Getting help from CIWAS: help us to help you

How to get help from this group, and how to construct a minimised test
case: http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/help_us_help_you.htm

--
Spartanicus
0

Spartanicus wrote:

> How to get help from this group, and how to construct a minimised
> test case:
> http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/help_us_help_you.htm

Perhaps we could call this the Jerry Maguire principle.  :-)

It's a nice document to be able to refer folks to. I had long thought
of doing something like that, but never got around to it. Thanks for
doing the work.

--
Brian (remove ".invalid" to email me)
http://www.tsmchughs.com/
On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:34:20 +0100, Spartanicus <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> How to get help from this group, and how to construct a minimised test
> case: http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/help_us_help_you.htm

You know the code examples overflow, I'm sure...
0
Neal
7/28/2004 3:42:29 PM
Neal <neal413@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> How to get help from this group, and how to construct a minimised test
>> case: http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/help_us_help_you.htm
>
>You know the code examples overflow, I'm sure...

I prefer to display block level elements in HTML code indented, it makes
code easier to read imo.

seemed like the best way to do it, but I agree that the resulting non
wrapping behaviour is a bit ugly.

I've played a bit with the method of using text-indent & margin-left
for marking up poems or lyrics that we discussed previously:
http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/code_markup.htm

It seems to work in Opera and Mozilla, nesting more than one level deep
appears to confuse IE5.5. Another drawback is that marking up HTML code
this way is awkward and the indentation is lost sans css.

--
Spartanicus
0