WARNING:iMPACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup !

Hi !

I'm a newbie in FPGA ( and i'm french,that's why my english is not goo
).
I have the Digilent Spartan 3 Starter kit and Xilinx ISE Webpack 8.1i
with Impact )
I have a problem : I can't download files on the chip because Impac
doesn't recognize my cable. I am using the "Digilent JTAG3 low cos
parallel to JTAG cable" which is included with the starter kit. When
launch a Cable autodetect on Impact, I have this message :

GUI --- Auto connect to cable...
// *** BATCH CMD : setCable -port auto
AutoDetecting cable. Please wait.
PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT2).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT3).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT4).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver xusbdfwu.sys version: 1018 (1018).
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.
PROGRESS_END - End Operation.
Elapsed time =      3 sec.
Cable autodetection failed.

Can any one help me please ?

Thanks

0
Scope
5/16/2006 1:13:16 PM
comp.arch.fpga 18515 articles. 20 followers. Post Follow

On Tue, 16 May 2006 08:13:16 -0500, "Scope" <romaingoron@hotmail.fr>
wrote:

>I have a problem : I can't download files on the chip because Impact
>doesn't recognize my cable. I am using the "Digilent JTAG3 low cost
>parallel to JTAG cable" which is included with the starter kit. When I
>launch a Cable autodetect on Impact, I have this message :

>Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1).
>Checking cable driver.
> Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.

You say it's a parallel cable ... which parallel port is it on?

Do you have any dongles (modules for software licence etc) on that
parallel port?

I am using Xilinx Parallel Cable 4, and it is not recognised by Impact
if I also have the dongle for HDL Designer installed on the same port.
So I have to unplug the dongle (and lose HDL Designer) when using the
Xilinx PC4.

Also, does this parallel cable have another power connection (e.g. to a
mouse port) like the Xilinx PC4? That power connection is necessary.

- Brian
0
Brian
5/16/2006 3:26:05 PM
Thanks Brian for your reply

I solve my problem...

My Parallel Port was not activated in BIOS ...  (sick)
So I activate it.
Now, it works fine !!!

Regards

0
Scope

cable Internet cable
I got a wireless router, so I'm trying to replace my cable Internet cable with a shorter one (about 6 feet). Anyone know if this will work? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=4117994&st=Coaxial+Cable&type=product&id=1051384699030 bob@coolgroups.com wrote: > I got a wireless router, so I'm trying to replace my cable Internet > cable with a shorter one (about 6 feet). > > Anyone know if this will work? > > http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=4117994&st=Coaxial+Cable&type=product&id=1051384699030 That&#...

cables(cross-over cable or not)....
We have two(2) Cisco3620 routers. One is our gateway router with a FastEthernet card facing inward. The other has 2 FastEthernet cards in it, one facing our internal network, and one facing the gateway router. This router is being used to traffic shape. How should the 2 FastEthernet cards be connected? ie. by a crossover cable, or both pluged into a 100-Mb switch? Note, someone told me that a cross over cable reduces the speed to 10-Mb single duplex, is this true? Captain wrote: > How should the 2 FastEthernet cards be > connected? > > ie. by a crossover cable, or >...

Xilinx -- iMPACT -- Parallel Port [JTAG Cable] Cable connect
Hi , i am using Xilinx iMPACT (6.1.03i) to detect the JTAG-Paralle Port Cable on my DELL PC (Windows XP). But everytime it says "Cable connection failed".I have attached th error report below. If someone had a smilar problem PLZ help me in this issue, Regards =============================================== Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1) Checking cable driver Installing WinDriver.. File C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\windrvr.sys no found File C:/Xilinx/bin/nt/windrvr.sys not found Failed Service using windrvr.sys SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinDriver ImagePath = \...

Check a cable
Hallo Matlab friends, I would like to know, how I can simulate to check a cable with simulink. The idea is to send a current impulse through the cable and check, if the impulse is coming out. How can I realise this with simulink? Thank you in advance. Andrea ...

