Problem with recordset with a Field being a Null

Using VB6 DAO MS Access.

Here is my query that I can't seem to figure out. I want to exclude all
fax_numbers that do not equal "MAT" and fax_number is not NULL and red_falg
= false.

Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT * From PSUSA WHERE fax_number <> 'MAT' and
fax_number <> "" and red_flag=false", dbOpenDynaset)

Any help is much appreciate.

Thanks,
jt

0
jt
10/25/2004 6:15:27 AM
comp.basic.visual.database 1601 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

jt wrote:

I have answered you question in comp.lang.basic.visual.misc, please
cross-post instead of multi-posting.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451

0
Olof

ado recordset in visual basic database access---I am still having problem
Thanks for your time, I used your code, however, It still has bug, so far, I can debug all the way down to --strPN = rs("PersonnnelNumber").Value & "" Then it raise error again, saying "run time error 3265" Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal do you have any idea, thanks in advance Keep the post in the original thread. No need to start another thread... -- Chris Hanscom - Microsoft MVP (VB) Veign's Resource Center http://www.veign.com/vrc_main.asp -- "weiwei" <weihuangzhu@gmail.com>...

ado recordset in visual basic database access
Hi: I am trying to access my access database by using visual basic 6.0. I want to use recordset method to get data from query. I can get connection established, but I get error in further debugging with message "arguments are of the wrong type, are out of the acceptable range, are in conflict with one another". Anyone can help me out, Below is my current code Option Explicit Sub Main() Call Upload_User_Attribute End Sub Public Function Upload_User_Attribute() Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection Dim cmd As New ADODB.Command Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Dim sConnString As String Dim iCtr ...

ado recordset in visual basic database access
Hi: I am trying to access my access database by using visual basic 6.0. I want to use recordset method to get data from query. I can get connection established, but I get error in further debugging with message "arguments are of the wrong type, are out of the acceptable range, are in conflict with one another". Anyone can help me out, Below is my current code Option Explicit Sub Main() Call Upload_User_Attribute End Sub Public Function Upload_User_Attribute() Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection Dim cmd As New ADODB.Command Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Dim sConnString...

Visual Basic 6 on Windows 2003 database problem
Hello all. I have some little programs, written in Visual Basic 6, that uses a DB2 Database with an ODBC Driver. The programs, have been working fine in a Windows NT machine, and I have also probe them in a Windows 2000 Professional, but when run in a Windows 2003 Server, they don=B4t work. The error that appears is: 'CLI0115E The cursor state is incorrect. SQLSTATE=3D24000' The error occurs in the second MsgBox line, when ejecuting the RecordCount method of the recorset. Could it be a matter of incompatibility of Visual Basic 6 with Windows 2003? Set cnObj =3D...

ado recordset in visual basic database access #2
Thanks for your time, I used your code, however, It still has bug, so far, I can debug all the way down to --strPN =3D rs("PersonnnelNumber").Value & "" Then it raise error again, saying "run time error 3265" Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal do you have any idea, thanks in advance Try this (air-code): '----------------------Start Code----------------------- Public Function Upload_User_Attribute() Dim conn As ADODB.Connection Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Dim sConnString As String Dim strPN As String ...

Accessing BTrieve database from Visual C++/Visual Basic
Hi! I have been looking on the pervasive website but things don't get really clear to me. Does anybody know how to access a betrieve database from either Visual Basic or from Visual C++? Is there some sort of ODBC driver or anything alike? Do you know where to get it and if it is free or needs to be payed for? I'm looking for this because we use a product in our clinic that makes use of a BTrieve database from which we would like to query some information that we would like to use in some other system. If we can access the BTrieve database we are able to treat our patient be...

Problem with Visual Basic
have small one worries to open a file m-lines since visual BASIC 6.0. I use the instuction shell with the following synthaxe: Shell "C:\Program files\Matlab\Matlab.exe E:\Work\Simulation\Project.m" in program VB6.0, but the file does not open, and I am made to write this so that this works better: Shell "C:\Program files\Matlab\Matlab.exe" Shell "C:\Program files\Matlab\meditor.exe E:\Work\Simulation\Project.m" But when I use these instructions Matlab open and plan opens with the editeur of text, it is therefore impossible to me to execute project with the Ma...

Visual Basic Problem
If you have VB Problem or big MS related project contact me for help with outsourcing the development. We have facility in Vietnam. ITSofts.com The Outsourcing Expert ITSoft wrote: > We have facility in Vietnam. > And is that the Visual Basic Problem you are refering to in your title? ...

