Getting 'input type=text size=' to fill the available space

How can one get a text control's size to fill the available space e.g. the
width of the cell? I find not

 input type=text size=100%

.. Thanks.

--
Chris
0

Chris John Jordan <chrisjj@despammed.com> wrote in

> How can one get a text control's size to fill the available space e.g.
> the width of the cell? I find not
>
>  input type=text size=100%
>
> . Thanks.

<input type="text" style="width:100%" >

-- however --

IE has a bug whereby it will expand the width of the textbox to its content
regardless of the width of the container surrounding the textbox when it
first renders it. I do not know of any good workaround for this other than
scripting.
0
Sean
9/20/2003 2:31:22 PM
Sean Jorden <s_j_o_r_d.e.n@no.spam.n_o_r_a.d.a.com> wrote:

><input type="text" style="width:100%" >

Excellent! Thanks, Sean.

>IE has a bug whereby it will expand the width of the textbox to its content
>regardless of the width of the container surrounding the textbox when it
>first renders it.

Interestingly I do not see that here on IE 5.5.

--
Chris
0
Chris John Jordan <chrisjj@despammed.com> wrote:
>Sean Jorden <s_j_o_r_d.e.n@no.spam.n_o_r_a.d.a.com> wrote:
>>
>><input type="text" style="width:100%" >
>
>Excellent! Thanks, Sean.

Note: Opera 7.11 can decide to make the width zero in certain
circumstances! :(

--
Chris
0