying to figure this out for a while, and do not know how!! See http://www.everythingusb.com/usb2/faq.htm ...

[ANN] gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2, gettext_rails-2.0.2
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.0.2 and the families (gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2 and gettext_rails-2.0.2) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- == gettext-2.0.2 * Support ruby-1.9.1 style format string such as %<foo>d. * Apply new Locale.set_app_language_tags and Locale.candidates. [Suggested by Vladimir Dobriakov] * Enhance...

update Oracle from 10.2.0.2.0 to 10.2.0.2.0
Where can I get the software for 10g 10.2.0.2.0. for Windows XP 32 bit. Thank you very much. "keekee" <moongeegee@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: f3b21ed0-12fd-4812-b9da-60cf59d508b9@i9g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... | Where can I get the software for 10g 10.2.0.2.0. for Windows XP 32 | bit. | Thank you very much. On Metalink (My Oracle Support). https://support.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash.html Regards Michel ...

iBook USB 1.0 or 2.0?
Hi, Are iBooks equiped with two USB 1.0 ports, or 2.0? thanks, AJ In article <3efa9ec0$0$8308$4d4ebb8e@read.news.nl.uu.net>, "AJ" <mail@nl.nl> wrote: > Are iBooks equiped with two USB 1.0 ports, or 2.0? Yes. According to the new USB 2.0 spec, all USB 1.0 ports are now USB 2.0 ports! -- Enough <enough@idontcare.com> In article <3efa9ec0$0$8308$4d4ebb8e@read.news.nl.uu.net>, AJ <mail@nl.nl> wrote: > Are iBooks equiped with two USB 1.0 ports, or 2.0? They are USB 1.1 ports. The only announced Mac with USB 2.0 (&...

move ZFS mountpoint from USB 1.1 to USB 2.0 port
I created a mountpoint called /tdusb1 on a USB 1.1 port conncted to a 1TB LaCie hard drive. I discoverd that our system has a USB 2.0 port and want to move the logical mountpoint to a new physical USB port. How do I do it? Actually, I will need to do the same sort of thing from one Solaris 10 system to another in the future. I don't care about plug-and-play and hot swappable as long as I can read the same drive from different Sun systems. I assume that there are ZFS related commands for doing this but don't want to experiment too much as the USB hard drive already has valuable stuff ...

USB flash drive speed USB1.1 vs USB 2.0
My laptop's USB ports advertised to be USB 2.0 When I use one of them to transfer a 106 MegaByte folder of many subfolders and files to a Sandisk 256 MB flash drive it takes about fourty minutes 2.7 MegaBytes per Minute. Does this sound right for USB 2.0 or USB 1.1? The new laptop is not executing any other programs and the hard disk light is off. Big education for me. USB 1.1 and 2.0 are standards, not speeds. Each has a high speed and a low speed. To know what your peripheral is going to do you must ignore the 1.1 and 2.0 designations as meaningless. What counts is ...

laptop usb 1.1 + scanner usb 2.0 + modem ADSL = ?????!!!!!*****
I have a laptop with a single USB 1.1 port. My new scanner (Epson 3170 usb 2.0) works fine with it and so does my ADSL modem but both can't work together. I have tried to make them "cooperate" with a Sitecom Usb pocket hub which needs an external power adapter and of course it doesn't work without it; do you think it would work if I had one? Or is there any other possibility (Pcmcia/usb card for example)? Thank you for your future wise advice. Good chance powered hub will work, but not guaranteed. Is your modem USB only? If ethernet also, as one more option, y...

Compatibilit� USB 2.0 et USB 1.1 avec W2K ?
Bonjour Je rencontre un PB avec l'une de mes cl�s USB qui est USB 2.0 et qui bug lorsque je la connacte sur un hub USB 1.1 : je la "vois" sur le PC mais je ne peux y transf�rer quoique ce soit, malgr� l'installation des drivers sp�cifiques. Ayant constat� qu'avec XP, chaque fois que l'on connecte un p�riph�rique USB 2.0 sur un port 1.1 XP signale qu'il peux y avoir des porbl�mes, je vous drais savoir si cela existe aussi avec W2K. Merci d'avance Sorry Pegasus Mail is NOT USB 1.x or 2.0 compliant. Dave ;-) <John.Viel@caramail.rem...

USB Robotics not recognizing USB 3.0 2.5 hdd (enclosure)
For some strange reason my US Robotics USB 3.0 expresscard adapter is not recognizing my USB 2.5 HDD enclosure with the USB 3.0 adapter. Windows 7 recognizes my USB 3.5 hdd enclosure fine however. The hdd is being recognized by the USB 2.0 port however. ...

LaTex equation numbering like 2.1, 2.2, also 2.0.1, 2.0,2, 2.1.1, etc
David Roach wrote: > Is there a simple command to have latex number > the equations by the section numbers automatically. > > David From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% % number equations within sections % In preamble \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Numbers within sections...I use this all the time in articles. Even works with ******************* ******************* Brilliant. And then I got numbering within subsections by repeating and editing (not replacing), so I now have:- (Just after the documentClass command) \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{subsection} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesubsection.\arabic{equation}} Bob Bob Marlow schrieb: > David Roach wrote: > >> Is there a simple command to have latex number >> the equations by the section numbers automatically. >> >> David > > From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% > > % number equations within sections > % In preamble > > \makeatletter > \@addtoreset{equation}{section} > \makeatother > \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% [more code] > Hi! I th...

