Any one can help me : how can convert Access database to SQL Server's database?

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C39D9D.2C554D40

hi:=20
i want use vb 6 to design a interface connecting behind a batabase file, =
i had a ready-made Access database file: **.mdb, now the problem is how =
i can directly use parts of the database to convert to SQL server's =
database ? and how i can conneting the interface to the SQL server =
database? if it were difficult, how i could conneting the my vb =
interface to Access database.

thank you for your help or any solutions!

28/10/2003
------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C39D9D.2C554D40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>hi: </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>i&nbsp;want use vb 6 to design&nbsp;a =
interface=20
connecting behind a batabase file, i had a ready-made Access =
database&nbsp;file:=20
**.mdb,&nbsp;now the&nbsp;problem is how i can directly use parts of the =

database to convert to SQL server's database ? and how i can conneting =
the=20
interface to the SQL server database? if it&nbsp;were difficult, how i =
could=20
conneting the my vb interface to Access database.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thank you for your help or any=20
solutions!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>28/10/2003</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C39D9D.2C554D40--

0
baochun
10/29/2003 5:48:07 AM
comp.basic.visual.database 1601 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C39D52.0E4C5AF0

To convert/transfer Access database to a database in SQL Server is =
fairly easy, but the tansition of entire application (front end + =
database) may not be that easy, depending upon how your app is designed.

To simply transfer Access database to SQL Server, if you use Access2K or =
later, it comes with "Upsizing Wizard" (menu "Tools->Database =
Utilities->Upsizing Wizard...". It is specially designed to transfer =
Access database to a SQL Server database. After running the Wizard, you =
then open the database in Sql Sever's Enterprise Manager/Access Project =
to examine whether the transition is OK. You may have to recreate =
Primary Key/Foreign Keys in tables and re-establish relationships =
between tables. Also, queries in Access database are not created in SQL =
Server database as Views or Stored Procedures.

Simply use different ConnectionString to connect to corresponding =
database. But to make a front end work on different type of db is more =
complicated thing.
  "baochun" <luanbc@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message =
  hi:=20
  i want use vb 6 to design a interface connecting behind a batabase =
file, i had a ready-made Access database file: **.mdb, now the problem =
is how i can directly use parts of the database to convert to SQL =
server's database ? and how i can conneting the interface to the SQL =
server database? if it were difficult, how i could conneting the my vb =
interface to Access database.

  thank you for your help or any solutions!

  28/10/2003
------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C39D52.0E4C5AF0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>To convert/transfer Access database to =
a database=20
in SQL Server is fairly easy, but the tansition of entire application =
(front end=20
+ database) may not be that easy, depending upon how your app is=20
designed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>To simply transfer Access database to =
SQL Server,=20
if you use Access2K or later, it comes with "Upsizing Wizard" (menu=20
"Tools-&gt;Database Utilities-&gt;Upsizing Wizard...". It is specially =
designed=20
to transfer Access database to a SQL Server database. After running the =
Wizard,=20
you&nbsp;then open the database in Sql Sever's Enterprise Manager/Access =
Project=20
to examine whether the transition is OK. You may have to recreate =
Primary=20
Key/Foreign Keys in tables and re-establish relationships between =
tables. Also,=20
queries in Access database are not created in SQL Server database as =
Views or=20
Stored Procedures.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Simply use different ConnectionString =
to connect to=20
corresponding database. But to make a front end work on different type =
of db is=20
more complicated thing.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"baochun" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:luanbc@singnet.com.sg">luanbc@singnet.com.sg</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:bnlu7p$mbk$1@mawar.singnet.com.sg">news:bnlu7p$mbk$1@mawar.s=
ingnet.com.sg</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>hi: </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>i&nbsp;want use vb 6 to design&nbsp;a =
interface=20
  connecting behind a batabase file, i had a ready-made Access=20
  database&nbsp;file: **.mdb,&nbsp;now the&nbsp;problem is how i can =
directly=20
  use parts of the database to convert to SQL server's database ? and =
how i can=20
  conneting the interface to the SQL server database? if it&nbsp;were =
difficult,=20
  how i could conneting the my vb interface to Access =
database.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thank you for your help or any=20
  solutions!</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>28/10/2003</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C39D52.0E4C5AF0--

0
Norman
10/28/2003 8:50:24 PM
In SQL Server, use the Enterprise Manger to create a blank database
with the appropriate name. Then you can import the data from the
Access database. Right click on your new database name, and then go to
All Tasks>Import Data and follow the instructions

"baochun" <luanbc@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:<bnlu7p$mbk$1@mawar.singnet.com.sg>...
> hi:
> i want use vb 6 to design a interface connecting behind a batabase file,
> i had a ready-made Access database file: **.mdb, now the problem is how
> i can directly use parts of the database to convert to SQL server's
> database ? and how i can conneting the interface to the SQL server
> database? if it were difficult, how i could conneting the my vb
> interface to Access database.
>
> thank you for your help or any solutions!
>
> 28/10/2003
> --
0
noreply

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

SQL Server 2000 database connection problems: Can ANY one help?
Environment: SQL Server 2000, Windows 2000, Eclipse, and Microsoft's SQL Server 2000 driver for JDBC Problem: Connection to any table in my SQL 2000 database hangs. If I stop it, it produces the following exception: com.sun.jdi.VMDisconnectedException: Got IOException from Virtual Machine at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.PacketReceiveManager.getReply(PacketReceive Manager.java(Compiled Code)) at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.PacketReceiveManager.getReply(PacketReceive Manager.java:137) at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.MirrorImpl.requestVM(MirrorImpl.java:168) at org.ecl...

Can't read/write timestamp fields from/to a SQL Server database, please help
How do I manage a timestamp (or datetime) field in a SQL Server database? The timestamp type only works with MySQL but not with SQL. Is this a wx bug? Date/time fields are very common in databases, nobody has the same problem with a SQL table? Alfonso --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org ...

How can I backup database from database itself
Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the database? I would like user to be able to create a backup from database itself, and not by telnetting to server and typing 'pg_dump' or 'pg_dumpall'. Tnx in advance Dragan ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 13:56:58 +0200, Dragan Matic <mlists@panforma.co.yu> wrote: > Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the > database...

How can I backup database from database itself
Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the database? I would like user to be able to create a backup from database itself, and not by telnetting to server and typing 'pg_dump' or 'pg_dumpall'. Tnx in advance Dragan ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 13:56:58 +0200, Dragan Matic <mlists@panforma.co.yu> wrote: > Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the > database...

Can I use an O8 database as a transit database between a O9 and an O7 database?
Hi all, We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do an insert from the O9 database over a database link into the O7 datawarehouse database, but this is not supported. Then I did the following: - create a dblink in the O9 database to a O8 database - create a dblink in the O8 database to the O7 data...

How many times can we see the same request from someone who wants to access data from a 'pick' database through what has come to be 'standard' practices (odbc, oledb) and still get the same old sloppy ' buy this proprietary utility (and above all, my services)' answer. I think most of these pick flavors should have some sort of layer (by now!) to handle this; If someone needs to do this, the service is really 'education' i.e to show them how. Lets cut the shit now and stop with this tired and silly BS and sad marketing schlock. Regards, -Jim ...

Web resources about - Any one can help me : how can convert Access database to SQL Server's database? - comp.basic.visual.database