XILINX slice structure detaild description

Hi
I would like to know if any of you knows a good paper (app note etc.)
that describes the xilinx slice sturcture in details, I know the
general cell architecture (e.g. - two LUTs, Two regs and carry logic)
but I wanted to get a lot more fimiliar with the architecture and
functionally of each logic element in the cell, for example how exactly
does the carry logic is structured etc.

The reason for this qeustion is that I want to implement arithmetic
block using as less logic and routing as possible
I wonder if there is an application note that explains how to code and
route your arithmetic functions in a way that is best suitable for the
xilinx chip (spartan 2E).

So if any of any of you is fimiliar with such a paper I will be
grateful for a link.

Regards
MC

0
MC
12/15/2004 10:22:02 AM
comp.arch.fpga 18522 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

MC wrote:

>Hi
>I would like to know if any of you knows a good paper (app note etc.)
>that describes the xilinx slice sturcture in details, I know the
>general cell architecture (e.g. - two LUTs, Two regs and carry logic)
>but I wanted to get a lot more fimiliar with the architecture and
>functionally of each logic element in the cell, for example how exactly
>does the carry logic is structured etc.
>
>The reason for this qeustion is that I want to implement arithmetic
>block using as less logic and routing as possible
>I wonder if there is an application note that explains how to code and
>route your arithmetic functions in a way that is best suitable for the
>xilinx chip (spartan 2E).
>
>So if any of any of you is fimiliar with such a paper I will be
>grateful for a link.
>
>Regards
>MC

No need to study a paper on this.  Open the FPGA editor tool.  All the
information you need is there.

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930     Fax 401/884-7950

                                          -Benjamin Franklin, 1759

0
Ray

Some feedback on the Xilinx web site
I just spent two hours looking for a package drawing. Still haven't found the one I'm looking for. I did find UG112. On page 117 it has a link for the package drawings. That link is dead. It does have a valid link to the Virtex4 package drawings. Not the ones I was looking for. I found 'mentor_pcb.pdf'. It says "Go to www.xilinx.com and click Documentation to find the user guide for your device." The user guides do NOT have package drawings. I found "AR #11956 - Packaging - Where can I find Xilinx packaging information and package drawings?" - the ...

Bookmarks Database Structure
Hi, I am reading 'PHP and MySQL Web Development' (3rd Edition) and have been looking at the Web Bookmarks example in chapter 26. Basically this example is a site that people log into, and submit urls to be saved as their list of personal bookmarks (a bit like browser bookmarks, but accessable from anywhere). Anyhow, there is a table of users (username, password, email) and a table of bookmarks (username, url). I noticed that if you had a million users, and each had a hundred bookmarks, this would create a table with a hundred million entries. This sounds very clunky (...

Xilinx ISE WebPACK-7.1i on NetBSD #2
--nextPart1272258.hQQm2AeVHE Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8Bit Here are some tips and two small patches for running ISE WebPACK-7.1i on NetBSD using Linux emulation. Xilinx is now supporting their free ISE WebPACK-7.1i on Linux, however they are only supporting it on Redhat Enterprise. This information is for those who do not wish to shell out a huge amount of money and sign restrictive contracts with Redhat in order to use it. These instructions are for NetBSD-2.x but a lot of the information applies to Suse Linux as well since NetBSD currently u...

xilinx simulink
Hii all... I am working on matlab simulink-xilinx tool box.. I want to create a buffer of 32 bit words and reading the data from the buffer by 8 bit data bus using read and write and ack signals.how to generate..and anyone can u please help me regarding this... I am eagerly waiting for the reply.. Is anybody working with xilinx tool box. ...

