DSP

Please Give me outline of doing a project of dsp processor design.

0
sahi.cse (1)
2/21/2006 10:45:18 AM
comp.arch.fpga 18587 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 21 Feb 2006 02:45:18 -0800, "SaHiD" <sahi.cse@gmail.com> wrote:
>Please Give me outline of doing a project of dsp processor design.

1) Pick an application that needs DSP. i.e. Radar with beam forming

2) Write a project specification. i.e. 500 page MS-Word document

3) Extract the DSP part of the project. i.e. Do beam forming

4) Select a DSP chip. i.e. TMS320CV5416 from Texas Instruments

5) Download the free eval version of their software

6) Do the project

7) Learn to write newsgroup posts with sufficient explanation
of what you want and what work you have done on it yourself
so that there is a reasonable chance that someone could give
you a useful answer.

0
Philip

Can the complex DSP archetecture based on FPGA+DSP be replaced by FPGA
Generally, the most popular DSP archetecture which focused on complex digital signal processing is based on DSP +FPGA. FPGA is often used as a coprocessor for a DSP because those PowerPC 440 cores aren't as fast as DSP and those algorithms which are developed by C language can be developped more easily than those developed by Verilog or VHDL language. However, as the time goes, FPGA has developped fast in recent years. I want to ask that whether those complex digital system which was based on DPS+FPGA can be replaced by FPGA now. And if it is, then how can I do that? I know Xilinx has dev...

FPGA or DSP.? .
Hello, I've to choose the platform for an embedded system. I'm developing a multichannel (16 channels, 32ksps) acquisition system. I need to make some filtering operations over each channel and send them to pc everything in real time. The channels have an SPI compatible interface. I've looked at the Spartan3A dsp where I can easily make multiple SPI compatible interface and then process the channel in parallel. I've found the Spartan 3A dsp starter kit from AVNET that can work well but it hasn't an USB interface that I want use to send data to pc (principally I ne...

DSP and FPGA
Hi! I'm looking for links about implementing DSP algorithms in FPGAs. Could someone help me ('couse Google can't help me well)? Thanks! -- mackie mackie wrote: > Hi! > I'm looking for links about implementing DSP algorithms in FPGAs. > Could someone help me ('couse Google can't help me well)? There may be some papers at http://andraka.com/. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯...

DSP design into FPGA
hi all.. Is it possible to import the design which is converted into a class.ptf file by Altera DSP builder into SOPC builder. i have converted it into a *.ptf file but was unable to import into the design. can anyone help me out ...

basic DSP with FPGA
Hi all, I'm new to FPGA stuff... i have an idea of making an audio spectrum analyzer implemented on a fpga, displaying data on a VGA monitor (spartan-3 starter kit). I guess I will need to filter the audio data in some way (band pass filters for each channel?), and I want to do it with the FPGA. That is, I'll get some ADC and plug it to the FPGA, and then process the audio, first some basic filters for audio manipulation (low pass, "bass boost", etc), and then move on to something more complex.. Does anyone have some pointers of how to implement this kind of filtering with FP...

FPGA + DSP: any solution?
Hi, I'm looking for an FPGA+DSP solution with small form factor (PC104 or less) for image processing. I thought about Spartan6 (for lvds to raw conversion data) + TMS320C6457 (for image processing) I need also GbE and USB 2.0 link...I think that such PCB is really difficult to realize, so i'm looking for a company that has realized a similar product...any help? Thanks On Oct 4, 11:46=A0am, eryer <idkfaidkfaid...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I'm looking for an FPGA+DSP solution with small form factor (PC104 or > less) for image processing. > I thought ab...

Corba on DSP/FPGA
Hi folks, I'm starting a project about SDR. And I have many doubts about how to implement a Corba Specification on DSP/FPGA. I looking for information regarding Corba used on DSP/FPGA. As there are a lot of information in the net, I'm a little confused. Where Should I start from? Since now, thanks a lot. Daniel Patrick DPatrick wrote: > Hi folks, > I'm starting a project about SDR. > And I have many doubts about how to implement a Corba Specification on > DSP/FPGA. > I looking for information regarding Corba used on DSP/FPGA. > As there are a lot...

DSP vs FPGA
Hi every one, It seems that implementation of DSP algorithm In simulink is possible not only for TI DSPs but also XILINX FPGAs. I intend to implement a baseband 64 QAM modem with MATLAB/SIMULINK. It should be added that the bandwidth of afforementioned modem is 8 KHz and about 64 Kbps. It wuold be highly appreciated if some one informe me about the pros and cons of the two mentioned solutions. Best Regards. Alireza ar_kf@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi every one, > > It seems that implementation of DSP algorithm In simulink is possible > not only for TI DSPs > but also XILINX FPG...

FPGA vs DSP
Hi, i have no experiece about dsp or fpga (instead i know microcontrollers), so i have some questions: 1. What are the differences about DSP and FPGA? When dsp is better than fpga? I heard that dsp is better for floating point numbers: is it true?why? 2. for image processing, what is the better? thanks > i have no experiece about dsp or fpga (instead i know > microcontrollers), so i have some questions: > 1. What are the differences about DSP and FPGA? When dsp is better > than fpga? I heard that dsp is better for floating point numbers: is > it true?why? > 2. f...

