Right-to-left text

I come back to right-to-left text such as Arabic and Hebrew.

My test page
 http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/right-to-left.html
lists all HTML and CSS constructs for bidirectional text.
It uses only ASCII digits! You do not need to know Arabic or
Hebrew; you don't even need fonts with Arabic or Hebrew letters.

If your browser passes this test, it is likely to display
Arabic and Hebrew pages correctly.

0
Andreas
9/12/2006 3:50:40 PM
comp.browsers.mac 289 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Text widget with mixed left-to-right and right-to-left Unicode text abilities?
Hi, is there one of these? If not I might have a go at writing a simple one of them.... Apologies if this is a FAQ, I did search the archive a bit before posting. Best, Charles. ...

textarea: get text left and right from selected text
Hello everybody, I am looking for a method to get the text on the left and the right side if a user selects some text in a textarea. Regards Mario *** mariomueller escribi�/wrote (23 Aug 2006 12:31:43 -0700): > I am looking for a method to get the text on the left and the right > side if a user selects some text in a textarea. This article may help: http://www.quirksmode.org/js/selected.html -- -+ http://alvaro.es - �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain ++ Mi sitio sobre programaci�n web: http://bits.demogracia.com +- Mi web de humor con rayos UVA: http://www.demogracia.com -- Hi ...

what does SHIFT-left-or-right of up-down-left-right do?
Well, I know about shift up-and-down: shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the cursor all the way to the beginning or the end. shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes to scroll-down that FIRST time.) What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the left and right arrows? Oh, apparantely undocumented, I&#...

text-align left AND text-align-right in same container (on same line)
Is it possible to have a box (div) which sets a background-color and which contains (on the same line) text which is left aligned and text which is right aligned. (as in a table: two td's left one left aligned, right one right aligned). Thanxs!! At approximately 2006/09/21 15:46, Sjef Janssen typed these characters: >Is it possible to have a box (div) which sets a background-color and which >contains (on the same line) text which is left aligned and text which is >right aligned. (as in a table: two td's left one left aligned, right one >right aligned)....

LEFT + LEFT vs LEFT + RIGHT
In order to do a full outer join in MySQL one must use a union. Is there any good reason to do SELECT ... LEFT JOIN UNION SELECT ... RIGHT JOIN rather than SELECT ... LEFT JOIN UNION SELECT ... LEFT JOIN with the tables swapped on the latter LEFT JOIN? Paul Lautman wrote: > In order to do a full outer join in MySQL one must use a union. > Is there any good reason to do > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > > UNION > > SELECT ... > RIGHT JOIN > > rather than > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > > UNION > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > ...

does PHP read left to right or right to left?
I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable called 'image' and prints what it finds. showThumbnail takes an image for a parameter and resizes it before sending it to the screen. But when I do this: <?php showThumbnail(currentImage(), 20, 20); ?> showThumbnail is telling me that it is not being given a file name, and currentImage is printing the file name to the screen. How is that possible? What is the right way to do this? lawrence k wrote: > I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable > called 'image' and pr...

Text and Image inside table <td> Alight Text Left and Image right in same cell ??
Is that possible? How? <td > <asp:Label ID="StartDateLabel" runat="server" Text="Start Date:"> <asp:imagebutton ID="Imagebutton1" width=18 Height=18 CommandName=SetDate imageUrl="../cal.jpg" runat=server /> </asp:Label> </td> <td > On 2006-10-24, Jason <jason@cyberpine.com> wrote: > Is that possible? How? Set text-align: left on the cell as usual (it's likely to be the default), and make the image float: right. To work around a Firefox float bug, better to put the image befor...

Right to left text area
Hi, I have been trying to get right to left text working for a while now. What I want is a JTextArea, with my own very specific font (for a middle-eastern language that is RTL). I have the TTF font, and I can get the JTextArea to type with this font. I have even devised a way to map key strokes on the keyboard to the glyphs from the font that I want. What I cannot figure out is how to make this text start and flow from the right to the left. I have tried all variations of setComponentOrientation() and setAlignmentX(). I have even tried creating my own DefaultKeyTypedAction() that...

