ANN CPLD add-on module for Nintendo DS game console

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi

I have a few (5 at the moment) of NDS CPLD boards manufactured, the
preliminary user manual is here

http://code.google.com/p/nds-homebrew/downloads/list

from that public google project are also available VHDL examples and C
code for this CPLD board
the C code example includes Xilinx XSVF player adapter to NDS ARM9

It fits the NDS slot-2 and can be reprogrammed in system, there are
many application areas like

wifi-enables JTAG programmer, etc..

NDS is a nice portable wife-enabled platform, the CPLD add on makes it
useable for many applications
like standalone programmer, etc. etc.

as I only have 5 pieces from the manufacturing test batch they are
only for sell at ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190197495055

the production site is however ready to make them at short notice

Antti Lukats
0
Reply Antti 2/9/2008 9:51:06 AM

See related articles to this posting

"Antti" <Antti.Lukats@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> NDS is a nice portable wife-enabled platform,

Yeah, but is she any good at Super Mario?
:-)
Cheers, Syms.

0
Reply Symon 2/9/2008 2:31:15 PM

On 9 Feb., 15:31, "Symon" <symon_bre...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Antti" <Antti.Luk...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > NDS is a nice portable wife-enabled platform,
>
> Yeah, but is she any good at Super Mario?
> :-)
> Cheers, Syms.

LOL, uuups

wi-fi not wife!

ROTFL
BTW, at school when I was asked to write "LOVE" I wrote "LAW"

Antti is smiling

0
Reply Antti 2/9/2008 3:35:45 PM
comp.arch.fpga 18417 articles. 19 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

[ANN] GameRanger Adds In-Game Voice Communication
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE GAMERANGER ADDS IN-GAME VOICE COMMUNICATION Perth, Western Australia -- October 10, 2003 -- Scott Kevill, president, GameRanger Technologies, today announced the addition of in-game voice communication to GameRanger, the leading Macintosh multiplayer online gaming service. The in-game voice communication is available right now for Premium GameRanger members. No complicated setup or external program is required, and it works transparently with most routers without needing confusing port mapping procedures. Undoubtably the best part of the in-game voice co...

[News] Nintendo's Linux-based Gaming Console Ready by Christmas
Nintendo to offer Wii console in Japan on Dec 2 ,----[ Quote ] | Nintendo Co. Ltd. said on Thursday it will launch its new game console, | the Wii, on Dec. 2 in Japan for 25,000 yen ($212), making it the third | and last major game maker to bring a next-generation console to market. `---- http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060914:MTFH34988_2006-09-14_06-17-13_T187949&type=comktNews&rpc=44 http://tinyurl.com/hrzzn Analysts say it will outsell the XBox 360, which is already losing Microsoft billions. begin oe_protect.scr Roy Schestowit...

New Features For Nintendo DS: including Voice Chat, Movie Trailers, Game Demo Downloads
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060209/ap_on_hi_te/games_nintendo_ds_1 Nintendo Unveils Features for DS Handheld Nintendo Co. announced new wireless features for its DS portable video game player Thursday, including a free service that will let consumers beam game demos and other content directly to the device. Beginning in late March, the company plans to deploy electronic kiosks at thousands of U.S. retailers including Best Buy Co. Inc. and GameStop Corp. Owners of the dual-screen DS who go near the kiosks will automatically receive a notice on their devices offering game dem...

ANN: open-source game implementing Scrabble(tm) rules adds high-res support, 10x speedup
I'd like to announce that Crosswords, the award-winning implementation of the rules of Scrabble(tm) for handhelds like PalmOS and PocketPC, is releasing version 4.1 for PalmOS. This is the first release on PalmOS since Crosswords became an open-source project. Version 4.1 includes the following new features: * Native ARM compilation makes it 10x faster on ARM-based palms. Even with a huge dictionary (SOWPODS has 246000 words) a computer-generated game takes about 2 seconds. Computer opponent moves are effectively instantaneous. * Support for high-res screens looks...

Add-on cards & add-on modules & add-on toolsets
What are the different 'Add-on modules' available with LabVIEW? What are the types of 'Add-on Cards'? Cards and modules are different,thats true.Is it that modules means software and are they same as 'add-on toolsets'.Please give the details/URL which would give me various toolsets in detail and also the specifications of various add-on cards? Kindly do the needful Thanx Thanx a lot u got it rite(it was a homework question):smileyhappy: anywys I checked out the site and I will do my real homework now.Actually I am doing my Engg. and&nbsp;I am learning LabVIEW. Tha...

screens of DS Wars aka Famicom Wars DS (for Nintendo DS)
Famicom Wars DS, also known as 'DS Wars' and 'Advance Wars DS' http://img170.exs.cx/img170/5659/fwds11lj.jpg http://img170.exs.cx/img170/6932/fwds20oz.jpg ___ http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=40161 Potential new info gleaned from these pages: - Official Japanese title seems to be "Famicom Wars DS: Battle of Omega Land". - Dual screens are used for tag battles, with one CO fighting on each screen. You seem to be able to switch between screens when you wish, depending on your tactical needs. - Bottom screen is displayed at a weird angle for no ...

