DDR2 dqs pin // virtex4

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I just bougth a card with FPGA "Virtex4 XC4VLX60 668pinBGA -11"
The board is equiped with a DDR2 SDRAM memorie.
FPGA and memory is connected with signals such as DQ[0:15], DQS[0:1],
DQSN[0:1].
I use Xilinx controler (MIG 1.72) in ISE 9.1.03i.

The pinout of this board is :
DDR2_DQS0 => PIN number M21 (IO_L13P_9)
DDR2_DQS0_N => PIN number M2O (IO_L13N_9)
DDR2_DQS1 => PIN number K20 (IO_L5N_9)
DDR2_DQS1_N => PIN number L19 (IO_L5P_9)

I have an error in ISE, because there is an inversion between DQS1 <->
DQS1_N
DDR2_DQS1 should have PIN number L19 (IO_L5P_9)
(When I do this inversion in ucf file, I can route my FPGA)

Please, see below the VHDL code (MIG 1.72).

Can you help me to find a solution to modify the VHDL code, and so get round
the bug pinout of this board
Thanks lot.

Regards,
Benoit.

The VHDL code (MIG 1.72) is :
---
-- Device      : Virtex-4
-- Design Name : DDR2 Direct Clocking
-- Purpose     : This module places the data stobes in the IOBs.
---

library ieee;
use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
use ieee.std_logic_unsigned.all;

library UNISIM;
use UNISIM.VCOMPONENTS.ALL;

entity mem_interface_top_v4_dqs_iob is
  port (
    CLK          : in    std_logic;
    RESET        : in    std_logic;

    DLYINC       : in    std_logic;
    DLYCE        : in    std_logic;
    DLYRST       : in    std_logic;
    CTRL_DQS_RST : in    std_logic;
    CTRL_DQS_EN  : in    std_logic;
    DDR_DQS      : inout std_logic;
    DDR_DQS_L    : inout std_logic;
    DQS_RISE     : out   std_logic
    );
end entity;

architecture arc_v4_dqs_iob of mem_interface_top_v4_dqs_iob is

  signal dqs_in         : std_logic;
  signal dqs_out        : std_logic;
  signal dqs_delayed    : std_logic;
  signal ctrl_dqs_en_r1 : std_logic;
  signal vcc            : std_logic;
  signal gnd            : std_logic;
  signal clk180         : std_logic;
  signal data1          : std_logic;
  signal DQS_UNUSED     : std_logic;

  signal RESET_r1       : std_logic;

begin

  vcc    <= '1';
  gnd    <= '0';
  clk180 <= not CLK;

  process(CLK)
  begin
    if (CLK = '1' and CLK'event) then
      RESET_r1 <= RESET;
    end if;
  end process;

  process(clk180)
  begin
    if clk180'event and clk180 = '1' then
      if (CTRL_DQS_RST = '1') then
        data1 <= '0';
      else
        data1 <= '1';
      end if;
    end if;
  end process;

  idelay_dqs : IDELAY
    generic map(
      IOBDELAY_TYPE  => "VARIABLE",
      IOBDELAY_VALUE => 0
      )
    port map (
      O   => dqs_delayed,
      I   => dqs_in,
      C   => CLK,
      CE  => DLYCE,
      INC => DLYINC,
      RST => DLYRST
      );

  iddr_dqs : IDDR
    generic map(
      DDR_CLK_EDGE => "SAME_EDGE_PIPELINED",
      SRTYPE       => "SYNC"
      )
    port map (
      Q1 => DQS_RISE,
      Q2 => DQS_UNUSED,
      C  => CLK,
      CE => vcc,
      D  => dqs_delayed,
      R  => RESET_r1,
      S  => gnd
      );

  oddr_dqs : ODDR
    generic map(
      DDR_CLK_EDGE => "OPPOSITE_EDGE",
      SRTYPE       => "SYNC"
      )
    port map (
      Q  => dqs_out,
      C  => clk180,
      CE => vcc,
      D1 => data1,
      D2 => gnd,
      R  => gnd,
      S  => gnd
      );

  tri_state_dqs : FD
    port map (
      D => CTRL_DQS_EN,
      Q => ctrl_dqs_en_r1,
      C => clk180
      );

  iobuf_dqs : IOBUFDS
    port map (
      O   => dqs_in,
      IO  => DDR_DQS,
      IOB => DDR_DQS_L,
      I   => dqs_out,
      T   => ctrl_dqs_en_r1
      );

end arc_v4_dqs_iob;

