Creating a Telnet form in Access

I need help with creating a Telnet form in Access 2002.  We currently
use a telnet program to access data on our main host system.  We have
created an access data base work through accounts in this system, but
we also have to have our telnet session up to input data back into the
host system.  I was hopeing to put a telnet form inside this access
database so we dont have to have another program running with the
telnet session.  Everything needed will be included in the Access
database including the telnet session.  If anybody could with some
sample code or somehting to get this done.

0
mike11d11
7/21/2006 3:18:03 PM
comp.basic.visual.database 1601 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"mike11d11" <mike11d11@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I need help with creating a Telnet form in Access 2002.  We currently
> use a telnet program to access data on our main host system.  We have
> created an access data base work through accounts in this system, but
> we also have to have our telnet session up to input data back into the
> host system.  I was hopeing to put a telnet form inside this access
> database so we dont have to have another program running with the
> telnet session.  Everything needed will be included in the Access
> database including the telnet session.  If anybody could with some
> sample code or somehting to get this done.

Consider that you can always utilize and communicate with an ActiveX
component from VBA/MSAccess code.

-ralph

0
Ralph
7/21/2006 5:47:13 PM
mike11d11 wrote:
> I need help with creating a Telnet form in Access 2002.  We currently
> use a telnet program to access data on our main host system.  We have
> created an access data base work through accounts in this system, but
> we also have to have our telnet session up to input data back into the
> host system.  I was hopeing to put a telnet form inside this access
> database so we dont have to have another program running with the
> telnet session.  Everything needed will be included in the Access
> database including the telnet session.  If anybody could with some
> sample code or somehting to get this done.

ActiveX? Only as the *very* last resort.  Did you look at
www.mvps.org/vbnet?  I'm absolutely sure Randy has Telnet stuff there.
Free code.  Hands down the best VB website out there.

0
pietlinden

Accessing BTrieve database from Visual C++/Visual Basic
Hi! I have been looking on the pervasive website but things don't get really clear to me. Does anybody know how to access a betrieve database from either Visual Basic or from Visual C++? Is there some sort of ODBC driver or anything alike? Do you know where to get it and if it is free or needs to be payed for? I'm looking for this because we use a product in our clinic that makes use of a BTrieve database from which we would like to query some information that we would like to use in some other system. If we can access the BTrieve database we are able to treat our patient be...

Accessing data from one form from main form in Visual Basic 6
How do I extract data from a form into the main form for processing? For instance, I have several image files in a form called images(images.frm), indexed from 0 to 99, and I want to import these into a variable array in my main form, main (form1.frm). How do I code a control to get these images into an array in my main form from the images.frm? TIA JC wrote: > How do I extract data from a form into the main form for > processing? For instance, I have several image files in a > form called images(images.frm), indexed from 0 to 99, and > I want to import these into a variable...

Accessing data from one form from main form in Visual Basic 6
How do I extract data from a form into the main form for processing? For instance, I have several image files in a form called images(images.frm), indexed from 0 to 99, and I want to import these into a variable array in my main form, main (form1.frm). How do I code a control to get these images into an array in my main form from the images.frm? TIA "JC" <not_clancy1965@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<bklrfm$pmq$1@sun-news.laserlink.net>... > How do I extract data from a form into the main form for processing? For > instance, I have several image files in a...

Which is more efficient and user-friendly: Using forms for the databases through Access or through forms created in VB?
I'm creating an info tracking database for the teacher education division for a local college. I've created the database in Access 2000, but I have created forms for the database in VB 6.0. Now, I'm thinking whether it will be more efficient to do it this way. I'm helping a friend with her regular classwork in Access, and one of her current classwork projects is creating forms in Access to display data. As I watch her, I'm thinking back to my project and wondering if I should've done the forms in Access instead. My reason for creating the forms in VB is to h...

accdw database created in Access 2010 does not automatically display startup form in Access 2013
My accdw database created in Access 2010 does not automatically display startup form in Access 2013. This is an Access database with tables stored on Sharepoint 2010. The accdw gets locally hydrated (i.e. stored locally) with automatic updates to Sharepoint tables. Works slick for multiple geographically distributed users sharing a common set of Access tables (stored via Sharepoint). It works fine with the startup form displaying at startup in Access 2010. suggestions? bob On 22/02/2013 17:46:36, BobAlston wrote: > My accdw database created in Access 2010 does not a...

Open Access Database Form from within Access database
I have included the following code to open an Access database form from within an exsisting Access database. But when I run the code, it appears that it opens the database because in windows explorer I can see the database has the .ldb file extension. So it appears that it's open, but I can't see the database or the form that I've tried to open. What am I doing wrong. The following is the code: 'This is in the declaration part of the module Dim appAccess As Access.Application ' Initialize string to database path. Const strConPathToSamples = "C:\Documents a...

Creating telnet form in Access
Could anybody give me a sample of code or somehting to help create a form that would display a telnet session within Access 2002. mike11d11 wrote: > Could anybody give me a sample of code or somehting to help create a > form that would display a telnet session within Access 2002. > Perhaps these code samples will help you on your way... http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/BrowseCategoryOrSearchResults.asp?txtCriteria=telnet&blnWorldDropDownUsed=TRUE&txtMaxNumberOfEntriesPerPage=10&blnResetAllVariables=TRUE&lngWId=1&B1=Quick+Search&optSort=Alphabet...