Xilinx tool options
Is it possible to simply add the EDK (which includes the SDK) to ISE WebPack OR is it necessary to get the ISE Embedded suite please? Thanks, Rog. On Jan 31, 6:43=A0am, "Roger" <rogerwil...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to simply add the EDK (which includes the SDK) to ISE WebP= ack > OR is it necessary to get the ISE Embedded suite please? > > Thanks, > > Rog. If all of the devices that you need are in the WebPack then you can just add the EDK tools. Ed McGettigan -- Xilinx Inc. ...

website directory structure
Hello, I am learning HTML/JacaScript/CSS/PHP5/MySQL/XML from books and WWW. I am creatinga website using these technologies. I would like to ask experienced PHP programmer how to design structure of subfolders. Here's what I made: ..: Main directory containg index.php page, other web pages accessible by website users, .php scripts called by <form>s, file styles.css. ../images: PNG, GIF and JPEG images. ../include: JavaScript <link>ed files of utility functions, .inc.php includes, config.inc.php (website configuration file). ../secure: Web pages accessible through SSL, .htacces...

Which data structure should I use?
Hi, there, I have a list of elements. Each time when a new data comes in, I need to check if the new data exists in the list. If not exists, I need to insert the new data into the list. If I keep the list unsorted, when the length of the list becomes large, it takes a long time to check if an elements exists in the list or not. In this case, which data structure should I use? Can anyone give me some suggestion or a short piece of C code? Thanks! Julia "Julia Jin" <julia65201@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:6568f5ae.0307241931.8df2f22@posting.google.com... > Hi,...

Can i programme non-xilinx fpga through xilinx impact tool & by using xilinx parrellel four cable?
Can i programme non-xilinx fpga through xilinx impact tool & by using xilinx parrellel four cable? No. On Apr 26, 11:41 pm, mohan <kulka...@math.net> wrote: > Can i programme non-xilinx fpga through xilinx impact tool & by using > xilinx parrellel four cable? Using their cable? Sure, you just need software to drive it. You might have to operate it in a slower bit bang sort of mode. Using impact? maybe, but it won't be easy. If you can get the data and algorithm into a generic form that impact will execute, such as maybe an SVF, you might be able to do it that w...

Pointers in structures
Hi all, this is my first (utter C newbie) post, so I beg your patience. I have a little code snippet: typedef struct listtype { struct list *list_ptr; }list; list l1,l2; int main () { l1.list_ptr = &l2; } When I try to compile this under Mac OSX, I get a compiler warning that I'm assigning an incompatible pointer type. The strange and confusing thing is that, in the 2 C tutorials I have they have conflicting instructions on how to do this. The one says that i...

NEW ARM + XILINX MEGAGATE FPGA DEVELOPMENT PLATFORM #2
APS has released its new APS-ArmXF FPGA Rapid Development Platform The APS-ArmXF Rapid Development Platform is a highly programmable FPGA and ARM development system used for product development, product implementation, and algorithm testing, just to mention a few. The system includes one ARM-Block and up to 3 XF-Blocks along with software and ARM C, VHDL, and LINUX example code and templates. ARM-BLOCK DESCRIPTION Each ARM-Block contains A 166 MHz 32 bit ARM Processor, with 32 MB of High speed SDRAM, 8MB of on board flash, an IDE Compact Flash interface to allow up to ...

Help on Descriptive Stats Program in Qbasic?
I'm pretty much an amateur at this. But I'm looking to learn more. Can anyone suggest a good online tutorial or article that will help me put together a program to calculate descriptive statistics? I've Googled it, but haven't found what I'm looking for. What I've cobbled together so far is a simple program to calculate the arithmetic mean, as follows: CLS COLOR 7, 0 PRINT "=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=ARITHMETIC MEAN CALCULATOR=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=" PRINT sum = 0 count = 0 DO INPUT "Enter a number (Don't use commas.) or Q to quit:...

Altera vs Xilinx choices for high end designs
Hello, I am interested in opinions concerning advantages and disadvantages of the hardware (FPGAs) and developing software (Quartus vs ISE) for high-end (very demanding designs). I was under the impression that xilinx was ahead but I've done some reading lately and StratixII seems to have made a step ahead in comparison to Virtex4. The devices I am interested in are Stratix and StratixII from one side and VirtexII pro, Virtex4 one the other. There is not one specific parameter that I need to investigate. Procesing power, memory and I/O data rates are all significant. Of cource the role ...