Straight Cable and Cross Cable
Hello! I need information about Cabling. How to know which cable I need to use is it straight or cross cable[RJ45]? For example, I have a SONET system having LAN port to connect to some Router for outside world access. This scenior which Cable I need to use? and Please let me know When to use Straight Cable and When to use Cross Cable [RJ45]. Thanks, Hello again Rokr.... This time you wrote: > I need information about Cabling. > > How to know which cable I need to use is it straight or cross > cable[RJ45]? That depends on which interface you use the cable. > For exam...

Serial Cables
I need to make up some 30m serial cables. Can anyone advise which type of cable I need to buy, please? I only need 5 cores. Kind regards, -- RH <russell.hunter@sashait.co.uk> wrote in message news:1140996667.473750.206920@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I need to make up some 30m serial cables. > > Can anyone advise which type of cable I need to buy, please? > > I only need 5 cores. > > Kind regards, > -- > RH > If it's Async RS232 use cat5 and configurable RJ45 to DB9 or DB25 adapters and the EIA/TIA 561 standard http://www.zytrax.com/tech/laye...

Supply Cat5e Patch Cords,Cat5e Patch Cables,Network Patch Cables,Network Patch Cords,Unshielded Patch Cables,Cat6 Patch Cables,Cat6 Patch Cords
Supply Cat5e Patch Cords,Cat5e Patch Cables,Network Patch Cables,Network Patch Cords,Unshielded Patch Cables,Cat6 Patch Cables,Cat6 Patch Cords Supply Cat5e Patch Cords, Cat5e Patch Cables Network Patch Cables Network Patch Cords Unshielded Patch Cables Cat6 Patch Cables Cat6 Patch Cords UTP Patch Cords UTP Patch Cables STP Patch Cords STP Patch Cables FTP Patch Cords FTP Patch Cables Shielded Patch Cords Shielded Patch Cables Cat5 Patch Cords Cat5 Patch Cables China Patch Cords China PAtch Cables Please See More Details at the Link: http://www.cheerwe-telecom.com http://indonetwork.net/cheer...

[rfc-dist] RFC 4639 on Cable Device Management Information Base for Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) Compliant Cable Modems and Cable Modem Termination Systems
A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries. RFC 4639 Title: Cable Device Management Information Base for Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) Compliant Cable Modems and Cable Modem Termination Systems Author: R. Woundy, K. Marez Status: Standards Track Date: December 2006 Mailbox: richard_woundy@cable.comcast.com, kevin.marez@motorola.com Pages: 88 ...

Supply Cat5e Patch Cords,Cat5e Patch Cables,Network Patch Cables,Network Patch Cords,Unshielded Patch Cables,Cat6 Patch Cables,Cat6 Patch Cords
Supply Cat5e Patch Cords,Cat5e Patch Cables,Network Patch Cables,Network Patch Cords,Unshielded Patch Cables,Cat6 Patch Cables,Cat6 Patch Cords Made in China Supply Cat5e Patch Cords, Cat5e Patch Cables Network Patch Cables Network Patch Cords Unshielded Patch Cables Cat6 Patch Cables Cat6 Patch Cords UTP Patch Cords UTP Patch Cables STP Patch Cords STP Patch Cables FTP Patch Cords FTP Patch Cables Shielded Patch Cords Shielded Patch Cables Cat5 Patch Cords Cat5 Patch Cables China Patch Cords China PAtch Cables Patch Cable Manufacturers Patch Cords Manufacturers China ...

China HDMI Cable Manufacturer,HDMI Male to HDMI Male Cables,DVI to HDMI Cable
We are a proffesional manufacturer in China mainly produce HDM Cables,HDMI Cable Manufacturer,China HDMI Cable Manufacturer,HDMI Mal to HDMI Male Cables,DVI to HDMI Cable,HDMI M to DVI M Digital Vide Cable for Plasma DVD,HDMI Male To HDMI Male Cable, See More Details at the link: ' [URL=http://pondon.en.ecplaza.net]http://pondon.en.ecplaza.net (http://indonetwork.net/chinarj45/group+23034http://indonetwork.net/chinarj45/group+23034[/URL) http://ebaby88888.googlepages.com/china_hdmi_cable_manufacturer [image: http://indonetwork.net/member/397316_1.jpg] [image: http://indonetwork.net/memb...

