VB6 & Jet 4 & MDAC 2.7 RTM challenge - "Method '~' of object '~' failed"

VB6 & Jet 4 & MDAC 2.7 RTM challenge -  "Method '~' of object '~' failed"

I've spent more than three full days trying to get a VB6 program to
talk to my Access 2002 database, and gives error -2147024769 while
refusing to connect to the local database.

The program works on a development machine and used to also work on a
WinXP clean install. However, now, it won't work no matter what I do
even though the program is unchanged.

In an attempt to solve this problem, I created versions using different
MDACs using Microsoft's Visual Studio 6 deployment wizard without
success. I also installed Jet 4 separately as well as MS Access 2002...
all without any luck.  What should my next step be to get this going???

It is so bizarre that this program worked before on a clean install and
while nothing has changed, it now won't connect to the database
anymore. Someone a few years ago in a newsgroup said "error message
-2147024769 means "the specified procedure could not be found and that
a function in a module is missing."

Is this true? If it is, what does that mean for my problem solving?
Thanks in advance.

Brian

0
a8a04191
7/11/2003 8:25:45 PM
comp.basic.visual.database 1601 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Like '' & '' & ''
Having this description column in a table "Cookies, peanut butter sandwich, regular" When using this WHERE clause: WHERE (((Food_Data.Description) Like "*Butter*" & "*Peanut*")); I dont get any results, however when using it this way round WHERE (((Food_Data.Description) Like "*Peanut*" & "*Butter*")); I get the row as expected. I assume that the query looks for them in order. Is there a way i can get around this and make the query search for both keywords no matter which order i ype them in. Thanks Dave [posted and mail...

'&' or '&&' ??
In an if statement which operator & or && is best to used for and? In article <fmgr8a$a5s$1@news.net.uni-c.dk>, saneman <yyyy@dd.com> wrote: >In an if statement which operator & or && is best to used for and? && if you are working with scalar values, and & if you are working with a vector. -- "I will speculate that [...] applications [...] could actually see a performance boost for most users by going dual-core [...] because it is running the adware and spyware that [...] are otherwise slowing down the single CPU that user has...

Replacing '&' with '&amp;'
(Classic Rexx on OS/2) I'm working on a script which will convert some really bad HTML to really good XHTML 1.0 Strict. One of my challenges is when a URL contains an ampersand; even in a URL, a '&' must be written '&amp;'. It isn't really a deal-breaker, but I want to do it anyway. May as well do it right, you know. The procedure I composed for this purpose is below. It has worked every time I have tested it. Looking at it, though, I have a nagging suspicion that it is not as efficient as it could be. I have no conscious reason to think this, but it just look...

'&&', '||' and '!' operators allowed in template arguments?
Hi, Was looking over this paper by Bjarne Straustrup 'http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2003/n1510.pdf' and saw this syntax: template<Std_printable && value_type T> class X { /* & */ }; (page 19) Is this real syntax, or am I missing something? "Asfand Yar Qazi" <see@message.body.com> wrote in message news:30pvhgF324b2nU1@uni-berlin.de... > Hi, > > Was looking over this paper by Bjarne Straustrup > 'http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2003/n1510.pdf' > and saw this syntax: > > template...

Basic array stuff... Why [0] & ['key'] and [1] & ['value'] 'duplication'?
I've been studying this for hours, searching the www & usenet, and still can't figure out why 'each' returns an array of four key/value pairs, when it looks like just two pairs would suffice... That is, it looks to me like [0] & ['key'] are the same, and also [1] & ['value'], so what's the point of duplicating them? I'm assuming that in fact there are serious differences between [0] and ['key'] and between [1] and [value], but I haven't a clue what that might be. Any hints, URLs, explanaitons, etc. most welcome! Thank you. ...

'a&p' and 'b&m' #2
David, Thanks for the answer. Well, I understand I can do this without macros = and SAS/IML, but I'm working with these two things and I'm doing lots of = things here. I'm not simply separating a dataset (I sent only a part of = the SAS code I'm working on!). I can't explain now what I'm really doing = but you have to believe me that I'm not treating anything as a black = box. I know exactly what the SAS codes are supposed to do. =20 As I don't have much experience with macros, "simple" problems happen. = I'm thankful that the list is helping me...

