ACM SIGMicro web site and research machines

	   SIGMICRO TO PROVIDE FREE ACCESS TO AN S/390 MAINFRAME
		       AND AN IA-64 FOR RESEARCHERS

An important emerging industry trend is that IT resources will increasingly
be provided over the internet, possibly replacing in-house IT shops in the
end.  Along the same trend on the side of academic research, ACM SIGMICRO
will be providing to microarchitecture researchers free access to machines
with some uniquely interesting architectures. You can do any research you
want with these machines, or you can choose to just get a hands-on
experience to learn about the architectures, to plan your research. Thanks
to generous donations from IBM and HP, an IBM S/390 (zSeries) mainframe
(running z/VM which lets you have your own virtual multiprocessor
machine(s) with Linux or other guest OS), as well as an HP Itanium system
(running Linux), will be available in the second half of this year to
SIGMICRO researchers worldwide, over the internet. We encourage you to ask
for accounts on these machines on-line on our Web site (described below).
Because of the limited number of available accounts, the requests will be
subject to a review. There is a benefit to entering your preliminary
requests early.

The long-term goal of SIGMICRO is to freely provide hardware and software
research resources to deserving microarchitecture researchers worldwide,
with the help of the industry.

NEW SIGMICRO WEB SITE

SIGMICRO is happy to announce its new Web site on microarchitecture
research and education, which was developed through a year-long effort. The
goal of our Web site  is to advance the state of the art in  microprocessor
design by:
   - Disseminating information from academic and industrial sources,
   - Providing access to computing resources for microarchitecture research,
   - Encouraging interaction between researchers, educators, and students.

Some of the methods for achieving this include:
   - A dynamic database that allows members to submit content to the site via
     Web forms,
   - An annotated Web bibliography,
   - A portal system to computing resources the site actively recruits from
     leading-edge computer companies, and
   - A set of bulletin boards targeted to specific communities.

Notable among the features in the new Web site is the Purdue University
NETCARE system, which gives researchers access to a comprehensive set of
architecture research and simulation tools, as well as an opportunity to
run these tools over the Web. The SIGMICRO Web site also includes a
database of graduating students. Graduate students in microarchitecture-
related fields, including advanced compiler areas, are encouraged to add an
entry to this database about their own theses, to make the community of
their peers (and potential employers) aware of their work.

The new SIGMICRO Web site has been launched at the following URL. We
cordially invite you to take a look:

   http://www.acm.org/sigmicro

breakthroughs in computing architecture, and has established itself as the
premier conference on instruction level parallelism. The SIGMICRO
newsletter is published once a year as the conference proceedings and is
included as a benefit of membership in the SIG.

SIGMICRO's long term goals toward furthering the state of the art in the
field include:

   - Continuing quality improvements to the MICRO conference series
   - Becoming a Web resource, for teaching and research fields related to
     microarchitecture
   - Establishing new student awards, to foster interest in leading edge
     microarchitecture research
   - Providing computing research resources to microarchitecture researchers
     worldwide, with the help of the industry.

ACM SIGMICRO is the professional organization to belong to if you are a
microarchitect, microprogrammer, advanced compiler designer, or a
researcher/developer of superscalar, pipelined, or fine-grain parallel
computer architectures, or if you are interested in learning more about
such microarchitecture topics.

				 Officers
				 --------
			Chair: Kemal Ebcioglu, IBM
	  Vice-Chair: Steve Beaty, Metro State College of Denver
	Secretary/Treasurer: Ed Gehringer, North Carolina State U.

		   SIGMICRO Web Site Steering Committee
		   ------------------------------------
		       Renato Figueiredo, Purdue U.
			  Jose Fortes, Purdue U.
		   Ed Gehringer, North Carolina State U.
		     Augustus Uht, U. of Rhode Island
0
beaty (38)
7/1/2003 8:32:00 AM
comp.arch 7611 articles. 0 followers. carchreader (32) is leader. Post Follow

Free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources http://www.geocities.com/freefreemyspace/ ...

List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources http://www.geocities.com/freefreemyspace/ test "cyber" <freefreefax@yahoo.com.tw> wrote in message news:28cc58bc-584b-46d6-a760-a2bba1d1c25c@b1g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > > List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts > resources > http://www.geocities.com/freefreemyspace/ ...

