how can i manage database on lan base[network base]software

hi
my self avi
currently i am developing one application in vb 6 and back end as
sqlserver 7 which is used on lan.
i have some problem. like in my database i have one table salesvoucher
which has 'voucherno' field. when 2-3 user will work on salesform at a
time [since the softwrae will run on lan] then the same voucherno will
save for all users data which is wrong i need to save different voucherno
for each no. is there any way in sqlserver to apply some condition on
database or to set some its property[tables] so that at a time only one
users data will save depend on firstcome first serve base or is there any
way to make changes in programme.
 plz help me regarding this i need it very badly.
since its my first lan based software plz give me some books name
regarding this software for vb6 and sqlserver7

0
avinash
10/11/2004 5:31:56 AM
comp.basic.visual.database 1601 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

avinash wrote:

> hi
> my self avi
> currently i am developing one application in vb 6 and back end as
> sqlserver 7 which is used on lan.
> i have some problem. like in my database i have one table salesvoucher
> which has 'voucherno' field. when 2-3 user will work on salesform at a
> time [since the softwrae will run on lan] then the same voucherno will
> save for all users data which is wrong i need to save different voucherno
> for each no. is there any way in sqlserver to apply some condition on
> database or to set some its property[tables] so that at a time only one
> users data will save depend on firstcome first serve base or is there any
> way to make changes in programme.
>  plz help me regarding this i need it very badly.
> since its my first lan based software plz give me some books name
> regarding this software for vb6 and sqlserver7

Set up your database with an 'autoincrement' field
for voucherno. When each user creates a salesform,
create a new record in the database. Each will then
have a unique voucherno. If a user cancels entry,
delete the record.
0
Randy
10/11/2004 6:02:10 AM
How to set up the database with an autoincrement file. Then what coding to
put in the VB VoucherNo Field.

0
yaw8233

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Can I create a file-based standby database for a RAC database on raw device?
RDBMS Version: 9.2.0.5 Operating System and Version: Solaris 8 Error Number (if applicable): Product (i.e. SQL*Loader, Import, etc.): Data Guard Product Version: 9.2.0.5 Can I create a file-based standby database for a RAC database on raw device? We want to setup a disaster recovery site for a RAC database on raw device. For reducing the work of configurations, we consider to use a file-based datbase as the remote standby database. Is there any problem or compatible issue to do this ? Regards, William On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 05:28:55 +0200, William wrote (in article <544e016e.0409291928...

How many times can we see the same request from someone who wants to access data from a 'pick' database through what has come to be 'standard' practices (odbc, oledb) and still get the same old sloppy ' buy this proprietary utility (and above all, my services)' answer. I think most of these pick flavors should have some sort of layer (by now!) to handle this; If someone needs to do this, the service is really 'education' i.e to show them how. Lets cut the shit now and stop with this tired and silly BS and sad marketing schlock. Regards, -Jim ...

[News] Databases Based on Free Software Challenges Oracle, CMS Space Already Dominated by Free Software

Web resources about - how can i manage database on lan base[network base]software - comp.basic.visual.database

Report: Base Pay For Facebook Software Engineers Second Behind Google
... to social jobs and career community Glassdoor , Facebook was No. 2 on a list of 15 tech companies in terms of average base salary for software ...

IBM Will Base Software Price on Processor Performance
IBM plans one day to charge for its software based on how fast it runs, not the number of processor ...

ProProfs Knowledge Base Software - ProgrammableWeb
... procedures and documents from a centralized location. A mashup that helps to create knowledge content is the ProProfs Knowledge Base Software. ...

BlackBerry to buy messaging alerts firm AtHoc to expand software base
... said on Wednesday it is buying privately-held AtHoc, a provider of secure, networked crisis communications, as it moves to broaden its software ...

Take Control News - How Powerline Adapters and a Software Base Station Vastly Improved a Home Network ...
This comment from a reader named Ken is a nice example of how the information in this ebook can be put to work. It has been edited for size. ...

BlackBerry to buy messaging alerts firm AtHoc to expand software base
... communications, as it moves to broaden its software offering and generate revenue from its BBM messaging service. San Mateo, California-based ...

A little Prezi for you: Drew Banks tells how the presentation software startup grew to a user base of ...
When Drew Banks joined Hungarian-founded startup Prezi in 2011, as its first non-founding director, the cloud-based presentation software startup ...

Report: Base Pay For Facebook Software Engineers Second Behind Google - SocialTimes
... to social jobs and career community Glassdoor , Facebook was No. 2 on a list of 15 tech companies in terms of average base salary for software ...

The Bronx Academy Of Software Engineering (BASE)
Last Thursday morning, I took the Lexington line (4 train) up to Fordham Road in the Bronx, then transferred to the Bx12 bus for a few stops ...

EMC plots software-defined data center journey from ViPR storage virtualization base
Unless you’ve not been paying attention over the last year, you’ve heard a lot about software-defined data centers . Nearly every legacy and ...