BX Electrical Cable with Data Cable
We're about to lease space for 3 years. The owner has told us the network is pretty new. Everything is Cat6, etc in a drop ceiling. However, inside the drop ceiling is the cable all mixed with BX Electrical Cable. The cable is not shielded. A part of the decision process is due to a good network for the space we plan to lease. Is is totally Bad for BX to be run parallel, near, etc data cable or will it still meet specs ? We're a small trading firm and need a robust network. If it is truly Cat6 it meets spec. A big part of the spec is to have the cables tested, certified and docume...

Turning a crossover cable into a straight through cable
I have a 100ft crossover cable that I want to tun into a straight through cable. Could I just buy another 3ft crossover cable, and a connection adaptor to hook them together to turn it into a straight through? I once did this using a 50ft straight through cable, and a 3ft crossover cable to turn it into a crossover. Larry Roberts wrote: > I have a 100ft crossover cable that I want to tun into a > straight through cable. Could I just buy another 3ft crossover cable, > and a connection adaptor to hook them together to turn it into a > straight through? I once did this us...

OTDR: Launch Cable; Receive Cable
I'm familiar with the use of a launch cable with an OTDR, but, in reviewing the JDSU Fiber Test Reference Guide, http://lw.pennnet.com/whitepapers/wp.cfm?id=665, discusses the use of a receive cable as well. How important is a receive cable? On Apr 10, 2:46=A0pm, Rich <rjhi...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm familiar with the use of a launch cable with an OTDR, but, in > reviewing the JDSU Fiber Test Reference Guide,http://lw.pennnet.com/whitep= apers/wp.cfm?id=3D665, > discusses the use of a receive cable as well. > > How important is a receive cable? Almost as importa...

NIDAQ 6868 cable same as SCSI2 cable?
A look at the NI 6868 cable and the SCSI2 68-pin cable appears similar. In fact they look quite the same, does anyone know whether they are or not? I am wondering if I should get a NIDAQ with the 68 pins or the NIDAQ card with 100 pins. But considering the 100pin cable is so expensive i might go with the 68pin card. By the way, anyone know where one can buy a 100pin cable inexpensively? Stephen, Here is a link to a Knowledge Base, which contains detailed information about our SH68-68-EP cables: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/36220E8F02BF21288625686900766E27?OpenDocument In ge...

Crossover cable vs LAN cable
I've got two pc's and a friend who's helping me out with providing me with the necessary equipment to setting up a network between the two, but he gave me some homework of sorts. Could someone please help me out and do the crossover cable vs LAN cable? Thank you so very very much Kali On 30 Dec 2003 20:42:42 -0800, Lonax wrote: > I've got two pc's and a friend who's helping me out with providing me > with the necessary equipment to setting up a network between the two, > but he gave me some homework of sorts. > > Could someone please h...

Sound cable versus data cable
When one installs two cd roms in a system is it auto configured for souns via the data cable ofr does one need to have a Y cable that connects the two outputs from the cdrom drives? I need to k ow how to do this/ How does one check to see if the sound channel is operative for both drives other than trying to play them? On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:47:06 GMT, J. P. Willis <jopwill@ix.netcom.com> wrote: > > >When one installs two cd roms in a system is it auto configured for >souns via the data cable ofr does one need to have a Y cable that >connects the two ...

VAXstation 3100 & 4000/VLC + BA350's and some RZ drives + SCSI cables + Serial Cables + Standard Power Cables
If anyone in the Phoenix area (I'm not willing to pack and ship) has an interest in one or more of: VAXstation 3100 VAXstation 4000/VLC Multiple BA350's with some RZ drives Box of SCSI cables Box of Serial cables Box of Standard Power Cables No fishing for one-off, if you want one cable, you get the box -- same with drives, etc. please let me know and be prepared to pick them up before Friday September 5th otherwise I'll be pitching them... Barry ...

