HI,
I have developped a program in Visual Basic 6.0 using MS Access database.
I have created all my reports through Data Environment where I have
entered the location of my database file (for e.g c:\project\app\test.mdb)
in the Connection properties.
I have installed my application on another PC using Package & Deployment
wizard.
When viewing the reports on the other PC, I have to enter everytime the
new location of the database.
How can I solve this problem, please?

-1
nadia
8/23/2004 9:14:29 AM
comp.basic.visual.database 1601 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

nadia wrote:
> HI,
> I have developped a program in Visual Basic 6.0 using MS Access database.
> I have created all my reports through Data Environment where I have
> entered the location of my database file (for e.g c:\project\app\test.mdb)
> in the Connection properties.
> I have installed my application on another PC using Package & Deployment
> wizard.
> When viewing the reports on the other PC, I have to enter everytime the
> new location of the database.
> How can I solve this problem, please?

Nadia,

Presumably you have the location of the database stored in a var so that the application can connect when it is deployed.

When you call your report, have the calling code assign the contents of this variable to the Connection property. You don't say what ver or type of report writer you are using, and whether the report will stand alone or if it is embedded - exact methods of passing this value vary.

HTH - Miles
-1
Miles