Why does W10 load so fast?

Recent versions of Windows seem to load faster and faster.  Is this just
judicious tuning of what's needed before offering a desktop, or has the
fundamental mechanism changed?  Is it saving and loading an image, for
example?

--

Phil, London
0

In article <MPG.319fb3e35b5f8b44989712@news.eternal-september.org>,
 Philip Herlihy <thiswillbounceback@you.com> wrote:

> Recent versions of Windows seem to load faster and faster.  Is this just
> judicious tuning of what's needed before offering a desktop, or has the
> fundamental mechanism changed?  Is it saving and loading an image, for
> example?

Wrong newsgroup?

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

> In article <MPG.319fb3e35b5f8b44989712@news.eternal-september.org>,
>  Philip Herlihy <thiswillbounceback@you.com> wrote:
>
> > Recent versions of Windows seem to load faster and faster.  Is this just
> > judicious tuning of what's needed before offering a desktop, or has the
> > fundamental mechanism changed?  Is it saving and loading an image, for
> > example?
>
> Wrong newsgroup?

Yes!  (Sorry!)

--