0
Reply bhb22l (2) 11/22/2007 9:33:25 AM

See related articles to this posting

bhb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just bougth a card with FPGA "Virtex4 XC4VLX60 668pinBGA -11"
> The board is equiped with a DDR2 SDRAM memorie.
> FPGA and memory is connected with signals such as DQ[0:15], DQS[0:1],
> DQSN[0:1].
> I use Xilinx controler (MIG 1.72) in ISE 9.1.03i.
>
> The pinout of this board is :
> DDR2_DQS0 => PIN number M21 (IO_L13P_9)
> DDR2_DQS0_N => PIN number M2O (IO_L13N_9)
> DDR2_DQS1 => PIN number K20 (IO_L5N_9)
> DDR2_DQS1_N => PIN number L19 (IO_L5P_9)
>
> I have an error in ISE, because there is an inversion between DQS1 <->
> DQS1_N
> DDR2_DQS1 should have PIN number L19 (IO_L5P_9)
> (When I do this inversion in ucf file, I can route my FPGA)
> Can you help me to find a solution to modify the VHDL code, and so get round
> the bug pinout of this board

I don't understand - you have an error in the ucf file, you changed the
ucf file, it fixed the problem but you want a different solution so that
you don't have the change the ucf file?

Your VHDL code directly instantiates the IOB. ISE 'knows' to which pins
the IO and IOB outputs of IOBUFDS can connect. Your VHDL connects the
DQS pins using vector notation, which is good because it is concise and
understandable. If you wanted to change the VHDL, you could instantiate
the IOBUFDS of each DQS separately. For the DQS that has the error in
the ucf, change the signal names to match the ucf. This will make an
inverted DQS output, so be sure to invert that DQS bit somewhere in the
DQS generation logic. Check the timing carefully to make sure that the
inversion doesn't cause any timing errors. Finally, put in a comment
explaining why you made this change.

I had a similar problem on a design, except that the PC board had an
error and the N FPGA output went to a P SDRAM input; the P FPGA output
went to the N SDRAM input. I inverted the signal before the IOB then
commented it carefully so that months later I wouldn't wonder why that
signal was coded differently than the rest. (It was my job to check to
PCB artwork before fab, too.)

---
Joe Samson
Pixel Velocity
0
Reply Joseph 11/22/2007 3:43:57 PM

Thank you for comment.
I need to change my file.ucf to route the FPGA. So, the information is
opposite.
DQS0 should have the same information as DQS1 (I use Lower and Upper byte in
memory).
But with this chnage in ucf, DQS0 = DQS1_N.

I changed IOBUFDS for only DQS1, DSQ1_N
I invert DQS1 bit in the DQS1 generation logic, but I have no result in the
board (the source code was tested
in a other DDR2 memory with success).

I don't know if the problem is a timing or other.

Could you indicate me an example (please find the code in my first mail) to
invert  DQS1 bit in the DQS1 generation logic.
Thanks lot in advance.

Best regards,
Benoit.

"Joseph Samson" <user@not.my.company> a �crit dans le message news:
1th1j.70646$YL5.24511@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net...
> bhb wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just bougth a card with FPGA "Virtex4 XC4VLX60 668pinBGA -11"
> > The board is equiped with a DDR2 SDRAM memorie.
> > FPGA and memory is connected with signals such as DQ[0:15], DQS[0:1],
> > DQSN[0:1].
> > I use Xilinx controler (MIG 1.72) in ISE 9.1.03i.
> >
> > The pinout of this board is :
> > DDR2_DQS0 => PIN number M21 (IO_L13P_9)
> > DDR2_DQS0_N => PIN number M2O (IO_L13N_9)
> > DDR2_DQS1 => PIN number K20 (IO_L5N_9)
> > DDR2_DQS1_N => PIN number L19 (IO_L5P_9)
> >
> > I have an error in ISE, because there is an inversion between DQS1 <->
> > DQS1_N
> > DDR2_DQS1 should have PIN number L19 (IO_L5P_9)
> > (When I do this inversion in ucf file, I can route my FPGA)
> > Can you help me to find a solution to modify the VHDL code, and so get
round
> > the bug pinout of this board
>
> I don't understand - you have an error in the ucf file, you changed the
> ucf file, it fixed the problem but you want a different solution so that
> you don't have the change the ucf file?
>
> Your VHDL code directly instantiates the IOB. ISE 'knows' to which pins
> the IO and IOB outputs of IOBUFDS can connect. Your VHDL connects the
> DQS pins using vector notation, which is good because it is concise and
> understandable. If you wanted to change the VHDL, you could instantiate
> the IOBUFDS of each DQS separately. For the DQS that has the error in
> the ucf, change the signal names to match the ucf. This will make an
> inverted DQS output, so be sure to invert that DQS bit somewhere in the
> DQS generation logic. Check the timing carefully to make sure that the
> inversion doesn't cause any timing errors. Finally, put in a comment
> explaining why you made this change.
>
> I had a similar problem on a design, except that the PC board had an
> error and the N FPGA output went to a P SDRAM input; the P FPGA output
> went to the N SDRAM input. I inverted the signal before the IOB then
> commented it carefully so that months later I wouldn't wonder why that
> signal was coded differently than the rest. (It was my job to check to
> PCB artwork before fab, too.)
>