Changing x-axis plot from right to left to left to right
Hi, For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, at the minute it plots from 20 down to 1, not from 1 to 20) I am aware of set xrange reverse but this just inverts the whole graph and displays from 17 .... 1 down along the x-axis rather than plotting the other way round. I'm rather stuck and would appreciate some advice. Regards Jamie On 14.08.2012 17:52, Jamie Rees wrote: > For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my > data along the X axis from ri...

input text right to left
Hi, I am new to java. Am creating a math page for teachers. I have math problems where the input needs to be right to left (e.g. adding two several digit numbers in a column). Is there an easy way to specify that the text insertion point needs to move from right to left instead on the standard left to right? I tried the direction property, but that doesn't seem to work. kd ROBT NISHIDA <kddran.6.26.83@verizon.net> wrote: > I am new to java. Am creating a math page for teachers. I have math > problems where the input needs to be right to left (e.g. adding two several &g...

text display in Mac browsers
Both MSIE 5 and Safari seem to have difficulty displaying certain characters. E.g., "clich�" (accent over the last "e") is displayed as "clich&#233" None of the text encoding settings seem to change this. Is this type of thing a result of improper page setup, or a browser problem? -- to respond, change "spamless.invalid" with "optonline.net" please mail OT responses only The accented "e" displays a diacritical mark. It's one of the high or 'extended' ASCII 8-bit text characters. Regular text, with 7-bit ASCII ch...

right to left text field
just i want to change the direction of the writing in the text field to be from right to left. I tried Font.layoutGlyphVector but I don't know how to set the arguments especailly the first and the second arguments. Am i in the right way or there is another way? pls help. polaris wrote: > just i want to change the direction of the writing in the text field > to be from right to left. I tried Font.layoutGlyphVector but I don't > know how to set the arguments especailly the first and the second > arguments. Am i in the right way or there is another way? pls help. > Mayb...

Is a Mac Right For You? A growing number of entrepreneurs are deciding a Mac is the right computer for them.
From Entrepreneur.com: http://tinyurl.com/5moenl Cuss and discuss. Is a Mac Right For You? A growing number of entrepreneurs are deciding a Mac is the right computer for them. By Jason R. Rich �October 20, 2008 Not long ago, if you were to ask PC users what they thought about Apple Macs, you'd probably get one of two responses: Either they'd say, "Oh, those are the computers used by college students," or you'd hear, "Aren't Macs used only by creative types, like artists and musicians?" What today's�business�people and�entrepreneurs�are quickly ...

Equation with right or left flushed text
I want to have some "standard" equations, possible within gather or similar environments, with centered formula bodies but want to have a zero width box containing text at the extreme left. For example I would like output to look like this: Einstein's Formula E = mc^2 (23) where (23) is the equation number, E=mc^2 is centered (or positioned as it should be within given environment) without regard to widths of Einstein's Formula or (23). \shoveleft seems only to go back to the left most part of series of equations rather than the left margin. Any suggest...

Web resources about - Right-to-left text - comp.browsers.mac

Right-to-left - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Right-to-left can also refer to top-to-bottom, right-to-left scripts such as Chinese , Japanese , and Korean , though they are also commonly ...

Hebrew Posts Now Right-To-Left On Facebook?
... for its users who speak Hebrew , following up its introduction of language-specific names with the display of posts in Hebrew from right-to-left, ...

Facebook Now Available in Arabic and Hebrew, Reading Right to Left
... 60 more in the process of user translation, today officially launched in Arabic and Hebrew – two languages in which writing begins on the right ...

Daley must turn left to right for Blues
Laurie Daley has an abundance of left-side wingers at his disposal for State of Origin I, but he needs to turn one into a right-side player. ...

Man survives motorcycle accident but his heart shifts from left to right
A MAN survived a motorcycle accident but he left doctors shocked when they went to check his heart only to find it was no longer on the left ...

Left to right:... - - chicagotribune.com
Left to right: Michael Murray, Josh Kruge and Stephanie Cohn use their feet to mix mortar for the rocket stove.

Where we can move the needle right to left in 2014
... my money to somebody who'll just be another Blue Dog..." It's a pretty common refrain around these parts, and it's particularly important right ...

Super Mario Runs Left to Right Because Our Brains Say So
Does this gif hurt your brain? You're not alone. Read more...

Mac malware uses right to left character exploit
... and read each character moving left. The text displays like this because it is prefixed by a special Right-to-Left override Unicode character. ...

Tip of the Day: Taking Right-to-Left Panoramic Photos
If you have an iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 you can take advantage of a new iOS 6 feature that allows you to capture panoramic photos without the need ...