HI,
I have developped a program in Visual Basic 6.0 using MS Access database.
I have created all my reports through Data Environment where I have
entered the location of my database file (for e.g c:\project\app\test.mdb)
in the Connection properties.
I have installed my application on another PC using Package & Deployment
wizard.
When viewing the reports on the other PC, I have to enter everytime the
new location of the database.
How can I solve this problem, please?

-1
nadia
8/23/2004 9:14:29 AM
comp.basic.visual.database 1601 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

nadia wrote:
> HI,
> I have developped a program in Visual Basic 6.0 using MS Access database.
> I have created all my reports through Data Environment where I have
> entered the location of my database file (for e.g c:\project\app\test.mdb)
> in the Connection properties.
> I have installed my application on another PC using Package & Deployment
> wizard.
> When viewing the reports on the other PC, I have to enter everytime the
> new location of the database.
> How can I solve this problem, please?

Nadia,

Presumably you have the location of the database stored in a var so that the application can connect when it is deployed.

When you call your report, have the calling code assign the contents of this variable to the Connection property. You don't say what ver or type of report writer you are using, and whether the report will stand alone or if it is embedded - exact methods of passing this value vary.

HTH - Miles
-1
Miles

Connecting to MS-Access database through visual basic
Hi, I am trying to browse a recordset using bound controls using VB 6.0. I am using Windows XP operating system. to this end i created a form in vb and try to link it to MS-Access database. when i give the path of database(.mdb) file, to link to the database, it gives an error saying unrecognised database format. any thoughts on why this is happening? any help is greatly appreciated. thanx in advance. i think u dont have latest latest Access drivers installed, and trying to access a newer version of Access database than VB (odbc) supports. Khurram ...

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadl...

Accessing linked tables in MS Access database using JDBC ODBC Bridge
Does anyone know if JDBC can access linked tables in a Microsoft Access? We have a Mictosoft Access database that contains linked tables that are physically on a network drive. On a windows machine, We set up a java servlet that uses JDBC to connect to a microsoft access database using a DSN name set up in the ODBC administrator. We are able to run a query using a table that is physically on the database but not on tables linked into the database. The linked tables are comng from another Microsoft Access database on a mapped network drive. The java servlet and the database contain...

Accessing linked tables in MS Access database using JDBC ODBC Bridge #2
Does anyone know if JDBC can access linked tables in a Microsoft Access? We have a Mictosoft Access database that contains linked tables that are physically on a network drive. On a windows machine, We set up a java servlet that uses JDBC to connect to a microsoft access database using a DSN name set up in the ODBC administrator. We are able to run a query using a table that is physically on the database but not on tables linked into the database. The linked tables are comng from another Microsoft Access database on a mapped network drive. The java servlet and the database contain...

how to access data iin a MS Excel file using database components?
Can we read data in columns from an MS Excel file? It is possible to use the usual database components in the Delphi palete to read data in an excel file? but how? ...

Using xtopdf and pypyodbc to publish MS Access database data to PDF
Wrote a program that lets you publish your MS Access database data to PDF, = using Python, ReportLab, xtopdf (my toolkit) and pypyodbc. Sharing it here. Link: http://jugad2.blogspot.in/2013/04/using-xtopdf-and-pypyodbc-to-publish-ms.h= tml Note: Saw some comments about my blog post on the Python Reddit, which made= me realize that I had not explained that similar code can be used to publi= sh data from any ODBC database (for which you have an ODBC driver, and whic= h is supported by pypyodbc), to PDF. All you have to do is change the conne= ction string in the code, and ma...

Open Access Database Form from within Access database
I have included the following code to open an Access database form from within an exsisting Access database. But when I run the code, it appears that it opens the database because in windows explorer I can see the database has the .ldb file extension. So it appears that it's open, but I can't see the database or the form that I've tried to open. What am I doing wrong. The following is the code: 'This is in the declaration part of the module Dim appAccess As Access.Application ' Initialize string to database path. Const strConPathToSamples = "C:\Documents a...