> ---
> Joe Samson
> Pixel Velocity

0
Reply bhb 11/22/2007 4:53:42 PM

bhb wrote:
> Thank you for comment.
> I need to change my file.ucf to route the FPGA. So, the information is
> opposite.
I'm sorry that I still don't understand what you're telling me. Can you
explain why fixing the ucf file isn't the correct solution and can you
please tell me what the original ISE error was?

> I changed IOBUFDS for only DQS1, DSQ1_N
> I invert DQS1 bit in the DQS1 generation logic, but I have no result in the
> board (the source code was tested
> in a other DDR2 memory with success).

Can you explain this in much more detail? What do you mean that the
source code was tested in another DDR2 memory with success?

> Could you indicate me an example (please find the code in my first mail) to
> invert  DQS1 bit

My VHDL is rusty, how about:
   iobuf_dqs : IOBUFDS
     port map (
       O   => dqs1_in,
       IO  => DDR_DQS1,
       IOB => DDR_DQS1_L,
       I   => not dqs1_out,
       T   => ctrl_dqs_en_r1
       );

---
Joe
0
Reply Joseph 11/23/2007 12:28:40 AM

Thank Joseph for your comment.

ISE 'knows' to which pins the IO and IOB outputs of IOBUFDS can connect.
I found the solution to not modify my ucf pinout, and not modify the logic
value of  DQS and DQS_N.
I changed the IOBUFDS, and used IOBUF and ODDR. With ISE, I can connect :
DQS_N => PIN  IO_P
DQS => PIN  IO_N

In ucf , use IOSTANDART = SSTL18_II
(not DIFF_SSTL18_DCI).

I routed this solution, and the test is OK on the board.

Y8p1j.19185$4V6.8763@newssvr14.news.prodigy.net...
> bhb wrote:
> > Thank you for comment.
> > I need to change my file.ucf to route the FPGA. So, the information is
> > opposite.
> I'm sorry that I still don't understand what you're telling me. Can you
> explain why fixing the ucf file isn't the correct solution and can you
> please tell me what the original ISE error was?
>
> > I changed IOBUFDS for only DQS1, DSQ1_N
> > I invert DQS1 bit in the DQS1 generation logic, but I have no result in
the
> > board (the source code was tested
> > in a other DDR2 memory with success).
>
> Can you explain this in much more detail? What do you mean that the
> source code was tested in another DDR2 memory with success?
>
> > Could you indicate me an example (please find the code in my first mail)
> > invert  DQS1 bit
>
> My VHDL is rusty, how about:
>    iobuf_dqs : IOBUFDS
>      port map (
>        O   => dqs1_in,
>        IO  => DDR_DQS1,
>        IOB => DDR_DQS1_L,
>        I   => not dqs1_out,
>        T   => ctrl_dqs_en_r1
>        );
>
> ---
> Joe

0
Reply bhb 11/27/2007 8:08:13 AM
comp.arch.fpga 18422 articles. 20 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

changing DDR2 pin LOC on UCF generated by MIG for virtex4
Am I allowed to change the pin location on the same bank generated b MIG for my virtex4 design ? Would it not be a hassle or restricted i I am forced to use the exact pin location for my DDR2 design ? One o my Virtex4 eval board has it's own fixed DDR2 pins and I would lik MIG to follow those pins constraint. Thanks a lot anyone able to help me please lgh wrote: > Am I allowed to change the pin location on the same bank generated by > MIG for my virtex4 design ? Would it not be a hassle or restricted if > I am forced to use the exact pin location for my DDR2 design ? One of ...

