building a card reader into a virtex 2 or 5 based FPGA device.

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Sorry to start from scratch yet again, but I don't know where to
begin.

In the past I've had log file info dump out onto  a UART as
necessary.  The UART is slow, and requires an additional device to
capture the datastream.

I want to be able to write to a removable memory stick, or compact
flash card, but I don't have any idea how to do it.  When the FPGA is
powered up it should start a new "file" on the compact flash card, and
start writing to it.  On commanded bit or powerdown, the file should
be closed, and stored such that I can pull the card, plug it into a PC
and read the file with notepad or such.

The fpga should be able to read a small config file, and then write it
back out, for example a file with the filename in it

logfilen.txt:
0000000
--------------------------

the fpga reads the line ( 0000000 ) and knows filename should be that
plus one say 0000001.txt
and then it updates/rewrites/deletes and posts a

logfilen.txt:
00000001

this way the filenames of the log files keeps changing.

I'm looking for ideas on how to get this accomplished.

Thanks,

Jon

0
Reply jon291 (71) 7/21/2009 7:56:52 PM

See related articles to this posting

On Jul 21, 3:56=A0pm, jleslie48 <j...@jonathanleslie.com> wrote:
> Sorry to start from scratch yet again, but I don't know where to
> begin.
>
> In the past I've had log file info dump out onto =A0a UART as
> necessary. =A0The UART is slow, and requires an additional device to
> capture the datastream.
>
> I want to be able to write to a removable memory stick, or compact
> flash card, but I don't have any idea how to do it. =A0When the FPGA is
> powered up it should start a new "file" on the compact flash card, and
> start writing to it. =A0On commanded bit or powerdown, the file should
> be closed, and stored such that I can pull the card, plug it into a PC
> and read the file with notepad or such.
>
> The fpga should be able to read a small config file, and then write it
> back out, for example a file with the filename in it
>
> logfilen.txt:
> 0000000
> --------------------------
>
> the fpga reads the line ( 0000000 ) and knows filename should be that
> plus one say 0000001.txt
> and then it updates/rewrites/deletes and posts a
>
> logfilen.txt:
> 00000001
>
> this way the filenames of the log files keeps changing.
>
> I'm looking for ideas on how to get this accomplished.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

If you wanted to use CompactFlash, you could use Xilinx'x SystemAce
chip and their libraries for interfacing to it with an embedded
processor like Microblaze or the PowerPC. If you wanted to roll your
own CF interface, it's basically an IDE interface, so you might be
able to find the spec and go at it, or find a free core on
opencores.org.

If you wanted to use Secure Digital, you can do that with a SPI
interface to implement the sector reads/writes and find some FAT32
code to put on top of in, of course in an embedded processor. There's
also a product called DosOnChip which takes care of a lot of the
filesystem stuff for you: http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php=
?products_id=3D8215

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Dave
0
Reply Dave 7/22/2009 12:38:59 AM

jleslie48 <jon@jonathanleslie.com> writes:

> Sorry to start from scratch yet again, but I don't know where to
> begin.
>
> In the past I've had log file info dump out onto  a UART as
> necessary.  The UART is slow, and requires an additional device to
> capture the datastream.

How fast do you need? FTDIs UART-USB (TTL-232R-3V3) cable will go @
3Mbps IIRC.  It's an extra cable, hardly a device though, unless you
count the PC as well?

http://apple.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/ftdichip?productID=53&search=usb+uart+cable&op=catalogue-product_info-null

> I want to be able to write to a removable memory stick, or compact
> flash card, but I don't have any idea how to do it.  When the FPGA is
> powered up it should start a new "file" on the compact flash card, and
> start writing to it.  On commanded bit or powerdown, the file should
> be closed, and stored such that I can pull the card, plug it into a PC
> and read the file with notepad or such.

Is this sort of thing any use?

http://www.vinculum.com/

Easy modules:
http://apple.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/ftdichip?op=catalogue-products-null&prodCategoryID=57&title=VDIP1

I've never used them, but it looks like a simple way to add use-storage
to a system.

Failing that, glue a USB host controller on the side and run linux on a
microblaze.

