Access Security - Can't Access my database in VB after I create a new workgroup information file

Hello,

What is the best way (if it can be done) to Access a Microsoft Access 2002
database using VB? I can connect to one no problem until I set up security
and have a workgroup file. I can't find any kind of connection that lets you
change which workgroup information to use. At the moment I get kicked out
because I am an unknown user (which is true in the default system.mdw
file...). Anyone got any ideas?

TIA,

Neil.

0
Neil
7/16/2003 9:55:22 AM
comp.basic.visual.database 1601 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and sc...

Export table from old Access 2002 Database to create a new database
Hi , I'm wondering if there is a way for me to export some tables including data and structure from old database to a new database and then save as new database name. I try to create a marco and it create a new table within the same database. I would be appreciated if you can help me to create a code for one button that will export selected tables to a new database and then save as a new database name file. Thanks ;-) There's some example code here: http://allenbrowne.com/unlinked/backup.txt It creates a new database, and loops through the tables in the current database, wr...

pg_autovacuum causes 'create database' to fail when the first is accessing 'template1'
Hi, I noticed that when using the single commandline: drop database <name>; create database <name>; this sometimes fails due to a pg_autovacuum process running on the background. When this happens, the error returned is: db2=# drop database db1; create database db1; DROP DATABASE ERROR: source database "template1" is being accessed by other users The logs shows that pg_autovacuum kicks in right after the drop database, but right before the create database, causing the latter to fail: 2003-11-08 10:50:15 [1422] LOG: unexpected EOF on clie...

"You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" (Access 2003)
Hi, All of a sudden one of our clients can't use her application. She gets "You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" when trying to open our application. The only thing she did today, according to her, was to download and install an Avery label wizard. She has rebooted and there are no other versions of Access running. The shortcut that launches the application does point to a version of Access (2003) because the installation wizard found an existing version on her PC. I believe it points to Office 11. Any ideas? -paulw Nevermind. She uninstal...

Using Access to 'access' an sql database on a webserver
Is this possible? I know about a bit about ODBC and found how to import an ODBC database stored on the computer, however I am after accessing an SQL database stored on a webserver. I'd like to keep it up to date, but that could probably be done with a macro. At the moment I'm just considoring possible options, so just need to know if it can be done, how easy and a rough idea of how. Any help would be much appreciated! Flic On 6 Oct 2006 03:59:25 -0700, "Flic" <FelicityP@gmail.com> wrote: I typically create an ADP, then connect to such db specifying the IP address...

Access database as 'exe' file
I am developing an Access database with files linked to external spreadsheets and wish to distribute it as an 'exe' file. Is this possible and if so, can anyone answer my dumb question? Thks On 16 Mar 2005, stuart.r.deaves@transport.qld.gov.au (StuartD) wrote: >I am developing an Access database with files linked to external >spreadsheets and wish to distribute it as an 'exe' file. You don't mention Access version, so what I say may be out of date... for the Access 97 that I have there is a developer's version which allows you to distribute a RUNTIME module (i...

New Years Resolution. ''Upscale'' large Access database to stand alone application.
Happy New Year to one and all! Over the last 8 years I have created/maint= ained/improved a large code rich database. Several people I respect have = suggested I sell it. In its current state there is no reason why I couldn't sell it as an access= db. I do wonder if there would be a larger market if it was a stand alone= windows app? The retail version doesn't require to be Web enabled but the= wholesale version definitely will. =20 So, if i'm going to develop it beyond Access where do I start? There is a = lot of vba in it which I am very familiar with. I ha...

Open Access Database Form from within Access database
I have included the following code to open an Access database form from within an exsisting Access database. But when I run the code, it appears that it opens the database because in windows explorer I can see the database has the .ldb file extension. So it appears that it's open, but I can't see the database or the form that I've tried to open. What am I doing wrong. The following is the code: 'This is in the declaration part of the module Dim appAccess As Access.Application ' Initialize string to database path. Const strConPathToSamples = "C:\Documents a...