Virtex4 Output Pins during Configuration
Hi all, I have a problem with a Virtex4 FPGA, I'm using it to control a motor ... but during the configuration output pins goes high and the motor moves. Is there any way to solve the problem without modifying the hardware? If not ... are pulldown resistors a possible solution? What I mean is ... even if I put a pulldown resistor if the pin is pulled high by the FPGA then the pulldown is not useful. Thank you. Nemesis, How is the HSWAP_EN pin connected? This enables/disables the internal weak pullups while configuring. If the weak pullup is not enabled, then the pin is tristate whil...

Need Recommandation for DDR2 controller virtex4
Hello all, I am trying a new design that includes DDR2. This design has multiple accses to the memory and I need to use bank interleaving and auto-precharge function (only on the last access to the read line ,as expected). CAN someone reccomand me a decent controller that does so (even if i need to buy it)? I have tried xilinx MIG but it doesn't support interleaving. thanks Guy. Try Northwest Logic--they do good work but you have to pay for it. http://www.nwlogic.com/ Terry Brown On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 03:46:05 -0800, Guy_FPGA wrote: > Hello all, > I am trying a new design t...

Altera Cyclone II DQ/DQS pins location
Hello group, I have an issue with porting my high-speed DDR interface to Altera Cyclone II device. As far as datasheet says, Altera Cyclone II device does not have any dedicated circuitry to support DDR signaling in its Input/Output blocks for DQ pins. The only thing present in hardware is the clock delay circuitry on DQS pins. All other DDR logic is implemented using LUT's and triggers from adjacent Logic Array Blocks. So, it seams that we have only DQS pins location fixed, whenever all other DDR pins may float within the selected IO bank. Is that right? If yes, then what is the reason t...

DDR2: Why do I see two edges of a 125MHz DQS on the IDELAY
Hi, I'm working on a Virtex4 DDR2 interface based on the direct clocking design from MIG 1.6 (XAPP701). I'm clocking the DDR2 (Micron 1Gb) at 125MHz, so I would expect to see only one edge of DQS during calibration using the IDELAY. However, from chipscope I see two edges only approx 900ps apart. I notice there are lots of IDELAY queries on here... can anyone explain what is going on? The design uses an IDELAYCTRL clocked at 200MHz from a DCM CLKFX with a 50MHz clkin. The result is intermittant read errors, I suspect since the calibrated data delay is totally wrong... Many thanks,...

Virtex4: On using a LC clock pin for global clock.
Can one use a CC_LC (regional clock) to drive the global clock tree via a BUFG or IBUFG primitive? I assume this is a bad design practice, because CC_LC are 'external' pins, whereas GC pins are located near the center of the die... Do I risk a high clock skew resulting in poor synthesized frequency? Regards, Steve Steve wrote: > Can one use a CC_LC (regional clock) to drive the global clock tree via a BUFG or IBUFG primitive? > > I assume this is a bad design practice, because CC_LC are 'external' pins, whereas GC pins are located near the center of the die... >...

[Xilinx V4SX55]DDR2 SDRAM controller + dual purpose pins
Hey, I'm using a V4SX55-FF1148 device and as framebuffer i have build a DDR2 controller ... now i'm having 2 of those controllers in the same device and controller 1 is working perfectly but in controller 0 i have 2 pins that always read 1. no matter what. those 2 pins happen to be on a dual purpose pin (D0/D1 from configuration, but i'm using the serial slave configuration). All the VREF's are connected to the device on +0.9V, all the IDELAYCTRL's are correctly locked since the other pins of the framebuffer on the same bank give no issue and are working fine ... this is ...

Schematic pin to pin tracer
Problem statement: Given a starting pin, starting cell name & ending cellname(All in the same hierarchy), to find the mapping between the starting pin and the actual pin it is connected to in the ending cell name(stop level). Looks to me like a big graph theory problem, open to ideas about implementation. But since Cadence already has leHiProbe, am tempted to check and see if they have any canned skill function? What I can think off: Start out "waves" from the starting pin:cellName and stop when you hit on the endingcell name, and grab the pinname of that instance Not very cl...

fpga pin to pin conecting
Hi everyone Can someone please help me. If I have to connect two FPGA circuits on the same board and their pins are not compatible waht should I do? If someone knows some good link about this, anything that you think that will be useful, please tell me. Thanks Zoran On Jan 14, 7:48=A0am, Zorjak <Zor...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi everyone > > Can someone please help me. If I have to connect two FPGA circuits on > the same board and their pins are not compatible waht should I do? > If someone knows some good link about this, anything that you think > that will be useful, p...