[BTW, even though I sound like an FTDI salesman I have no affiliation
with FTDI, other than having used various of their products!]

Cheers,
Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
http://www.conekt.net/electronics.html

Martin Thompson <martin.j.thompson@trw.com> wrote:
> jleslie48 <jon@jonathanleslie.com> writes:

> > Sorry to start from scratch yet again, but I don't know where to
> > begin.
> >
> > In the past I've had log file info dump out onto  a UART as
> > necessary.  The UART is slow, and requires an additional device to
> > capture the datastream.
> >

> How fast do you need? FTDIs UART-USB (TTL-232R-3V3) cable will go @
> 3Mbps IIRC.  It's an extra cable, hardly a device though, unless you
> count the PC as well?

If you go with the FT245 or FT2232 in 245 mode, rate can even be higher, at
the cost of more pins. Requirements on the PC side are the same.

Reply Uwe 7/22/2009 12:06:43 PM

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:06:43 +0000 (UTC), Uwe Bonnes <bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de>
wrote:

>Martin Thompson <martin.j.thompson@trw.com> wrote:
>> jleslie48 <jon@jonathanleslie.com> writes:
>
>> > Sorry to start from scratch yet again, but I don't know where to
>> > begin.
>> >
>> > In the past I've had log file info dump out onto  a UART as
>> > necessary.  The UART is slow, and requires an additional device to
>> > capture the datastream.
>> >

>> How fast do you need? FTDIs UART-USB (TTL-232R-3V3) cable will go @
>> 3Mbps IIRC.  It's an extra cable, hardly a device though, unless you
>> count the PC as well?
>
>If you go with the FT245 or FT2232 in 245 mode, rate can even be higher, at
>the cost of more pins. Requirements on the PC side are the same.

And the FT2232H/4232H devices will go even faster...
0
Reply Mike 7/22/2009 5:12:24 PM

On Jul 22, 6:38 am, Martin Thompson <martin.j.thomp...@trw.com> wrote:
> jleslie48 <j...@jonathanleslie.com> writes:
> > Sorry to start from scratch yet again, but I don't know where to
> > begin.
>
> > In the past I've had log file info dump out onto  a UART as
> > necessary.  The UART is slow, and requires an additional device to
> > capture the datastream.
>
> How fast do you need? FTDIs UART-USB (TTL-232R-3V3) cable will go @
> 3Mbps IIRC.  It's an extra cable, hardly a device though, unless you
> count the PC as well?
>
> http://apple.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/ftdichip?productID=53&search=...
>
> > I want to be able to write to a removable memory stick, or compact
> > flash card, but I don't have any idea how to do it.  When the FPGA is
> > powered up it should start a new "file" on the compact flash card, and
> > start writing to it.  On commanded bit or powerdown, the file should
> > be closed, and stored such that I can pull the card, plug it into a PC
> > and read the file with notepad or such.
>
> Is this sort of thing any use?
>
> http://www.vinculum.com/
>
> Easy modules:http://apple.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/ftdichip?op=catalogue-product...
>
> I've never used them, but it looks like a simple way to add use-storage
> to a system.
>
> Failing that, glue a USB host controller on the side and run linux on a
> microblaze.
>
> [BTW, even though I sound like an FTDI salesman I have no affiliation
> with FTDI, other than having used various of their products!]
>
> Cheers,
> Martin
>
> --
> martin.j.thomp...@trw.com
> TRW Conekt - Consultancy in Engineering, Knowledge and Technologyhttp://www.conekt.net/electronics.html

Ok, I'm looking at these solutions, they look promising, but has
anyone actually got one of these to work?

I've got a Diligent test board and it has a compact flash reader on
it, so I'm assuming someone actually used this reader for something,
but I can't find any test code or any clue how to use it.  I keep
hearing something about microblaze, and then I can write C code, but I
have yet to stumble onto an example.

