WARNING:iMPACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup !

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi !

I'm a newbie in FPGA ( and i'm french,that's why my english is not goo
).
I have the Digilent Spartan 3 Starter kit and Xilinx ISE Webpack 8.1i
with Impact )
I have a problem : I can't download files on the chip because Impac
doesn't recognize my cable. I am using the "Digilent JTAG3 low cos
parallel to JTAG cable" which is included with the starter kit. When
launch a Cable autodetect on Impact, I have this message :

GUI --- Auto connect to cable...
// *** BATCH CMD : setCable -port auto
AutoDetecting cable. Please wait.
PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT2).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT3).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT4).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver xusbdfwu.sys version: 1018 (1018).
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.
PROGRESS_END - End Operation.
Elapsed time =      3 sec.
Cable autodetection failed.

Can any one help me please ?

Thanks

0
Reply Scope 5/16/2006 1:13:16 PM

See related articles to this posting

On Tue, 16 May 2006 08:13:16 -0500, "Scope" <romaingoron@hotmail.fr>
wrote:

>I have a problem : I can't download files on the chip because Impact
>doesn't recognize my cable. I am using the "Digilent JTAG3 low cost
>parallel to JTAG cable" which is included with the starter kit. When I
>launch a Cable autodetect on Impact, I have this message :

>Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1).
>Checking cable driver.
> Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.

You say it's a parallel cable ... which parallel port is it on?

Do you have any dongles (modules for software licence etc) on that
parallel port?

I am using Xilinx Parallel Cable 4, and it is not recognised by Impact
if I also have the dongle for HDL Designer installed on the same port.
So I have to unplug the dongle (and lose HDL Designer) when using the
Xilinx PC4.

Also, does this parallel cable have another power connection (e.g. to a
mouse port) like the Xilinx PC4? That power connection is necessary.

- Brian
0
Reply Brian 5/16/2006 3:26:05 PM

Thanks Brian for your reply

I solve my problem...

My Parallel Port was not activated in BIOS ...  (sick)
So I activate it.
Now, it works fine !!!

Regards

0
Reply Scope 5/17/2006 9:18:48 AM
comp.arch.fpga 18423 articles. 20 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Xilinx -- iMPACT -- Parallel Port [JTAG Cable] Cable connect
Hi , i am using Xilinx iMPACT (6.1.03i) to detect the JTAG-Paralle Port Cable on my DELL PC (Windows XP). But everytime it says "Cable connection failed".I have attached th error report below. If someone had a smilar problem PLZ help me in this issue, Regards =============================================== Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1) Checking cable driver Installing WinDriver.. File C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\windrvr.sys no found File C:/Xilinx/bin/nt/windrvr.sys not found Failed Service using windrvr.sys SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinDriver ImagePath = \...

Check a cable
Hallo Matlab friends, I would like to know, how I can simulate to check a cable with simulink. The idea is to send a current impulse through the cable and check, if the impulse is coming out. How can I realise this with simulink? Thank you in advance. Andrea ...

Digilent USB support from Xilinx Impact (Programmer cable SDK for Impact)
I've created a patch for Impact so it supoorts Digilent USB. This patch could be modified to become some kind of SDK for different programmer cable which are not supported by Impact. So here is my survey. What kind of programmer cables would you like to use with Impact? Regards, Zoltan zcsizmadia@gmail.com <zcsizmadia@gmail.com> wrote: > I've created a patch for Impact so it supoorts Digilent USB. This patch > could be modified to become some kind of SDK for different programmer > cable which are not supported by Impact. > So here is my survey. What kind of prog...

Serial Cables and setup ?
Hi, I need another serial cable for my lab (Its growing all the time !). I have 3 routers now, 2503 and 2 1600 series. I only have 1 serial cable at the moment, its DCE - DTE. Im only just starting my CCNA so I dont know all that much. I realise that the DCE router is the one which you set the clock speed on. <1605-DCE>------<2503 Ser0 DTE><2503 Ser1 ?>-------<1601 ?> Above is my plan, What cable do I need to go from Router 2503 ser0 to Router 1601 ser0. Also do you have to set the clock speed on all serial ports or only the one that has DCE . Cheers ...

Cable Finds Its Voice
David M. Ewalt, 01.06.05, Forbes.com NEW YORK - The most eagerly watched thing in the cable industry these days isn't a fledgling network or a cutting-edge drama -- it's plain old-fashioned conversation. Voice communications currently represent only a tiny part of the massive amounts of data carried over the cable networks. But voice-over-Internet Protocol services are starting to catch on as consumers get used to the idea of making phone calls over the Internet. Cable operators are increasingly eyeing voice as a driver of future growth and planning ways to expand their p...

where to find examples of cabled rooms
Hello, I'd like to know if there is some documentation on the net which explains (using examples) how to clabling either buildings or rooms. If you can point me to such a information I would be delighted. I'm searching on google but I haven't found anything useful yet... Thanks! Juan Fco Rodriguez Hervella <jrh@it.uc3m.es> wrote in message news:<bnj1c1$s68$1@hyrkania.uc3m.es>... > Hello, > > I'd like to know if there is > some documentation on the net which > explains (using examples) how to > clabling either buildings or rooms. > >...

