BIG PROBLEM : Configuration Boot Problem Stratix

hi,

we've got some Stratix DSP development kit EP1S25 where at the
power-on don't load the flash memory to the FPGA !!!

We've seen that the EPLD MAX 7064 often fail the programmation of the
FPGA...

We've seen that the RESET of this EPLD is in the same time that the
3.3 V power-on...

Did someone have this this problem yet... and how to boot at any time
on power-on ?

Perhaps it's be better if the RESET is after the 3.3V power-on ?

We utilizes 3 board in a big system and we have this problem now of
non programming at boot..

Thanks
0
patrick
6/20/2005 2:05:46 PM
comp.arch.fpga 18587 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

"Patrick" <patrick.melet@dmradiocom.fr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Perhaps it's be better if the RESET is after the 3.3V power-on ?

Use a voltage monitor that releases the reset after ALL voltages are valid.

Regards
Falk

0
Falk
6/20/2005 6:06:06 PM
"Falk Brunner" <Falk.Brunner@gmx.de> wrote in message news:<3hoeseFi5l05U1@individual.net>...
> "Patrick" <patrick.melet@dmradiocom.fr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
> > Perhaps it's be better if the RESET is after the 3.3V power-on ?
>
> Use a voltage monitor that releases the reset after ALL voltages are valid.
>
> Regards
> Falk

We add a RC circuit beetween the reset from the Stratix circuit to the
MAX circuit. So the MAX is resetted after the 3.3V is ON and sometimes
the program from the flash don't boot !!!
This is a big problem for our system which uilizes 3 boards...
My Support from Altera don't explain me what's happen...

So is there anybody who have this problem with these EP1S25 cards and
is there a solution ?
0
patrick
6/21/2005 7:49:22 AM

> We add a RC circuit beetween the reset from the Stratix circuit to the
> MAX circuit. So the MAX is resetted after the 3.3V is ON and sometimes
> the program from the flash don't boot !!!
> This is a big problem for our system which uilizes 3 boards...
> My Support from Altera don't explain me what's happen...

So why to safe a buck to get a REAL voltage monitor. Do it and try. And see.

Regards
Falk

0
Falk
6/21/2005 5:29:00 PM
For those who have the same problem. Altera have new files for
reprogramming the MAX chip. And so the card will boot at every
power-up.
The release is dated by 13 June 2005 !!!!

patrick.melet@dmradiocom.fr (Patrick) wrote in message news:<54b3002.0506202349.2d016709@posting.google.com>...
> "Falk Brunner" <Falk.Brunner@gmx.de> wrote in message news:<3hoeseFi5l05U1@individual.net>...
> > "Patrick" <patrick.melet@dmradiocom.fr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >
> > > Perhaps it's be better if the RESET is after the 3.3V power-on ?
> >
> > Use a voltage monitor that releases the reset after ALL voltages are valid.
> >
> > Regards
> > Falk
>

> We add a RC circuit beetween the reset from the Stratix circuit to the
> MAX circuit. So the MAX is resetted after the 3.3V is ON and sometimes
> the program from the flash don't boot !!!
> This is a big problem for our system which uilizes 3 boards...
> My Support from Altera don't explain me what's happen...
>
> So is there anybody who have this problem with these EP1S25 cards and
> is there a solution ?
0
patrick

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

Problem with a problem
Hello, take a grammar G with alphabet {0,1} such that (the word problem for) the language L_G={w in (0+1)*|w\in L(G)} is very complex, say in PSPACE or some higher complexity class. Now consider an "easy" problem EASY like: "Is an element of L_G in L_G?". Well, this seems to be fairly easy because the answer is "yes" in any case. Hence the problem should be of small complexity. But if one models such a decision problem one has to construct a language L with alphabet A such that the word problem for L reflects exactly the decision problem which one is interested...

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- -...

db problem BIG PROBLEM
We are having a problem on our database, DB2 running on 0s/400 v5r1 and SAP 4.6b. We have a database table on Sap that isn't aligned with the table on the db, this was caused by a breakdown during a transportation. At this moment the table on Sap have one field more than the fields list that we see into db2 from as400. Someone can help us? thanks to all alberto How about running an ALTER TABLE and adding the missing field to the DB2 file? Sam "Alberto" <albe.net@caleffi.it> wrote in message news:1160089901.442664.271060@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We are h...

animated linking problem (big problem)
hi guys i'm working on a transformer for my animation for an assignment and have linked up bits and bods but i have a huge problem now. when i rotate some objects they seem to scal them selves in strange ways. i heard thtis can be fixed by using reset rotation and reset scale but i've had little success , can anyone help? Did you use Scale transformation to change the objects? Try "Reset XForm" in the Utilities tab. This will trap the scale transformation into the object's modify stack as a "XForm" modifier. Do not alter object's with Scal...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo
First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) From: JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> > DELETE Z*.*;* > DELETE Y*.*;* > ... > DELETE A*.*;* > > (followed by the numbers). This scheme may be a bit obsolete. See: http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/731FINAL/4506/4506pro_014.html#index_x_890 I quote: [...] 5.2.3.1.2 Extended Character Set In addition, OpenVMS V7.2 on Alpha systems and ODS-5 disks includes support for the use of file names, and subdirectory and root subdirectory names, tha...