Nintendo DS redesign
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/060126.jpg http://ds.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=3230 Nintendo DS Lite Unveiled January 26, 2006 BREAKING: A smaller, more compact DS will soon be released in Japan. Nintendo of Japan today on its official website unveiled a new version of their Nintendo DS handheld which has been met with remarkable success in Japan and around the world. The new Nintendo DS Lite, being dubbed as a "lighter and brigher" DS by Nintendo, is all but certain to continue the success of the original with its small, compact design when it is rel...

PC games vs Console games
Console games might be great if you want to restrict yourself to arcade type games and and RPG's but I have never seen a strategy game that has depth and challenge that a PC game has. If console game makers continue to crank out more of the same I will still be content with the existing PC games I already have even if another new great PC title never comes out. Senica <Bylleee@yahoo.com> wrote: > Console games might be great if you want to restrict yourself > to arcade type games and and RPG's but I have never seen a strategy > game that has depth and c...

Computer Gaming vs Console Gaming
In my experience even a Commodore 64 could provide a better gaming experience than a console can today! On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 08:10:21 -0800, Senica <Bylleee@yahoo.com> wrote: > In my experience even a Commodore 64 could provide a better gaming >experience than a console can today! Nope. C64 has load times, while consoles can minimize it with their now-present hard drives. While you could work around them with Fast loaders or icepick, you still have at least some delay (plus those addons aren't part of the base system, unlike the hard drive in modern consoles...

Console gaming is becoming more like PC gaming
I just read this interesting blog post about how console gaming is getting to be just like PC gaming when it comes to having to patch games, and update the consoles firmware. And I didn't know that at lest with the game he is writing about, that you now have to install the games onto the consoles HD. Sounds to me like it's no longer true that console gaming is "no hassle,kick back" gaming! http://tinyurl.com/5gjndh JLC On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 22:24:21 -0800, JLC <jlc@invalid.invalid> wrote: >I just read this interesting blog post about how console gaming is >g...

Console gaming is becoming more like PC gaming
I just read this interesting blog post about how console gaming is getting to be just like PC gaming when it comes to having to patch games, and update the consoles firmware. And I didn't know that at lest with the game he is writing about, that you now have to install the games onto the consoles HD. Sounds to me like it's no longer true that console gaming is "no hassle,kick back" gaming! http://tinyurl.com/5gjndh JLC In article <gem5eh$auq$1@registered.motzarella.org>, JLC <jlc@invalid.invalid> wrote: >I just read this interesting blog post about how c...

[ANN] Win32::Console + Win32::Console::ANSI
Announcing the first release of a full port of Perl's Win32::Console and Win32::Console::ANSI. http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32console/ These module allow working with Windows' Consoles much more easily (changing colors, positioning cursor, querying info, and emulating ANSI control characters). It was also done as an exercise to get myself familiar with ruby's C extensions. Win32::Console is available in both .rb (similar to Win32API_Console as it was largely based on it) and C++ versions for full speed. But both have identical interfaces to Perl (ie. much simpler). Win32:...

Looking for RPG Console Ports / Console Style Games
Any other games out there that are similar ? Final Fantasy VII -- fond memories Final Fantasy VIII Grandia II - fun combat - nonsensical plot Anachronox - good bargain bin Breath of Fire IV Septerra Cora Dig dig314@yahoo.com wrote: > Any other games out there that are similar ? > > Final Fantasy VII -- fond memories > Final Fantasy VIII > Grandia II - fun combat - nonsensical plot > Anachronox - good bargain bin > Breath of Fire IV > Septerra Cora > > Dig In PS2 I recommend Suikoden 3 and Star Ocean, also Wild Arms Alter or something > Final Fantasy ...

PYTHON API : add new classes in a module from an other module
Hi every body I am tring to create new Python modules. In a first time, I have created a module named FOO in which I have inserted new classes. No problem : PyMODINIT_FUNC initFOO( void ) { PyObject* module = Py_InitModule3( "FOO", 0, "foo module" ) ; if ( ! module ) return ; if ( PyType_Ready( &my_type) < 0 ) return ; Py_INCREF( &my_type ); PyModule_AddObject( module, "my_pytype", (PyObject*) &my_type ) ; } In a second time, I would like create a new module named BAR. In the '...