'''''''''''''The Running Update/Append Queries Using VBA code Ordeal'''''''''''''' #2
Hi, Thanks for ur help there HJ. I know how to do the tasks you specified there. I would like for the update query to use field values from some of the fields on the form (frmInvoices) such as InvoiceNumber, DateFrom, DateTo. My problem is that an append/update query can't find the values in the open Form (frmInvoices) when I specify them as; [Forms]![frmInvoices]![InvoiceNumber] a select query has no problem finding the field values on a form. please help. Aaron Hi Aaron, Could you post the entire code that you are having trouble with? Now it is not possible to see what goes wron...

'is not' or '!='
A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements like: if x is not None: and if x != None: Without any context, which one should be preferred? IMHO, the latter is more readable. On 2014-08-18 21:35, ElChino wrote: > A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements > like: > if x is not None: > and > if x != None: > > Without any context, which one should be preferred? > IMHO, the latter is more readable. > "x == y" tells you whether x and y refer to objects that are equal. "x is y&qu...

'^=' and '~='?

Re: 'a&p' and 'b&m' #2
It worked! =3DD Thanks Jim Groeneveld and Zhi Song. Renata Matos ...

Re: 'a&p' and 'b&m' #4
Renata, right. If you simply have a part of your problem and do not need a global solution, that's all right. Sometimes it is a bit difficult to have no information about the input and the desired output, even if it's only a part. Example: one of the last questions was: I have a SAS date in the form monthdayyear and I want to extract the month, day and year. If there is NO information, if that is REALLY a SAS date (there is no SAS date stored in the form monthdayyear!) and the desired output is expected to be numeric, you can answer several things. SUBSTR might a "good" idea,...

Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID', updated 16/Feb/2005 #2
Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID', updated 16/Feb/2005 ---------------------------------------------------------- Apple DVD Studio Pro 3 for MAC - image- DVD-158 ROUTE66 ROUTE EUROPE 2004 MAC EDITION Image DVD-060 2004/12/02 Techsmith.Camtasia.Studio.v2.1.Multi 1CD 2004/12/02 IDS.ARIS.Design.v6.2.3.Multi 1CD 2004/12/02 SampleLab.Drum.Fundamentals.Multiformat 3CD 2004/12/02 SampleLab.Luscious.GROOVES.M...

'a&p' and 'b&m'
Hi again. Here is a small sample of what I'm doing: =20 data teste; input a1 a2 a3 a4 b1 b2 b3; cards; 3 2 1 2 1 13 3 2 1 3 1 2 15 7 1 2 2 1 10 14 9 2 2 4 1 4 13 8 1 1 4 1 3 11 4 ; run; %macro teste(banco,p,m); proc iml; use &banco; read all var('a1':'a4') into xi1; close &banco; print xi1; =20 use &banco; read all var('b1':'b3') into xi2; close &banco; print xi2; %mend teste; %teste (teste,4,3)...

Difference between 'Read timeout' & 'Response timeout' & 'Connect timeout'
Hi, Can anyone tell me exactly what the difference is between a 'Read timeout' & 'Response timeout' & 'Connect timeout'? Thanks, Eddie On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:16:39 -0700, Eddieturbo@googlemail.com <Eddieturbo@googlemail.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me exactly what the difference is between a 'Read > timeout' & 'Response timeout' & 'Connect timeout'? A "read timeout" is when a post is so long, I get bored of reading it and move to the next one. A "response timeout" is when the person wh...

Re: if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_yy not in ('','.') Any shorter ? #2
Igor, There are many ways to make it more concise, however the parsimony is likely to be achieved at the expense of clarity. For instance, the expressions length ( input (mm||dd||yy, $10.) ) > 2 length ( compress(mm||dd||yy, ' .') ) > 2 and like might be somewhat shorter than the original, but they will execute slower, and their intent is far less eminent. Since it appears that you are trying to validate the components of a date, maybe it is not a worthless idea to try the date informat conforming to the mask you are testing. Say if all the pieces are 2-digit, the expres...

Web resources about - VB6 & Jet 4 & MDAC 2.7 RTM challenge - "Method '~' of object '~' failed" - comp.basic.visual.database