Problem with a null field
........ SUM(Amount1) +B.Amount2 as TOTAL ........ TOTAL is zero whenever the Dataset field Amount2 is NULL. Setting the field to zero prior to the query, remedies the problem. Is there a way to get around the problem beside checking all of the null fields ? "Stark" <franco.jommi@tin.it> wrote in message news:Dfz4d.295062$OR2.13423559@news3.tin.it... > ....... SUM(Amount1) +B.Amount2 as TOTAL ........ > > TOTAL is zero whenever the Dataset field Amount2 is NULL. Setting the > field to zero prior to the query, remedies the problem. > Is there...

Databases and Visual Basic
I have to produce a stock management system using MySQL and VB 6 by Thursday and at the moment I have got no where. Can anyone help as I cannot get it to display multiple lines of an order and allow each one to be manipulated separately; also I am trying to get it to look like ACT! whereby everything is run from one main form what is they best way to do this so that it will store relevant fields that need to be displayed on different frames and also look decent. Cheers for your help. A stock application by Thursday. Good luck - design, develop, and test in 4 days... May want t...

visual basic problem
I have code that exports data to excel and formats it. I originally put it into the on click method; however, it has not gotten too large. I want to split it out into different modules; however, I am not sure how to start formatting an open excel file. What I have done is export the data, open the file and then do some initial formatting. The next "function"? would be to do more formatting on the open excel file. Is there a way to do this? It seems like I need to re-declare the excel file somehow. Thanks for any help you can give. Apgoodb, Oh my, yes. If you create an instanc...

Very Basic Basic Problem
Sorry if this comes across too elementry, but I'm having a problem with this program I have to write for school, and with my back against the wall I have too throw away my pride and ask for help. I'm pretty much folowing the textbook's lead here, since I was absence the day she went over this. Anyway the problem seems to be with the loop, its an endless loop. From the READ/DATA statements only the first line 'David Bassett' is apperaing on the screen. All the formatting (Page name, heading etc) seems to be coming up as planned. Again with a few alterations, ...

problem with dll in visual basic
Hello, I'm using a dll created with comtool in a Visual Basic application and when i try to run it I get the following error from VB: ---------------------- -2147024769 (8007007f) Automation error ------------------- I've searched over the net, and found that the you get this error if the dll is not properly registered in the system. I've tried to manually register the dll with regsvr32 command and get the following message: Loadlibrary("c:\temp\sqq.dll") failed - The specified procedure could not be found. where sqq.dll is the dll I get from comtool. By the way, I...

Web resources about - Problem with recordset with a Field being a Null - comp.basic.visual.database

PhotoBlogs Reader for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get PhotoBlogs Reader on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Wikipedia:Reference desk/all - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page lists all the recent questions asked on the Wikipedia reference desk by category. To ask a new question, please select one of the categories ...

Old money again shows its worth
Rare coin and medal auctions appear to be back in vogue as records start to tumble. -

Monster.com CEO Jeff Taylor Shatters Current Blimp Water-skiing Record Held by Virgin CEO and Adventurist ...
Monster.com CEO Jeff Taylor Shatters Current Blimp Water-skiing RecordHeld by Virgin CEO & Adventurist Richard Branson Valued Gateway Client ...

AlloyUI
1.7.0 YUI 3.7.3 APIs Classes Modules Everything A.DataType.DateMath A.HTML5 A.io A.Node A.NodeList A.Plugin.IO Anim App App.Base App.Content ...

Technical Skills
Skip to main content Skip to main content Contact Me Jason Ryberg Professional Experience Jason Ryberg An IT Genius You are here Home Windows ...

TaffyDB – A lightweight JSON-based database for your app
TaffyDB is a Pure-JavaScript database abstraction that stores data in JSON format. This means that you feed a JSON file to TaffyDB and you automatically ...

Beaufield Atelier
apps photoblogs reader about contact PhotoBlogs Reader Enjoy Great Photography, Distraction-Free. PhotoBlogs Reader is a visual RSS reader that ...

Google releases its data encoding format to compete with XML
In an effort to solve the bulk and time-consumption problem when encoding large databases, Google developed its own alternative to XML. Yesterday, ...

Central Canada Trends
The average of the mean temps for all stations in the prairies of Canada shows no increase. However, the extreme ends do show interesting trends. ...