DQS
Hello, whats the matter with DQS? Is it maintaned still? Where to get it? The link to ftp.fsu.edu -> dead ftp.scri.fsu.edu -> dead ftp.chpc.utexas.edu ->dead ftp.psc.edu -> sime limited code Andreas -- ...

re-attach pin text to pin
Is there a way to re-attach the text its pin so it moves when the pin is moved? rick schrieb: > Is there a way to re-attach the text its pin so it moves when the pin > is moved? There is an "Attach" function, somewhere down in the menus. Right now don't have time to look for it, but I know it's there. Marc ...

80 Pin to 68 Pin converter
Hello all, I built a new computer (for home use) and I wanted really fast drives so I bought 15K RPM Ultra 320 SCSI drives Hitachi Ultrastar HUS153014VL3800 and FUJITSU Enterprise MAU3073NC and I bought a Adaptec SCSI Card 39320D. I didnt realize at the time that the drives were 80 pin. So I couldnt use them at the time I got together the rest of my parts so I just threw in a IDE drive till I get this all sorted out and I need some advise. So I understand I need a 80 pin to 68 pin converter to make these drives usefull to me I guess. From what I have researched so far I found that I cant find...

68 Pin Versus 80 Pin
Is there a difference between a 68 pin and an 80 pin cable? Is one better or worse? I am getting ready to buy a drive and have an opportunutity to get a Maxtor 15k drive. One has a 68 pin connector and one has an 80 pin. I want the better or faster of the two. I know nothing of SCSI and presently don't have any SCSI devices in my computer. I will run a single SCSI drive now and may use a raid setup at a later date but I'm not sure. I fooled with SCSI a few years back (SCSI CD writer). Never could get it to work. Hopefully this experience will fare better. Also, does anyone have a s...

80 Pin to 68 Pin adapters
I have acquired an Adaptec host SCSI card 2940UW with a 68 pin internal connector. This came with four Quantum QM318200TD SCSI hard drives with 80 pin connectors but only one 80-68 adapter. OK I can use the drives one at a time, great fun, but can anyone point me to the best one of these possible choices please: 1) Is there such a thing as an 80-68 adapter that fits on the Adaptec card, so I can use an 80-pin cable from all four drives leading to the single 80-68 adapter on the Adaptec card? The lack of power pins on the HDD's does raise an obstacle there! 2) My initial research tells me ...

Digital pin used as analog pin
Hi, i want use a digital pin as analog output voltage: is it possible linear decrease voltage (maybe with a proper 1-0 combination) as output without PWM? On Oct 12, 12:18 pm, fasf <silusilus...@gmail.com> wrote: > i want use a digital pin as analog output voltage: is it possible > linear decrease voltage (maybe with a proper 1-0 combination) as > output without PWM? You could do PWM in software using a timer interrupt. fasf wrote: > Hi, > i want use a digital pin as analog output voltage: is it possible > linear decrease voltage (maybe with a proper 1-0 combinat...

Cartridge connector/pin-pin replacements
I'm working on a project where I want to daisy-chain and hard-wire several cartridge devices, but I'm having trouble locating connectors that go in the place of the cartridge connectors. >From what I've heard and can measure (though I'm not 100% sure if it's correct or just due to misalignment in mounting/soldering in the device I've been measuring) the Atari ST cartridge connector has two rows of 20 pins each. Those two rows are spaced 5mm apart, while the pins are spaced 2mm apart from each other. Since my setup will be a permanent one and the cartridg...

Motion Control Connector (15 pin) Checking the Dir(CW) Pin#4 and Dir(CCW) pin#12
Hi, &nbsp; I want to check the output (digital 5V) from my Control Connector in the UMI-7774 on Axis#1. &nbsp; The Control Connector (15 pin) has Dir(CW)&nbsp; Pin#4 and Dir(CCW) pin#12 which i need to connect to my Servo motor drive (Forward and Reverse inputs in the Motor Drive, Both 24VDC). I connect these pins :&nbsp;Dir(CW)&nbsp; Pin#4 and Dir(CCW) pin#12 to the Forward and Reverse inputs in the Motor Drive, I use a 24vdc relay with 5v coil (of the relay), and as i test it in Motion Assistant the Servo motor NOT MOVE ! So, i wanted to test if the&nbsp; Dir(CW)&...

