MS Access-style Continuous Forms in VB

I've been developing an Access project but I've finally reached it's
limitations and have decided to move over to VB, however there is some
functionality that Access has that I am unable to recreate in VB.

In Access you can put a form in "Continuous Forms" mode and it will
create a form for every record and then allow you to scroll through
them pretty seamlessly. Anyone know how I can do this in VB?

0
jeremy
1/25/2005 4:57:18 PM
comp.basic.visual.database 1601 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Connecting to MS-Access database through visual basic
Hi, I am trying to browse a recordset using bound controls using VB 6.0. I am using Windows XP operating system. to this end i created a form in vb and try to link it to MS-Access database. when i give the path of database(.mdb) file, to link to the database, it gives an error saying unrecognised database format. any thoughts on why this is happening? any help is greatly appreciated. thanx in advance. i think u dont have latest latest Access drivers installed, and trying to access a newer version of Access database than VB (odbc) supports. Khurram ...

Print MS Access report form visual basic
Hi , please can you tell how i can print an MS ACCESS Report form visual basic, i ned a sample code .. Thanks This question has been ansered in variuos VB NG for many, many times over many years. If you do a Google search comp.lang.basic.* or miscrosoft.public.vb.*, you could get scores of post regarding this topic. Anyways, here is the hint: 1. Set reference to Access Object Library in your VB project. (that means, your app will need Access installed to run this functionality); 2. Launch Access from your code by creating Access.Application object: Dim acApp As Access.Application Set...

Can I update a MS Access 2002 database with Visual Basic .net 2003 Standard Editon?
I am considering purchasing Visual Basic .net 2003 Standard Editon to do some development work with Web Forms and I need to know whether this edit will allow me to update an Access database (mdb) file. I already have a database which is updated through an Access front-end, I want to update the database through web forms, is this possible? what are the benefits of going for the Professional Verion of Visual Studio instead? Cheers, In VB.Net you'd use the ADO.Net objects to update the database. Visual Studio.Net is just another Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool. It has the added ...

Accessing BTrieve database from Visual C++/Visual Basic
Hi! I have been looking on the pervasive website but things don't get really clear to me. Does anybody know how to access a betrieve database from either Visual Basic or from Visual C++? Is there some sort of ODBC driver or anything alike? Do you know where to get it and if it is free or needs to be payed for? I'm looking for this because we use a product in our clinic that makes use of a BTrieve database from which we would like to query some information that we would like to use in some other system. If we can access the BTrieve database we are able to treat our patient be...

Making MS Access Form as a standalone form like in VB
Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is dianafather@aim.com. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Oscar, why don't you just code up a VB form for user input and connect it to an Access backend? To my knowledge, you can't force an Access form to exist outside of Access. Your users would have to open the Access file to ent...

Accessing data from one form from main form in Visual Basic 6
How do I extract data from a form into the main form for processing? For instance, I have several image files in a form called images(images.frm), indexed from 0 to 99, and I want to import these into a variable array in my main form, main (form1.frm). How do I code a control to get these images into an array in my main form from the images.frm? TIA "JC" <not_clancy1965@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<bklrfm$pmq$1@sun-news.laserlink.net>... > How do I extract data from a form into the main form for processing? For > instance, I have several image files in a...

Accessing data from one form from main form in Visual Basic 6
How do I extract data from a form into the main form for processing? For instance, I have several image files in a form called images(images.frm), indexed from 0 to 99, and I want to import these into a variable array in my main form, main (form1.frm). How do I code a control to get these images into an array in my main form from the images.frm? TIA JC wrote: > How do I extract data from a form into the main form for > processing? For instance, I have several image files in a > form called images(images.frm), indexed from 0 to 99, and > I want to import these into a variable...

Which is more efficient and user-friendly: Using forms for the databases through Access or through forms created in VB?
I'm creating an info tracking database for the teacher education division for a local college. I've created the database in Access 2000, but I have created forms for the database in VB 6.0. Now, I'm thinking whether it will be more efficient to do it this way. I'm helping a friend with her regular classwork in Access, and one of her current classwork projects is creating forms in Access to display data. As I watch her, I'm thinking back to my project and wondering if I should've done the forms in Access instead. My reason for creating the forms in VB is to h...