Looking for telephone cable, but not finding it...
I noticed this in the FAQ: > ------------------------------ > > Subject: 6.0 Cable Conductors > > Cable conductor gauge is specified as AWG (American Wire Gauge). > A higher number is a smaller diameter. Telephone cable used indoors > is typically 24 or 26 AWG, whereas household electrical wiring is > typically 12 or 14 AWG. > > ------------------------------ and have been trying to locate some telephone cable for termination on equipment side by wirewrap, and the other by RJ-11/12 modular plug. The wire need not be rated better than PO...

Xilinx Impact cable not found
Hi all I have trouble with a device from Xilinx, the Coolrunner II CPLD Starter Kit. The FPGA is XC2C256-7TQG144C. It was delivered with a resource CD (containing the required drivers) and the ISE10.1 design suite Take a look at http://www.xilinx.com/products/devkits/SK-CRII-L-G.htm for a complete description The device connects to the PC with a simple USB-cable, nothing else is required I followed instructions for installation as provided in the manual. USB-Drivers have been correctly installed. What happens: From iSE or even from Impact as stand alone application I try to communicate w...

cisco cable modem setup
Here is what I am thinking about doing My ISP provides me with 3 public IP addresses I want to get a Cisco cable modem (UBR) and a Cisco switch to connect to my ISP It should be able to get all 3 IPs from the ISP and route each to a Cisco switch right? I am thinking about doing ISL trunking for each private NAT network from the cable modem to the switch and have 3 sets of ports on the switch have there own subnet with there own gateway to the WAN with there own public IP Can the IOS on the cable modem get more that 1 IP address and NAT those to the switch with ISL or 802.3q layer 2 signalin...

Linux advice: check cable
It turned out to be good advice. I use a KVM (keyboard, video, monitor) switch to move between 2-3 systems, and I just now moved it to my Linux system (Fedora Core 4 for now). No Internet connection. huh? So I use the System Settings | Network app, click Activate and it tells me. Determining IP information for eth0... failed; no link present Check cable? I look down, and there it is - my router power cable had been pulled loose by the Ethernet cable when I moved the KVM. On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:12:37 -0500, DFS wrote: > It turned out to be good advice. > > I use a KVM (key...

Best cable modem setup?
Adelphia (now TimeWarner) is coming out tomorrow to install RoadRunner. I have several PCs connected on an ethernet via a hub. The PC I want to be the host for the cable internet connection only has a low-speed USB port. Would it be best to install the cable modem on the PC's USB port or on the ethernet hub? -- Dennis K. On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:40:47 -0500, Dennis K. <nobody@iglou.invalid> wrote: >Adelphia (now TimeWarner) is coming out tomorrow to install RoadRunner. > >I have several PCs connected on an ethernet via a hub. The PC I want to >be th...

Re: Cable Finds Its Voice
We've had cable telephone companies in the UK for nearly 15 years now. They introduced cable phone services with cable TV and the amount of companies operating were prediminantly regional (i.e. Cable London, Birmingham Cable, Yorkshire Cable etc...) and initially provided a proper and decent alternative to BT, both in prices and in service; but over the years takeovers and bankruptcies have whittled the number down to just 2 -- ntl: and Telewest (known respectively as nt hell and Teleworst!). It's only the larger towns and cities here which have cable TV and phone, as the comp...

Cable Modem and Lan
Hi. I'm planning to setup a lan composed of 3 windows 2000 machines, 1 windows 2000 server, and an xp laptop. I have one cable modem. What do I need to network the computers together to share files and the internet connection? Im talking about router and hub setup. Thanks for any help. Please send any responses to rpalka(nospam)105@aol.com, if possible. Thanks ...

Help needed to find the right cable
Hi I've bought a second hand film scanner (scsi, that is), just to discover scsi is a world in itself. :-). This scanner has a 50-pin centronics connector and i've spotted at ebay a pci scsi card Adaptec AHA-2490u: http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/techspecs.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&cat=%2FProduct%2FAHA-2940&prodkey=AHA-2940 It has a 50 pin "high density" external connector. Well, now i need a cable and i'm quite confused...the link below provides a picture of cable. Is that a 50 pin centronics to 50 pin "high density" cable? I...

where to find mini-pci wifi cable?
I've a lucent wavelan mini-pci card I'd like to use in a machine that doesn't currently have an antenna in it. I'd like to add one. Where can I find a reasonably priced replacement part or kit to add this? I've seen hacks for putting an IBM laptop kit and would be willing to give it a shot. I'd rather have the option to use an external antenna of some sort unless an internal kit would work just as well. The card, when installed, does pick up a wifi signal but only when damn near right on top of the access point. This is true whether or not the case is installed so...