Accessing BTrieve database from Visual C++/Visual Basic
Hi! I have been looking on the pervasive website but things don't get really clear to me. Does anybody know how to access a betrieve database from either Visual Basic or from Visual C++? Is there some sort of ODBC driver or anything alike? Do you know where to get it and if it is free or needs to be payed for? I'm looking for this because we use a product in our clinic that makes use of a BTrieve database from which we would like to query some information that we would like to use in some other system. If we can access the BTrieve database we are able to treat our patient be...

I thought Flash/Flex could tie into databases, so wouldn't Oracle want to keep developing JavaFX and include within it database access?
I thought Flash/Flex could tie into databases, so wouldn't Oracle want to keep developing JavaFX and include within it database access? -- Regards, Casey "Casey Hawthorne" <caseyhHAMMER_TIME@istar.ca> wrote in message news:9lbtu4hqbi9uj3f674ct0t5c32t78u854t@4ax.com... > I thought Flash/Flex could tie into databases, so wouldn't Oracle want > to keep developing JavaFX and include within it database access? > -- I doubt Oracle has much interest in developing JavaFX but I hope I am wrong as it looks like a surprisingly good piece of technology. If they truly ...

How to open a file for binary access without creating an empty file if the file doesn't exist
I'd like to open a file for binary access Open "C:\Test\myfile.bin" For Binary Lock Read Write As #1 Unfortunately if the file does not exist an empty file is created (Visual Basic Documentation: If the file specified by pathname doesn't exist, it is created when a file is opened for Append, Binary, Output, or Random modes). Today before opening the file for binary access I check if the file exists. But I experienced situations where the file during the file check existed and just before the opening of the file it has been removed by another programm. Is there really no ...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

How to corrupt a MS Access database file in a 'normal' way?
Here is the situation: I wrote a VB programm, which stores all the information in a single Access database file using jet engine. It worked well, however one of my customs reported that there was some problems with this programm. I checked, the log files showed that the database was corrupted. The customer told me that there no 'illegal' operation such as pull out the plug, or kill the programm via task manager... So is there any possible normal operation which could corrupt the database? such as 'Weird characters' I guess? (The custom is from Italy, is there any special Ital...

Identifying Access Databases with tables linked from other Databases/Files
Hi, Have a number of Access Databases that I inherited and want to zip a few of them. My concern is that other active Microsoft Applications may be linking to the database or its tables. Is there a method of searching that will allow me to identify those MS Access files that are linked to. I am not really concerned with itemizing the which files link to which, but just that a link exists. Thanks in advance for any help. Bill It is easy to find the files which it links to but I don't know of any way to find the files which link to it. If you want to find the ones it links to look ...

Web resources about - Access Security - Can't Access my database in VB after I create a new workgroup information file - comp.basic.visual.database

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

Helping refugees access education and information
... relief support. But we also wanted to do something to help with refugees’ long-term challenges, such as the need for access to information and ...

Weekend Reading: David Warsh on Shapiro and Varian's "Information Rules"
... without... >...some bright new book fetching up on my desk promising to explain some aspect of the business dynamics of the new age of information.... ...

Uber accidentally exposed one driver's personal tax information and social security number
A bad bug in Uber's code resulted in one driver's personal tax information being accessible to US drivers looking to get a head start on their ...

Bikeshare Information For 110 Different Cities Now Available Via One App
Originally published on Bikocity. Bikeshare program information for 110 different major cities around the world is now available in just a single ...

J.K. Rowling Reveals The Secret Information She Told Alan Rickman About Severus Snape
J.K. Rowling has revealed the secret bit of information she once shared with the late Alan [...]

OpenSSH patches information leak that could expose private SSH keys
A vulnerability in OpenSSH clients could expose users' private SSH keys to rogue or compromised servers.

Deposition reveals more information on decision to switch Flint's water source to the Flint River
The Daily Beast has obtained new information regarding the decisions leading up to the fateful decision to temporarily switch Flint, Michigan’s ...

PML-N Fata information secretary resigns
Protests federal government’s ‘wrong’ policies on the tribal region. KHAR: Pakistan Muslim League-N, Fata information secretary Abdul Manan Janbaz ...