WARNING:iMPACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup !

Hi !

I'm a newbie in FPGA ( and i'm french,that's why my english is not goo
).
I have the Digilent Spartan 3 Starter kit and Xilinx ISE Webpack 8.1i
with Impact )
I have a problem : I can't download files on the chip because Impac
doesn't recognize my cable. I am using the "Digilent JTAG3 low cos
parallel to JTAG cable" which is included with the starter kit. When
launch a Cable autodetect on Impact, I have this message :

GUI --- Auto connect to cable...
// *** BATCH CMD : setCable -port auto
AutoDetecting cable. Please wait.
PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT2).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT3).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT4).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver xusbdfwu.sys version: 1018 (1018).
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.
PROGRESS_END - End Operation.
Elapsed time =      3 sec.
Cable autodetection failed.

Can any one help me please ?

Thanks

0
Scope
5/16/2006 1:13:16 PM
comp.arch.fpga 18522 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Tue, 16 May 2006 08:13:16 -0500, "Scope" <romaingoron@hotmail.fr>
wrote:

>I have a problem : I can't download files on the chip because Impact
>doesn't recognize my cable. I am using the "Digilent JTAG3 low cost
>parallel to JTAG cable" which is included with the starter kit. When I
>launch a Cable autodetect on Impact, I have this message :

>Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1).
>Checking cable driver.
> Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.

You say it's a parallel cable ... which parallel port is it on?

Do you have any dongles (modules for software licence etc) on that
parallel port?

I am using Xilinx Parallel Cable 4, and it is not recognised by Impact
if I also have the dongle for HDL Designer installed on the same port.
So I have to unplug the dongle (and lose HDL Designer) when using the
Xilinx PC4.

Also, does this parallel cable have another power connection (e.g. to a
mouse port) like the Xilinx PC4? That power connection is necessary.

- Brian
0
Brian
5/16/2006 3:26:05 PM
Thanks Brian for your reply

I solve my problem...

My Parallel Port was not activated in BIOS ...  (sick)
So I activate it.
Now, it works fine !!!

Regards

0
Scope

Setup split tunnel to allow access to local lan using cisco vpn client
Need to know how to setup a split-tunnel on a 2621 dsl router to allow a cisco vpn client user the abuility to retain their local lan access. Also need acl to only allow port 3306 and port 4899 Would it be something to the order of: ! Split-tunnel info access-list enochlan permit ip 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 192.168.5.0 255.255.255.0 vpngroup tunnel1 split-tunnel enochlan Then do we create extended acls to this tunnel1 and apply the acl group to the tunnel1 interface? This is probably what you are looking for: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns171/ns27/networking_solutions_white_pa...

GLIMMIX warning
Hello. I am a graduate student using GLIMMIX to analyze count data. I am investigating the effects that the point count distance to industrial disturbance has on bird abundance. Several of my models are bringing up a note which I have not encountered before. Has anyone encountered this warning? Any advice? I would appreciate any advice. Thanks, Holly 2173 title 'Point Count Distance To DIRT Model'; 2174 proc glimmix data=merged method=LAPLACE IC=pq; 2175 class section pasture; 2176 model species=logPCDT_DIRT/ dist=p link=log solution DDFM=BW; 2177 random...

Re: Difficulty Finding Needed Information
PAT has a good point. What are you looking for? If you're looking for specific information from a specific newsgroup, you can visit http://groups.google.com and search it using a wide array of criteria. You can browse the list of groups in your newsreader and find just about ANYTHING. And I mean ANYTHING. I prefer to use Google Reader http://www.google.com/reader. I can type in a topic and find both USENET and other sources for whatever it is I want to read. John Mayson ...

conversion warning with STL combination of functors
Hello, I wrote the following code to wrap some existing C functions, and I get some warning about converting float to int. float zfactor; int tmp_x[4], corners_x[4]; std::transform(tmp_x,tmp_x+4,corners_x, bind2nd( multiplies<float>(),zfactor) ); I know that I can solve the problem by writing a dedicated functor, but I'd like to know if it exists a proper solution to do it in just one line as above. I have to precise that I don't want to use SGI extensions such as compose1, I look for a standard STL form. Any ideas will be appreciated ! Regards, Gilles Rochefort ...