Xilinx DCMs
Hi out there; I'm generating 49.152 MHz from 40MHz osc using 2 DCMs first does 24/25 & second does 32/25. This generally works, but sometimes doesn't! I've not used the DCMs' clkfb input as only one clock is used in the whole FPGA, the 49.152. The clkfb of both is tied to gnd. Should I feed the DCM 1 o/p back to its clkfb & similarly for DCM 2, or what exactly? Will this give better functionality? Any commentsd please TIA Niv. Niv, Have you made sure the first DCM holds the second DCM in reset until the first DCM asserts LOCKED? Syms. "Niv" <niv.nos...

Book about data structures in C
Hi, I want to learn about data structures in C. I know nothing about the subject. I just have read k&r and I feel confortable coding in C. :) Could you recommend me some book? Thanks! kroty wrote: > Hi, I want to learn about data structures in C. > I know nothing about the subject. I just have read > k&r and I feel confortable coding in C. :) > Could you recommend me some book? Thanks! C Interfaces and Implementations http://www.cs.princeton.edu/software/cii/ -Charlie ...

dicom tags and their descriptions
Is there a site available that would tell me all of the DICOM tags and what their description is. For instance, what exactly does Imager Pixel Spacing describe? I am having trouble with CR and DR equipment and finding out what micron size they are. I am unsure if the Imager Pixel spacing refers to the CR digitizer or the Phosphor Plate. DOes the DICOM header give you both? If so, what tags represent which? Then of course is PIxel spacing and how that plays a part in this. Any help would be great. Thanks. Sandi On Mar 26, 4:55=A0pm, DICOM deficit <xraymom.san...@gmail.c...

MODELSIM_SE_PLUS_V5.7F, ModelSim_SE_Plus_v5.7G, MODELSIM_XILINX_EDITION_II_V5.7C, XiliNX.Embedded.Development.Kit, XILINX.ISE.V5.1i, XILINX.ISE.V5.2I, XILINX_CHIPSCOPE_PRO_V6.2i, XILINX_ISE_V
MODELSIM_SE_PLUS_V5.7F, ModelSim_SE_Plus_v5.7G, MODELSIM_XILINX_EDITION_II_V5.7C, XiliNX.Embedded.Development.Kit, XILINX.ISE.V5.1i, XILINX.ISE.V5.2I, XILINX_CHIPSCOPE_PRO_V6.2i, XILINX_ISE_V42I, XILINX_SYSTEM_GENERATOR_V3.1, XILINXFOUNDATIONSERIESISE33I, XILINXISEV51I, FORGE V3.1.2 (C) XILINX - (WIN/LINUX) Modelsim 2003 ModelSim_SE_Plus_v5.7F ModelSim_SE_Plus_v5.7G MODELSIM_XILINX_EDITION_II_V5.7C Xilinx Forge 2003 FORGE V3.1.2 (C) XILINX - WIN FORGE V3.1.2 (C) XILINX - LINUX Xilinx ALL XiLiNX FOUNDATION V2.1i UTILITIES 2498 Xilinx.Foundation.Series.IS...

Data Structures book recommendation for newbie?
Hi, my college course starts next week and the book we are going to use seems too difficult for me to understand. It is named "Fundamentals of Data Structures in C++" by Ellis Horowitz, Sartaj Sahni, and Dinesh Mehta. Anyone know of a really good beginners "for dummies" data structures book (stack, queues, lists, trees) so that when I read the course book it'll make more sense to me? Thanks in advance. someone@somedomain.com.invalid wrote: > Hi, my college course starts next week and the book we are going to use seems too difficult for me to understand. > ...