List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources http://www.geocities.com/freefreemyspace/ ...

Custom web site design, and web site templates
If you need a website for your home business, or if your in need of a template to create your own website, our company specializes in Small business or personal web sites . If you need a professionally designed website with a personal touch by people who know your web site is often a first impression on your customers, www.twistedwebb.com can help you achieve the impression you need. If your looking at setting up that web site yourself, we offer quality , professional web site templates as well. www.twistedwebb.com On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 04:50:49 -0500, "Tommy Webb" <...

RESOUR> [NetGold] WEB SITE DESIGN AND PROMOTION: ISSUES: Articles for Web Site Designers and Site Owners
From: NetHappenings Moderator Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:10:49 -0600 To: comp.internet.net-happenings Subject: RESOUR> [NetGold] WEB SITE DESIGN AND PROMOTION: ISSUES: Articles for Web Site Designers and Site Owners ************************************************************** Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround ************************************************************** Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 06:47:34 -0500 (EST) From: David P. Dillard <jwne@temple.edu> To: NetGold <NetGold@yahoogroups.com> Subject: [NetGold] WEB SITE DESIGN AND PROMOTION: ISSUES: A...

Sites about web-sites ?
Hello, I'm not looking for sites about "web design". I'm looking for sites which discuss web-sites. In other words - rather than discussing the nitty gritty of code, html, css, javascript, etc., I'm looking for a web-site where people discuss things like - does the site achieve its "purpose". - how could that web-site be improved. For instance, I just registered with www.digg.com and right away I though of about 15 things I'd do to improve the site, such as: - a better more specific list of topic categories - allowing either html or bb c...

RESOUR> [NetGold] WEB SITE DESIGN AND PROMOTION: ACCESSABILITY DISABILITY: ISSUES: Research-Based Web Design and Usability Guidelines
From: NetHappenings Moderator Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:03:38 -0600 To: comp.internet.net-happenings Subject: RESOUR> [NetGold] WEB SITE DESIGN AND PROMOTION: ACCESSABILITY DISABILITY: ISSUES: Research-Based Web Design and Usability Guidelines ************************************************************** Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround ************************************************************** Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 01:40:36 -0500 (EST) From: David P. Dillard <jwne@temple.edu> To: NetGold <NetGold@yahoogroups.com> Subject: [NetGold] WEB SITE DE...

Recommendations for good Web site hosting company (for personal Web site)
For a personal Web site with modest throughput and interactivity demans, I'm interested in your recommendation(s) for good (cheap, reliable, Linux friendly, very little, if any, sponsor advertising) Web site hosting company (in U.S.). Thanks! Dr. Colombes wrote: > For a personal Web site with modest throughput and interactivity > demans, I'm interested in your recommendation(s) for good (cheap, > reliable, Linux friendly, very little, if any, sponsor advertising) Web > site hosting company (in U.S.). > > Thanks! > I use my ISP, ISWest at <http://main.iswes...

using python to visit web sites and print the web sites image to files
Hi there, I wonder whether python can be used to simulate a real user to do the following: 1) open a web site in a browser; 2) printscreen, so to copy the current active window image to clipboard; 3) save the image file to a real file Any pointer will be apprieciated! Xiong On Mar 12, 7:32 am, "imx" <xiong.xu...@gmail.com> wrote: > I wonder whether python can be used to simulate a real user to do the > following: > 1) open a web site in a browser; > 2) printscreen, so to copy the current active window image to > clipboard; > 3) save the image file to a re...

New HP OpenVMS Web Site, Web Site Reorganization, Broken Links
For those that have not already noticed it, HP appears to be in the process of deploying a new OpenVMS web site on a new host web server. The responses to the http://www.hp.com/go/openvms shortcut are now returning web pages from the http://www8.hp.com server. That's from my location. HP may well have other web servers involved with serving these pages, based on load, geography, phase of the moon, or any number of other factors. Link continuity was apparently not implemented, or not completely implemented. This means that existing http://h71000.www7.hp.com refere...

