problems problems problems

(The short(?) summary)

I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it..

Problem 1 of 2

The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block
variable not set.

I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the
objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate
them)

But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load
anyway for some reason.. pffft.

Private Sub Form_Load()
frmTest1Project.Show
datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast
datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst
Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest1Project, "TextBox")
End Sub

Problem 2 of 2

In the data object properties, I have set
BOFAction = 0 - Move First
EOFAction = 0 - Move Last

Yet still, If I go beyond the last record, or before the first record,
I get one blank record, and then an error when moving yet one more
time in the beyond or before direction. Runtime error 3021 No current
record found

Why aren't my BOF/EOF actions kicking in?

Any assistance would be appreciated :) :) :)

Tony!
0
Tony
7/9/2003 4:56:52 PM
comp.basic.visual.database 1601 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I think that I had a problem like this once I think it was that you needed
to moe to the last record
then check against EOF/BOF and if true move first/last
I think thats how I fixed it
sorry if I'm way off base

"Tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> (The short(?) summary)
>
> I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it..
>
> Problem 1 of 2
>
> The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block
> variable not set.
>
> I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the
> objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate
> them)
>
> But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load
> anyway for some reason.. pffft.
>
> Private Sub Form_Load()
> frmTest1Project.Show
> datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast
> datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst
> Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest1Project, "TextBox")
> End Sub
>

> Problem 2 of 2
>
> In the data object properties, I have set
> BOFAction = 0 - Move First
> EOFAction = 0 - Move Last
>
> Yet still, If I go beyond the last record, or before the first record,
> I get one blank record, and then an error when moving yet one more
> time in the beyond or before direction. Runtime error 3021 No current
> record found
>
> Why aren't my BOF/EOF actions kicking in?
>

> Any assistance would be appreciated :) :) :)
>
> Tony!

0
Tim
7/10/2003 12:06:03 AM
Actually you weren't way off!

I was setting the bof/eof actions on the data object itself, but apparently
since I have it hidden and am using my own buttons to move around the database,
I actually need to implicitly code for the eof/bof actions.

Private Sub cmdPrevious_Click()
datGallery.Recordset.MovePrevious
If datGallery.Recordset.BOF Then
datGallery.Recordset.MoveNext
End If
End Sub

And I also found the answer to not being able to work with the recordset in the
form load event, It works like a charm when I put it in the form_Activate
event,. (I actually never heard of it 'til now :)

Thanks for the reply :)

Tony!

In article <L52Pa.551$R92.174@news2.central.cox.net>, "Tim says...

>I think that I had a problem like this once I think it was that you needed
>to moe to the last record
>then check against EOF/BOF and if true move first/last
>I think thats how I fixed it
>sorry if I'm way off base
>
>"Tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message
>> (The short(?) summary)
>>
>> I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it..
>>
>> Problem 1 of 2
>>
>> The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block
>> variable not set.
>>
>> I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the
>> objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate
>> them)
>>
>> But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load
>> anyway for some reason.. pffft.
>>
>> Private Sub Form_Load()
>> frmTest1Project.Show
>> datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast
>> datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst
>> Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest1Project, "TextBox")
>> End Sub
>>

>> Problem 2 of 2
>>
>> In the data object properties, I have set
>> BOFAction = 0 - Move First
>> EOFAction = 0 - Move Last
>>
>> Yet still, If I go beyond the last record, or before the first record,
>> I get one blank record, and then an error when moving yet one more
>> time in the beyond or before direction. Runtime error 3021 No current
>> record found
>>
>> Why aren't my BOF/EOF actions kicking in?
>>

>> Any assistance would be appreciated :) :) :)
>>
>> Tony!

0
Tony

Problem with a problem
Hello, take a grammar G with alphabet {0,1} such that (the word problem for) the language L_G={w in (0+1)*|w\in L(G)} is very complex, say in PSPACE or some higher complexity class. Now consider an "easy" problem EASY like: "Is an element of L_G in L_G?". Well, this seems to be fairly easy because the answer is "yes" in any case. Hence the problem should be of small complexity. But if one models such a decision problem one has to construct a language L with alphabet A such that the word problem for L reflects exactly the decision problem which one is interested...

