How can i find words from database?if the database is so big?it can reduce the speed?

Please say me if the size of database become big what happen itcan reduce the speed
0
mbzala
6/14/2004 7:08:08 AM
comp.basic.visual.database 1601 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

- Compact the Database
- Create proper Indexes
- Make sure the database is Normalized

Again, You need to post what Database you are using...

--
Chris Hanscom
MVP (Visual Basic)

"mit" <mbzala@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Please say me if the size of database become big what happen itcan reduce
the speed

0
Veign

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

How can I backup database from database itself
Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the database? I would like user to be able to create a backup from database itself, and not by telnetting to server and typing 'pg_dump' or 'pg_dumpall'. Tnx in advance Dragan ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 13:56:58 +0200, Dragan Matic <mlists@panforma.co.yu> wrote: > Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the > database...

How can I backup database from database itself
Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the database? I would like user to be able to create a backup from database itself, and not by telnetting to server and typing 'pg_dump' or 'pg_dumpall'. Tnx in advance Dragan ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 13:56:58 +0200, Dragan Matic <mlists@panforma.co.yu> wrote: > Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the > database...

Can I use an O8 database as a transit database between a O9 and an O7 database?
Hi all, We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do an insert from the O9 database over a database link into the O7 datawarehouse database, but this is not supported. Then I did the following: - create a dblink in the O9 database to a O8 database - create a dblink in the O8 database to the O7 data...

How many times can we see the same request from someone who wants to access data from a 'pick' database through what has come to be 'standard' practices (odbc, oledb) and still get the same old sloppy ' buy this proprietary utility (and above all, my services)' answer. I think most of these pick flavors should have some sort of layer (by now!) to handle this; If someone needs to do this, the service is really 'education' i.e to show them how. Lets cut the shit now and stop with this tired and silly BS and sad marketing schlock. Regards, -Jim ...

Any one can help me : how can convert Access database to SQL Server's database?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C39D9D.2C554D40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hi:=20 i want use vb 6 to design a interface connecting behind a batabase file, = i had a ready-made Access database file: **.mdb, now the problem is how = i can directly use parts of the database to convert to SQL server's = database ? and how i can conneting the interface to the SQL server = database? if it were difficult, how i could conneting the my vb = interface to Access database....

Web resources about - How can i find words from database?if the database is so big?it can reduce the speed? - comp.basic.visual.database

IObit Driver Booster debuts new fix-it tool, widens driver update database
... The update also includes various optimizations to improve user experience, performance and stability, plus widens the tool’s driver database ...

Top US School District Switches to Rimini Street for Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite Support ...
Douglas County School District using savings from Rimini Street independent support to develop district-wide data visualization capabilities ...

18 million targeted voter records exposed by database error
A second database containing voter records has been exposed due to a configuration error. While the first held records that some dismissed inconsequential ...

Former Ohio cop uses cop database to stalk victim
... stalked her like an average person would, but stalked her in the way that only a police officer could: he stalked her utilizing a police database ...