style class "full" only works locally

This web page formats as I expect it to when I look at it locally
http://www.salmon-trout-hampshire.org/courses.html

but when I upload it to the website the and then look at it it fails.
(Two of the lines in the page use "class=full" which means the text for
them should be red and struck through. It is fine using the local
version of the file, but it is grey and unlined at the website.

If I look at the file as stored at the website using my FTP software it
looks OK.

I am using chrome as my browser.

Any ideas?
thanks in advance.

this is the section of "globals1.css" that does it:
/*********************/
/* Special styles */
/*********************/
p.spaced	{
	padding-bottom: 15px;
}
span.title {
	font-weight: bold;
	display: block;
	color:#C00;
}

..bold 	{
	font-weight: bold
}

..full	{
	text-decoration: line-through;
	color: red
}

..past 	{
	color: silver
}
0
EllisMorgan
12/17/2016 3:08:05 PM
comp.authoring.html 7078 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article <o33ka1$i1n$1@dont-email.me>, ellis@ellis.invalid says...

> This web page formats as I expect it to when I look at it locally
> http://www.salmon-trout-hampshire.org/courses.html
>
> but when I upload it to the website the and then look at it it fails.
> (Two of the lines in the page use "class=full" which means the text for
> them should be red and struck through. It is fine using the local
> version of the file, but it is grey and unlined at the website.
>
> If I look at the file as stored at the website using my FTP software it
> looks OK.
>
> I am using chrome as my browser.
>
> Any ideas?
> thanks in advance.
>
> this is the section of "globals1.css" that does it:
> /*********************/
> /* Special styles */
> /*********************/
> p.spaced	{
> 	padding-bottom: 15px;
> }
> span.title {
> 	font-weight: bold;
> 	display: block;
> 	color:#C00;
> }
>
> .bold 	{
> 	font-weight: bold
> }
>
> .full	{
> 	text-decoration: line-through;
> 	color: red
> }
>
> .past 	{
> 	color: silver
> }

It looks exactly as you say you want it to me - red, and struck-through.
I wonder if you're picking up a cached version?  F5 to refresh (or
Control-F5 to "force refresh") could eliminate that.

One thing I've found enormously useful is the Chrome Developer Tools.
It takes a little study to get your head round how to use them, but once
you have, you can drill down forensically to see what's going on.

https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/

There was a neat little Kindle book on how to use them, but it's getting
quite out of date now, as they are regularly updated.  Have a look on
YouTube, but be sure to pick the more recent tutorials.

Phil, London
0
Philip
12/17/2016 3:38:54 PM
On 17/12/2016 15:38, Philip Herlihy wrote:
> In article <o33ka1$i1n$1@dont-email.me>, ellis@ellis.invalid says...
>>
>> This web page formats as I expect it to when I look at it locally
>> http://www.salmon-trout-hampshire.org/courses.html
>>
>> but when I upload it to the website the and then look at it it fails.
>> (Two of the lines in the page use "class=full" which means the text for
>> them should be red and struck through. It is fine using the local
>> version of the file, but it is grey and unlined at the website.
>>
>> If I look at the file as stored at the website using my FTP software it
>> looks OK.
>>
>> I am using chrome as my browser.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> thanks in advance.
>>
>> this is the section of "globals1.css" that does it:
>> /*********************/
>> /* Special styles */
>> /*********************/
>> p.spaced	{
>> 	padding-bottom: 15px;
>> }
>> span.title {
>> 	font-weight: bold;
>> 	display: block;
>> 	color:#C00;
>> }
>>
>> .bold 	{
>> 	font-weight: bold
>> }
>>
>> .full	{
>> 	text-decoration: line-through;
>> 	color: red
>> }
>>
>> .past 	{
>> 	color: silver
>> }
>
> It looks exactly as you say you want it to me - red, and struck-through.
> I wonder if you're picking up a cached version?  F5 to refresh (or
> Control-F5 to "force refresh") could eliminate that.
>
> One thing I've found enormously useful is the Chrome Developer Tools.
> It takes a little study to get your head round how to use them, but once
> you have, you can drill down forensically to see what's going on.
>
> https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/
>
> There was a neat little Kindle book on how to use them, but it's getting
> quite out of date now, as they are regularly updated.  Have a look on
> YouTube, but be sure to pick the more recent tutorials.
>
> Phil, London

Thanks, Phil,
I thought of that, but my action (right click > reload) did not work (I
have not yet changed my mindset from all those years using Windows XP)
but {Control+F5} did the job. Very helpful and quick, thanks again, Ellis.
0
EllisMorgan
12/17/2016 4:01:55 PM
On Sat, 17 Dec 2016 15:38:54 -0000, Philip Herlihy wrote:

> It looks exactly as you say you want it to me - red, and struck-through.

Same here, using an early version of Vivaldi (1.0.403.24 (Beta 3) (32-bit))
on a Win Vista system. Cheers and (prematurely) Seasons' Greetings, -- tlvp
tlvp