DSP t DSP Synchronization

What would be the easiest way to synchronize two DSPs using the TI 'C6701
programmable digital signal processor. Would it be easier to send a sinusoid
from the transmitter end to the receiver and aknowledgement from the
receiver to the transmitter or use a stream of known bits?

Any help with algorithm, code or ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you.

0
Texas
3/3/2004 11:54:18 PM
comp.arch 7611 articles. 0 followers. carchreader (32) is leader. Post Follow

I solved the same problem. Sinusoid did help but I used 5/6 frames for
synchronization. Like Sinusoid+silence+silence+sinusoid+.. You can
also use the more robust technique of known bits but it will increase
ur processing during listening mode!!

This webpage should help
http://www.s3.kth.se/signal/edu/projekt/links.shtml Try Brown,Yellow
and Red groups. They solve the problem.

cheers,
prakash

cheers,
prakash

"Texas Longhorns" <OUSucks@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Keu1c.28716$OH4.21044@fe2.texas.rr.com>...
> What would be the easiest way to synchronize two DSPs using the TI 'C6701
> programmable digital signal processor. Would it be easier to send a sinusoid
> from the transmitter end to the receiver and aknowledgement from the
> receiver to the transmitter or use a stream of known bits?
>
> Any help with algorithm, code or ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
0
prakashsainani