Ping Jukka: OT gmane.org.w3c.validator question,

Until a bit over a year ago I could see discussions about  validator.w3.org
on gmane.org.w3c.validator -- but then suddenly no more posts appeared.

I guess that NG-ified the single contributions to the www-validator@w3.org
mailing list. Can you advise what I may use, apart from actually trying to
join that mailing list, to regain access to those discussions (even if
merely read-only access)? Many thanks.

Cheers, -- tlvp
tlvp
11/9/2016 8:40:10 AM
comp.authoring.stylesheets 8158 articles. 0 followers. mdmoura (161) is leader. Post Follow

9.11.2016, 10:40, tlvp wrote:

> Until a bit over a year ago I could see discussions about  validator.w3.org
> on gmane.org.w3c.validator -- but then suddenly no more posts appeared.
>
> I guess that NG-ified the single contributions to the www-validator@w3.org
> mailing list. Can you advise what I may use, apart from actually trying to
> join that mailing list, to regain access to those discussions (even if
> merely read-only access)? Many thanks.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/

On page https://validator.w3.org/feedback.html they say:

�The public mailing-list to discuss the Markup Validator, Link checker
and other tools is www-validator.

You can subscribe to the list (and unsubscribe), or if you just have a
small patch or idea and don't want to join the list, feel free to send
it directly to the list. But whatever you do, always use the mail search
engine first to check for existing messages on a given topic.�

Note that the list is about the Markup Validator (and Link Checker and
Log Validator). A list related to the CSS Validator at
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
is the www-validator-css@w3.org list, with archives at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator-css/

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
0
On Wed, 9 Nov 2016 15:15:56 +0200, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

> 9.11.2016, 10:40, tlvp wrote:
>
>> Until a bit over a year ago I could see discussions about  validator.w3.org
>> on gmane.org.w3c.validator -- but then suddenly no more posts appeared.
>>
>> I guess that NG-ified the single contributions to the www-validator@w3.org
>> mailing list. Can you advise what I may use, apart from actually trying to
>> join that mailing list, to regain access to those discussions (even if
>> merely read-only access)? Many thanks.

> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/
>
> On page https://validator.w3.org/feedback.html they say:
>
> “The public mailing-list to discuss the Markup Validator, Link checker
> and other tools is www-validator.
>
> You can subscribe to the list (and unsubscribe), or if you just have a
> small patch or idea and don't want to join the list, feel free to send
> it directly to the list. But whatever you do, always use the mail search
> engine first to check for existing messages on a given topic.”
>
> Note that the list is about the Markup Validator (and Link Checker and
> Log Validator). A list related to the CSS Validator at
> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
> is the www-validator-css@w3.org list, with archives at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator-css/

Thanks, Jukka. I guess the list-to-newsgroup service gmane provides in
general is just no longer being applied to the www-validator list. Pity.

Cheers, -- tlvp (And apologies to all for the OT digression.)
tlvp
11/10/2016 8:52:40 AM
On 11/09/2016 02:40 AM, tlvp wrote:
> Until a bit over a year ago I could see discussions about  validator.w3.org
> on gmane.org.w3c.validator -- but then suddenly no more posts appeared.
>
> I guess that NG-ified the single contributions to the www-validator@w3.org
> mailing list. Can you advise what I may use, apart from actually trying to
> join that mailing list, to regain access to those discussions (even if
> merely read-only access)? Many thanks.

The original maintainer of GMANE decided to discontinue offering the
service. It has been taken over by new ownership; I am not sure what the
status is of forwarding that particular list, but you can ask.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn@rushpost.com>
http://www.rantroulette.com
On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 15:00:55 -0600, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:

> On 11/09/2016 02:40 AM, tlvp wrote:
>> Until a bit over a year ago I could see discussions about  validator.w3.org
>> on gmane.org.w3c.validator -- but then suddenly no more posts appeared.
>>
>> I guess that NG-ified the single contributions to the www-validator@w3.org
>> mailing list. Can you advise what I may use, apart from actually trying to
>> join that mailing list, to regain access to those discussions (even if
>> merely read-only access)? Many thanks.
>
> The original maintainer of GMANE decided to discontinue offering the
> service. It has been taken over by new ownership; I am not sure what the
> status is of forwarding that particular list, but you can ask.

Thanks, Shawn. I see that GMANE *is* still transmitting the list at
Categories@mta.ca, so not the entire service is discontinued. Oh, well, ...

Cheers, -- tlvp
tlvp