[News] Linux Installed on the Nintendo DS and DS Lite
DSLinux ,----[ Quote ] | If any of you where wondering how to get Linux on your Nintendo DS | or Nintendo DS Lite, this is a tutorial for this type of thing. `---- http://www.fpsbanana.com/tuts/2033 Photo: http://www.fpsbanana.com/screens?img=http://image.fpsbanana.com/ss/tuts/17313.jpg Related and recent: Linux Hardware Support ,----[ Quote ] | Here's the problem with that argument: Most hardware does not | work "Out of the box" in Windows. When people say their hardware | worked "Out of the box" I don't think they are talking about "Out | of the blue W...

Will console games help indy game developers?
Howdy! Been readin various game dev blogs all day. Almost all of them had an entry somewhere about how pc gaming is taking a back seat to the consoles. At least in the retail stores. Well, i have seen this myself in the local stores here. What i haven't been able to put together is what changes are coming and what the impact is gonna be. I am one of the many indy game programmers who is wandering thru the dark allies of cyber space in hopes of his next meal. Ok, sorry, its not quite that bad. Anyways, I am getting my website ready for an alpha test of my current p...

module console
Can I get the console to behave like it's in a module? So far I have inspect.getsource() working by setting the filename and linenumbers of the return from compiler.parse(). I'm looking too. -me On May 5, 7:29 pm, castiro...@gmail.com wrote: > Can I get the console to behave like it's in a module? > > So far I have inspect.getsource() working by setting the filename and > linenumbers of the return from compiler.parse(). I'm looking too. -me This at least gets a instance loaded; we'll see. import imp m=imp.new_module('aname') class A: pass m.A=A ...

Game Module?
Hi, Sorry to be so vague. I'm looking for a module that somebody wrote a couple of years ago which made life a lot easier for moving sprites about the screen (ie a moving ball) does this sound familir? I'm sure it was part of some kind of games tool kit. any ideas? Cheers, Rachael. (Remove NAE-SPAM to reply) -- [Acorn Risc PC | Apple Newton] http://www.darkplay.freeuk.com/sites "If not ourselves, we are nothing" - The Gang In message <c63c99f34c.the-gang@Tesco.net> R MacGregor <the-gang@NAE-SPAMthegangonline.org.uk> wrote: > Hi, > >...

problem using Games::OpenGL::Font::2D and Games::Console
Hello, I'm trying to use the examples from the following Games::OpenGL::Font::2D and Games::Console modules but getting the following error: me@phoenix:~/Desktop/testgl/tst$ ./font.pl Bareword "SDL_KEYDOWN" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7/SDL/App/FPS/EventHandler.pm line 122. Bareword "SDL_KEYUP" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7/SDL/App/FPS/EventHandler.pm line 122. Bareword "SDL_MOUSEBUTTONUP" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8...

What console game is this?
Hello: A number of years ago I played a console rpg that I really enjoyed. I can't remember much about it so I am asking you for help. I remember specifically a hot air balloon/airship that at some point in the game you had control of. I remember the games objective had something to do with magic/mana; possibly restoring mana or something like that. I remember the game starting you off on one side of a mountain range and you had to go through a cave to get to the other side. The console itself was either sega genesis, snes, or n64. I am leaning toward n64 but I just don't remember. T...

Nintendo DS?
Anyone else noticed that the res of the Nintendo DS seems to be 256 x 192 (ZX Spectrum without border). Isn't the second screen touch sensitive (picture of a Spectrum keyboard....?!) Apologies if this has already been covered, but it struck me as rather fortuitous. I didn't intend to buy one of these, I've got my eye on the PSP, but if home grown software's going to be possible... :o) Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des 1 Feb 2005 01:01:19 -0800, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair, yawatina tan reek esk "Mulvaney"...

Console games
Hello, I am Trainee software tester, currently we have project of console game. I don't know how to play console game on PC? Is there any software to convert console based game to computer game? Are the console games MMORPGs? Looking ahead to recieve favorable reply. Best regards, Pradnya Sonu wrote: > Hello, I am Trainee software tester, currently we have project of > console game. I don't know how to play console game on PC? Is there any > software to convert console based game to computer game? Nope. Console games typically run under a software license system that bond...

[News] Linux Powers Gaming Console, Added to Console servers

game consoles
So, how many of you, if you buy a game console, are going to pick based on what games are available, and how many are going to pick by what OS is running deep down under the hood? I look at the XBox360, and I see *zero* games that say to me "you really want to play me". I look at the list of titles that will be available at PS3 launch--and see maybe one or two that look like I'd want them, but they are also available for PC or will be on Wii too, so none tell me to rush out and get a PS3. Then I look at the titles that will be available when Wii launches, and see a Zel...