FPGA / DSP Jobs
Hi, I have a couple of FPGA jobs available in Southern NH. If you're interested please let me know. Thanks, - Dan Dan Desjardins Senior Technical Recruiter Computer Express, Inc. 301 North Avenue, Wakefield, MA 01880 T: 1.781.246.4477 F: 1.781.246.1434 E: dld@computerexpress.com W: www.computerexpress.com Celebrating 25 years in business! ...

FPGA/DSP/Video Board
Hi, Many thanks for your time. I'm looking for a board to pre-process the video signal from camera. The followings are the features of the camera I will use: -- The camera is of RGB type and has three separate CCD sensors. -- The interface of 3CCD camera is not limited, can be Camera link, GigE, 1394 or analog RGB (three channels), it depends on which kind of development board I can use. -- The frame rate of this camera is about 30f/s, and resolution about 1024*768, 8/10bit. The followings are the features of the board I am looking for: -- Proper interface to receive data from 3CCD ca...

DSP to DSP Synchronizer
Hi! I am working on implementing a DSP to DSP synchronizer on the TMS320C6701 using 16-QAM. I have already built and implemented the transmitter but I am running late on time and having troubles with the receiver. Can anyone help me out with algorithm, code, or material please? Thank you very much in advance. ...

Should I use microprocessor or FPGA for DSP?
I have some algorithms to implement to hardware. And I am very new in hardware implementation. What I understand is microprocessor(C/C++) and FPGA(VHDL) are both technology widely used in DSP. What should I consider when I want to choose which of them to be used? Which one is the best in terms of performance, speed, power consumption, cost, time to market and etc. I have tried to google my question, however, most of companies are hard selling their product. Hope someone can clarify. Thanks in advance. >I have some algorithms to implement to hardware. And I am very new in >hardware impl...

Search for jobs in DSP, FPGA
Hi, I just finished my PhD and my area was on DSP on FPGAs so I am aquainted with both the areas of DSP and FPGAs. I also used concepts of digital electronics in my project like building state machines. I am now searching for jobs in the following areas 1) FPGAs 2)DSP Could someone provide me the links of authentic websites where jobs in these areas are posted? Please help. The more the number of websites the better. Best Regards, Koyel On Thu, 4 Jul 2013 22:56:04 -0700 (PDT), koyel.aphy@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > >I just finished my PhD and my area was on DSP on FPG...

DSP to DSP Synchronizer
Hi! I am working on implementing a DSP to DSP synchronizer on the TMS320C6701 using 16-QAM. I have already built and implemented the transmitter but I am running late on time and having troubles with the receiver. Can anyone help me out with algorithm, code, or material please? Thank you very much in advance. "Texas Longhorns" <OUSucks@hotmail.com> writes: > Hi! I am working on implementing a DSP to DSP synchronizer on the > TMS320C6701 using 16-QAM. I have already built and implemented the > transmitter but I am running late on time and having troubles with >...

Web resources about - DSP - comp.arch.fpga

DSP Media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DSP Media , formerly known as DSP Entertainment is a Korean entertainment company, headquartered in Seoul , South Korea that was established ...

MusicPlayer ColatPlayer - EQ (Parametric Equalizer) / Concert Effect (DSP/Reverb) on the App Store
... compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about MusicPlayer ColatPlayer - EQ (Parametric Equalizer) / Concert Effect (DSP/Reverb). ...

DSP 282: iPhone Tablet 2008-02-23 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Obviously I can't say much about this except that it's really cool and surprisingly light. Also surprising is how hard it is to take a picture ...

Tetris-Bot (TI DSP + Lego NXT robot) - YouTube
Tetris-Bot is a Tetris-playing robot. Jay Leno would say "How lazy are we getting? Now robots play games for us!" Well, not exactly, but I agree, ...

The West topping the welfare state: Liverpool and Mount Druitt in the top five DSP populations in Australia ...
... Druitt postcodes all housing more than 3000 recipients each. Liverpool’s postcode, which includes Warwick Farm and Moorebank, has 4381 DSP recipients ...

Commission of Audit says force moves for dole, cut DSP
THE welfare system faces a major shake-up with young unemployed people forced to move for work or lose their Newstart allowance, alongside payment ...

DSPs Reap Rewards As Google and Facebook Brawl Over FBX
When it launched its ad exchange, FBX, last summer, Facebook welcomed a crowd of ad-tech companies to its real-time bidding party. But Google ...

Q1: Sizmek Snags Mobile DSP StrikeAd For $11.7 Million; Mobile Revenue Up, Overall Revenue Down
... and earnings – Sizmek likes to multitask. On Thursday, the company announced its Q1 2015 results and its intention to buy mobile DSP StrikeAd ...

AOL Unwraps Its DSP, Hints at SSP and RTB Platform in Works
AOL has unveiled its latest puzzle piece in completing the LUMAscape bingo game.

PS4 Spec Update: Audio DSP Is Based On AMD’s TrueAudio
Continuing our coverage of AMD’s APU13 conference, one of this morning’s keynotes has been from Sony’s VP of Research & Development in North ...