0
Reply jleslie48 7/23/2009 7:06:21 PM

On Jul 23, 3:06=A0pm, jleslie48 <j...@jonathanleslie.com> wrote:
> On Jul 22, 6:38 am, Martin Thompson <martin.j.thomp...@trw.com> wrote:
>

> > jleslie48 <j...@jonathanleslie.com> writes:
> > > Sorry to start from scratch yet again, but I don't know where to
> > > begin.
>
> > > In the past I've had log file info dump out onto =A0a UART as
> > > necessary. =A0The UART is slow, and requires an additional device to
> > > capture the datastream.
>
> > How fast do you need? FTDIs UART-USB (TTL-232R-3V3) cable will go @
> > 3Mbps IIRC. =A0It's an extra cable, hardly a device though, unless you
> > count the PC as well?
>
> >http://apple.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/ftdichip?productID=3D53&search=
=3D...

> > > I want to be able to write to a removable memory stick, or compact
> > > flash card, but I don't have any idea how to do it. =A0When the FPGA =
is
> > > powered up it should start a new "file" on the compact flash card, an=
> > > start writing to it. =A0On commanded bit or powerdown, the file shoul=
> > > be closed, and stored such that I can pull the card, plug it into a P=
> > > and read the file with notepad or such.
>
> > Is this sort of thing any use?
>
> >http://www.vinculum.com/
>
> > Easy modules:http://apple.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/ftdichip?op=3Dcata=
logue-product...

> > I've never used them, but it looks like a simple way to add use-storage
> > to a system.
>
> > Failing that, glue a USB host controller on the side and run linux on a
> > microblaze.
>
> > [BTW, even though I sound like an FTDI salesman I have no affiliation
> > with FTDI, other than having used various of their products!]
>
> > Cheers,
> > Martin
>
> > --
> > martin.j.thomp...@trw.com
> > TRW Conekt - Consultancy in Engineering, Knowledge and Technologyhttp:/=
/www.conekt.net/electronics.html

> Ok, I'm looking at these solutions, they look promising, but has
> anyone actually got one of these to work?
>
> I've got a Diligent test board and it has a compact flash reader on
> it, so I'm assuming someone actually used this reader for something,
> but I can't find any test code or any clue how to use it. =A0I keep
> hearing something about microblaze, and then I can write C code, but I
> have yet to stumble onto an example.

For just datalogging, where throughput isn't too important, I'd
personally go with an SD card, using the SPI mode of communication.
There are several examples of C code for controlling an SD card with
the SPI interface, such as http://www.flashgenie.net/index.html#code.
There are some examples of FAT32 code floating around on the net, too.

The SD card association at www.sdcard.org also publishes a simplified
spec which shows a lot of the SPI commands you can use with SD cards.

You can find some breakout boards for SD cards at www.sparkfun.com,
and tie them to your Digilent board if it has an IO header that goes
to the FPGA.

If the CF card on your board is connected to a Xilinx SystemAce chip,
then it might be fairly simple to use with an embedded processor.
Otherwise, you'll either have to learn the IDE spec or find some IP to
handle it. There's an IDE controller on opencores.org, but I have no
experience with it.

You could also use one of the USB/UART solutions that have been
proposed, and have the computer to the logging. You'd need to be
tethered to a computer, but it would be super-fast to implement.

Good luck,
Dave
0
Reply Dave 7/24/2009 2:46:27 AM
comp.arch.fpga 18432 articles. 20 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Building for Mac with 2.5.2 or 2.5.3
What's the educated opinion on porting an application to Mac? We've used 2.4 from CVS for both Windows and Linux but found that there were too many problems with 2.4 when trying to compile on Mac ... now we're not sure if 2.5.3 is a moving target on Mac or should we try staying with 2.5.2? Any expert opinions out in the wild? ....Landon --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org Hi Please use CVS HEAD...

perl 5.8.2.0 base fileset is in AIX 5.2 or is in 5.3?
Did this base fileset first appear in 5.2 or did it first appear in 5.3? (I don't have 5.3 hosts, so I can't check that.) Thanks! -Dan Dan Foster wrote: > Did this base fileset first appear in 5.2 or did it first appear in 5.3? > > (I don't have 5.3 hosts, so I can't check that.) > > Thanks! > > -Dan Not really sure, but I think appearance was with 5.3. Checking at my site and found the highest level on a 5.2 machine was 5.8.1.12 - never seen a 5.8.2.0 on a 5.2 machine In article <dqgafi$jfe$1@online.de>, Friedhelm Neyer <Friedhelm.Neyer...

