Gayeshan Disman Hewa Mithige

0
gayeshan
9/1/2006 1:58:23 PM
comp.authoring.html 7078 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

gayeshan@gmail.com wrote:

> Check this out...
> http://www.geocities.com/gayeshan

Garbage code, every error in the book, don't bother.

0
Andy
9/1/2006 2:24:01 PM
gayeshan@gmail.com wrote:

> Check this out...
> http://www.geocities.com/gayeshan
>
> Gayeshan Disman Hewa Mithige

How do you expect anyone to take you seriously on the topic of web
design when your own site is riddled with errors?
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.geocities.com%2Fgaye
shan%2F>

And why on Earth are you defining your code as XHTML 1.1 when it
doesn't even validate as HTML 4.01 Transitional?

Another baddie (which the W3C Validator also pointed out): inside the
XML declaration, you've defined your document as ISO-8859-1, yet you
redefine your document as "windows-1252" in a <meta> tag further down
in the code. Why is that?

Yet another one: why do you keep mentioning "FutureWeb.com" in your
text? Did you steal the content from them? Did you recently buy the
domain name (the website for that domain specifies it as "for sale")?
Or do you just want to sound a bit more professional in the industry
than you really are?

--
Kim Andr� Aker�
- kimandre@NOSPAMbetadome.com
Kim Andr=E9 Aker=F8 wrote:
> gayeshan@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Check this out...
> > http://www.geocities.com/gayeshan

Or http://www.geocities.com/gayeshan/ with the trailing slash to avoid
an unnecessary redirect... I hate it when people leave that out.

> Yet another one: why do you keep mentioning "FutureWeb.com" in your
> text? Did you steal the content from them? Did you recently buy the
> domain name (the website for that domain specifies it as "for sale")?
> Or do you just want to sound a bit more professional in the industry
> than you really are?

The copyright notice at the bottom says "All rights reserved for the
Department of Computer Science in KEELE University, United
Kingdom-2003."  So it's a site hosted at GeoCities, mentioning a
different .com domain, and with a copyright notice from a .ac.uk
institution.  There seem to be some multiple personalities active here.

--=20
Dan

0
Dan
9/1/2006 5:57:53 PM
Kim Andr� Aker� wrote:
> gayeshan@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Check this out...
>> http://www.geocities.com/gayeshan
>>
>> Gayeshan Disman Hewa Mithige
>
> How do you expect anyone to take you seriously on the topic of web
> design when your own site is riddled with errors?
> <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.geocities.com%2Fgaye
> shan%2F>
>
> And why on Earth are you defining your code as XHTML 1.1 when it
> doesn't even validate as HTML 4.01 Transitional?
>
> Another baddie (which the W3C Validator also pointed out): inside the
> XML declaration, you've defined your document as ISO-8859-1, yet you
> redefine your document as "windows-1252" in a <meta> tag further down
> in the code. Why is that?
>
> Yet another one: why do you keep mentioning "FutureWeb.com" in your
> text? Did you steal the content from them? Did you recently buy the
> domain name (the website for that domain specifies it as "for sale")?
> Or do you just want to sound a bit more professional in the industry
> than you really are?

FutureWeb.com  is promoting Table-based Layout. Enough said.

--
Gus
0

>gayeshan@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Check this out...
>> http://www.geocities.com/gayeshan
>>
>> Gayeshan Disman Hewa Mithige
>
>How do you expect anyone to take you seriously on the topic of web
>design when your own site is riddled with errors?

Not only that but:

        [...] there are now over thirty million documents on the Web.
        This means that almost every topic is covered in many locations.

which is bullshit.

--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>

                Free Our Data:  <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>
0
Andy
9/2/2006 1:44:24 PM
Andy Mabbett wrote:

> Not only that but:
>
>         [...] there are now over thirty million documents on the Web.
>         This means that almost every topic is covered in many locations.

Over 30 million? There are also over nine of them, but likewise that's
not a fact one would generally point out. How many years ago was the 30
million mark reached?
0
Harlan