Good News
Greetings All, I am expecting a brand new CD/DVD burner to be coming in any day now. What does this mean? It means, since I also upgraded the computer, that I can now burn CDs without making a large amount of coasters. It also means I will be able burn the 800MB CDs and I can do it in less time too. What does that mean for you? For those that have not yet gotten a copy of the Holme's Web Site CDs, I can now make them cheaper and pass the savings on. $9.95 for a set of 3 CDs. This includes standard shipping. It may be more for international or 'special' shipping. On another note... anyone want to host a web site? I am quite certain that I can create a CGI script written in PERL (or some other language) that can read the contents of a hard drive (or CD) and generate an HTML list of the contents available for download, a little similar to the HTML listing that Holme's had on his own site. Using a CGI script would mean little or no maintenance. All a person would have to do to update a contents list would be merely to 'add' whatever he wants into a directory. That's it. Would anyone like to provide a web site with PERL capability, free of charge, so that I may try to start writing this program? Email me... C 'yaz. ...

[WEB] my Web site was migrate
Hello, Musique.Atari.Org Web site address was changed... Please, don't use http://atari.georezo.net , but use now http://musique.atari.org or http://atari.apinc.org ... Music.Atari.Org was changed too, and it's now only dedicated to Atari music software : ATARI Music Software (AMS)... Please use now http://music.atari.org or http://atari.music.free.fr to go there... Thank you for your attention :-) -- Best regards, Paul ...

[News] Web Site Cockup Declares Apple CEO Dead; Bad Web Site Fined

Need web site author to find/ take a template and customize for me. Services wanted web site design programming
Need web site author to find/ take a template and customize for me. Services wanted web site design programming I am on a limited budget being unemployed but could use some help and will pay for web site design/tuning based on a template. Need some help picking a template and not adverse to having you help me for a fee. Need a few web pages with some photos and areas for text to promote a "PC Support at Home" repair business. This would be where someone contracts me to come to their home, review their computer problems and resolve them. This would include cleaning the ha...

How to setup the apache server in way that you can manage from one the apache server machine different web server machines with own web directory ?
I wish to create something looks like web farm when I can manage every web servers with web sites files on different virtual machines by one main apache server . How to do it ? Thank you for any suggestions! ...

Fuzzy Researcher: Increase Your Research Productivity with the Leading Web 2.0 Research Portal
Dear Fuzzy Researcher, Web 2.0 research portals are the newest and best approach to increasing your research productivity. I created MyNetResearch.com to bring about efficient research management and easier collaborations, and it has quickly grown to over 11,500 members from 95 countries. With MyNetResearch.com, you will: =95 find other researchers to work with based on your exact needs =95 save and access all previous versions of your working papers =95 conduct online surveys and citation searches =95 receive expert advice on research and statistical design, and =95 read the la...

AI Researcher: Increase Your Research Productivity with the Leading Web 2.0 Research Portal
Dear AI Researcher, Web 2.0 research portals are the newest and best approach to increasing your research productivity. I created MyNetResearch.com to bring about efficient research management and easier collaborations, and it has quickly grown to over 11,500 members from 95 countries. With MyNetResearch.com, you will: =95 find other researchers to work with based on your exact needs =95 save and access all previous versions of your working papers =95 conduct online surveys and citation searches =95 receive expert advice on research and statistical design, and =95 read the lates...

Speech Researcher: Increase Your Research Productivity with the Leading Web 2.0 Research Portal
Dear Speech Researcher, Web 2.0 research portals are the newest and best approach to increasing your research productivity. I created MyNetResearch.com to bring about efficient research management and easier collaborations, and it has quickly grown to over 11,500 members from 95 countries. With MyNetResearch.com, you will: =95 find other researchers to work with based on your exact needs =95 save and access all previous versions of your working papers =95 conduct online surveys and citation searches =95 receive expert advice on research and statistical design, and =95 read the latest research discoveries in hundreds of subject areas Join thousands of researchers who publish more papers and grant proposals using MyNetResearch.com, with its Free Regular Membership. Sign up today at: https://www.mynetresearch.com/Signup/SignUp.aspx Thanks, Bay Arinze, Ph.D Senior Editor MyNetResearch, Empowering Collaboration=99 ...

CAD Researcher: Increase Your Research Productivity with the Leading Web 2.0 Research Portal
Dear CAD Researcher, Web 2.0 research portals are the newest and best approach to increasing your research productivity. I created MyNetResearch.com to bring about efficient research management and easier collaborations, and it has quickly grown to over 11,500 members from 95 countries. With MyNetResearch.com, you will: =95 find other researchers to work with based on your exact needs =95 save and access all previous versions of your working papers =95 conduct online surveys and citation searches =95 receive expert advice on research and statistical design, and =95 read the late...