Impact with Linux Kernel 2.6.x
Hein Roehrig wrote a detailed description on how to run Impact with parallel cable on a linux kernel of the 2.6 series. I can be found on our server: http://www.fpga.de/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=XilinxSoftwareLinux I also asked philip freidin to upload it to www.fpga-faq.com. I Hope this helps, Kolja Sulimma Dear Kolja, the compilation of the kernel module windrv6.ko under kernel 2.6.x using the distribution SuSE 9.2 fails. Here are my steps to get it work: a) download evaluation version of Windriver.tgz from www.jungo.com, extract to <some-path>/WinDriver b) install kernel-sour...

Preventing timing warnings
I'm running some large ModelSim gate level timing simulations which simulate asynchronous inputs coming in through a metastability protected input. The simulation is giving large numbers of timing violation warnings for these inputs which are expected but unwanted for these input gate instances. Does anyone know how I can suppress timing set up and hold warnings for specific instances only? --------------------------------------- Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com On Sep 15, 9:43=A0am, "agb" <andy.bradford@n_o_s_p_a_m.ultra-ccs.com> wrote: ...

finding start and end point of major axis length of an object
Hi to all I have calculated major axis length and minor axis length of an object through regionprops. Now i want to know the starting and ending pixel points of minor and major axes length. Can anybody know this?plz tell me "joveria" wrote in message <iujih2$bl3$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi to all > I have calculated major axis length and minor axis length of an object through regionprops. Now i want to know the starting and ending pixel points of minor and major axes length. Can anybody know this?plz tell me =================== I would assume that the major and ...

How do I setup a 2 pc gaming network w/ internet?
I have the following hardware: 1 HP Vectra VL (500 MHz) Win98se and 3Com Ethernet card and drivers installed. 1 25 ft. crossover Cat 5 cable. 1 home built Athlon 1600+, WinXP Home with 2 Dlink 530 TX+ Ethernet cards (drivers by Microsoft)installed. 1 Dlink DI-604 router. 1 Motorola SB5100 Cable Modem. Objective: I want to play games, share files and connect to the internet with both computers without using ICS. I also want to control internet access for both computers (i.e. I want sole administrative rights because the HP will be run by an 11 year old). I jus...

Error out instead of warn, i.e. warning('error', id)
In previous versions of Matlab (at least in R2007a), one could set the status of a warning message to be 'error'. This would cause any function encountering that particular warning to error out instead of just issuing a warning. The behavior was undocumented, and apparently has been removed from more recent versions of Matlab. I only recently discovered the error status possibility, but I found this little technique to be very helpful, both to permanently change certain warnings to errors (such as the inexact match error, 'MATLAB:dispatcher:InexactMatch', which used to d...

Struggling to find work in the I.T. field
Hello Everyone, I recently graduated from high school about 3 months ago and during that time I have been having a rather challenging time finding work in the I.T. field. Just to let you know, before I go any further, I'm currently living in Calgary, AB (in Canada). I would also like to let you know that both computers and the internet have been a strong interest of mine for six years. Throughout high school I took many courses related to both computers and networking. I was actually enrolled in a special networking class - the Cisco Networking Academy program - in which I comple...

setup.py for c++
I'm taking baby steps toward extending python with c++. I got the demo from "Extending and Embedding the Python Interpreter" running. My next step was to modify the demo to output stuff using <iostream>. This fails, and this seems to be because my setup.py file is using a c compiler (gcc) instead of a c++ compiler. I've searched the web and found several solutions, none of which I've been able to implement correctly. I seem to be only inches away but always missing a critical piece of information, and I was wondering if the gurus here could help. My...