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- -...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo
First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) From: JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> > DELETE Z*.*;* > DELETE Y*.*;* > ... > DELETE A*.*;* > > (followed by the numbers). This scheme may be a bit obsolete. See: http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/731FINAL/4506/4506pro_014.html#index_x_890 I quote: [...] 5.2.3.1.2 Extended Character Set In addition, OpenVMS V7.2 on Alpha systems and ODS-5 disks includes support for the use of file names, and subdirectory and root subdirectory names, tha...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo #2
On 8/17/05, Mark Berryman <mark@theberrymans.com> wrote: > Steven M. Schweda wrote: > > First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time > > to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) >=20 > Elsewhere. Info-VAX does not rewrite the subject. >=20 > Mark Berryman > Info-VAX admin >=20 I thought it was reacting to poster sanity bugchecks. : ^ ) WWWebb --=20 NOTE: This email address is only used for noncommerical VMS-related correspondence. All unsolicited commercial email will be deemed to be a request for services pursuant to the t...

Is this a BIOS problem, a kernel problem or a user problem :-)
Hi all, I have a Dual Core P4, which dmesg reports as (CPU0 and) CPU1: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 5 CPU 2.66GHz stepping 07 Unfortunately, it is also reporting CPU: Hyper-Threading is disabled I went through the BIOS (AMI dated 2005) and saw no option to enable HT. uname -a reports Linux hwa3 2.6.17-10-generic #2 SMP Fri Oct 13 18:45:35 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux so clearly the BIOS and the kernel see the processor as dual core. Is there a utility to do this (enable hyperthreading)? Am I going to have to recompile the kernel? Is there a set of Intel dual core CPU's which does not have H...

CUPS problem? or network problem? or printer problem?
Trying to configure CUPS to print to an HP LaserJet 5si over the network. Here is the relevant error_log stuff: I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Job 14 queued on 'ptr' by 'wm'. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/texttops (PID 12120) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 1 2121) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster (P ID 12122) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertoprint er (PID 1...

A simple problem, but a problem ...
Hello, can anyone solve the following problem ? It looks quite simple to me, but I can't get it right. The advice suggests the following: mr(yes). mr(no). mrs(yes). mrs(no). marcel(yes). marcel(no). jacqu(yes). jacqu(no). grandpa(yes). grandpa(no). but how can I use this to solve the problem ? thanx a lot Maxx Problem: If Mr. Johnson goes, his wife goes too. At least one of the children, Marcel or Jacqueline, goes too. If Marcel goes, grandpa goes too. If Mrs. Johnson goes, grandpa stays at home. If Jacqueline goes, Mr. Johnson and Marcel go too. Write a prolog program, which det...

Problem with problem section
Hi, I have defined as follows: ------------------------------------------------------------------- \newtheorem{problem}{Problem}[section] --------------------------------------------------------------------------- and I use as: ----------------------------------------------------- \begin{problem} \label{ch6:p2} {\bf {Understanding {\bf XXX} assignment}} Convert the code in problem \ref{ch6:p1} to {\bf XXX} assignment. Fill the table \ref{ch6:p1t}, along with the comments. \end{problem} ------------------------------------------------------------------- What I want is all my figures and t...

Lan problems problems
Hi can anyone please offer a suggestion to a LAN Problem i have. Recently my server computer on a 3 access point lan network has been dropping out after about 10 minutes. if i disconnect the power from the ethernet switch/hub and reconnect after 5 minutes, then it works again for a short time. there is no disconnection from the other servers. I have,..... 1.reformatted and rebuilt windows xp pro. 2.tested the switch/hub on another computer, seems ok 3. tested the lan cables. 4. tested the lan access points. yet still i have the trouble. any suggestions would be welcomed. D.Thomas Di...

problem with a minimazition problem.
Hello, I have a problem with a minimazition problem: Let my aim is to find x and a where f(x,a) is minimized with the constraint g(x,a)=0. Here "a" is parameter. It is known that for some values of x and a, function g does not have real roots of x. In matlab, I use fmincon function to solve this minimazition problem with "interior-point" algorithm. However, even in situations where g doesnt have real x roots , somehow Fmincon finds solution. I want to determine which solutions have real roots which are not. How can I do that? To which criterian do I have to...

