Any Reason to Prefer HP LTO3 Tape Drive With HP Omniback Software?

Are there reasons to prefer the HP branded LTO3 native fibre tape drive over
the IBM LTO3 native fibre tape drive when used with the HP Omniback tape
backup software on HP-UX?    I would expect that HP has some proprietary
differentiated features and that HP Omnback exploits those to advantage?

--
Will

0
Will
12/10/2005 7:15:49 AM
comp.arch.storage 2442 articles. 0 followers. howachen (521) is leader. Post Follow

"Will" <westes-usc@noemail.nospam> wrote in message
> Are there reasons to prefer the HP branded LTO3 native fibre tape drive
> over
> the IBM LTO3 native fibre tape drive when used with the HP Omniback tape
> backup software on HP-UX?    I would expect that HP has some proprietary
> differentiated features and that HP Omnback exploits those to advantage?
>
> --
> Will

According to the documentation, HP offers a WORM version for compliancy.
Omniback/Data Protector supports that feature.

Rob

0
Rob

HELP needed: Reassembling an HP-Tape-Drive for HP 9915B.
Hello I need some help to reassembly an HP tape drive. After complete disassembling and ultrasonic cleaning of a HP-Tape-Drive for an HP 9915B two parts remaining unassembled. Two parts, small thin chromium-plated metal stripes, are droped down out of the Device during dismantling. I could not find out where these have to be mounted again. Here a few pictures of the parts. http://www.nadhh.hanse.de/CMuseum/HP/HPTapeHilfe.htm PS: The text on this pahge means nearly the same in German as this more or less English text. Regrad j. ...

Need backup software for HP SureStor DAT 20 Tape Drive
I have been using Yosemite Tapeware 7 with my HP SureStor DAT 20 Tape Drive. I am not sure I want to upgrade to the Yosemite Tapeware 8.1 and am wondering if there are any other good alternative programs out there to do the job instead? I am running Windows XP Pro (no network) and require that the sofware would support the following options: 1) One Button Disaster Recovery (my drive supports it) 2) Ability to backup "files in use" I am open to all suggestions! P.S. My units information can be found here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?l...

Need backup software for HP SureStor DAT 20 Tape Drive
I have been using Yosemite Tapeware 7 with my HP SureStor DAT 20 Tape Drive. I am not sure I want to upgrade to the Yosemite Tapeware 8.1 and am wondering if there are any other good alternative programs out there to do the job instead? I am running Windows XP Pro (no network) and require that the sofware would support the following options: 1) One Button Disaster Recovery (my drive supports it) 2) Ability to backup "files in use" I am open to all suggestions! P.S. My units information can be found here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/So...

USB bootable maker: Diff between "HP Drive Key Boot Utility" and "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool"?
As far as I found out there two different tools for making an USB stick bootable: "HP Drive Key Boot Utility" and "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool" What is the difference between them? J. On 20 Apr 2009 09:54:57 GMT, jjstacy@yahoo.net (Jason Stacy) wrote: >As far as I found out there two different tools for making an USB stick bootable: > >"HP Drive Key Boot Utility" > >and > >"HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool" > >What is the difference between them? > >J. "HP Drive Key Boot Utilit...

HP 4890 & HP software
Looking for any comments on the HP 4890 & its software package. I plan to scan the old 35mm & 2 1/4 slides. Ease of use and speed are important. I don't have a critical eye. I have a Canon 5000F for document scanning. Any comments or opinions will be appreciated. Art I've had a 4890 for about 3 days. Scanning slides is great. I've scanned about 2000 slides so far. I've been scanning at 2400dpi. Someone else was posting that it wasn't actually noticeable/usable at 4800 or 9600 dpi. It has a template for 16 35mm slides and the software lets yo...

HP Storage Enclosure on HP workstation
Hi, I have an HP B132L workstation ( 9000/700 series ) running 10.20. I'm trying to add an " HP Storage Enclosure " to it. The enclosure is one of the small ones ( about 1 1/2 ft high and 1ft wide ) that can hold 4 full height DF disks. The whole enclosure ( 4 disks ) can be attached to a system with 2 FW scsi cables. I've terminated 1/2 the enclosure and am attaching the other half ( 2 disks ) with a FW cable. No matter what I do, I cannot get the system to boot when the enclosure is attached to it. I always get : Booting Failed to Initialize. I've made sure ther...

SN#19634 Sun StorageTek 1U Rackmount Media Tray with HP LTO3 HH SAS/SCSI Tape Drive
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 121 Issue 3 2008-03-17 Article 19634 from section "Storage" Impressive Performance in Reduced-Size Footprint The Sun StorageTek 1U Rackmount Media Tray with HP LTO3 HH SAS/SCSI Tape Drive offers a tape backup and archive option for customers looking for a lower solution price point, exactly in the gap between DAT and full-height LTO technology. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=19634 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in text or HTML. Onl...

SN#17289 Sun StorageTek[TM] SL500 Tape Library Comes Bundled with HP 4GB FC LTO3 Drives
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 105 Issue 5 2006-11-27 Article 17289 from section "Storage" Ideal Consolidation Solution in Small to Medium Market Sun has released the Sun StorageTek[TM] SL500 Tape Library bundled with two HP 4Gb FC LTO3 drives. The new architecture on which this tape library is based promotes serviceability and allows the library to adapt easily to customers' changing tape automation needs. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=17289 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via ...

Astech Hardcase for HP 32SII, HP 42S, HP 22S, HP 32S, HP 17BII, PIONEER SERIES
Just got some brand new Astech Industries hardcases. Email iqbal@tstt.net.tt for further information. Ideal hardcase for protecting your pioneer series calculator. ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

[...]

Web resources about - Any Reason to Prefer HP LTO3 Tape Drive With HP Omniback Software? - comp.arch.storage

Software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer software or simply software is any set of machine-readable instructions that directs a computer 's processor to perform specific operations. ...

Questioning Software
I first attempted to use HealthCare.gov to learn about options for covering my granddaughter, who is not covered by my employer-subsidized insurance. ...

Lessons Learned by a Solo Entrepreneur - Software by Rob
... is written by Rob Walling, a serial web entrepreneur. He writes about startups, internet marketing, SEO, and other topics that interest software ...

Renaissance Software
We help individuals and companies to apply state of the art design and process technologies to both embedded and non-embedded software development. ...

Business of Software
Checking form... [x] Receive Updates Search Boston 2012 October 1st-3rd Earlybird tickets from $1,695 Register Earlybird rate available for: ...

Scaling Software Agility - Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell
Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell

Software on the Side
While I was at Ancestry.com, we used the StrengthsFinder assessment to give us insights into ourselves. If you haven’t taken it, I highly recommend ...

The Famous Software Company - Development Blog
A year ago I was looking for an app that enabled me to stream audio from iTunes to my iPhone. I was sharing an apartment at the time, and in ...

A Software Insider's Point of View
Innovative CIO’s Betting On Disruptive Technologies That Impact Enterprise Business Value In the Four Personas of the Next Gen CIO published ...