Warning: Warning, solutions may have been lost
Hi! I'm using the following commands to get the simbolic expressions of A1, A1I, A2 and A2I: a=1 eq1='(A1+A1I*i)-(A1-A1I*i)+(A2+A2I*i)-(A2-A2I*i)-Ty(a)/(2*Pi()*i)'; eq2='Srot(1)*(A1+A1I*i)-conj(Srot(1))*(A1-A1I*i)+Srot(2)*(A2+A2I*i)-conj(Srot(2))*(A2-A2I*i)+Tx(a)/(2*Pi()*i)'; eq3='(Srot(1)^2)*(A1+A1I*i)-(conj(Srot(1))^2)*(A1-A1I*i)+(Srot(2)^2)*(A2+A2I*i)-(conj(Srot(2))^2)*(A2-A2I*i)+(InvA(1,2)*Ty(a))/(2*Pi()*i*InvA(1,1))+(InvA(1,3)*Tx(a))/(2*Pi()*i*InvA(1,1))'; eq4='(A1+A1I*i)/Srot(1)-(A1-A1I*i)/conj(Srot(1))+(A2+A2I*i)/Srot(2)-(A2-A2I*i)/conj(Sr...

Finding the cause of a checkstop
I am getting a checkstop error after my linux device driver runs for 30 to 40 minutes. The board has an MPC8272 processor and I am running Linux 2.4 on it. If I clear the Checkstop Reset Enable (CSRE) bit in the Reset Mode Register (RMR) and halt the board rather than reset it, I see that the 60x Bus Transfer Error Status and Control Register 1 (TESCR1) is 0x00000000 and that the 60x Bus Transfer Error Status and Control Register 2 (TESCR2) is 0x80020000. This tells me that there was a 60x bus monitor time-out and that the Transfer Type is 0x10. Besides reviewing my code, is there anything...

comp.lang.java.help,comp.os.os2.setup.storage,comp.specification.misc,comp.lang.labview,comp.databases.visual-dbase
comp.lang.java.help,comp.os.os2.setup.storage,comp.specification.misc,comp.lang.labview,comp.databases.visual-dbase d8sEd > > grateful d8sEd > > trully d8sEd > > webforums d8sEd > > none d8sEd > > dutch d8sEd > > computer d8sEd > > stood d8sEd > > loved d8sEd > > filenames d8sEd > > recognition d8sEd > > league d8sEd > > freebsd d8sEd > > secretj@aol.com d8sEd > > tounge d8sEd > > proxie d8sEd > > panamsat d8sEd > > politely d8sEd > > mind d8sEd > > group d8sEd > > fasttrec ...

Check Point Secure Client licensing
Hi, I purchased a 25 Users license for SecureClient. I have two Nokia IP350 gateway modules in HA and a management station on W2K. Usually I register all licenses with IP of management station. Is it the same for SC license? I still see Policy Server *down* for only one gateway in SmartView Status... is it another problem? Thanks Mimmus ...

About possible data lose warning
int main() { int aNormalInt = 0; short aShortInt = 0; aShortInt = aNormalInt; // Why I am not getting a warining for possible data lose in MS VC++6.0, even with warning level 4? return 0; } -Vinodh "Vinodh Kumar P" <vinodh@here.com> wrote... > int main() > { > int aNormalInt = 0; > short aShortInt = 0; > aShortInt = aNormalInt; // Why I am not getting a warining for possible > data lose in MS VC++6.0, even with warning level 4? > return 0; > } Could be the compiler sees that you're doing nothing, the program is essent...

Mach-O framework
Hi How can I find out in which framework a function is? Thanks for any help. Regards Hans Concrete: I should know in which framework the functions socket, send, recv, access, connect, colsesocket and inet_pton are... Thanks Regards Hans "Hans Stoessel" <hstoessel.list@pm-medici.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:42f89b88$0$18637$14726298@news.sunsite.dk... > Hi > > How can I find out in which framework a function is? > > Thanks for any help. > > Regards > Hans > In article <42f8a048$0$18640$14726298...

kmeans warning message
Hello all, I am applying kmeans on a dataset. Even though I am able to cluster the data, I get a warning message 'Failed to converge at 100 iterations'. For those who have worked with clustering, can you please help me as to how to deal with this problem? Thanks, Bruce > I am applying kmeans on a dataset. Even though I am able to cluster > the data, I get a warning message 'Failed to converge at 100 > iterations'. Hi Bruce - See the 'MaxIter' parameter in the help for KMEANS. The default is 100, you need to increase that, apparently, to get convergence. ...