big problem boot
Hello When I boot my machine Sun I can see the following message Can't read disk label Can't open disk label package Boot device : net File and Args : Timeout Waiting for ARP/RARP packet Can you help me to reinstall the system? I don't know what's happen. I've juste wanted to install systme from cd rom. But now, I can't connect anything. Thanks. In article <706e5179.0405050403.5ec44f4d@posting.google.com>, mickael.wullens@ratier-figeac.fr (baltus59) writes: > Hello > > When I boot my machine Sun I can see the following message > > Can't...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo #2
On 8/17/05, Mark Berryman <mark@theberrymans.com> wrote: > Steven M. Schweda wrote: > > First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time > > to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) >=20 > Elsewhere. Info-VAX does not rewrite the subject. >=20 > Mark Berryman > Info-VAX admin >=20 I thought it was reacting to poster sanity bugchecks. : ^ ) WWWebb --=20 NOTE: This email address is only used for noncommerical VMS-related correspondence. All unsolicited commercial email will be deemed to be a request for services pursuant to the t...

Is this a BIOS problem, a kernel problem or a user problem :-)
Hi all, I have a Dual Core P4, which dmesg reports as (CPU0 and) CPU1: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 5 CPU 2.66GHz stepping 07 Unfortunately, it is also reporting CPU: Hyper-Threading is disabled I went through the BIOS (AMI dated 2005) and saw no option to enable HT. uname -a reports Linux hwa3 2.6.17-10-generic #2 SMP Fri Oct 13 18:45:35 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux so clearly the BIOS and the kernel see the processor as dual core. Is there a utility to do this (enable hyperthreading)? Am I going to have to recompile the kernel? Is there a set of Intel dual core CPU's which does not have H...

CUPS problem? or network problem? or printer problem?
Trying to configure CUPS to print to an HP LaserJet 5si over the network. Here is the relevant error_log stuff: I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Job 14 queued on 'ptr' by 'wm'. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/texttops (PID 12120) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 1 2121) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster (P ID 12122) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertoprint er (PID 1...

About a big big problem
Could someone give a little hint ? I hate all your silly problems and I can't resolve them !! Anna wrote: > Could someone give a little hint ? I hate all your silly problems and I > can't resolve them !! > > try sleeping on it, that usually works. holog During a dark and stormy night *holog* wrote: :: Anna wrote: ::: Could someone give a little hint ? I hate all your silly problems and I ::: can't resolve them !! :: try sleeping on it, that usually works. I think you're right. Usually it works every time. ;-) -- *Emanuele* "Emanuele" <...

www.yahoo.com.au au.adserver.yahoo.com
Hello, please help me and tell me what can I do. Trying to read my mail on-line using web interface at www.yahoo.com.au I can't connect to www.yahoo.com.au to log in to my mailbox. If I connect to www.yahoo.com using https I enter login page, login but a subsequent mailbox page doesn't open, waiting, wwaiting, connecting , connecting to au.adserver.yahoo.com trying to download the last image. Having looked in source of downloaded paage, everything looks ok, full source but one image from au.adserver.yahoo.com is not opening at all and mailbox webpage can not open. ...

Is it a know problem this problem? (an extension of Nearest-Neighbor Problem)
I met a problem which can be considered as an extension of Nearest-Neighbor Problem. Suppose we have n (e.g. n = 10) robots and m (e.g., m = n = 10) locations to explore in a 3-dimensional space. We want to assign each robot to explore a possible location, while minimizing the summation of the distances between each robot-location pair. If n = 1 or m = 1, it is clear this is a nearest-neighbor problem. What if both n and m are greater than 1 (n and m are not necessarily equal)? Is it a known problem which has been addressed by some heuristic algorithm? Thanks. This sounds more like an opt...

A simple problem, but a problem ...
Hello, can anyone solve the following problem ? It looks quite simple to me, but I can't get it right. The advice suggests the following: mr(yes). mr(no). mrs(yes). mrs(no). marcel(yes). marcel(no). jacqu(yes). jacqu(no). grandpa(yes). grandpa(no). but how can I use this to solve the problem ? thanx a lot Maxx Problem: If Mr. Johnson goes, his wife goes too. At least one of the children, Marcel or Jacqueline, goes too. If Marcel goes, grandpa goes too. If Mrs. Johnson goes, grandpa stays at home. If Jacqueline goes, Mr. Johnson and Marcel go too. Write a prolog program, which det...

Web resources about - BIG PROBLEM : Configuration Boot Problem Stratix - comp.arch.fpga

Pusher configuration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a craft with a pusher configuration the propeller (s) are mounted behind their respective engine(s). According to Bill Gunston , a "pusher ...

Facebook Simplifies XCode Configuration, Adds App Events To IOS SDK
Facebook released a new software-development kit for iOS , version 3.6 , the social network announced in a post on its developer blog . continued… ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

MIT panel warns of challenges of hyper-networked world - management, Configuration / maintenance, IDC ...
A panel discussion held at MIT this week hailed major advances in networking technology, but warned that the challenges facing the world's information ...

New 15-inch 2.5 GHz MacBook Pro unboxed and compared to other 2015 configurations
Apple’s new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display is here and available in a few different configurations. We’re take a closer look at the ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...