Computing Researcher: Increase Your Research Productivity with the Leading Web 2.0 Research Portal
Dear Computing Researcher, Web 2.0 research portals are the newest and best approach to increasing your research productivity. I created MyNetResearch.com to bring about efficient research management and easier collaborations, and it has quickly grown to over 11,500 members from 95 countries. With MyNetResearch.com, you will: =95 find other researchers to work with based on your exact needs =95 save and access all previous versions of your working papers =95 conduct online surveys and citation searches =95 receive expert advice on research and statistical design, and =95 read th...

Genetics Researcher: Increase Your Research Productivity with the Leading Web 2.0 Research Portal
Dear Genetics Researcher, Web 2.0 research portals are the newest and best approach to increasing your research productivity. I created MyNetResearch.com to bring about efficient research management and easier collaborations, and it has quickly grown to over 11,500 members from 95 countries. With MyNetResearch.com, you will: =95 find other researchers to work with based on your exact needs =95 save and access all previous versions of your working papers =95 conduct online surveys and citation searches =95 receive expert advice on research and statistical design, and =95 read the...

Philosophy Researcher: Increase Your Research Productivity with the Leading Web 2.0 Research Portal
Dear Philosophy Researcher, Web 2.0 research portals are the newest and best approach to increasing your research productivity. I created MyNetResearch.com to bring about efficient research management and easier collaborations, and it has quickly grown to over 11,500 members from 95 countries. With MyNetResearch.com, you will: =95 find other researchers to work with based on your exact needs =95 save and access all previous versions of your working papers =95 conduct online surveys and citation searches =95 receive expert advice on research and statistical design, and =95 read t...

[WEB] New web site address
Hello, I made a new web site, so please update your bookmarks with this URL: http://pmandin.atari.org/ -- Patrice Mandin WWW: http://pmandin.atari.org/ Programmeur Linux, Atari Sp�cialit�: D�veloppement, jeux Thats very nice, an improvement. Coda. in article 43402e5a.0@entanet, Peter Slegg wrote on 10/2/2005 5:00 PM: > I am considering a wireless lan adapter. Does anyone know of any that > will work with the available drivers ? I have a D-Link DWL-810 on my TT plugged into the eternec. This works quite well. The drivers don't matter with this arrangement since they talk to the ethernec. -- FreeMiNT http://sparemint.atariforge.net/sparemint/ [Free your mind...] Atari Team http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=30472 L. Pursell http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/ [AtarIRC, GFA-Basic, Hades060] On 6 Sep 2005 15:28:44 +, Patrice Mandin wrote: >Hello, > >I made a new web site, so please update your bookmarks with this URL: >http://pmandin.atari.org/ > Hi Patrice, I see you have created a list of compatible pci devices. http://perso.wanadoo.fr/patrice.mandin/v3/en/perso-pci.html I am considering a wireless lan adapter. Does anyone know of any that will work with the available drivers ? Regards, Peter lp wrote: > in article 43402e5a.0@entanet, Peter Slegg wrote on 10/2/2005 5:00 PM: > > >>I am considering a wireless lan adapter. Does anyone know of an...

Sample Web Sites for Web Testing
Hi, Can any one suggest some sample Web Sites that are downloadable (available free). I am learning QTP. I would prefer different sample websites other than those coming with the QTP Tool. Can anyone suggest basic tips which can be used as checklist during web testing? Thanks K. Balajie. Hi try to find some small companies website n use them for ur testing. the checklist for webtesting will be there in the QTP tutorial itself. u can see that there itself. On Apr 27, 3:33 am, Bala <balaji...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Can any one suggest some sample Web Sites that are downloadable > (available free). I am learning QTP. I would prefer different sample > websites other than those coming with the QTP Tool. > > Can anyone suggest basic tips which can be used as checklist during > web testing? > > Thanks > K. Balajie. ...

Web resources about - ACM SIGMicro web site and research machines - comp.arch

Jim Warren (computer specialist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From 1957–1967 Warren was a mathematics teacher at secondary-school level, and professor at college and university levels, with his last full-time ...

bylaws — Association for Computing Machinery