Why 18X18 Multipliers in Altera and Xilinx?
Most of the commercial DSP processors today have 16X16 or 32X32 bit signed multilpiers. Why do Altera and Xilinx provide 18X18 multilpiers? Also, what is the use of a single parity bit with each byte? As far as i can understand it will only allow for error detection for a single bit flip (which is the simplest form of error detection). Are there any other uses of this parity bit? On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 04:57:43 -0700, debo wrote: > Most of the commercial DSP processors today have 16X16 or 32X32 bit > signed multilpiers. Why do Altera and Xilinx provide 18X18 > multilpiers? > > ...

Data Structure question...
I am considering coding 4K of adventure game data into locations 49152 through 53247 (on the Commodore 64). I would like to use the PEEK command to read in this data, and then reference them through a short look up table. Something like: 1 N,NOR,NORTH. "" 2 S,SOU,SOUTH. "" 3. E,EAS,EAST. "" 4. W,WES,WEST. "" 5. U,UP,UP. "" 6. D,DOW,DOWN. "" 7. LANT,TORC,LANTERN. "A lantern with rusted hinges. It is glowing." 8. OIL,FLAS,OIL. "A flask of oil. It glimmers with a pale hue." 9. BACK,BAG,BACKPACK. "A leather back...

Kitchenaid Kmtt400ss 4-slice Metal Toaster Brushed Stainless Steel
KitchenAid KMTT400SS 4-Slice Metal Toaster, Brushed Stainless Steel Price:$129.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000CSNVGU Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000CSNVGU ...

getting file sizes with dirents structures
Hi, I'm having a problem trying to get the filesizes of archives given by the list of dirents structures. what i mean is this: to find out the size of any archive i use ftell and it works just fine, well, when i use the list of dirents the size i get is not correct. why? In article <1129667432.432541.124130@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, nicolasdban@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, I'm having a problem trying to get the filesizes of archives given > by the list of dirents structures. > what i mean is this: to find out the size of any archive i use ftell > and it works ju...

Xilinx XC3S400 reproducibility madness
Hello all I am facing a strange problem: I am not able to generate a properly working= bitstream from an original set of files that worked perfectly well just a = few days ago. I mean, the FPGA gets programmed OK but the design doesn't wo= rk. If I use last week's bitstream it works, if I generate a new one from l= ast week's source files it doesn't. I use ISE 13.1. Any clue or hint ? Thanks Nicolas Le lundi 5 novembre 2012 11:53:53 UTC+1, nmat...@gmail.com a =E9crit=A0: > [...] If I use last week's bitstream it works, if I generate a new one fr= om >...

Combining statements
Greetings. Kindly consider this sample code which illustrates my question: #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Data::Dumper; my @keys = qw{first secnd third}; my @values = qw{aaaaa bbbbb ccccc}; my %hash; # line_A @hash{ @keys } = @values; # line_B my $hashref = \%hash; # line_C print Dumper $hashref; __END__ As you can see, I have successfully created a reference to a hash which was created as a hash slice from two regular arrays. But two things really bother me about my code. First of all, I prefer to declare and populate...

event structure with events caused by the program
Good morning everybody, &nbsp; I am looking for a simple way to handle events caused not by the user, but by the program itself.&nbsp;Is there a possibility to use the event structures with the types of events I just tried to describe or will I have to use case structures inside a while loop? &nbsp; I'd be glad&nbsp;to hear about&nbsp;other possible&nbsp;approaches, too. &nbsp; Franzi, as TiTou stated, you can have different types of events. From your description, i would think you are talking about programmatically generated events if you finished certain ...

Initializers for arrays of structures
Hi, gcc has started warning about the lack of inner braces in initializers like :- struct io_descriptor { int number; char* description; }; struct io_descriptor io[64] = { 100, "Start", 101 ,"Reject", .... Is this definitely illegal C code that I should fix, or is it just a warning I can turn off? Thanks, -- John Devereux John Devereux wrote: > Hi, > > gcc has started warning about the lack of inner braces in initializers > like :- > > > struct io_descriptor > { > int number; > char* description; > }; > ...