building php 5.3.2 on aix 5.2
Hi, I'm trying to build PHP 5.3.2 on AIX 5.2 ML01, gcc & gcc++ 4.0, make 3.8 gmake crashes with the following msg: collect2: ld returned 254 exit status gmake: *** [sapi/cli/php] Error 1 PHP 5.0.5 builds fine. any idea? TIA Michael Michal K napisa�(a): > Hi, > > I'm trying to build PHP 5.3.2 on AIX 5.2 ML01, gcc & gcc++ 4.0, make 3.8 > > gmake crashes with the following msg: > > collect2: ld returned 254 exit status > gmake: *** [sapi/cli/php] Error 1 Of course, PHP version is 5.2.3, in addition here's my configure command ../configure --p...

Virtex-5 FPGA PCIe card
I am working with a Virtex-5 FPGA PCIe-based board and want to create three interfaces (lanes?). One that is a two way serial interface running at 1 MHz. Another running at 1 MHz but only input to the board. The last interface or lane will be 16 bit input only running at 28 MHz. I am reviewing the Avnet Development Kit User Guide for the board and have the Integrated Endpoint Block for PCI Express Designs document. I suspect all the answers how to configure the board are in those documents but since I have never done this before, I don't know where to start. Also, the FPGA co...

Did anybody build 2.5.5 or 2.6.0 for DOS
Hi, We have an application runs on Windows, Linux and DOS. So we need wxWidgets :-) But i couldnt be able to build wxWidgets 2.6.0 or 2.5.5 for DOS. Did anybody build ? CC Vural __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org DOS has a native windowing syst...

Fedora Core 2 Kernel 2.6.5-1.327: Mount CF Card returns: mount: <device> already mounted or <directory> busy
Hello, I'm Running Fedora Core 2 Test 3. I have a USB CF Card Reader: [root@neo /]# cat /proc/scsi/usb-storage/3 Host scsi3: usb-storage Vendor: LEXAR MEDIA Product: CF CARD Serial Number: 1115321335949 Protocol: Transparent SCSI Transport: Bulk Quirks: When I try to mount it, I get the following error message: [root@neo /]# mount -t vfat /dev/sda3 /mnt/usb mount: /dev/sda3 already mounted or /mnt/usb busy My /etc/fstab file: usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0 Any takers? Thx, Erasmo ...

[wx 2.4.2/2.5.5, MacOS X 10.3.9, gcc 3.1] build failed: wcslen undeclared
Hello, I've been trying to build wxWidgets under MaxOS X 10.3.9 using Apple's developer tools (gcc etc.). I have tried both the 2.4.2 version and the 2.5.5, but the build fails during make with the same problem (I believe). For 2.4.2 I get: c++ -c -I./lib/wx/include/mac-2.4 -I./include -I./src/png -I./src/jpeg -I./src/tiff -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -no-cpp-precomp -fpascal-strings -I./src/mac/morefile -I/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon -D__WXMAC__ -O2 -MMD -Wall -o accel.o ./src/mac/accel.cpp In file included from include/wx/string.h:62, ...

Re: Did anybody build 2.5.5 or 2.6.0 for DOS
wxWidgets uses MGL for DOS. So it must be possible to compile it on plain DOS I am still trying to compile , and i think i will be able soon :-) CC Vural --- Casey ODonnell <caseyodonnell@gmail.com> wrote: > DOS has a native windowing system? > > On 4/20/05, Cavit Cahit VURAL <ccvural@yahoo.com> > wrote: > > Hi, > > > > We have an application runs on Windows, Linux and > DOS. > > > > So we need wxWidgets :-) > > > > But i couldnt be able to build wxWidgets 2.6.0 or > > 2.5.5 for DOS. >...