Gnome Pilot 2.0 not syncing Palm M515 using USB cradle Fedora Core 2 kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3
Hello I have successfully synched using this pilot / cradle / PC (ThinkPad T21) combination using Chapura conduits running under Windows XP Pro - so all the hardware is fine. I have just run the gnome pilot configuration applet. I have a USB cradle and have tried various dev/pilot settings. When I press the HotSync button on the cradle - no application in Linux responds. I DO see the messages below in dmesg - so some activity is certainly going on - but have I missed a step to get the sync to write any thing to the PC? Messages from dmesg follow: usbco...

can I enhance usb capabilities of my laptop thru a port replicator with usb-2.0?
Hi I have a hp business laptop, with just 2 usb-1.0 ports. If I buy a compatible port replicator with usb-2.0 that connects to the docking connector in the bottom, will it help me to get the usb 2.0 support? I have a USB2.0 pcmcia adapter, but I have found that it sometimes make my laptop unstable. My basic reason is to connect my portable hard disk to usb-2.0 ports. TYIA, Sree Sreekumar <sreekumar@postmark.net> wrote: : Hi : I have a hp business laptop, with just 2 usb-1.0 ports. If I buy a : compatible port replicator with usb-2.0 that connects to the docking : connector in the bottom, will it help me to get the usb 2.0 support? : I have a USB2.0 pcmcia adapter, but I have found that it sometimes : make my laptop unstable. My basic reason is to connect my portable : hard disk to usb-2.0 ports. What operating system are you using? You need USB 2.0 drivers as wellas the hardware. Are you sure you have the correct drivers installed for the new USB card? If you have Windows XP, it's probably already done. On something older like Windows 98, could be more difficult. Andrew -- ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <---- ******************************************************************* ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address ******************************************************************* No, a USB hub won't change USB 1.0 into 2.0, if connected to a US...

Apacer USB 2.0 Handy drive #2
Hello Ive recently been playing with my Apacer handy drive, and upon trying to mount mount -t msdos /dev/da0s1 /mnt i always get a 'synchronize cache failed' error. Ive seen this problem mentioned a few times in my searching for a solution, but never is a solution posted. any ideas? thanks, stan. ...

USB Portable 3.0/2.0 reliability
I need a 1TB or larger portable hard drive for use in 3 world foreign net cafes. The idea of NOT needing a separate power supply appeals to me, but I wonder if the portable USB drives are less reliable than using an internal drive with a usb adapter and separate power supply? Also you have heat problems with these portable drives that are less of a problem with a bare internal drive I am thinking. What factors govern this? How do the newer usb 3.0 portable drives compare to the earlier ones? Most of the reviews on these portable usb drives are pretty dismal-lots of complain...

old USB cables how 2 tell from 2.0?
Well I have an assortment of older USB (1.0 & 1.1) cables probably came with older USB devices. I finally got some newer USB 2.0 devices. I got newer 5th gen iPod (only syncs with USB 2.0) I did install a PCI USB 2.0 card in an older G4 & G4 iMac does have USB 2.0. Are USB 2.0 cables special (are older ones NOT useable on 2.0 devices?) How do I tell the difference? Is there any easy way? I have some I am not sure about their vintage. Thanks for comments. Morenuf -- morenuf@nobodyhome.com.invalid ...

Toshiba Satellite 2410-S185 / PS241U-851457 is NOT USB 2.0 as advertised. It is only USB 1.1
I purchased a Toshiba laptop 2410-S185 from CDW almost a year ago The system specs claimed to support USB 2.0. This didn�t seem to be the case when I tried to get it working. I eventually looked up the Intel Chipset at Intel�s website and found it DOES NOT support 2.0 (Intel Chipset 82801CA) I spent 4 hours on the phone with Toshiba before I was upgraded to a lvel two tech and convinced them of the problem. They told me �Thank you for letting us know the error in our documentation, I�ll have someone fix that for you� Of course there is NO WAY they�re going to get off the hook that easy. I can�t imagine how many of these they sold with such a major mistake. I have a feeling they�re just going to send me a usb2.0 pccard adapter. They BETTER do at least that much. I'd say it qualifies for a class action law suit. Not that I myself have the energy or motivation to take it that far. usenet@net-express.com.remove On Mon, 03 May 2004 21:15:19 -0500, Bastian <usenet@net-express.com> wrote: >I purchased a Toshiba laptop 2410-S185 from CDW almost a year ago > >The system specs claimed to support USB 2.0. >This didn�t seem to be the case when I tried to get it working. > >I eventually looked up the Intel Chipset at Intel�s website and found >it DOES NOT support 2.0 (Intel Chipset 82801CA) > >I spent 4 hours on the phone with Toshiba before I was upgraded to a >lvel two tech and convinced them of the problem. > >They told me �...

