parallel processing #2

Dear all,

I have some doubts. Please clarify,

1. Is parallel processing possible in DSP processors and other high
level languages like  C etc.,  If so, How??

2. I am doing image processing on FPGA. I have to write a bitmap file
from FPGA output. How can it be done??

3. How a image can be processed parallely on FPGA.

Waiting for replies..

Thanks
prash
0
PrAsHaNtH
7/15/2009 2:04:22 PM
comp.arch.fpga 18587 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

"PrAsHaNtH@IIT" <prashaenator@gmail.com> wrote

> 2. I am doing image processing on FPGA. I have to write a bitmap file
> from FPGA output. How can it be done??

Carefully open up your FPGA. Take a picture of what's inside with a digital
camera. Connect the camera with a USB cable to your PC. Copy the picture
file to your PC. Convert it to bitmap. Job done.

/Mikhail

0
MM
7/15/2009 2:43:28 PM
On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 10:43:28 -0400, "MM" <mbmsv@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"PrAsHaNtH@IIT" <prashaenator@gmail.com> wrote
>>
>> 2. I am doing image processing on FPGA. I have to write a bitmap file
>> from FPGA output. How can it be done??
>>

>Carefully open up your FPGA. Take a picture of what's inside with a digital
>camera. Connect the camera with a USB cable to your PC. Copy the picture
>file to your PC. Convert it to bitmap. Job done.

That's just a little unfair, isn't it?  But, Prashanth, you
have rather brought that on yourself by being so vague.
Do you want to create a bitmap file from your simulation
results, so that you can visualize the results of an
image processing operation in simulation?  Or do you
hope to get the FPGA to write a bitmap file somehow?
If the latter, how do you intend to get the data out
of the FPGA and into a PC where the file can be stored -
USB?  serial?  ethernet?  Your description is far too
"high level" to be useful - it sounds as though you're
some kind of manager :-)
--
Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how

jonathan.bromley@MYCOMPANY.com
http://www.MYCOMPANY.com

Jonathan
7/15/2009 3:17:30 PM
"Jonathan Bromley" <jonathan.bromley@MYCOMPANY.com> wrote

> it sounds as though you're some kind of manager :-)

More like a student who doesn't have a clue...

/Mikhail

0
MM
7/15/2009 5:30:45 PM
On Jul 15, 6:30=A0pm, "MM" <mb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Jonathan Bromley" <jonathan.brom...@MYCOMPANY.com> wrote
>

> > it sounds as though you're some kind of manager :-)
>
> More like a student who doesn't have a clue...

may be a student who's been given a H.W , but then you need to know
how to make and, or, not... gates in FPGA, and study more before you
start to think on implementing parallel image processing algorithms!!

> /Mikhail

0
bish