Re: 2.5.2 build problems under MinGW #2
> Sorry, I missed this one. It's been on this list a couple of times > already, it's a bug in MinGW version you are using. The latest one > based on gcc-3.4 works here. > > Regards, > Vaclav Yeah? Okay, thanks. I apologize for not finding it in the list myself instead of posting. ;-) (the archive search needs an option to sort by date) I actually upgraded to gcc-3.4.2 late last night, as I was sending that last response. Got a new crop of build errors due to standards conformance, saw that some were fixed in the wxWidgets CVS, and was in the process ...

RE: Re: Did anybody build 2.5.5 or 2.6.0 for DOS
DOS will live forever! (or maybe just a really long time) I'd like to see a DOS version, that'd be great. --Paul -----Original Message----- From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org]On Behalf Of ABX Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 10:19 AM To: wx-users@lists.wxwindows.org Subject: Re: Did anybody build 2.5.5 or 2.6.0 for DOS Casey ODonnell <caseyodonnell <at> gmail.com> writes: > DOS has a native windowing system? Well, the advantage of wxWidgets is that while it uses native GUI = wherever=20 possible it also provides generic replacements for compo...

ACE 5.4 build with gcc 3.3.2 on AIX 5.2 fails
I am failed to build ACE 5.4 on AIX 5.2 with gcc3.3.2 (binaries of gcc). I used config-aix5.1.h and platform_aix_g++.GNU. The error message is as following, /usr/linux/bin/ld: target expall not found colloect2: ld returned 1 exit status My guess is that AIX has a limit of 2K on maximum length of line. And the line for linking all the object files at that point is longer than 6000 bytes. Is there any way getting around this? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Ying (drycup@yahoo.com) Here are the detailed information, ACE VERSION: 5.4 HOST MACHIN...

USB card reader and FreeBSD 5.2.1
I have set up a box with FreeBSD 5.2.1 on a VIA Epia mainboard, and I am trying to get it to work with my SanDisk Imagemate USB CF reader. It is supposed to work fine. I have done exactly as said here: http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200305/cfmount.html .... including adding these: device usb device ohci device uhci device umass device scbus device da device pass to my kernel. When I plug the card reader in, '/var/log/messages' says: ugen0: SanDisk Corporation SanDisk USB ImageMate, rev 1.00/2.00, addr 2 But no more. I can't mount /dev/da0s1, since it soesn...

Linux device driver for FPGA Xilinx Virtex-4 #2
Hi, I'm looking for a Linux device driver for FPGA Xilinx Virtex-4, somebody can help me? Thanks. On May 29, 8:17 am, greywol...@hotmail.it wrote: > I'm looking for a Linux device driver for FPGA Xilinx Virtex-4, > somebody can help me? There's no such thing! Your device driver has to know the configuration of the interface that the FPGA is _programmed_ to implement. Since the FPGA is a universal part, there's no universal answer. Or maybe you want to talk to the JTAG or other configuration interface rather than an operational one... On May 29, 9:17 am, greywol...

[News] Blender 2.5 Test Builds, Parrot 2.5.0 "Cheops" is Released

Any way to install a later "build" of 10.5.2 over 10.5.2 "GM"?
Hi all... My 10.5.2 load set is based on the 10.5.2 GM -- 9C31. We got a new MacBook Pro that has 10.5.2 9C2028 -- a later build of 10.5.2 (containing the CD/DVD Sharing among other stuff...) When "later" builds of the same version of 10.4.x came out, we were able to use Carbon Copy Cloner to copy over the GM version load set of 10.4.x (any version), then boot from the "later build but same version number" DVD and do an "upgrade" install over the GM version of 10.4.x 10.5 is not letting me do this. The installer is reporting that the hard...

Will application J2ME MIDP 2.0 based of one device run another J2ME MIDP 2.0 device?
Hi, A J2ME MIDP 2.0 based application running on one Mobile device. Will this application run on another J2ME MIDP 2.0 supported device? and Will this application run on another J2ME MIDP 1.0 supported device? Thanks in advance. Nisha On 24 May 2005 05:19:44 -0700, nishadixit wrote: > Will this application run on another J2ME MIDP 1.0 supported device? The J2ME Frequently Asked Questions List*, suggests 'no'. * <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce/j2mefaq.html#what_version> [ There were also a number of references throughout it mentioning ...