Auction: IBM Fast Wide SCSI Controller FRU:92F0160 w/ Cable #2
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Fast-Wide-SCSI-Controller-FRU-92F0160-w-Cable_W0QQitemZ8807276769QQcategoryZ39969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: May-10-06 15:44:53 PDT ...

GTK Warnings and Assertions
My app, which I had been working on on OSX and transfered to my linux laptop so that I could continue working while on a trip, is reporting two warnings and then crashing with an assert from GTK: (proveit:19886): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_container_remove: assertion `GTK_IS_CONTAINER (container)' failed (proveit:19886): Gtk-WARNING **: Can't set a parent on a toplevel widget Gtk-ERROR **: file gtkcontainer.c: line 2447 (gtk_container_propagate_expose): assertion failed: (child->parent == GTK_WIDGET (container)) aborting... What the heck do these mean and how do I cor...

Finding all Solutions
I have two equations, eq1:=y=-2*x^2 + 10*x - 6; eq2:=y=6*x^3 + 5*x^2 - 8; Plotting, I see three solutions near [-1.9,-32.9] [-.18,-7.9] [.95,1.7] fsolve gives only the last one. Solve returns complex solutions. I believe this system has 3 real solutions. How do I get them? Tom Dean On 1/6/2015 4:26 AM, Thomas D. Dean wrote: > I have two equations, > > eq1:=y=-2*x^2 + 10*x - 6; > eq2:=y=6*x^3 + 5*x^2 - 8; > > Plotting, I see three solutions near > > [-1.9,-32.9] > [-.18,-7.9] > [.95,1.7] > > fsolve gives only the last ...

Warning..
WARNING:PhysDesignRules:372 - Gated clock. Clock net nx64089z1 is sourced by a combinatorial pin. This is not good design practice. Use the CE pin to control the loading of data into the flip-flop. What does it mean in practise? What should I do? Wojtek "zlotawy" <spawnek@NNOOSSPPAAMM.wp.pl> wrote in message news:1152776824.174243@pdp... > WARNING:PhysDesignRules:372 - Gated clock. Clock net nx64089z1 is sourced > by a > combinatorial pin. This is not good design practice. Use the CE pin to > control the loading of data into the flip-flop. > &g...

finding/closing ports in use
I'm learning how to program sockets on unix, and I'm finding that I seem to occasionally leave a port open. I would like to know if there are any simple shell commands for finding out which ports are currently open, and for closing them. Thanks. --Russ On 2008-10-05, Russ P. <Russ.Paielli@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm learning how to program sockets on unix, and I'm finding that I > seem to occasionally leave a port open. I would like to know if there > are any simple shell commands for finding out which ports are > currently open, and for closing them. Thanks. &g...

FAQ 7.5 How do I temporarily block warnings? #4 337884
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 7.5: How do I temporarily block warnings? If you are running Perl 5.6.0 or better, the "use warnings" pragma allows fine control of what warning are produced. See perllexwarn for more details. { no warnings; # temporarily turn of...

How to find which SQL is causing the Lock
Hi, Is there any way to find the SQL that is causing the Locks. I am using SYSPROC.SNAPSHOT_LOCK to find out the locks on the table, but i am unable to find out which SQL statement was responsible for the lock. Thanks a lot Rahul On Nov 24, 1:25 am, Rahul Babbar <rahul.babb...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any way to find the SQL that is causing the Locks. > > I am using SYSPROC.SNAPSHOT_LOCK to find out the locks on the table, > but i am unable to find out which SQL statement was responsible for > the lock. > > Thanks a lot >...