Digilent USB support from Xilinx Impact (Programmer cable SDK for Impact)
I've created a patch for Impact so it supoorts Digilent USB. This patch could be modified to become some kind of SDK for different programmer cable which are not supported by Impact. So here is my survey. What kind of programmer cables would you like to use with Impact? Regards, Zoltan zcsizmadia@gmail.com <zcsizmadia@gmail.com> wrote: > I've created a patch for Impact so it supoorts Digilent USB. This patch > could be modified to become some kind of SDK for different programmer > cable which are not supported by Impact. > So here is my survey. What kind of prog...

Cables
Hi, Is it possible to connect USB to parallel port please? Dave. In article <3c3847bb4e.daveandsylvia@daveandsylvia.plus.com>, dave <dave@daveandsylvia.plus.com> wrote: > Is it possible to connect USB to parallel port please? You can connect a computer with a USB port to a printer with a parallel port using a USB to parallel converter cable. Ian -- Ian Hamilton (RISC PC RO4) http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ (Iyonix RO5) Programs compatible with RISC OS 3/4/5 In article <4ebb4802fbIan.Hamilton@AAUG.Net>, Ia...

cable
Hi everybody,can anybody tell me if there is a connector to join two usb print cables together.I have 5meter cable but it is a couple of feet short off what I require and I cannot find a longer cable, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. brid wrote: > Hi everybody,can anybody tell me if there is a connector to join two usb > print cables together.I have 5meter cable but it is a couple of feet short > off what I require and I cannot find a longer cable, any help would be > greatly appreciated. Thanks. Don't just buy a longer cable, you need a rep...

Converting a FastCat5e network cable into a crossover cable
I tried posting this question in some other newsgroups but haven't gotten a response, so maybe someone here can help me. I ran a 10Base2 home network (2 computers) for several years but recently bought new network adapters and decided to switch over to 10BaseT at that time. A friend told me I could wire the PC's together directly thereby avoiding the need for a hub. However, he neglected to tell me I would need to use crossover cable, so I bought FastCat5e networking cable. I couldn't understand why my network wasn't working until I read this (or another) newsgrou...

Cable...
Lo everyone, Does anyone know of someone that makes a 24AWG or smaller shielded CAT6 cable? I can only find a 23AWG Shielded Cable (Made by RIT), but believe it or not, their own cable does not fit into their CAT6 RJ45 plugs.. *thwappes forehead*. If anyone knows of someone making a smaller CAT6 cable, PLEASE let me know ASAP. I'm desperate. -- me http://www.l-com.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=5037&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=102&iSubCat=68&iSubSubCat=0&iProductID=5037 "Chris Knipe" <savage@savage.za.org> wrote in message news:fq8rt-qn5....

Serial cross over cable and null modem cable
Is a null modem cable different from a serial crossover cable? I am into a project that calls for a serial crossover cable, and I'd like to now what types of crossover cables they are? The connection is wired like this. The 1,6,8 are linked together and connected with 4 on the other side and vice versa. 7 on both sides is unused. 2 - 3 3 - 2 5 - 5 1 6 - 4 8 1 4 - 6 8 Does this type of linkage have some sort of classification? <mydejamail@yahoo.co.uk> wrote > Is a null modem cable different from a serial crossover cable? > >...

Cable ?
Mediacom was here today to try to hook up cable internet. Well apparently there communication was less then complete. They were supposed to install a nic for me, but that wasn't on the order form. The technician didn't want to proceed until the nic was installed. The technician wasn't averse to setting up linux, but was unsure as to where the proxy settings will be entered. I am assuming this will be somewhere in the network settings for thew nic? 2nd ?, what is a current good nic for me to buy? Terry A. Haimann wrote: > Mediacom was here today to try to hook up cable in...

cables
I want to build two cables. One UTP and one cross-over, for direct and via hub connection for LAN. But I don't know their differences. Thanks in advance On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 04:23:45 +0200, "koureli" <sdf@dfgdf.com> wrote: >I want to build two cables. One UTP and one cross-over, for direct and via >hub connection for LAN. >But I don't know their differences. >Thanks in advance > All the info is here http://www.duxcw.com/digest/Howto/network/cable/cable5.htm Taff................ www.sounds-pa.com | www.thecomputerworkshop....