Accessing BTrieve database from Visual C++/Visual Basic
Hi! I have been looking on the pervasive website but things don't get really clear to me. Does anybody know how to access a betrieve database from either Visual Basic or from Visual C++? Is there some sort of ODBC driver or anything alike? Do you know where to get it and if it is free or needs to be payed for? I'm looking for this because we use a product in our clinic that makes use of a BTrieve database from which we would like to query some information that we would like to use in some other system. If we can access the BTrieve database we are able to treat our patient be...

Can I update a MS Access 2002 database with Visual Basic .net 2003 Standard Editon?
I am considering purchasing Visual Basic .net 2003 Standard Editon to do some development work with Web Forms and I need to know whether this edit will allow me to update an Access database (mdb) file. I already have a database which is updated through an Access front-end, I want to update the database through web forms, is this possible? what are the benefits of going for the Professional Verion of Visual Studio instead? Cheers, In VB.Net you'd use the ADO.Net objects to update the database. Visual Studio.Net is just another Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool. It has the added ...

How to use Visual Query Builder (Toolboxes > Database)? Trying to get data from Excel & Access.
So, I’ve been trying to work with the Visual Query Builder (Toolboxes > Database) for some time now. I’m making zero progress here. I’m trying to import some data from MS Access; simple. In the Visual Query Builder GUI, I click ‘MS Access Database’ and immediately a window pops open and it reads ‘Datasource’. This Window wants me to input a UserName & Password. Well, I don’t have either of these. All I’m doing is trying to import data from a small Access DB, with no UserName or Password whatsoever. Instead of clicking ‘MS Access Database’, if I click ‘Excel Files’, I get exactl...

This is the code that I found on the internet for accessing an ms access database: import java.sql.*; class Test { public static void main(String[] args) { try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); // set this to a MS Access DB you have on your machine String filename = "d:/java/mdbTEST.mdb"; String database = "jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ="; database+= filename.trim() + ";DriverID=22;READONLY=true}"; // add on to the end ...

access to MS Access password-protected database?
Can anyone direct me towards a code snippet showing how to use Python to insert data into a password-protected MS Access database? My google searches have been uninformative for dbs that are password-protected. Thanks, Ken On Feb 11, 10:43=A0am, Ken McDonald <kmmcdon...@medicine.wisc.edu> wrote: > Can anyone direct me towards a code snippet showing how to use Python =A0 > to insert data into a password-protected MS Access database? My google = =A0 > searches have been uninformative for dbs that are password-protected. > > Thanks, > Ken You post is a little vague...

Web resources about - Accessing MS ACCESS database using Data Environment - comp.basic.visual.database

Environment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jarryd Hayne excelled in a 'dysfunctional' environment at San Francisco 49ers, says agent
... agent Jack Bechta says his client exceeded expectations in his first season in the NFL, doing so in what he described as a dysfunctional environment ...

Wambo Coal mine in Hunter investigated by Environment Protection Authority over dam wall collapse
Environmental regulators are demanding coal mining giant Peabody Energy explain how a dam wall at a Hunter Valley mine collapsed amid heavy rain ...

Catherine McKenna, Environment Minister, Turns Off Her Phone For Family 10
"I had to figure out how I could carve out the time that was important to me." As Canada's minister of environment and climate change and MP ...

2015 Cisco Corporate Social Responsibility Report: Environment
3BL Media (press release) 2015 Cisco Corporate Social Responsibility Report: Environment 3BL Media (press release) Cisco Corporate Social ...

First Alert unveils HomeKit-enabled safe, environment monitor, and thermostat coming this year
... its OneLink Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detector , and this year it’s building on that announcement with a new HomeKit-enabled safe, an environment ...

Bill Gross on China, Secular Stagnation, and the Highly Leveraged "Negative Carry" Environment
... that led to Gross' ouster at PIMCO, and caused a huge amount of grief for value investors. Now, in search of yield, in a decreasing yield environment, ...

Arista Enhances EOS Network OS for Cloud Environments
The company is bringing container support and expanded network-wide database capabilities to the upgraded operating system.

Alpha Opportunities In A Sluggish Return Environment
The global economic environment presents new challenges for investors across the board. Public and private pension plans, consultants, Wall Street ...

Teddy Roosevelt’s Badlands ranch at center of mining vs. environment battle
Teddy Roosevelt’s Badlands ranch at center of mining vs.