24 pin
Where does one buy a 24pin to 28pin Eprom kernal adapter, with a toggle switch for two different kernals, just like a JD ?? I thought I had heard people where buying a bunch of PCB boards and making them. Are they doing this for self or for resell ?? You can get one here from Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=3D1&item=3D160294436112 On Oct 29, 3:00=A0pm, bluebirdpod <bluebird...@gmail.com> wrote: > Where does one buy a 24pin to 28pin Eprom kernal adapter, with a > toggle switch for two different kernals, just like a JD ?? > > I thought I...

68 pin to 80 Pin SCA Adapter
Anyone know the correct setup to use an 68 pin to 80 Pin SCA Adapter? Here's a link to an image of the adapter I'm trying to use: http://www.mc3llc.com/prodimages/CC685FFL-2_LR.jpg I am trying to use this to connect an 80 Pin SCA HD to my MegaRAID 1600 elite U160 controller. I currently have it setup on a 4 position terminated cable: position 1 is my Adapter, position 2 is empty, position 3 is my HD (with adapter & power), position for is my LVD/SE terminator. The HD is setup for SCSI ID 3 (on the adapter). There are jumper options for LED, SYN, DLY, MTR also on the adapter. ...

When do you pin out?
Hey y'all -- Lately my company's been poking around at our overall design flow, trying to work out how to make things happen in better, more logical fashions. And one of the things that comes to mind is the pinning of FPGAs, i.e. determining which signal's going to go where. Traditionally around here, we've allowed the pinning to be pretty much at the PCB layout engineer's discretion with only minimal input from me, i.e. this has to go to a GCLK, these all need to be on the same I/O bank for voltage reasons. I was just wondering how everyone else fits actuall...

Need 40 pin Machine PIN Socket...
Hey everyone!! I am doing a hardware project on my CDTV and I need to get a 40 pin Machine pin (round hole) socket. Does anyone here have one they could sell me or know where I can buy one? Radio Shack only carries the cheap dual wipe sockets and this won't work for my purpose. Thanks in advance!! Douglas :) P.S. Please respond here in newsgroup! Macintosh Dragon wrote: > Hey everyone!! I am doing a hardware project on my CDTV and I need to > get a 40 pin Machine pin (round hole) socket. Does anyone here have one > they could sell me or know where I can buy one? R...

50-pin device on 68-pin bus?
Am I right in assuming that I cannot use a 50-68 adapter to connect a 50-pin drive to a 68-pin SCSI card --even if it's the only device on that bus? There would be a bunch of unterminated lines, right? Perce Percival P. Cassidy <nobody@notmyisp.net> wrote: > Am I right in assuming that I cannot use a 50-68 adapter to connect a > 50-pin drive to a 68-pin SCSI card --even if it's the only device on > that bus? There would be a bunch of unterminated lines, right? > > Perce as long as the 68 pin cable is terminated you can. the below is ok. controller 68 pin...

Unused Pin setting on per-pin basis
Hi all, I've got a custom FPGA board with a number of peripherals connected to the FPGA. I need to keep the connections between the FPGA and unused peripherals in a sensible state. Is there a way I can define FPGA pins as inputs with different pull-up/pull-down/floating states without including dummy signals in my HDL. bitgen offers the option to set ALL unused pins to pull-up/pull-down/floating, but I need to set this on a per/pin basis. Any ideas anyone? Thanks Andy On 2 Mai, 10:11, Andrew Greensted <ajg...@ohm.york.ac.uk> wrote: > Hi all, > > I've got a custom F...

25 pin serial to 9 pin serial?
I have an old pen plotter (Houston Instrument DMP-50) which has a 25 pin serial port. Can I hook this up to a 'modern' 9 pin serial connector? Is there a connector/adaptor I can use? Or is there some other way to hook up to the port? Michael Soibelman wrote: > > I have an old pen plotter (Houston Instrument DMP-50) which has a 25 pin > serial port. Can I hook this up to a 'modern' 9 pin serial connector? Is > there a connector/adaptor I can use? Yes and yes. Check any cable supplier. They should have 9-25 adapters. Michael Soibelman wrote: > > I h...