how to access MS data access 2.7 sdk ???

I keep getting the following when trying to create a connection to a
database :

Error: User defined type not declared .

The declaration it is complaining about is :  c1 As ADODB.Connecton

I'm re-entering this mess from a couple of years ago, and just want to
connect to a DB2 v8.1 database from a VB app.  Any suggestions, code
examples, etc., would be appreciated.

Mairhtin O'Feannag

mairhtin at techsolutionsgroupllc dot com  ...
0
mairhtin
5/24/2004 8:31:01 PM
comp.basic.visual.database 1601 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 24 May 2004 13:31:01 -0700, in comp.lang.basic.visual.database you
wrote:

>I keep getting the following when trying to create a connection to a
>database :
>
>Error: User defined type not declared .
>
> The declaration it is complaining about is :  c1 As ADODB.Connecton

Are you using Visual Basic 6.0 or .NET or MS Word?

In VB6, make sure you have Microsoft Active Data Objects 2.1 or higher
installed. You can get the current version from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/Default.aspx, see "MDAC downloads".
Then, use Project.References to add the reference.

Hope this helps.
_______________________
Michael B. Johnson
0
Michael

Hi, I have an application with MS-Access as backend and JSP/ tomcat as frontend/webserver. For getting better response time(as access is very slow compared to other RDBMS's), I have split the main DB into two DB's on different disks on my server for better performance.I have kept the table names same but changed the DB names. How do I access tables from both the DB's? This is what I have done; I made different connection to the respective DB's i.e. con and con2. When I want to access data, I am using 2 result sets for retriving data from the tables, but getting no re...

Connecting to MS-Access database through visual basic
Hi, I am trying to browse a recordset using bound controls using VB 6.0. I am using Windows XP operating system. to this end i created a form in vb and try to link it to MS-Access database. when i give the path of database(.mdb) file, to link to the database, it gives an error saying unrecognised database format. any thoughts on why this is happening? any help is greatly appreciated. thanx in advance. i think u dont have latest latest Access drivers installed, and trying to access a newer version of Access database than VB (odbc) supports. Khurram ...

Can anybody give me some code that I can put in to my VB6 app to open a passworded Access database in the Crystal Reports 8.5 RDC? I see so many examples - none of which seem to work for me. I am using a native connection in Crystal ( pdbdao.dll). My current code is : Dim Report As New crPrintPreview Dim crTable As CRAXDRT.DatabaseTable Private Sub Form_Load() Set crTable = Report.Database.Tables.Item(1) varpath = CurDir crTable.Location = varpath & "\OrderManager.mdb" CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report CRViewer1.ViewReport End Sub All I receive is the message "Error o...

ado recordset in visual basic database access #2
Thanks for your time, I used your code, however, It still has bug, so far, I can debug all the way down to --strPN =3D rs("PersonnnelNumber").Value & "" Then it raise error again, saying "run time error 3265" Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal do you have any idea, thanks in advance Try this (air-code): '----------------------Start Code----------------------- Public Function Upload_User_Attribute() Dim conn As ADODB.Connection Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Dim sConnString As String Dim strPN As String ...

Accessing linked tables in MS Access database using JDBC ODBC Bridge #2
Does anyone know if JDBC can access linked tables in a Microsoft Access? We have a Mictosoft Access database that contains linked tables that are physically on a network drive. On a windows machine, We set up a java servlet that uses JDBC to connect to a microsoft access database using a DSN name set up in the ODBC administrator. We are able to run a query using a table that is physically on the database but not on tables linked into the database. The linked tables are comng from another Microsoft Access database on a mapped network drive. The java servlet and the database contain...

ms access data access pages
hi my self uttam . i am working in r & d organization . friends i need a he lp from u . if any one of u know how add two sections(consisting of caption, header, footer ) be displayed on the same data page in ms access 2003 or 2005.i tried to display two tables on the data page in tabular format but i could not do it. it is allowing to display one table but it is not allowing to display the other table separately in tabular format . i want more than one table in tabular format to be dispalyed in data page separately with some text in-between tables. plz rep...