Where to find a Buggie PSU/cable now?
Are they still available? ISTR a posting about them recently, but I've lost it and can't find it on Google - but I really think that my IIgs is somewhat overloaded, and even if the PSU can provide enough current, with the lid on it is clearly not getting enough air around the system. I can source a PC/AT PSU no problem; I have one here modified for powering an A1200 for example - I just need the cable and details on how to make it not blow up my IIgs! Richard -- Apples of various varieties - currently eMac/G5/PowerBook and ancients. Carstuff - Supra and New Beetle, and happy with jus...

good place to find servo cable?
Hi all - What's everyone's favorite site for getting 3-conductor (red-blk-yel), stranded, 22 or 24 gauge servo cable? I've tried DigiKey (unsuccessfully), Jameco (somewhat successfully, although their order system was screwed-up and the part was not in stock), and Google searches. I did manage to find a place selling it for $0.50/foot (which seems a little high) for 22 gauge. It was at http://store.yahoo.com/e-clec-tech Has anyone had a good interaction with a vendor for servo cable? Thanks Dave Dave wrote: > Hi all - > > What's e...

Warning: Do NOT rent a cable modem from Comcast
I turned in my modem a couple of months ago at the local Comcast office after I'd bought a Linksys modem to replace the SB5100 that I had been renting. Shortly after I turned in the SB5100, Comcast tried to bill me *in advance* for a modem rental fee. I called Comcast, and they said that their records hadn't been updated yet. So I paid the bill minus the modem rental fee. Then the next month, Comcast tried to bill me *in advance* for another modem rental fee. I called Comcast and was told that I'd have to take my receipt (for the modem I turned in) to my local Comcas...

cisco 1721 to cable modem setup
does anyone know how to setup a cisco router to cable modem and switch .. i have 2 ports ethernet0 and fastethernet0 i set up the ethernet0 to dhcp , and fastethernet0 to lan i can ping google.com with my router but i cant seem to be able to get internet access on my client pc . You will need NAT configured on the router you will need rollover cable to connect to router's console port to your PC's serial port. Then you will need to use terminal emulation program like Hyper Terminal in Windows. Use the settings 9600,8,N,1 Try this: (im showing the prompts just for cl...

iMPACT 5.1i w/Parallel Cable
Hello everyone. I have been having some trouble with iMPACT 5.1i and I was hoping that someone would recognize the problem and be kind enough to help me. I am using a 3rd party Parallel Cable III from Digilent, and I cannot get the iMPACT software to use the Parallel port. When I invoke "Cable Setup..." I get the messages: Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1). Checking cable driver. Driver Version = 212. LPT port is already in use. Cable connection failed. // *** BATCH CMD : setCable -port LPT0 // *** BATCH CMD : setMode -bs => The parallel port is set up for Bidirectio...

X parallel nib cable setup received
A few months ago I posted about how difficult it was to get a XAP parallel cable. Basically you either make your own or go without. Yesterday I not only received the XAP cable soldered to the 6522 chip - it also came complete with a clean 1541 drive mb and disk controller ready to be attached to a PC power supply and easily installable inside a free drive slot in my PC. No more worrying about leaving the disk drive on too long and overheating. Ultra fast parallel mnib transfers. This is the type of thing REQUIRED for any serious C= enthusiast who wants to contribute to the disk archiving pro...

Toshiba Protege 7020 : How do I check the lcd cable
I'm trying to figure how to check the lcd cable on a toshiba portege 7020. Does anyone know how to do this?? Thanks ...

IMPACT-Xilinx Platform Cable USB II
I have a custom board that uses usb and has 2 fpgas (spartan3 200 - spartan 3 4000) I am using Xilinx platform cable USB II to program the fpga I am using windows xp pro I am using Xilinx 9.1.03i When I press initialize chain button in impact tool some popup question says=> "There are many unknown devices being detected. Press yes to continue or Press NO to stop" If I say yes. It finds too many devices (above 100) If I say no it gives an error => ERROR: IMPACT:585 A problem may exist in the hardware configuration. Check that the cable, scan chain, ... Sometimes impact tool sh...

Where to find short (1 foot or so) USB cables?
I'm looking for short USB cables - like 12" to 15" or so. I need type A male to female, and type A - B. Thanks for any help. ...

How to check a "cable modem" settings?
This has probably been asked before but I find nothing about it. I have a Zoom 5011 cable modem. I want to read the settings on it from time to time because I do not trust Charter to honor their part of the contract and allow me to use the rate I pay them for. I've been cheated by Charter before, where I was charged for digital after I had returned their box and where channels I was paying for were trapped out for weeks because they refused to believe that their idiot contractor would do such a thing, and when they cut off my service for a week because some other customer...