Fire-up MS Access Database from VB and Leave it Running When VB App is Closed?
Hiya, Anybody know how to do this please? I am opening Access from VB using the code below. However, I don't want Access to close when objAccess goes out of scope. I would like Access to remain open - like MS Excel does if you write similar code. I am trying to avoid using the Shell function because I don't want to have to search for MSAccess.exe first. If you step through the code and click on the Access session before continuing through the VB code, it seems to know that you have interacted with it and leaves Access open. I have tried throwing in an AppActivate "MsAccess"...

Visual Basic in MS Access
I need help from a VB/Access expert. I prefer writing code in PHP and MySQL. However, I got stuck doing a project with an Access Database. I have created several Select Queries inside Access, but I need to automate it such that my customer can just click a single button or two - to make the database match and print the report for him. I need to write some VB code that will execute a serious of queries and capture some data from a query and put it into a variable. This variable will be use to rename the columns of a table. For example if the Pay_Period = 2 then the columns PD_Hours and PD...

Open Access Database Form from within Access database
I have included the following code to open an Access database form from within an exsisting Access database. But when I run the code, it appears that it opens the database because in windows explorer I can see the database has the .ldb file extension. So it appears that it's open, but I can't see the database or the form that I've tried to open. What am I doing wrong. The following is the code: 'This is in the declaration part of the module Dim appAccess As Access.Application ' Initialize string to database path. Const strConPathToSamples = "C:\Documents a...

MS Access Database Replication from VB
Hello, Have any of you ever controlled MS Access Replication from a VB application? I have a VB6 application where I have to send copies of the underlying MS Access 2000 database in remote areas (no LAN or Internet connections), then get the databases back and synchronize them. Any suggestions, articles, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Bie I have done code in Access which replicates six copies of a database together as an automated process. The same method calls can be run in VB as well. (It is Access 97, but I don't think that makes a difference, s long as the versions of ADO, ...

MS Access Database Replication from VB
Hello, Have any of you ever controlled MS Access Replication from a VB application? I have a VB6 application where I have to send copies of the underlying MS Access 2000 database in remote areas (no LAN or Internet connections), then get the databases back and synchronize them. Any suggestions, articles, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Bie ...

Web resources about - MS Access-style Continuous Forms in VB - comp.basic.visual.database

UN concern over apartheid-style access
REPORTS of an apartheid-style practice of separated entrances for indigenous people at some Australian hospitals has drawn criticism from a United ...

Access Style Deals: Chic Treat's Hottest Trends!
Style expert and ChicTreat.com paid spokesperson Asha Leo returns to Access Hollywood to show off the hottest trends viewers can get at a huge ...

EA is asking about an EA Access-style service for PC, with other publishers involved
It looks like EA might be looking to expand EA Access (its subscription service on Xbox One that gives access to a whole host of EA games) to ...

HECS-style scheme for lawsuits would improve access to justice, says Professor Stephen Parker
A HECS-style scheme to fund civil lawsuits could improve access to justice and instil confidence in democracy, a Canberra academic says.

Baltimore cable-access relaunches with HGTV-style fare, increased budget - Baltimore Sun
On Wednesday, Baltimore will relaunch its publicly owned TV station, shifting its focus from broadcasts of government meetings to CharmTV, a ...

Facebook Plan For TV-Style Ads Means More Advertiser Access To User News Feeds
... thing every morning. You can sign up to receive Social Media Insights here or at the bottom of this post. Facebook Plans To Sell TV-Style Ads ...

Sony Considering Steam-Style 'Early Access' For PS4
Valve's Steam has experimented with a controversial practice known as "Early Access" as of late, allowing developers to sell unfinished games ...

All-Access Pass: Take a Tour Inside the Campaign-Style Ready for Hillary Bus
It has a shower, brand-new leather seating and musical entertainment.

Obama offers reasonable plan to reform police access to military-style gear
... a post-Ferguson, Mo., world. The U.S. government will stop providing to law enforcement agencies some of the more controversial military-style ...

Say It With Style: Access Daily Quotes With They Said So’s API
... could be a simple option. They Said So is a quotes database that provides the They Said So API , making it possible for developers to access ...