New Printer with USB 2.0 - Old PC with USB 1.1 Ports
I am FINALLY getting around to getting a new printer - but I have a 4 year old laptop that has two USB 1.1 ports. Will a new printer with a USB 2.0 connection work with my laptop? I heard it will - but will be slower than designed to be. I am planning on getting another HP OfficeJet (my old one lasted 7 years!!!!). Also, can I use a regular USB 1.1 cable? Is there a difference between USB cables (2.0 different than 1.1?). Thanks! Paula On 31 Jul 2006 17:25:13 -0700, pokee@shaw.ca wrote: >I am FINALLY getting around to getting a new printer - but I have a 4 >year o...

Toshiba Satellite 2410-S185 / PS241U-851457 is NOT USB 2.0 as advertised. It is only USB 1.1
I purchased a Toshiba laptop 2410-S185 from CDW almost a year ago The system specs claimed to support USB 2.0. This didn�t seem to be the case when I tried to get it working. I eventually looked up the Intel Chipset at Intel�s website and found it DOES NOT support 2.0 (Intel Chipset 82801CA) I spent 4 hours on the phone with Toshiba before I was upgraded to a lvel two tech and convinced them of the problem. They told me �Thank you for letting us know the error in our documentation, I�ll have someone fix that for you� Of course there is NO WAY they�re going to get off the hook that easy....

What specification usb is in sgi 320 usb 1 or usb 2
looking at device connection using usb iceclown wrote: > looking at device connection using usb The SGI320 is too old for USB2. It has USB1 ports, which are not fully compatible with all USB devices... Better get an USB or USB2 PCI card... Benjamin thanks, come to think of it the fact it doesn't mention specification of usb port indicates early version ...

external 2.5" USB 2.0 enclosure
Hi group, I have seen an a powerless USB 2.0 enclosure at a local computer store that uses two USB ports on the PC and does not require an external power source. But I don't remember the brand. Can someone recommend a brand/model? Does anyone know if all the powerless USB 2.0 enclosures require two USB ports? /sn I have a USB powered enclosure (that also takes a 6v adaptor if for whatever reason the USB port is not supplying enough juice) that requires only one USB port to power itself. I have a 20GB drive housed in it and have had no problems at all over the last 5 months. I bought it for $49 Cdn. online and am happy with it. It's a "GoGoDrive Firewire/USB 2.0 enclosure" TT945 series. I got it from mycableshop.com. Hope this helps, M "Siren" <siren@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:bog15l$89m$1@bob.news.rcn.net... > > Hi group, > > I have seen an a powerless USB 2.0 enclosure at a local computer store > that uses two USB ports on the PC and does not require an external power > source. But I don't remember the brand. Can someone recommend a > brand/model? Does anyone know if all the powerless USB 2.0 enclosures > require two USB ports? > > /sn > --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.537 / Virus Database: 332 - Release Date: 06/11/2003 Maybe this is what you are looking for? http://dealsonic.com/25usb20.htm...

Web resources about - Something like FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? Parallel -> USB with real USB 2.0 bandwidth ? - comp.arch.embedded

Alexander and Sascha Pinczowski, Siblings on Way to New York, Killed at Brussels Airport
The Dutch siblings, who traveled the world and considered New York a second home, were on the phone with their mother when two bombs exploded. ...

Donald Trump’s Calculated Plan To Hold Onto His Delegates: A ‘Woo’ Factor Is Involved
Donald Trump’s delegates is the vortex of events set to roll out at the Republican National Convention. Will those who already voted for the ...

'Batman v Superman' killed off a major character from the comic books — and you probably missed it
(Warning: spoiler for the movie ahead.) You may have noticed when seeing "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" that it's pretty darn dark. I ...

Netflix owns up to throttling streams for some carriers
If you're an AT&T or Verizon customer, you haven't been getting the best quality Netflix streams possible. Netflix admitted to the Wall Street ...

Why 'The Larry Sanders Show' Can't Be Watched Online Yet
Hollywood Reporter Why 'The Larry Sanders Show' Can't Be Watched Online Yet Hollywood Reporter When news broke Thursday afternoon that comedian ...

Best Buy iPhone SE & iPad Pro 9.7 deals: $50 gift card w/ SE, up to $350 off on Verizon
If you’re planning on picking up an iPhone SE or an iPad Pro 9.7-inch, here’s a look at promos Best Buy is offering at launch. Deals include ...

Watch Germany Vs. England International Friendly Live Stream: Pre-Euros Test For England Against World ...
In a high-profile international friendly, Germany hosts England Saturday just three months ahead of the 2016 UEFA European Champioship, in a ...

Microsoft shows what it learned from its Tay AI's racist tirade
If it wasn't already clear that Microsoft learned a few hard lessons after its Tay AI went off the deep end with racist and sexist remarks, it ...

American Detainee ‘Confesses’ To Spying On North Korea
An American detainee held in North Korea has confessed to spying on the communist regime, according to a press conference broadcast Friday on ...

Zayn Malik is finally free to make his own mistakes on 'Mind of Mine'
Zayn is getting used to space. On his first solo album , it's like his urges and falsetto finally have the house to themselves — and there are ...