Visual Studio 2005 build of Python 2.4, 2.5 or 2.6
Hello, I am a bit lost with all the possible builds of python on Windoze. I am looking for a Visual Studio 2005 build of Python 2.4, 2.5 or 2.6 incl. debug build of the python24.lib e.g. python24_d.lib ? Any hints are appreciated. Paul > I am a bit lost with all the possible builds of python on Windoze. I > am looking for a Visual Studio 2005 build of Python 2.4, 2.5 or 2.6 > incl. debug build of the python24.lib e.g. python24_d.lib ? What's the problem with creating one yourself? Regards, Martin paul.baumer2@googlemail.com wrote: > Hello, > > I am a bit lost wit...

Building from source -- zlib/binascii problems 2.5.2/2.6.1
I am trying to build Python from source on a RHEL system where I do not have root access. There are two modules that I am having trouble with: zlib & binascii. zlib -- This seems like a make configuration issue. I have noticed that 'gcc -v' returns '--with-system-zlib': $ gcc -v Using built-in specs. Target: x86_64-redhat-linux Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man -- infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix -- enable-checking=release --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit -- disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-libg...

Master device building failed: Installation ASE12.5.2 on to Redhat ES2.1
Hi, I am failed in installing ASE12.5.2 developer edition on to Redhat Enterprise Server 2.1. Could u giv me a suggestion? Kernel: 2.4.9-e.27smp (require 2.4.9-e.3 or higher) glibc:glibc-2.2.4-32.15(Require glibc-2.2.4-26 or above in installation guide) shmmax was set to 64MB The log in screen: ==================== Building Adaptive Server 'ewarmstux': Writing entry into directory services... Directory services entry complete. Building master device... Task failed Below is the rs log: ===================== ..... 00:00000:00000:2004/08/18 13:44:10.03 server ...

Build Error in MinGW 3.4.5 of ACE 5.7
Hi! Have problem to build ACE under Windows XP in MinGW (We can build it in Linux, Slackware 11, and other dists ) When we build we get following Error == $ make make[1]: Entering directory `/d/downloads/ACE/ACE_wrappers_5.7.2/ace' GNUmakefile: /d/downloads/ACE/ACE_wrappers_5.7.2/ace/GNUmakefile.ACE MAKEFLAGS=w g++ -Wpointer-arith -mthreads -mtune=pentiumpro -O3 -g -pipe - pipe -I/d/downloads/ACE/ACE_wrappers_5.7.2 -DACE_HAS_EXCEPTIONS - DACE_NO_INLINE -I.. -DACE_BUILD_DLL -c -o .shobj/Local_Name_Space.o Local_Name_Space.cpp In file included from d:/downloads/...

EDK 9.2 and virtex 2 devices
Hi all, i'm currently trying to make an virtex2 project with edk 9.2i. Unfortunately all virtex2 based boards are removed from the bsb dialog (also boards with older spartan devices). Also the migration of an existing edk 91.i virtex2 project doesn't work. The reason for these should be the new plb_v4.6. But the old plb version is still there, so it should work. Any ideas to solve these problem ? Thanks in advance ! Andreas > i'm currently trying to make an virtex2 project with edk 9.2i. > Unfortunately all virtex2 based boards are removed from the bsb dialog > (also ...

Building Python 2.5.2 for Itanium
Hello, A tool that we use needs to be ported to Itanium. It wsa written for Python 2.5.2, and so I was happily using the Itanium version of that release. However, as I have gotten deeper into the port, I see that ctypes was not included with the Itanium Python 2.5.2 release. I need to compile that module for that release and platform, but I have been unable to discover which MS compiler version and runtime was used to generate the binaries. My understanding is that Python 2.5.2 in general uses Visual Studio 2003, but MS does not appear to have shipped an Itanium compiler with that ver...

Build @ VS2005 with ACE 5.5 #2
I am using VS2005 with ACE5.5. I wanna use static lib of ACE,and I've set Preprocessor Definition just like the ACE-INSTALL.html told, but when linked to .lib,there're error LNK2005. How to solve it?Or how to set exactly? ...

Problems building wxMac 2.5.2