Linux, ISE 7.1, problems, problems, problems ....
ok, ok we've beaten this subject to death already .... I just had this really radical and crazy idea: XILINX, how about a BETA program ? I mean one before you burn the CDs and make a product announcement and we are stuck with a useless plastic disc. If I look at all the issues that people are having with 7.1, they are all so trivial and easy to to solve (include a few libs, distribute a statically linked setup program, etc.). I'm sure a few of us with subscription would volunteer to test drive a pre-release version of your s/w. - I know I would. Wouldn't that be much nicer t...

Is it a know problem this problem? (an extension of Nearest-Neighbor Problem)
I met a problem which can be considered as an extension of Nearest-Neighbor Problem. Suppose we have n (e.g. n = 10) robots and m (e.g., m = n = 10) locations to explore in a 3-dimensional space. We want to assign each robot to explore a possible location, while minimizing the summation of the distances between each robot-location pair. If n = 1 or m = 1, it is clear this is a nearest-neighbor problem. What if both n and m are greater than 1 (n and m are not necessarily equal)? Is it a known problem which has been addressed by some heuristic algorithm? Thanks. This sounds more like an opt...

debugger problem and other problem
Hi all! I gave it another try to upgarde from 1.0.1 to 1.2.1 from CVS (Rev. 6469). My system: Linux Debian Lenny, kernel 2.6.24. Problems: 1. the classical debugger doesn't show the code. First I thought it could be a color problem, but it isn't. Changing the color doesn't help. You can find a screenshot at http://www.apw-wiegand.de/apwlin/debugger.png. As you can see the debugger finds the code file and shows the line number where it actually is, but doesn't show the code. In 1.0.1 the debugger was functioning. 2. I read several times in the newsgroup that others have the...

Lan problems problems
Hi can anyone please offer a suggestion to a LAN Problem i have. Recently my server computer on a 3 access point lan network has been dropping out after about 10 minutes. if i disconnect the power from the ethernet switch/hub and reconnect after 5 minutes, then it works again for a short time. there is no disconnection from the other servers. I have,..... 1.reformatted and rebuilt windows xp pro. 2.tested the switch/hub on another computer, seems ok 3. tested the lan cables. 4. tested the lan access points. yet still i have the trouble. any suggestions would be welcomed. D.Thomas Di...

Web resources about - problems problems problems - comp.basic.visual.database

LG admits G4 bootloop problem is a hardware fault, will repair affected devices
... a hardware defect and will repair affected devices. According to the numerous posts on various social platforms and YouTube, the bootloop problem ...

Problem
"The governments in Paris, London and Brussels have completely lost control, they are not able to maintain the rule of law and they are miserably ...

Russia says a growing problem in space could be enough to spark a war
... space junk grows so large that a single collision could set off a domino effect of increasingly more collisions. For Kessler, this is a problem ...

Report: Disney still has a big princess problem
Even though the studio has become more progressive with women's roles, researchers found disturbing trends that may negatively influence girls ...

Cleveland police problem started at the top: Phillip Morris
cleveland.com Cleveland police problem started at the top: Phillip Morris cleveland.com In this file image, a prosecutor points out locations ...

Retail's Amazon.com problem
Amid Amazon's extended love affair with Wall Street, the rest of retail is getting hammered.

Hannity Teams Up With Rumsfeld To Blame Obama For Problems In Iraq
Of all people who should have no credibility on the subject of the Iraq war, it’s “We know where the WMDs in Iraq are” and “I doubt the war will ...

The Problem With Obama’s Trickle Down Regulations
In Colorado and North Carolina, the EPA is running amok.

Small town of Sebring, Ohio, also facing lead drinking water problems
Located four hours to the southeast of Flint, Michigan, there’s another town facing a potential lead crisis in its drinking water. Sebring, Ohio, ...