Import forms from Visual Basic into Access
Hello Can anybody tell me, whether it is possible to import (simple) forms from Visual Basic into Access? Thanks a lot. Beat I haven't seen any tools that can do this. Most tools try to go the other way. Sorry. ...

Connecting to MS-Access database through visual basic
Hi, I am trying to browse a recordset using bound controls using VB 6.0. I am using Windows XP operating system. to this end i created a form in vb and try to link it to MS-Access database. when i give the path of database(.mdb) file, to link to the database, it gives an error saying unrecognised database format. any thoughts on why this is happening? any help is greatly appreciated. thanx in advance. i think u dont have latest latest Access drivers installed, and trying to access a newer version of Access database than VB (odbc) supports. Khurram ...

ado recordset in visual basic database access
Hi: I am trying to access my access database by using visual basic 6.0. I want to use recordset method to get data from query. I can get connection established, but I get error in further debugging with message "arguments are of the wrong type, are out of the acceptable range, are in conflict with one another". Anyone can help me out, Below is my current code Option Explicit Sub Main() Call Upload_User_Attribute End Sub Public Function Upload_User_Attribute() Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection Dim cmd As New ADODB.Command Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Dim sConnString...

ado recordset in visual basic database access
Hi: I am trying to access my access database by using visual basic 6.0. I want to use recordset method to get data from query. I can get connection established, but I get error in further debugging with message "arguments are of the wrong type, are out of the acceptable range, are in conflict with one another". Anyone can help me out, Below is my current code Option Explicit Sub Main() Call Upload_User_Attribute End Sub Public Function Upload_User_Attribute() Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection Dim cmd As New ADODB.Command Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Dim sConnString As String Dim iCtr ...

ado recordset in visual basic database access #2
Thanks for your time, I used your code, however, It still has bug, so far, I can debug all the way down to --strPN =3D rs("PersonnnelNumber").Value & "" Then it raise error again, saying "run time error 3265" Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal do you have any idea, thanks in advance Try this (air-code): '----------------------Start Code----------------------- Public Function Upload_User_Attribute() Dim conn As ADODB.Connection Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Dim sConnString As String Dim strPN As String ...

Print MS Access report form visual basic
Hi , please can you tell how i can print an MS ACCESS Report form visual basic, i ned a sample code .. Thanks This question has been ansered in variuos VB NG for many, many times over many years. If you do a Google search comp.lang.basic.* or miscrosoft.public.vb.*, you could get scores of post regarding this topic. Anyways, here is the hint: 1. Set reference to Access Object Library in your VB project. (that means, your app will need Access installed to run this functionality); 2. Launch Access from your code by creating Access.Application object: Dim acApp As Access.Application Set...

Creating a database for use with a Visual Basic 6 program ?
It's been a while since I wrote a program in VB6. Is there a way of creating an Access type database in VB6 without having to use the Microsoft Access program? I'm using MS Office 2003 and I find that if I create a database using MS Access 2003 then VB6 won't accept the database. I get a 'unrecongnized database format' error. This is the code I'm using: Private Sub Form_Load() Dim db As Database Dim rs As Recordset Set db = OpenDatabase("I:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\ProgDB\progDB.mdb") Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("progs") ...

Web resources about - Creating a Telnet form in Access - comp.basic.visual.database

Wikipedia:Creating a bot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is often far simpler to request a bot job from an existing bot. If you have only periodic requests or are uncomfortable with programming languages, ...

Sandi Krakowski’s Tips for Creating Great Content
Quick tips to help you create great content for your business.

Bug - Creating a Video.Watches Action stopped working - Facebook-Entwickler
Since today executing a POST on a me/video.wacthes endpoints no longer works, it was working around 10 hours ago since then the call always returns ...

Facebook simplifies process for creating repeat events
Facebook introduced a new feature for events this week that allows users to quickly create a similar event as one they previously hosted or attended. ...

The Obama campaign won by creating their own Facebook, with unique features for political campaigns.
... seen as too dangerous to nominate someone who is so thoroughly narcissistic, arrogant and dishonest. The Obama campaign won basically by creating ...

Creating A Road Map To Market Your Startup
Spreading the word can be challenging when you’re new to an industry, don’t have a big budget, and have little helpbut it’s possible.You’ll need ...

Dance Machine - The Fun Video Editor for Creating Music Videos to share on Instagram, Facebook, Vine ...
Get Dance Machine - The Fun Video Editor for Creating Music Videos to share on Instagram, Facebook, Vine, and Twitter on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Creating Economic Dynamism: Joseph E. Stiglitz
DAVOS/SWITZERLAND, 25JAN13 - Joseph E. Stiglitz, Professor, Columbia University, USA talks during the session 'Creating Economic Dynamism' at ...

YouTube - Super Human Abilities: Tila Tequila Creating Energy Balls & Electricity Out of Thin Air!
Veröffentlicht am 24.04.2013 Hey Guys! For a long time now I have been able to do some pretty supernatural things that most would consider "SUPER ...