How can I access data from MS Access?
How to access data from MS Access? I tried ADOdb for Python but it doesn't seems to work. Even the official examples dont work, like this one: import adodb conn = adodb.NewADOConnection('access') # mxodbc required dsn = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=d:\\inetpub\\adodb\ \northwind.mdb;" conn.Connect(dsn) (I have downloaded mxodbc, but still it doesn't works) On Feb 3, 10:27 pm, Bruno Desthuilliers <bdesth.quelquech...@free.quelquepart.fr> wrote: > Finger.Octo...@gmail.com a =E9crit :> How to access data from MS Access? = I tried ADOdb ...

Accessing BTrieve database from Visual C++/Visual Basic
Hi! I have been looking on the pervasive website but things don't get really clear to me. Does anybody know how to access a betrieve database from either Visual Basic or from Visual C++? Is there some sort of ODBC driver or anything alike? Do you know where to get it and if it is free or needs to be payed for? I'm looking for this because we use a product in our clinic that makes use of a BTrieve database from which we would like to query some information that we would like to use in some other system. If we can access the BTrieve database we are able to treat our patient be...

Can I update a MS Access 2002 database with Visual Basic .net 2003 Standard Editon?
I am considering purchasing Visual Basic .net 2003 Standard Editon to do some development work with Web Forms and I need to know whether this edit will allow me to update an Access database (mdb) file. I already have a database which is updated through an Access front-end, I want to update the database through web forms, is this possible? what are the benefits of going for the Professional Verion of Visual Studio instead? Cheers, In VB.Net you'd use the ADO.Net objects to update the database. Visual Studio.Net is just another Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool. It has the added ...

Playing & recording WAVE-type sound in MS Access
I've followed the instructions found on Microsoft's site... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;149119&Product=acc97 Here are those instructions... To play and record sounds, follow these steps: Create the following new table in Design view: Table: Messages ----------------------- Field Name: Message Data Type: OLE Object Save the table as Messages, and then close the table. Create a new form in Design view based on the Messages table. Add the following controls to the form: Bound Object Frame: Name: Message ...

US-TX-Austin: Programmer/Analyst, MS Access, Visual Basic, Natural 2, PC-SAS; 1Y (45295832407)
US-TX-Austin: Programmer/Analyst, MS Access, Visual Basic, Natural 2, PC-SAS; 1Y (45295832407) ============================================================================================== Position: Programmer/Analyst Reference: SMC01317 Location: Austin TX Duration: 1Y Skills: 2yrs exp programming in MS Access within the past 5yrs. 2yrs exp in programming in Visual Basic for MS Office applications within the last 5yrs. BA or MA to include a minimum of 12hrs in computer science, information systems, and/or data pro...

Web resources about - how to access MS data access 2.7 sdk ??? - comp.basic.visual.database

Random-access memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Random access memory ( RAM ) is a form of computer data storage . A random access device allows stored data to be accessed in any order in very ...

Call for Queensland prisoners to have access to sex-change therapy
A Brisbane doctor has called for transgender prisoners to be able to start gender reassignment treatment while incarcerated.

ISPs try to kill open-access fiber network, avoid competition
... infrastructure and not the "last mile" fiber connections that extend to people's homes and businesses. This network would be open access, however, ...

Netflix starts to block proxy and VPN access
... has already started to impose new restrictions. Some Netflix customers in Autralia who are using the uFlix VPN have noticed that their access ...

Helping refugees access education and information
... at a university in Germany. As they make it through a dangerous journey, the first thing refugees need is to find shelter, food and access ...

Some of Microsoft's biggest customers haven't had access to email for 9 days
... however, as users reported outages on January 24. Microsoft said it had fixed that issue, too, but companies are still not able to access email. ...

No Hillary Clinton Red Meat In ‘Weiner’ Docu But Access Galore – Sundance
If you were looking for damning footage or other brickbats to toss at Hillary Clinton , the highly anticipated documentary Weiner – about the ...

U.S. Attorney Suggests Password Cardinals Used To Access Astros Scouting Database Was “Eckstein123"
Earlier this month, former Cardinals scouting director Christopher Correa plead guilty to five counts of unauthorized access to a computer for ...

EA's Origin Access available now in Europe
The PC variation of EA's subscription service, Origin Access, is now available in Europe. The service rolled out across North America on January ...

Frontier Fighting $72 Million Open Access West Virginia Network -
... is shockingly among the least connected states in the nation. To finally tackle this problem the state is considering a $72 million open access ...