Adjusting font-size for system font-size

In Windows XP, there's an accessability wizard that allows the
user to change the font size for readability. There's probably
something similar in other operating systems. I think it would be
a nice thing to do for any users with large system font sizes to
detect that and offer up an alternative stylesheet. I don't know
how to approach this, though, and I'm sure it involves more than
CSS. Is it possible to detect this setting?

Ian
--
http://www.bookstacks.org/
0

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:53:45 GMT, Ian <blank@blank.com> wrote:

>I think it would be a nice thing to do for any users with large system
>font sizes to detect that and offer up an alternative stylesheet.

Sorry to respond to my own post. It occurs to me that the user
will have already accounted for any readability problems. So, the
question is unimportant. Carry on. :-)

Ian
--
http://www.bookstacks.org/
0
On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, Ian wrote:

> On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:53:45 GMT, Ian <blank@blank.com> wrote:
>
> >I think it would be a nice thing to do for any users with large system
> >font sizes to detect that and offer up an alternative stylesheet.
>
> Sorry to respond to my own post. It occurs to me that the user
> will have already accounted for any readability problems.

Indeed.  Google for "the amazing em unit" to see that the idea isn't
exactly new...

> So, the question is unimportant. Carry on. :-)

The question gets asked several times a week, at least, in one form or
another.  So an answer should be at hand, no matter how unimportant
you rate it to be :-}

ttfn
0
Alan